HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 11:18 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

vCash: 500
Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Part II

Continue here (when needed).

GameDayDateTime (EST)AwayHomeNetwork
1WednesdayJune 128:00BostonChicagoNBC, CBC
2SaturdayJune 158:00BostonChicagoNBCSN, CBC
3MondayJune 178:00ChicagoBostonNBCSN, CBC
4WednesdayJune 198:00ChicagoBostonNBC, CBC
5SaturdayJune 228:00BostonChicagoNBC, CBC
6MondayJune 248:00ChicagoBostonNBC, CBC
7*WednesdayJune 268:00BostonChicagoNBC, CBC

Last edited by Kane One: 06-21-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: updated schedule
Old
06-16-2013, 02:11 PM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

Lucky bounces for both teams, blown calls for both teams, either team could easily be up 2-0 or down 0-2.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Lucky bounces for both teams, blown calls for both teams, either team could easily be up 2-0 or down 0-2.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Deserves and it's fitting to be 1-1.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Sucks the Hawks blew it last night ,, Took foot off gas and eventually the B's took over game

Not liking the Hawks chances in game 3 ,, B's will be pumped playing at home

Game 4 on other hand I do like Hawks chances

Return to Chicago with split and I will be happy

Old
06-16-2013, 02:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

******* it. I have my cable turned off because I'm moving in a couple of weeks, and the SCF seems to be better this year than it has been in a long time.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
^
Go to bar on game night

I am sure you can find one that will have game on

Old
06-16-2013, 02:50 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

Yeah I thought about it last night, but I had Fathers' Day + work + homework today. I figured it would be better for me to stay home and get some rest.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:51 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

I'm watching Game 1 on YT now. Hopefully Game 2 is put up soon.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Replacement
Checked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Sucks the Hawks blew it last night ,, Took foot off gas and eventually the B's took over game

Not liking the Hawks chances in game 3 ,, B's will be pumped playing at home

Game 4 on other hand I do like Hawks chances

Return to Chicago with split and I will be happy
Stating the Hawks "took foot off the gas" gives the Bruins zero credit. Boston took over the game and were clearly the better team as the game proceeded. I think Boston just played their game and imposed will as game went on.

Between facing the Red Wings, KIngs, and now Bruins the Hawks are absorbing a lot of hits and physical play. Bruins had a substantial edge in play and serious chances in OT in first game and also interestingly took over the 2nd game. Both of these of course not having the home advantage. A question could be asked why the Bruins are outlasting the Hawks in these road games.

We've seen some Hawks hearing footsteps and throwing the puck away giving Bruins prime scoring chances. Which is what eventually happens to players that get hammered enough. Bruins tend to wear teams down and are starting to lean on the Hawks. Exactly what a healthy Kings team would have had more success with.

We'll see how Hawks respond but they have it uphill now playing in Boston. With line matching I like the Bruins chances. Hawks are a better club on home ice.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Stating the Hawks "took foot off the gas" gives the Bruins zero credit. Boston took over the game and were clearly the better team as the game proceeded. I think Boston just played their game and imposed will as game went on.

Between facing the Red Wings, KIngs, and now Bruins the Hawks are absorbing a lot of hits and physical play. Bruins had a substantial edge in play and serious chances in OT in first game and also interestingly took over the 2nd game. Both of these of course not having the home advantage. A question could be asked why the Bruins are outlasting the Hawks in these road games.

We've seen some Hawks hearing footsteps and throwing the puck away giving Bruins prime scoring chances. Which is what eventually happens to players that get hammered enough. Bruins tend to wear teams down and are starting to lean on the Hawks. Exactly what a healthy Kings team would have had more success with.

We'll see how Hawks respond but they have it uphill now playing in Boston. With line matching I like the Bruins chances. Hawks are a better club on home ice.
Is that St. Vincent? In your avi?

Also, completely agree. The Bruins deserve credit for their play. Haven't gotten much since the start of the Pens series. If the Bruins win, it's because the other team let them. It's preposterous

Old
06-16-2013, 03:39 PM
NinthSpoke06

Lucic dominated that last game without a shot on net.

