Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 500
He's not a two-way forward. But yeah, 50-ish points is probably his range in a full, healthy year. And, he'll probably be in the top 6 next season.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:36 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I believe Palmieri will develop into a consistent 60 point per season player. Besides Ryan and Perry he should be the first player to be considered in a top6 winger role.

This season he got 21 points in 42 games (0.5 PPG pace), and it should also be taken into consideration he played with lesser skilled players on the 4th line most of the time and didn't figure on the PP a whole lot. TOI/G at only 12:19 even strength.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Selanne138

I wouldnt move Gibson either at this point. He could really be a franchise goalie. I feel we would have the pieces to make a run at Letang if we wanted to, Ryan could be an appealing centerpiece, it would just come down to what we would need to add. Im not sure what we would center a deal around if Ryan wasnt included.

The issue would come down to having 23-24 million tied up in 3 players, with our young guys coming up for raises in the next couple of seasons, plus still having holes to fill on the roster. With Ryan gone we would only have the twins, plus just a collection of our young guys for Top 6 roles. Wed need to add one proven guy IMO which wouldn't be cheap per say . If we can get guys like Bonino, Palmieri, Etem, etc signed to team friendly deals for a longer term than I think we could make Letang work and have a window of working under the cap, depending on how much/if it goes up.

Certainly an interesting option and Im sure Murray would be interested if the situation arises. From past Shero moves, the draft this season would be the time he would move Letang if he doesnt think he can get him to resign.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Paul4587

Fasth is going to the Swedish Olympic camp. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it as a backup to Lundqvist.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Value of: Sheldon Souray

Arguably the fifth best dman in the NHL this past season, and signed to a cap-friendly deal with two years remaining at $3.6M. How many first round picks would your team give up for this top-pairing dman?

Worth a try right?
God would I love to move him...3.6 for another 2 years of that dude...ugh. I hated that signing the moment I heard of it. Please anyone just take him.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
God would I love to move him...3.6 for another 2 years of that dude...ugh. I hated that signing the moment I heard of it. Please anyone just take him.
I don't see it. Surprisingly, he has been quite decent for his cap hit for us this for the season as a whole. I don't really see a reason why he wouldn't be able to be at least a similar factor next year. It's unfortunate he wasn't at his best at the perfect time, but he provided what he was brought in to do and certainly played a part in the team's expectation-shattering regular season. I think it's a bit of "complaining at a high comfort-level" when he's the type of guy people are just "desperate" to get rid of.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don't see it. Surprisingly, he has been quite decent for his cap hit for us this for the season as a whole. I don't really see a reason why he wouldn't be able to be at least a similar factor next year. It's unfortunate he wasn't at his best at the perfect time, but he provided what he was brought in to do and certainly played a part in the team's expectation-shattering regular season. I think it's a bit of "complaining at a high comfort-level" when he's the type of guy people are just "desperate" to get rid of.
The problem I see is that both Allen and Souray have shown they can be more than competent defenseman, but neither are more than third pairing guys right now. Im fine with one of them on our third pair, but we cant put both there because of lack of footspeed. Souray played well beyond his caphit for most of the season, but just like Dallas fans said, he fell apart as the season went on.

I think in more sheltered minutes hed be fine again, but I dont see him and Allen coexisting on the roster.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Ducks Ahoy
PP success loading..

We just need a good, young forward and a solid defensive Dman. Obviously easier said than done. Do we know for sure of any teams that the Ducks have been talking to? Do we know of any FA's that want to come here?

Old
06-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldMustaine22 View Post
We just need a good, young forward and a solid defensive Dman. Obviously easier said than done. Do we know for sure of any teams that the Ducks have been talking to? Do we know of any FA's that want to come here?
No, we certainly don't know anything like that, and likely never will before something happens. Even the rumor mill won't be on until a few days before the draft, and even then... it will just be the rumor mill. No choice but to wait until something actually happens.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetfieldMustaine22 View Post
I read fourthperiod. http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rumors.html

They have been trustable in the past.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Old Man Barking

Am I the only one that would like to see Dvorak back for league minimum? I was really happy with him when he played on our 4th line.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
rollingdux

and put Dvorak in the lineup against all his former teams.....

Old
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Theridion

The more i contemplate the ducks... the more i just want a star defenseman.

I want chara... or as close as we can get to his calliber of dman.

I know theres few people like a keith or chara etc...

But if you gave me the ducks and said where do you aim, thats where i aim.

The 2nd line center? It wouldnt matter as much at that point. Id be happy with start8ng the season with koivu or bonino or holland or whoever you can tryout there.

Getting a top tier dman moves everyone down a slot.

Heck use both buyouts on sourray and allen at that point. Trade em for 7th rounders if we need the cap room.

On a side note. I like sourray. Dislike allen. And on the 2nd pair or 3rd pair, bringing in a star dman, i love sourray on the 3rd pair

Old
06-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
The more i contemplate the ducks... the more i just want a star defenseman.

