HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season 2013 - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 05:35 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I would take Stone + 3rd for Connolly out behind the bleachers and get it pregnant. Then again, I ****ing love Stone's game, while I'm not crazy about Connolly's.
Stone's physical game also started to come along last season. If he can consistently use his size, we would have a great right shot, top 4 dman on our hands (if we trade for him). He's capable of playing a top 4 role and just needs more exposure there. I feel as though he's the odd man out on d considering the Yotes have OEL, Yandle, Michalek and Gormley all in the top 4 for the future, along with Rundblad coming up through the system and Schlemko on the third pair.

Would be a trade that makes sense for both sides.

Old
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
Stone's physical game also started to come along last season. If he can consistently use his size, we would have a great right shot, top 4 dman on our hands (if we trade for him). He's capable of playing a top 4 role and just needs more exposure there. I feel as though he's the odd man out on d considering the Yotes have OEL, Yandle, Michalek and Gormley all in the top 4 for the future, along with Rundblad coming up through the system and Schlemko on the third pair.

Would be a trade that makes sense for both sides.
It would suck to lose Stone this early after him exceeding his projected development curve. But I'm sure Bolts fans feel the same about Connolly. Which is probably a sign that Stone for Connolly is fair. :-)

Old
07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
It would suck to lose Stone this early after exceeding his projected development curve. But I'm sure Bolts fans feel the same about Connolly. Which is probably a sign that Stone for Connolly is fair. :-)
Definitely. If we did not have Drouin and Kucherov both in the system right now, trading Connolly wouldn't even be a discussion right now. The reality is that we're too loaded on the wings and have an immediate need for a right-handed, top 4 defenseman.

It's just a matter of time before this deal goes through. I'm convinced Tampa management reads HFboards.

Old
07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

It's just a matter of time before this deal goes through. I'm convinced Tampa management reads HFboards.
I won't go that far, but it'd be kinda neat if that actually happened. Though I'm sure they're more likely to get heartburn reading some of the craziness that goes on HFBoards in general daily. :-)

Old
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
I remember rt a Phoenix fan proposed Vrbata for Hale and Fedoruk several years back and a week or so later the deal was made. Here's hoping for a repeat.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killorn View Post
I remember rt a Phoenix fan proposed Vrbata for Hale and Fedoruk several years back and a week or so later the deal was made. Here's hoping for a repeat.
Wait, for realsies? rt proposed/predicted that?

EDIT: just looked it up. HAHAHA! That's so crazy!

Old
07-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

RT has always been pretty on point.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Of course I believe I was the first to float the idea of Stone for Connolly a month or so ago, and I'm not rt, so that could very well sink this proposal's actual chances, haha.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:51 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Of course I believe I was the first to float the idea of Stone for Connolly a month or so ago, and I'm not rt, so that could very well sink this proposal's actual chances, haha.
get RT to start floating this idea around then. By the way it was Stone + a mid round pick for Connolly .

Old
07-01-2013, 07:51 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

If we can add a big, physical top 4 dman like Stone, I think we'd more or less have the right pieces for Cooper's team toughness mentality to resonate throughout the roster. Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Crombeen, Malone (if healthy and consistent) and Stone would be a great start. Even Thompson, Panik and Palat throw a good amount of checks to add to the physicality quotient.

Ideally, we'd also add a big, tough center capable of playing a top 6 role, but I doubt any are available and the cost of acquiring such a player would be fairly exorbitant.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
get RT to start floating this idea around then. By the way it was Stone + a mid round pick for Connolly .
I know, I remember what I offered on the Yotes boards :-)

Old
07-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Glide5
HFB Partner

Quote:
If we can add a big, physical top 4 dman like Stone, I think we'd more or less have the right pieces for Cooper's team toughness mentality to resonate throughout the roster. Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Crombeen, Malone (if healthy and consistent) and Stone would be a great start. Even Thompson, Panik and Palat throw a good amount of checks to add to the physicality quotient.

Ideally, we'd also add a big, tough center capable of playing a top 6 role, but I doubt any are available and the cost of acquiring such a player would be fairly exorbitant.
In all reality, that looks like a line-up that could hang with the physicality of our new conference. Hell, even Stamkos is a much tougher man than he once was. With everyone being bought out, I wonder if it makes more sense to try and grab a #2-3 center or if we will try and trade for one...

but I think a pheonix deal is going to happen. Just a matter of time and how much. I was hoping we would still have Pouliot's contract to throw in just to sweeten the deal. Connoly + Pouliot's rights could go a long way towards getting a move for an offensively starved team.

