HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

vCash: 500
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED
Looking at the #CFL transaction wire. Appears the #Eskimos have placed SB Adarius Bowman on the 9-game injured list. Wait continues.

Now I see the #Eskimos might have added Adarius Bowman from the injured list. We'll get the story straight later on today

Last edited by Powder: 06-24-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old
06-24-2013, 03:11 AM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Looking at the #CFL transaction wire. Appears the #Eskimos have placed SB Adarius Bowman on the 9-game injured list. Wait continues.

Now I see the #Eskimos might have added Adarius Bowman from the injured list. We'll get the story straight later on today
That is pretty crazy, he's been out a whole year already, does he need another 10-11 weeks?

Old
06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
That is pretty crazy, he's been out a whole year already, does he need another 10-11 weeks?
the esks probably borrowed the Oilers trainers, so that's why he may be out even longer.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Gord
Tesla

hey esks fans.
how does it make you feel that Joe burnett may again be the esks return man.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/06/2...monton-eskimos

Yes, that Joe Burnett.

The same one who last year was plastered all over national television getting a verbal undressing from head coach Kavis Reed on the sidelines for taking a ball out of the end zone that should have been knelt, only to do it again the following game.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
hey esks fans.
how does it make you feel that Joe burnett may again be the esks return man.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/06/2...monton-eskimos

Yes, that Joe Burnett.

The same one who last year was plastered all over national television getting a verbal undressing from head coach Kavis Reed on the sidelines for taking a ball out of the end zone that should have been knelt, only to do it again the following game.
Yes, obviously horrible coaching by the Eskimos re burnett. It's an utter failure that we have one of our best DB's returngng kicks again. He'll get drilled and be out for a while and then people will call it 'bad luck.'

Old
06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Not one mention that the most highly touted prospect of camp that had full page spreads in the journal and who was being compared to Gizmo and who was unceremoniously cut after injury has been picked up by the ticats.

I'm unclear on this but why cut an injured player? What benefit is there in doing this?

Old
06-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Ser Woof
0b11111011000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not one mention that the most highly touted prospect of camp that had full page spreads in the journal and who was being compared to Gizmo and who was unceremoniously cut after injury has been picked up by the ticats.

I'm unclear on this but why cut an injured player? What benefit is there in doing this?
I had heard that his injury was potentially career threatening... has it come out what exactly his injury was?

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see more or Moore as well.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
I had heard that his injury was potentially career threatening... has it come out what exactly his injury was?

It was a knee injury. ACL afairc

Old
06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Yes, obviously horrible coaching by the Eskimos re burnett. It's an utter failure that we have one of our best DB's returngng kicks again. He'll get drilled and be out for a while and then people will call it 'bad luck.'
Horrible coaching? Did anyone step up and win the job? Hes not the first starting DB to return kicks.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:21 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:

$$ after all the money tillman wasted by IRing players last year we seem to be avoiding it this year. What do u see the benefit of keeping a guy who has never played a down of regular season CFL football?

Old
06-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post

so career threatening that the cats picked him up and put him on the 1 game list.
can't be that hurt.

the esks tried to be cute with their player shuffling and the ticats caught them on it.
leaving the esks with nothing for return men.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
Horrible coaching? Did anyone step up and win the job? Hes not the first starting DB to return kicks.
but he's not good at it, for starters.

and like beerfish said, the esks would also have to risk him getting hurt, too.

not to mention playing two positions can tire a guy out making him less effective at the position he is actually good at.

horrible asset management by the esks in regards to their return game.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Kyle McMahon

Absolutely stupid to have a DB returning kicks straight out of camp. No excuse in the world that they couldn't find a guy who can return a football in the entire offseason. Further, why wouldn't you have a depth receiver returning them instead? Less of a blow in the event of an injury.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:46 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
so career threatening that the cats picked him up and put him on the 1 game list.
can't be that hurt.

