Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yes, Woodward and Bernstein were quite the yellow, rumor mongers of their time.
Yeah, that's an apt comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Stephens has told me that he doesn't like to say anything unless its well sourced, he rarely speculates. While that means he rarely scoops anything, it also means what he says is usually pretty reliable and actually from someone in the organization.
I fully believe that. I think he's an unreal beat writer, but yes, his conservative nature means we don't get too much insight.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Yeah, that's an apt comparison.
This is how journalism works, whether you're a sports writer or you are handling politics. Not everyone that has information wants to go on the record, in most cases it's because they may lose their job. So, you describe that person as a source. What you don't do is stand by a story because it's a rumor. Rumors are things that the person has only heard, but can't actually substantiate. Woodward and Bernstein operated with several unnamed sources, it didn't suddenly place what they were reporting under the heading of rumor. Now, it's possible that you have a source that relays a rumor to you, but if you're a good journalist, you will state that it was a rumor. Getting those things right is what your reputation as a reporter relies on.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:38 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Well I think everyone has to remember that nearly every trade we have ever made hasn't ever been "in the media" before it happened. I mean the only trade we have ever made that was in the media is Bobby Ryan, so that tells you just how serious most of these rumors and "trade talk" really are.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Because it'll be fun to discuss

Quote:
Ducks are asking for Thomas Tatar, 2nd and 3rd round picks and Adam Almquist or Brian Lashoff.
http://prosportsextra.com/2013/06/27...or-bobby-ryan/

Old
06-29-2013, 11:22 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
Quote:
nope

Old
06-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Tatar is a pretty nice piece but nothing else there is too enticing. Certainly Lashoff isn't lol

I call bs.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Exit Dose

What a joke. That is laughable even by trade board standards.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
That's top quality writing. The second paragraph is probably the longest, most poorly written sentence I've read in a while.

If the Wings are looking at reloading "they're" arsenal I think they'll have to offer more than that.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Anaheim would love a couple of mid round picks in a deep draft...
This is my favorite part.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Jesus Teemu

That run-on sentence is awful, like finger nails on the chalkboard. He clearly just cooked this up himself

Old
06-30-2013, 01:01 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I don't see us landing VC unless Bobby is traded, then that salary slot is open and we can offer a 5 million dollar deal. i'd be shocked if he picked us though.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:06 AM
DaDucks

Cutoff koivu... Keep bobby

Last edited by DaDucks: 06-30-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old
06-30-2013, 01:39 AM
duxfan8

Seguin will get a first, top prospect, and young player that's already broken in with a team. Palmieri, Holland, First, and probably Sbisa for Seguin. They want cap space to resign Horton, who would be their 2nd line RW. No real space for Bobby, and that's part of why they are trading Seguin (they also have to resign Rask, Bergeron to big $6-7mil/year deals). Seguin is on a GREAT contract, so a lot of teams will be on him. I expect Boston to get a boatload, but right now we could probably be involved, especially if we then deal Bobby in a separated deal.

I proposed Ryan for Coburn + 11th overall + something else. Not sure what else we could get, but if Shinkaruk was available at 11, we could make a Medicine Hat line with Shinkaruk-Seguin-Etem. That could be a scary line in the future.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:46 AM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Stephens happens to be 30 minutes late to every transaction the Ducks complete. I really wouldn't take his word on anything, no offense to him.
Except for the Lovejoy signing he broke

Old
06-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Seguin will get a first, top prospect, and young player that's already broken in with a team. Palmieri, Holland, First, and probably Sbisa for Seguin. They want cap space to resign Horton, who would be their 2nd line RW. No real space for Bobby, and that's part of why they are trading Seguin (they also have to resign Rask, Bergeron to big $6-7mil/year deals). Seguin is on a GREAT contract, so a lot of teams will be on him. I expect Boston to get a boatload, but right now we could probably be involved, especially if we then deal Bobby in a separated deal.

I proposed Ryan for Coburn + 11th overall + something else. Not sure what else we could get, but if Shinkaruk was available at 11, we could make a Medicine Hat line with Shinkaruk-Seguin-Etem. That could be a scary line in the future.
That's (easily) arguably a better return than Pronger got. Zero chance of that happening.

