Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 10:14 PM
2faded

vCash: 500
If Seguin is available that should be Murrays #1 priority. I could see a Ryan-Seguin swap happening. If he's not available, Lecavalier should be the #2 priority. Our top 6 would be stacked, and even if we move Ryan for D I could see Holland, Palms, and Etem as top 6 wingers working out.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:18 PM
rollingdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I'm too tired to read a 30 page thread. Can somebody give me the Cliffs Notes on why Tyler Seguin may be on the block? He seems to put up decent numbers, gets along with everybody, already is extended, and is young enough to likely get better. Why are the B's possibly shopping him? If somehow it's for financial reasons then I can't see them wanting Ryan, period.
There's a few. Some say cap issues, some say his off ice activities and maturity level are the problem, others say that he doesn't fit in the BOS system and may not reach his full potential there.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:18 PM
2faded

Also, I wouldn't count us out on Lecavalier. He liked Tampa, he might to come to another sunny place, who knows. Maybe we have to overpay by a few hundred K, would that stop you from signing him? I think it would be a good move.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Also, I wouldn't count us out on Lecavalier. He liked Tampa, he might to come to another sunny place, who knows. Maybe we have to overpay by a few hundred K, would that stop you from signing him? I think it would be a good move.
I'm not convinced we're quite out, either. He did meet with the team, and unless he wants to be the first line guy, we're as good of a fit as any. Not many other teams could offer the chance to play on a line with a guy like Bobby Ryan, and Anaheim seems like it'd be similar to Tampa in a lot of ways.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdux View Post
There's a few. Some say cap issues, some say his off ice activities and maturity level are the problem, others say that he doesn't fit in the BOS system and may not reach his full potential there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
From what I gather, part of it's because he was a disappointment in the playoffs, and part because he's simply not a great fit in Boston. A lot has been mentioned that they see him as a winger in Boston, but perhaps that's because he simply doesn't have certain abilities that they covet in a centerman. All their centers are good defensively and pretty good in the dot, and Seguin's so-so at best defensively and not so great in the dot.

To me, those are two awesome reasons for a guy of that calibre being available, and we should be pouncing. I think they'll keep him in the end, but if they don't, I really think they'll regret it.
Thanks to both of you.

Seems a bit odd to be giving up on a kid that young who has actually produced already. I don't see Bobby being a good fit here so I'd definitely consider a swap but I'm obviously not sure just what BOS is looking for. As I said earlier, if they are trying to save money then Ryan is a no go from the start.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Exit Dose

Didn't Stephens say that we're probably out?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
2faded

Isnt Burke still with the Ducks? He seems to have no problem making trades and signing players. Get his ass in the meetings.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Didn't Stephens say that we're probably out?
I think he's a great beat writer, but I don't take him too seriously when it comes to rumors and speculation. I think we're too tight lipped of an organization and he's too laid back of a journalist(not a bad thing), so in the end we don't see much there.

He's also probably right that Vinny likely ends up elsewhere, the odds aren't in our favor. But I definitely think we have a decent chance, or hope, anyway.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Exit Dose

How is that rumor or speculation?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Exit Dose

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 2h
Quiet on potential trade front for Ducks. May look to move up a few slots but also feel deep draft gives them a quality player at 26.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:38 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Stephens happens to be 30 minutes late to every transaction the Ducks complete. I really wouldn't take his word on anything, no offense to him.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
How is that rumor or speculation?
How isn't it?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
How isn't it?
Ducks one of many, many teams w/interest in Vinny Lecavalier but likely he's going elsewhere. @TSNRyanRishaug reports they are talking.

Was told that by a source. RT @Nephilim966 Is that your feeling?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
A lot of the stuff he tweets seems to come/be true.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
A lot of the stuff he tweets seems to come/be true.
Yeah, other than the Sarault thing, I can't really figure out why he's suddenly unreliable.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Ducks one of many, many teams w/interest in Vinny Lecavalier but likely he's going elsewhere. @TSNRyanRishaug reports they are talking.

