HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXI: MacT's Summer Of Fun

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
So there's a rumour that Feaster offered up all 3 of the Flames' first round picks to Colorado for #1 overall.

Ah Jay, I can smell the scent of desperation and hopelessness.
What's wrong with that traded offer? The top three guys are all franchise caliber players. I bet they would take Mackinon if they made that deal.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
LOL Carolina would laugh their ***** off at that trade offer.

As for who the oilers are trading up for, onlyif Barkov falls do I want to trade up. I'll not be happy if they traded up for Monahan.
Yeah I agree, I could see Curtis Hamilton and a pick going the other way. He's a bit of a suspect, but with his size the Canes might have time for him.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
What's wrong with that traded offer? The top three guys are all franchise caliber players. I bet they would take Mackinon if they made that deal.
Because that offer is nowhere enough to get #1, and the desperation is obvious in the fact (or rumour) that they made that offer. It's like the days when Lowe was haplessly throwing money at Hossa trying to get him to sign here.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Del McPreston
5-14-6-1

vCash: 138
Quote:
So there's a rumour that Feaster offered up all 3 of the Flames' first round picks to Colorado for #1 overall.

Apparently Feaster might not even be around for the draft.

bruce dowbiggin ‏@dowbboy
Yes hi profile NHL exec targeted is Brendan Shanahan. Makes sense for Flames to grab HQ guy after Murray Edwards role in lockout. #garysway

bruce dowbiggin ‏@dowbboy
Look for announce. after the Final. Huge risk for flickering Flames after meltdowns past 4-5 years. Fate of Feaster/ Hartley now an issue.

So they are either gonna let Feaster do the draft and then fire him, or fire him a couple days before the draft? That'll be good. Would the Flames actually let him make trade offers if he was going to be canned?

Also will be funny to watch Flames fans do a 180 if Hartley gets fired after "only" 48 games.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
On the Carolina side of things, from the sounds of things our staff absolutely LOVES Nichushkin. So if you guys are dead-set on a center, as is Calgary, it's a move that would make sense.

I know JR mentioned wanting help on the blueline as part of the deal if we move down. Have to wonder if David Musil caught one of our scouts eye when they were catching one of Keegan Lowe's games this season.

LA also was rumored to have offered JR the choice of Colten Teubert or Slava Voynov + a 2nd for Ray Whitney at the deadline a few years ago before Whitney exercised his NTC to nix it when LA wasn't willing to give him a long-term extension. Could easily see Rutherford still being interested in Teubert.
I don't think you guys want Teubert. I'm not convinced we even want him. Musil seems legit though. Can't see much more being added though, maybe 2014 3rd? The one positive is that both teams seem to have a very good relationship trade wise recently: Pitkanen-Cole; Cole-POS; Nash-2nd. I mean, maybe it's just coincidence, but I think a strong track record of previous dealings can't hurt in getting another one done.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:

As for who the oilers are trading up for, onlyif Barkov falls do I want to trade up. I'll not be happy if they traded up for Monahan.
Why not? It sure as hell is better than Monahan being swooped up by the Flames. I cringe at the thought of him shutting down Oiler forwards for the next decade.

If MacT wants to get his guy (and by all accounts, he is their guy), part with a 2nd (preferrably the Anaheim one if possible) and go get him. He is everything that the Oilers have been looking for for years. I've seen him play enough times to know that he's the real deal.
There is also the outside chance that Barkov is there if TB takes Nichushkin (certainly possible) and Nashville takes Drouin.
Also, as has been mentioned above, it could strengthen the Oilers position to trade for a top pairing defenseman if MacT is intent on getting immediate help.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
3 1sts may be arounf fair value. But Flames need to restock their prospect pool.

The Oilers had 3 #1 OAs but also used firsts to get Eberle and Klefbom and then the stealing of Schultz to make their core

If the Flames did this theyd have 1 #1 OA and Bartschi as the core.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Jonathan Harker

The Lowe-Musil connection is very interesting and sounds plausible, would be 100% okay with MacT parting with him and a 2nd to move up.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:

Why not? We need size down the middle and I don't feel like playing chicken with Calgary to see who they choose. Monahan seems the perfect fit for the changing of the guard MacT and Eakins represent.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:

Why would you be unhappy if we traded up for Monahan? And the only reason I mentioned Teubert is because a Carolina fan brought him up. If they didn't want him we have multiple other options. Look at most of the trade down trades at the draft.. it's usually a late 2nd/3rd round pick + something else when moving down as many as 5 spots.. Carolina would be moving down 2, and in a deeper draft than most others they shouldn't be expecting much.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
The Lowe-Musil connection is very interesting and sounds plausible, would be 100% okay with MacT parting with him and a 2nd to move up.
That would be awful.. Musil, sure. Musil AND a 2nd? No thanks.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
How about Ales Hemsky and ANH 2nd for Dan Hamhuis and Vancouvers 3rd.

Would anyone do this?
Absolutely. Thing is, would they? After Ballard gets bought out and Luongo gets traded for a third liner, do they really have cap issues? Maybe, but booth is another buyout IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I see a team like PHX that has extra dmen. A deal with them for one of their dmen with Hemsky going the other way would make sense. Klesla or Morris coming back to EDM.
Yes to Morris and no to Rusty. Klesla has missed a lot of games with back issues. Good defender and blocks lots of shots, but has Ryan Whitney potential with his back. Good guy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Friedman just said EDM and CAR have talked about a trade where Edmonton moves up.