Old
06-30-2013, 02:08 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Seguin has the same problems as Bobby, borderline soft, and NO motor

Old
06-30-2013, 03:39 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Yeah, and we want Tootoo as the center piece to Getzlaf

And they keep repeating we can't financially afford to keep Ryan.......since when?

Old
06-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This is my favorite part.
I don't think that statement is false, just false in connection with Ryan. It wouldn't surprise me if the Ducks were interested in adding picks in the 2nd and 3rd round, Madden probably has identified a couple of gems there.

As the draft approaches I am starting to get doubts about a possible Ryan trade. There are jsut too many UFAs this summer and too many trades rumored to happen. Lowers Ryan's value. But I still pray he gets moved.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:12 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
I don't understand why so many here would want Seguin. He has great potential but he isn't a center or a defenceman so he doesn't fill any need.

Great to hear about Murray atleast trying to get Lecavalier but getting him seems so unlikely. They could maybe afford him if Souray or Allen was moved for a pick or a prospect and if Lecavalier doesn't ask for the moon in terms of money. Beleskey, Palmieri and Koivu would have to be signed for a rather cheap contracts and owners would have to let Murray spend more money than usually.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Lecavalier-Ryan
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Maroon/Beleskey-Bonino-Rakell

That offence would be nice but the defence would still be mediocre unless everyone somehow step their game up.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:06 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I have no faith in Murray when it comes to recruiting free agents. None at all, with him as GM we've won a single playoff series, and that was mostly Burkes team. In the end I have little confidence he will fix this defense
VL is not coming, that's not a Murray move. A Murray move is signing a 3rd or 4th liner and trying to sell us he can play top 6 minutes

Old
06-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
I have no faith in Murray when it comes to recruiting free agents. None at all, with him as GM we've won a single playoff series, and that was mostly Burkes team. In the end I have little confidence he will fix this defense
VL is not coming, that's not a Murray move. A Murray move is signing a 3rd or 4th liner and trying to sell us he can play top 6 minutes
Honestly, I am fine with that. Free agent contracts always seem to be a vast overpayment in some way. Vinny isn't coming, not because Murray can't "woo" him, but more because he won't have any interest in coming to Anaheim.

And we get it you don't like Murray. You can stop going out of your way every post to make it apparent you have no faith in him.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Bob, y u no sign Vinny?

Old
06-30-2013, 05:57 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Old
06-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post

Bob Murray hasn't landed us any top free agents, that is true, but that isn't his fault. The top free agents are looking for big dollars (Richards) and the Ducks were in no position to offer that. And they aren't now. Apart from that FA often have clear visions as to where they want to play (Parise & Suter). Nothing you can do in that regard.

The Ducks model is to draft well and trade well, not go out and throw money around like crazy. This naturally means free agency is a frustrating time to be a Ducks fan, but long term it is smart. Bob Murray will make splashes when the time is ripe - it hasn't been so far.

If Lecavalier is not coming I don't fault Bob Murray a bit. He'll probably approach Lecavalier with a reasonable offer (2-3 years at maybe 4-4.5 mill per), but it is likely that a big market team will throw money and term at him. I don't want VL at 5-5.5 for 5-6 years. Yuk.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Wow...

Quote:
Detroit and Anaheim talked in February for Corey Perry but Anaheim said No and gave him a contract with Detroit having a young team and keeping Pavel Datsyuk the Wings look to reload they’re arsenal Detroit is going hard for Bobby Ryan because of talks with Carolina for their fifth pick Kenny Holland is looking to contend for a Stanley Cup Championship if this indeed does go down, Holland a winner of three Stanley Cups as GM of the Red Wings looks to put a stamp on an off seasons in Detroit that have been disappointing make a great off season in Detroit[lack of period to end the paragraph]
That's quality journalism for a 4-year old.

In the comments, he says he knows people from an internship with the Wings. Poor guy. I can actually picture people in the organisation making fun off him telling them stuff like this. He probably deserves that, too.

Closed Thread