Was told that by a source. RT @Nephilim966 Is that your feeling?
Well those tweets, by definition, are rumors and speculation.

Quote:
Yeah, other than the Sarault thing, I can't really figure out why he's suddenly unreliable.
Definitely not unreliable, but rather conservative. You don't exactly see him break any stories on the NHL level, mainly stuff about prospects, if that. My theory is that the team feeds him some info and that's about it as far as insider stuff goes.

That doesn't mean I think we're the frontrunners for Vinny or anything, but I don't write us off because he made a pretty conservative statement about it. That's all.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Well those tweets, by definition, are rumors and speculation.
He said it wasn't speculation, and unless you doubt that he has sources within the organization it's not necessarily a rumor. But I'm sure that you'd be telling us this if Stephens had tweeted 'source tells me we have a good chance to sign Lecavalier'.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
rollingdux

There's two possibilities.

1. Ducks are probably not going to be making an impact trade like Stephens tweeted. Perhaps looking at UFAs.

2. Ducks have been tight lipped all season regarding trades/signing so don't see why they would change that now.

For me it seems a little too quiet. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad.

Calm before the storm?

Old
06-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

1. Ducks are probably not going to be making an impact trade like Stephens tweeted. Perhaps looking at UFAs.

2. Ducks have been tight lipped all season regarding trades/signing so don't see why they would change that now.
The thing is, Stephens doesn't really weigh in on trades and signings unless he has been told something. We don't have that sort of rumor monger attached to us, unless there's someone over at AC that I don't know about.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
rollingdux

Quote:
The thing is, Stephens doesn't really weigh in on trades and signings unless he has been told something. We don't have that sort of rumor monger attached to us, unless there's someone over at AC that I don't know about.
Plus the teams that bobby has been linked to in the past (Vancouver, Philly, Pits, Ott, Bos) have people that do.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
He said it wasn't speculation, and unless you doubt that he has sources within the organization it's not necessarily a rumor. But I'm sure that you'd be telling us this if Stephens had tweeted 'source tells me we have a good chance to sign Lecavalier'.
Um, no, it's definitely still a rumor. It's certainly not "fact". Anything you hear from a source is most certainly a rumor. I thought that was common knowledge. And had he tweeted that, I would've been surprised, because it rarely happens with him, and I'd take it with a grain of salt, as he doesn't seem to have strong sources.

As far as I can see, he met with/is meeting with 8 teams, and some of them(Philly, Calgary) have no business signing him. I still agree he likely goes elsewhere, we're not strongly linked(yet) and there's a much greater chance he signs with one of the other however many teams than us.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Um, no, it's definitely still a rumor. It's certainly not "fact". Anything you hear from a source is most certainly a rumor. I thought that was common knowledge. And had he tweeted that, I would've been surprised, because it rarely happens with him, and I'd take it with a grain of salt, as he doesn't seem to have strong sources.

As far as I can see, he met with/is meeting with 8 teams, and some of them(Philly, Calgary) have no business signing him. I still agree he likely goes elsewhere, we're not strongly linked(yet) and there's a much greater chance he signs with one of the other however many teams than us.
Yes, Woodward and Bernstein were quite the yellow, rumor mongers of their time.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Stephens has told me that he doesn't like to say anything unless its well sourced, he rarely speculates. While that means he rarely scoops anything, it also means what he says is usually pretty reliable and actually from someone in the organization.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:

For me it seems a little too quiet. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad.

Calm before the storm?
Not saying the former is false, but I'd lean towards the latter. If there's something brewing, I don't think he'd really know that much about it, unless the team wanted him to.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Paul4587

The Ducks have been incredibly tight lipped since the Ryan drama last off season. The only guys linking us to anything are hacks like that Philly beat writer and Garrioch who are both clueless morons.

The only legit info we have is that LeBrun said we're listening on offers for Hiller but that doesn't mean much and nothing else has been said about it.

Closed Thread