HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stehlik moves to Sparta Prague

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Ego

vCash: 500
Stehlik moves to Sparta Prague

Predators' prospect Richard Stehlik signed two-year contract with top Czch team Sparta Prague.

Old
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
dulzhok

Good. I think that will be good for his development... in the mean time, we will be developing at least all of Suter, Weber, Hamhuis, Klein in the next couple of years. We should be able to get a pretty good feel for what Stehlik is capable of by then... then we can decide on whether or not to bring him over.

Old
05-31-2005, 06:54 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I would rather have him in Milwaukee. I think he's fully capable of playing in the AHL. Sparta might be huge next year on the blue line. If Koci goes back to the czech league next year they'd have Koci, Stehlik, and that guy that played for the preds whose name escapes me at this moment, but he's large.

Old
05-31-2005, 09:42 AM
C-J Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
... and that guy that played for the preds whose name escapes me at this moment, but he's large.
Robert Schnabel (6'5", 230 lbs)

Anyhoo...

Old
05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified

Anyhoo...

Hopefully Stehlik turns into a better defenseman than ol' Bob Schnab.

Old
05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

He was one of the prospects we tried to sign before the lockout began........I would be shocked if we gave up on him now. He should be in Milwuakee when the NHL resumes, unless a contract situation cannot be worked out.

06-01-2005, 09:03 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
What on God's green earth ever happened to Andrei Mukhachev?

Old
06-01-2005, 09:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
What on God's green earth ever happened to Andrei Mukhachev?

i think i should be on someone's payroll, i tell this story so much

For two straight years, he backed out of playing in Milwaukee at the last second. This past season, he was completely committed to coming...and just...didn't show up. No one knew why or where he was. Eventually, it turned out that at the last second, once again, he changed his mind and decided to stay in Russia. Poile said, in the paper, that the organization no longer has any plans or interest in him.

Old
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I would rather have him in Milwaukee. I think he's fully capable of playing in the AHL. Sparta might be huge next year on the blue line. If Koci goes back to the czech league next year they'd have Koci, Stehlik, and that guy that played for the preds whose name escapes me at this moment, but he's large.
I expressed this opinion a while back... While he maybe capable to play in the AHL and we may have room for him in the AHL, I highly doubt that there will be room for him on our NHL roster in the next 3 years. With Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Klein all up-and-coming, Stehlik will be extremely hard pressed to make our NHL roster with-in the next three years. And if he comes over next season, his AHL eligibility will be all used up in 3 years, and he's unlikely to have a spot in the NHL (even if he's worthy of one). So if that situation comes to fruition, we'd likely have to trade him away for cheap.

I think it's best for him develop on a good team (like Sparta), in a good league (Czech league is the most NHL-style of any Euro league). If he plays well over these next two years, we can bring him over and he still have a good 3 years of AHL eligibility.

Old
06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I expressed this opinion a while back... While he maybe capable to play in the AHL and we may have room for him in the AHL, I highly doubt that there will be room for him on our NHL roster in the next 3 years. With Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Klein all up-and-coming, Stehlik will be extremely hard pressed to make our NHL roster with-in the next three years. And if he comes over next season, his AHL eligibility will be all used up in 3 years, and he's unlikely to have a spot in the NHL (even if he's worthy of one). So if that situation comes to fruition, we'd likely have to trade him away for cheap.

I think it's best for him develop on a good team (like Sparta), in a good league (Czech league is the most NHL-style of any Euro league). If he plays well over these next two years, we can bring him over and he still have a good 3 years of AHL eligibility.
Sound logic and is what is most likely to happen.

Old
06-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified

Anyhoo...

Schnabel was released from Sparta ... and about Stehlik Czech league is for his development great possibility ... at any rate better than in Slovak league

Old
06-03-2005, 03:40 AM
Bubba64

Send a message via ICQ to Bubba64
By the way in Sparta Prag will play (if NHL lock out will continue *hopefully no*) Marek Schwarz, Rosta Olesz and Jakub Sindel - (son of Prague trainer). So why it can´t be wrong for Stehlik development ???

Closed Thread