HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Brett Connolly end to end wonder goal. Playing with confidence out there!
About time! Hopefully he can continue his fine form.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
crunchrulz

When it rains it pours. Hope the injury to Bishop is not too serious.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Kiwi View Post
When did you hear this? Or is just the impression you get?
Hate to be that dude, but I can't say. He has interest, but has no desire to play in the A, which is fine.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:10 PM
crunchrulz

So Landry is now the 6th defenseman on the Crunch roster. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated for Crunch fans as well as the Crunch goaltenders.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
So Landry is now the 6th defenseman on the Crunch roster. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated for Crunch fans as well as the Crunch goaltenders.
They can't move Dylan Olsen back to D? Who got hurt again?

Old
01-06-2014, 04:39 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
They can't move Dylan Olsen back to D? Who got hurt again?
Taormina and Angelidis both didn't practice today. Taormina with a leg injury and Angelidis with his collarbone. From what I've been hearing, Angelidis is just taking a maintenance.

Old
01-06-2014, 09:59 PM
crunchrulz

Taormina is out with the infamous upper boy injury. Paradis is out at least another week. Angelidis reportedly was hurt during a check against the Sens. Guess the last couple of fairly injury free seasons is catching up with the organization.

Old
01-06-2014, 11:09 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
Taormina is out with the infamous upper boy injury. Paradis is out at least another week. Angelidis reportedly was hurt during a check against the Sens. Guess the last couple of fairly injury free seasons is catching up with the organization.
Yup! Too bad we were awful when we were so unusually healthy. Now we are having a terrible injury bug to pay for it.

Old
01-08-2014, 08:47 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
FINAL: Crunch 4, WBS Penguins 2. Brett Connolly has 3-straight 3-point games, 4-straight game-winning goals in Syracuse victories.

Old
01-09-2014, 02:17 AM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
FINAL: Crunch 4, WBS Penguins 2. Brett Connolly has 3-straight 3-point games, 4-straight game-winning goals in Syracuse victories.
Almost time to get excited about him again.

Old
01-09-2014, 03:51 AM
LightningStrikes
He is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Almost time to get excited about him again.
Seriously, what a roller coaster season for him. Red hot (NHL pre-season), ice cold (NHL regular season), red hot (AHL), ice cold (NHL/AHL), red hot (AHL), repeat.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Steve Yzerman
PLAYOFFS!

vCash: 805
He has 23 points in 24 games. Considering how slow he started, he is RED HOT right now, in terms of point production (9 points in 3 games in January). I wouldn't mind allowing Panik to get some "conditioning" in the AHL a la Connolly.

Old
01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
He has 23 points in 24 games. Considering how slow he started, he is RED HOT right now, in terms of point production (9 points in 3 games in January). I wouldn't mind allowing Panik to get some "conditioning" in the AHL a la Connolly.
I'm with you, particularly if Connolly can keep up anything close to this. Feels like it couldn't hurt, although I do think Panik's been starting to show some flashes of potential again. But these two are definitely the TB enigmas right now, so I don't see any harm in swapping them when the timing's right to see if we can finally get one of them jump-started in the NHL.

Old
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
I'm with you, particularly if Connolly can keep up anything close to this. Feels like it couldn't hurt, although I do think Panik's been starting to show some flashes of potential again. But these two are definitely the TB enigmas right now, so I don't see any harm in swapping them when the timing's right to see if we can finally get one of them jump-started in the NHL.
The only problem with bringing him up is that he wouldn't get the top 6 minutes he needs. Panik is playing a bottom 6 role so to put Connolly there would be unbeneficial. Let him continue to tear up the A and carry Syracuse into the playoffs. I'd like to see Panik get more playing time to get his offense rolling but I don't know what a demotion would do to his confidence.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
DFC

Quote:
The only problem with bringing him up is that he wouldn't get the top 6 minutes he needs. Panik is playing a bottom 6 role so to put Connolly there would be unbeneficial. Let him continue to tear up the A and carry Syracuse into the playoffs. I'd like to see Panik get more playing time to get his offense rolling but I don't know what a demotion would do to his confidence.
I don't disagree. I think it's situational, as in, if Brown winds up out for longer than we think or whatnot, which would open up a spot to give Connolly another trial run. I also don't think it would hurt Brown to give him 4th line minutes, since I think that was the plan before he started outplaying Panik.