Old
07-01-2013, 08:06 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
In all reality, that looks like a line-up that could hang with the physicality of our new conference. Hell, even Stamkos is a much tougher man than he once was. With everyone being bought out, I wonder if it makes more sense to try and grab a #2-3 center or if we will try and trade for one...

but I think a pheonix deal is going to happen. Just a matter of time and how much. I was hoping we would still have Pouliot's contract to throw in just to sweeten the deal. Connoly + Pouliot's rights could go a long way towards getting a move for an offensively starved team.
Killorn-Stamkos-St.Louis
Drouin-???-Purcell
Malone-T.Johnson-Panik/Palat
Labrie-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Stone
Aulie-Gudas

Bishop
Lindback

The only thing we'd be lacking is a physical/toughness catalyst in the top 6 imo. Killorn can bring some physicality and size on the first line, and as you said, Stamkos was even hitting more last season. Drouin's not afraid to throw his weight around, but it'd be great to have a center that could open up room for both Drouin and Teddy and make the 2nd line tougher to play against (if you catch my drift).

Old
07-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Glide5
HFB Partner

Quote:
The only thing we'd be lacking is a physical/toughness catalyst in the top 6 imo. Killorn can bring some physicality and size on the first line, and as you said, Stamkos was even hitting more last season. Drouin's not afraid to throw his weight around, but it'd be great to have a center that could open up room for both Drouin and Teddy and make the 2nd line tougher to play against (if you catch my drift).
Haha ya, Purcell is far from a physical player, and the last thing I want is Drouin to get hurt early in his career trying to be a tough guy.

Old
07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Would Antropov be worth signing to a 2-3 year deal?

He certainly has the size, two-way ability and physical tools to be our 2C, it's just a shame he's awful on face-offs. However, he does know how to use his size effectively to control the puck down low and his skating ability is decent considering how big he is. The biggest knock on him has always been consistency, injuries and compete level.

He's also gotten more physical as the years have gone on and wouldn't cost us any assets.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Glide5
HFB Partner

Quote:
Would Antropov be worth signing to a 2-3 year deal?

He certainly has the size, two-way ability and physical tools to be our 2C, it's just a shame he's awful on face-offs. However, he does know how to use his size effectively to control the puck down low and his skating ability is decent considering how big he is. The biggest knock on him has always been consistency, injuries and compete level.

He's also gotten more physical as the years have gone on and wouldn't cost us any assets.
That deffinently wouldnt be a bad option for us. Ive always liked Antropov for some reason... I really dont know why haha. I just have no idea how much a guy like him would cost. If no ones really bidding him up too much, it might be worth it.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:11 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 50
List of all UFA centers: http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...C&fa_type_id=2

Other than Lapierre for a little more grit and nastiness between our 3rd and 4th line there's not a lot going on...

What's the consensus on Ribeiro?

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 07-02-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old
07-02-2013, 03:17 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 50
As for Malone:

Quote:
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Word is they would like to move him, modified NTC kicked in today RT @TBL4theCup: Any rumblings on the Malone trade front?
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO/st...83317839945729

Old
07-02-2013, 05:20 AM
2015cupwinners

Horton or Clarkson would be good gritty pickups, but the speculation is they are looking for 5-6m. Too much I think. Latendresse maybe, but he has injury problems just as bad as Malone's.

We could forget about grit and pickup Jagr and out skill everyone. I've always wanted him on the team to teach the kids all his tricks. \dream

Old
07-02-2013, 08:54 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
List of all UFA centers: http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...C&fa_type_id=2

Other than Lapierre for a little more grit and nastiness between our 3rd and 4th line there's not a lot going on...

What's the consensus on Ribeiro?
What about Chipchura as a 3rd/4th line center? He's got some size and grittiness to his game as well. He's willing to drop the gloves too and is not as much of a pest that attracts unwanted attention like Lapierre.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:08 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...1&c=y#continue

Quote:
It’s clear Fletcher still is working the trade market. It wouldn’t be shocking if Devin Setoguchi, who is entering the last year of his contract, became expendable by Niederreiter’s acquisition. He has a $3 million cap hit. Could there be some way to trade Dany Heatley and his $7.5 million cap hit this summer? Seems doubtful, but his real money is $5 million. The Wild also still is trying to trade fourth-line center Zenon Konopka ($925,000).
Any interest in Konopka for the fourth line center role?

Old
07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:

You need to go deeper.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
I am surprised B Pouliot wasn't qualified. I think he is a decent depth player.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

I don't understand the rush to trade Connolly, it's not like he has a huge cap hit on a one-way contract that we need to dispose. Right now his value isn't as high as it could be, and his development has run smoothly thus far. Let him compete with our other wing prospects, and then trade him. We're not even close to competing right now, so there's no need to be trading our prospects. Kadri was a trade chip last year, and he proved to be much more valuable than he was at training camp. Connolly is young and still has a high ceiling, let's be patient with him.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:00 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
I don't understand the rush to trade Connolly, it's not like he has a huge cap hit on a one-way contract that we need to dispose. Right now his value isn't as high as it could be, and his development has run smoothly thus far. Let him compete with our other wing prospects, and then trade him. We're not even close to competing right now, so there's no need to be trading our prospects. Kadri was a trade chip last year, and he proved to be much more valuable than he was at training camp. Connolly is young and still has a high ceiling, let's be patient with him.
I agree with you since Connolly's value isn't as high as it could be right now. However, I don't realistically see any other way we can trade for a top 4 dman unless we give up a young roster player in Killorn, Palat or Panik, which should not be happening.

Closed Thread