I want chara... or as close as we can get to his calliber of dman.

I know theres few people like a keith or chara etc...
Problem is, those who are in the league are not available. You have to develop one. Or take a chance at a struggling prospect like Hedman or Myers.

Other alternative: Trade for the 1st overall this year and draft Jones.

Neither scenario is likely to happen.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:07 PM
jeffl97

Based off of a few Blues threads I've read it seems our guys (Ducks fans) have interest in Roman Polak as a good defensive D to place with Fowler. I don't have a lot of knowledge on him so I don't know about his value. But based off the Chris Stewart thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1448479 One Blues fan would do Chris Stewart + Roman Polak for Bobby Ryan. Another one was hesitant because they would need someone to replace Polak's spot. But it seems like a good starting point. Would something like Ryan+Allen for Stewart+Polak make sense? Just throwing an idea out there.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
Based off of a few Blues threads I've read it seems our guys (Ducks fans) have interest in Roman Polak as a good defensive D to place with Fowler. I don't have a lot of knowledge on him so I don't know about his value. But based off the Chris Stewart thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1448479 One Blues fan would do Chris Stewart + Roman Polak for Bobby Ryan. Another one was hesitant because they would need someone to replace Polak's spot. But it seems like a good starting point. Would something like Ryan+Allen for Stewart+Polak make sense? Just throwing an idea out there.
How's Polak's skating? If he can move his feet better than youd expect from a shutdown guy Id look into that. Fowler, IMO, needs a partner that is defensively responsible and isnt slow as molasses to be utilized at his fullest potential. Plus Stewart could slot in with Getz/Perry potentially. Had a nice bounceback year last year, big frame and plays physical.

Beauchemin-Lydman
Fowler-Polak
Souray/Sbisa/Vatanen

With Lindholm, Lovejoy, Clark as the next options.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Stewart? No thanks.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Stewart is basically Bobby Ryan. Maybe even more inconsistent.

edit: To expand, Stewart is Ryan, but one half line lower in caliber. Less upside and skill. I guess he's good in that he fills the roster spot without being too much of a step down. I'd have to like the other piece, though.

Last edited by snarktacular: 06-17-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old
06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
jeffl97

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Stewart is basically Bobby Ryan. Maybe even more inconsistent.
Which is kinda the point. You trade Ryan, get a cheaper Ryan, and upgrade on defense.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I personally have for now given up on guessing which guys match up well together as a pairing. Chemistry is impossible to project, and it seldomly follows rational logic. Like when Fowler and Jack Johnson ended up being paired for the US at the World Cup last year, when everybody expected that to be a trainwreck defensively, and they were great in all areas. It just tends to defy logic. So, yeah, while a decently skating defensive defender would logically make sense for Fowler as a partner, it's really just a guess until they hit the ice. My guess is that it often is less about the individual traits matching up, but all the more about two hockey brains just being in synch, even when the players as the sum of their abilities/deficiencies aren't supposed to work well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
Which is kinda the point. You trade Ryan, get a cheaper Ryan, and upgrade on defense.
Well, if he was only a cheaper Ryan, the Blues wouldn't be the ones adding... He's certainly a less talented one, and - as snark said - even more maddeningly inconsistent. That said, I could see him being a far better compliment to Getzlaf/Perry, if he can play on that side. Well, even if he really can't, I could see his type of game being a better match with them.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Apparently, we have (yet again) signed Kyle Cumiskey.

Swedish Link.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
The problem I see is that both Allen and Souray have shown they can be more than competent defenseman, but neither are more than third pairing guys right now. Im fine with one of them on our third pair, but we cant put both there because of lack of footspeed. Souray played well beyond his caphit for most of the season, but just like Dallas fans said, he fell apart as the season went on.

I think in more sheltered minutes hed be fine again, but I dont see him and Allen coexisting on the roster.
This...

If one of them stays fine, but can't have both Allen and Souray on roster. Having both kills opportunity to add another top 4.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Eddie Shack

Rumor has it Clutterbuck may be available. With Backstrom a ufa and Harding's health a question mark would anybody be interested in offering Hiller for Cal?

Old
06-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Theridion

In an ideal world. I ideally offer up:

DSP, 1st, fasth, allen.

Those feel like our dispensible pieces. I have hope for ryan. And i have hope for perry too.

Who has a high priced dman they want to deal because they need a little rebuilding, but want to remain competetive? Can we figure some of those assets into a deal?

Old
06-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Rumor has it Clutterbuck may be available. With Backstrom a ufa and Harding's health a question mark would anybody be interested in offering Hiller for Cal?
Fasth makes more sense. At least from a Minnesota perspective. I imagine Backstrom would sign back with Minny for around 5 mil. Getting a potential #1 for under 3 million(especially with Minnesota's cap issues) seems to be a better fit. IMO

Closed Thread