Panik and Connolly are each pretty enigmatic though. Panik's at the point where I'm indifferent on whether he's sent down or not, and I'm sort of indifferent on whether Connolly gets called up. But it at least appears the option is there again.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
sinbin

Quote:
If Panik comes down he will get 15 minutes of quality playing time including,
powerplay and shorthanded. Right now I don't see another forward coming down unless Vladdy gets a look. Brown-Vladdy-Kucherov are the real deal and future second line of the Bolts.

Old
01-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Werewolf

I don't think Connolly is enigmatic at all - they have to play him right. Connolly is a scorer...they tried him at Center? when he came up. Right now he is playing with Namestnikov and Desalvotore. Meaning he is the scorer/sniper of his line and he excels in that role. At the beggning in Cuse...they had him playing with Namestnikov and Kucherov and they asked Connolly to go in the dirty areas of the ice while Kuch was the sniper - and that failed miserably for Connolly. They now let DiSalvatore go into the dirty areas, Namestnikov does the playmaking, and Connolly is the sniper. When used in this role - Connolly excels. When we ask him to be out of his comfort zone, he struggles.

For me...Connolly would be great with Palat & TJ. Get Palat in the dirty areas and just have Connolly be the sniper...I'm leaning towards Connolly, Johnson, Palat third line of the future...

Old
01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
#‎SyrCrunch‬ Head Coach Rob Zettler and forward Brett Connolly named to AHL All-Star team

http://syracusecrunch.com/news/2014/...109145808.aspx

Really dont get why namestnikov is not on the team.

Old
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Werewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
#‎SyrCrunch‬ Head Coach Rob Zettler and forward Brett Connolly named to AHL All-Star team

http://syracusecrunch.com/news/2014/...109145808.aspx

Really dont get why namestnikov is not on the team.
Me too - Namestnikov is a beast and should have definitely made the All-Star roster. Maybe his injury had something to do with it...however, his point total (25 pts in 20 games) puts him among the leaders in pts p/game down at the AHL.

I get to watch every Crunch game...Nametnikov is definitely a monster of a Center with a really high ceiling.

Old
01-10-2014, 08:15 PM
ultra63

Blades Add Three-Time Stanley Cup Winner Rafalski

?"Brian Rafalski to attempt comeback"
"After serving for two years as team chaplain for the ECHL's Florida Everblades, veteran defenseman Brian Rafalski will attempt a comeback with the team beginning Friday night with an eye on a possible return to the NHL."

any chance???

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10...ida-everblades

Old
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Know Fear

vCash: 1926
Kristers G with the Shutout tonight VS Providance. Yet Crunch lose 1-0 in the Shootout.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:14 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

https://twitter.com/SpitsHockey
Quote:
With the trade deadline come & gone, time to move things along. Congrats Slater Koekkoek, named our new captain at a team meeting tonight.

Old
01-10-2014, 11:25 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
That's great news! I read on BoltProspects new mailbag segment that Koekkoek is considered one of, if not the, best defenseman in the OHL.

Quote:
It’s time to get excited about Slater Koekkoek. I’ll wait. Excellent. Now that we’re all on the same page, I honestly think he’s got a very good chance. All reports from credible sources in Ontario say he’s among the best – if not the best – defenseman in the OHL. His weaknesses coming into the year were fitting into a system properly, discipline, and own-zone play. By all accounts, he’s blown expectations out of the water. -BoltProspects.com
I am so excited to see this kid in Tampa as early as next year. His physical tools certainly won't be holding him back, it'll all be about how quickly he can adjust mentally to the NHL.

Old
01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Alivesi

vCash: 133
Back to Back Shut outs for Gudlevski

Old
01-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post