What would we have to give up to go to 5th overall?
I would say a guy like Marincin or Paajarvi plus a swap of picks. They will want a guy who is a young guy breaking in or a guy just about too. Cheap guys too. Both fit the bill to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Nichushkin is the decider if Edm can get Barkov at 5. If TB takes him, I don't think there's a chance Nash passes on Drouin. If it goes like that I'd be offering a ton to get to 5.
I would take abarkov over Drouins. I say that because I like big centers. I think anashville would too given that they seem to be wanting to add bigger bodies since they have some smaller guys in the mix. It woukdn't shock me to see them take Barkov. Only way they trade it is will assurances or if their guy is gone, but still doubtful. They draft great. I don't see a scenario where they give up an elite pick.
Quote:

No, that's the smell of cheese and beef.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
One or the other, not both. Dealing both would compromise organization depth, which is not something we are in a position to do at the moment.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:47 PM
MetaOil1993

Marincin or Paajarvi is a huge over payment to move up 2 spots IMO.....

Any interest in Keith Ballard if he gets bought out?

Old
06-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
Marincin or Paajarvi is a huge over payment to move up 2 spots IMO.....

Any interest in Keith Ballard if he gets bought out?
I would for lp1.25 or so on a one year. He hits like a freight train. Likely better than Pecks.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
mossy joe
keep it riel

was kicking around the idea with friends of ference winning the cup, finally taking it back to strathcona county then signing with the oilers.

he's had too good of a playoffs for the bruins to afford to pay him... also, this would be his last contract and will likely want to get paid... just a thought.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:29 AM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post
was kicking around the idea with friends of ference winning the cup, finally taking it back to strathcona county then signing with the oilers.

he's had too good of a playoffs for the bruins to afford to pay him... also, this would be his last contract and will likely want to get paid... just a thought.
Honestly I wouldn't mind him, Would be a good partner for Justin Schultz IMO. But we need to get a puck mover on the left side, Someone maybe like Meszaros in Philly if they sign Streit and want to move him for salary purposes.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
On the Carolina side of things, from the sounds of things our staff absolutely LOVES Nichushkin. So if you guys are dead-set on a center, as is Calgary, it's a move that would make sense.

I know JR mentioned wanting help on the blueline as part of the deal if we move down. Have to wonder if David Musil caught one of our scouts eye when they were catching one of Keegan Lowe's games this season.

LA also was rumored to have offered JR the choice of Colten Teubert or Slava Voynov + a 2nd for Ray Whitney at the deadline a few years ago before Whitney exercised his NTC to nix it when LA wasn't willing to give him a long-term extension. Could easily see Rutherford still being interested in Teubert.
Teubert took a step back in his development this season so I'm not sure how highly valued he'd be for your club. Musil however could make some sense, IMO Marincin is too big of a price to pay to move up 2 spots in this case so he's likely off the table. Musil would be your best bet, high 2nd rounder that's had a few years under his belt since being drafted so he's likely ready for the NHL before either of our seconds would be.

06-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Five years, $25 million enough for the Blueshirts to sign him before he can attract a Group II offer sheet — and maybe not from Philadelphia, but from, say, Edmonton?
Larry Brooks speculating the maybe Edmonton fires an offer sheet at Ryan McDonagh.

I'm really thinking this idea would be MacT's boldest move yet, especially if he attacked a team run by Sather.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:23 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Larry Brooks speculating the maybe Edmonton fires an offer sheet at Ryan McDonagh.

I'm really thinking this idea would be MacT's boldest move yet, especially if he attacked a team run by Sather.
I'd be completely in favor of that, seeing as how the compensation would only be a 1st and and a 3rd.

But I'd have to think that the Rangers would match that though.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:43 AM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

On ON, Lowetide mentioned this...

What's the 'wow' trade? I think the Howson connection sees Edmonton acquire Tyutin, L RJ Umberger and C Ryan Johansen from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Sam Gagner, Martin Marincin and Ales Hemsky.

I found this to be interesting, but I feel the Oilers would be overpaying, but I would do it after some thought especially if CBJ tossed in a draft pick. What you guys think?

Old
06-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post

What's the 'wow' trade? I think the Howson connection sees Edmonton acquire Tyutin, L RJ Umberger and C Ryan Johansen from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Sam Gagner, Martin Marincin and Ales Hemsky.

I found this to be interesting, but I feel the Oilers would be overpaying, but I would do it after some thought especially if CBJ tossed in a draft pick. What you guys think?
You think the Oilers would be overpaying in that deal?

Gagner and Umberger are relatively close with Gagner getting the edge due to last season.

Tyutin is worth more than Marincin - he is a top pairing defenceman signed to a reasonable deal while Marincin is just a mid-range prospect.

Johansen is worth substantially more than an overpaid Hemsky who has struggled to score or stay healthy for the last few seasons.

To be honest, I'd probably be fine including our first round pick in a deal like this - it fills a lot of holes and I still think Johansen has huge potential.

06-16-2013, 03:10 AM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

Johansen is the one that worries me. He just hasn't lived up to his draft so far, and I read that the CBJ manager was referring to him as a third line center with still some upside.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Johansen is the one that worries me. He just hasn't lived up to his draft so far, and I read that the CBJ manager was referring to him as a third line center with still some upside.
Oh come on he is 6'4 way better than Gagner

Old
06-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:

That's an interesting trade. Tyutin is one of the most underrated defencemen and would be our best dmen, IMO. Umberger fills a need and I wouldn't mind him despite that contract. Johansen is a guy I would look to target because I believe that he needs a change of scenery. His size and skillet is intriguing. I heard he played great for the Blue Jackets down the stretch, scoring some key goals, was playing excellent defensively and playing physical. Plus he was over 50% in faceoffs this season, I believe. However, after the season ended he was a healthy scratch for his AHL team in the playoffs. That's a bit concerning but for the right price, I would give Johansen a shot here. Only thing is that I don't want to give up Marincin but you have to give to get.

Closed Thread