the esks tried to be cute with their player shuffling and the ticats caught them on it.
leaving the esks with nothing for return men.
That has Tillman's fingerprints all over it.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
That has Tillman's fingerprints all over it.
fair enough, but I don't think it looks good on the esks that they have to have the same crappy return man to start the year as they did last year.
especially as the one player they hyped to the nth degree just gets released so another team could pick him up.
good for tillman if he picked up on the esks not taking care of business.
I don't like tillman, but I'm ticked at the stupid esks management we still have.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:11 AM
BleedingOil

this team hasnt executed a blocking scheme in years. hard to judge almost any return guys

Old
06-26-2013, 06:11 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by @cfl_esks
Breaking News: #Esks release RB Tracy Lampley
https://twitter.com/cfl_esks/status/350012499740991488

Replacement should be happy.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Sure, but what took so long?

Some flunky behind a keyboard on the internet watches this guy and immediately detects in one game that this player is bringing no game. It takes the professional club, all their staff, two more weeks to come to the identical conclusion that this is an easy cut.
In the meantime they flat out wasted two exhibition games where this tool was the feature back and feature return guy.

Anybody else detect stupidity in this? They could have used the time constructively to get somebody else inserted.

I am curious what took so long and why at this exact moment they cut Lampley.

lol if its because they are NOW bringing in another returner raw after losing Moore and wasting time with Lampley.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:45 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 65
As a former resident of Winnipeg I am very interested to see their new stadium on TV tomorrow. I have only seen photos so far but it looks a an absolute gem. I am hearing that it has a very intimate feel to it for a Stadium of approx 34,000 which is a perfect size for the CFL.

It looks like it will deliver the premier CFL experience out of all the existing stadiums in the League.

Good for the CFL and very good for Winnipeg.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:04 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
As a former resident of Winnipeg I am very interested to see their new stadium on TV tomorrow. I have only seen photos so far but it looks a an absolute gem. I am hearing that it has a very intimate feel to it for a Stadium of approx 34,000 which is a perfect size for the CFL.

It looks like it will deliver the premier CFL experience out of all the existing stadiums in the League.

Good for the CFL and very good for Winnipeg.
Looks like a nice facility and intimate as you say because all seats are closer to the action.

http://bluebombers.io-media.com/

I'm not very familiar with the facility though and what kind of amenities it has. With the additions on either end Commonwealth has excellent concessions options and vast concourse space to gather. Quite enjoyable, but the running track around the field distancing the fans.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:43 AM
aleshemsky83

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcVn...yprQgOvNAxz-Xw

Posted in the football forum, Troy Westwood talking about the stadium at 8:50

Old
06-27-2013, 10:48 AM
CapsandOilers

Just saw that the Riders Eskimos game will be on ESPN 2 here in the US!! I started watching The CFL around the time the NFL was locked out.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
Horrible coaching as in Burnett had no idea what to do the 1st time he ran the kick out. A week later he did the same thing. a week later he conceded a point he should have run out. Horrible coaching .

Old
06-27-2013, 12:40 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 65
Quote:
Looks like a nice facility and intimate as you say because all seats are closer to the action.

http://bluebombers.io-media.com/

I'm not very familiar with the facility though and what kind of amenities it has. With the additions on either end Commonwealth has excellent concessions options and vast concourse space to gather. Quite enjoyable, but the running track around the field distancing the fans.
I am being told that the amenities at Investor Group Stadium are excellent. The press box (as aleshemsky83 pointed out) is another story which looks like it will need to be fixed if they want to host a Grey cup.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/05/3...t-grey-cup-bid

The amenities are indeed nice at Commonwealth but they are a very small part of the overall game experience for me. I spend maybe 15-20 minutes out of my seat. Its the sight lines and intimacy that makes the game for me and the distance from the field makes the Commonwealth experience lacking IMO.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:22 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Horrible coaching as in Burnett had no idea what to do the 1st time he ran the kick out. A week later he did the same thing. a week later he conceded a point he should have run out. Horrible coaching .
You really think Burnett didn't know the rule? He was trying to be a hero

Closed Thread