Kid was hitting everything that moved. It was impressive. You could literally see the impact his hits were making too.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
wickedwitch

Question for Hawks fans: given they aren't producing when apart, why haven't Kane and Toews been put back together?

Old
06-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Scotty Pucks
Jagr Peanut Butter

Boston is so awesome this year. Sweeping the Penguins. Underrated talent. Coach Julien. Defensive play. Jagr. So much to love about this team, congrats to them on their Game 2 win. Will be a good series, but I think da B's got this.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Jdrewc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Is that St. Vincent? In your avi?

Also, completely agree. The Bruins deserve credit for their play. Haven't gotten much since the start of the Pens series. If the Bruins win, it's because the other team let them. It's preposterous
I would say that the Chicago fans are really going to be surprised soon. The Bruins have not even shown their best game yet. The hawks dominated the first half of game 2 and got 1goal. That should really be an eye opener. Going back to Boston is really going to cause a shift in the direction this series is going. Boston really should be up 2 games right now.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:52 PM
bosox1001

Chicago really came out strong in the first period, and I really felt like Bruins had almost no possession time to start the game. What a great time for the 3rd and 4th lines to step up their game though! The bounces went Boston's way in that game, which it's seeming like that is what this series will come down to. Almost 10 periods of play in just two games, so I think it's safe to say these teams are pretty even.

Bruins have a great chance to take command of this series though, as Chicago is a modest 3-4 on the road these playoffs and Boston is 9-2 at home. Add in the fact there's another two-day rest period between Games 3 and 4, and I think more rest helps Boston more than Chicago, and Boston could head back to Chicago up 3-1.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm watching Game 1 on YT now. Hopefully Game 2 is put up soon.
If you want a pretty awesome recap, go to the YouTube account "dafoomie". He always has pretty nice recaps of the Bruins wins

Also if you don't have cable, I'd use just online streams. Thats what I do when I'm in NY and don't get NESN. Pretty easy to find, but if you can't just send me a PM and I'll send you the site I use

Old
06-16-2013, 04:10 PM
rocketdan9

Bruins love 2nd half of the game and love as the series goes deep.

Like a oldschool pitching vet that gave up some runs in the beginning , but is ready to finish a game with a lead of 5-4

The bruins have some of the fittest/strongest guys in the league. It starts with Chara as he worksout like a beast and does tour de france like Cycling trainning over the summer. I read somewhere also Lucic can bench around 400 pounds. Some other guys like Boychuck, Ference, Seidenberg also are very strong

Hawks on the other hand dont' look like they have the strongest looking guys in the lineup. Andrew shaw has arms of a teenager. Maybe this is the reason why bruins have been able to wear down the hawks with their physical play so far. Also Bruins overall have better stamina

Old
06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Jdrewc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
Bruins love 2nd half of the game and love as the series goes deep.

Like a oldschool pitching vet that gave up some runs in the beginning , but is ready to finish a game with a lead of 5-4

The bruins have some of the fittest/strongest guys in the league. It starts with Chara as he worksout like a beast and does tour de france like Cycling trainning over the summer. I read somewhere also Lucic can bench around 400 pounds. Some other guys like Boychuck, Ference, Seidenberg also are very strong

Hawks on the other hand dont' look like they have the strongest looking guys in the lineup. Andrew shaw has arms of a teenager. Maybe this is the reason why bruins have been able to wear down the hawks with their physical play so far. Also Bruins overall have better stamina
I think your right on. I saw that video footage of shaw in he locker room without pads, man he's scrawny. The bruins always play better when their hitting too.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
If you want a pretty awesome recap, go to the YouTube account "dafoomie". He always has pretty nice recaps of the Bruins wins

Also if you don't have cable, I'd use just online streams. Thats what I do when I'm in NY and don't get NESN. Pretty easy to find, but if you can't just send me a PM and I'll send you the site I use
I had my internet disconnected as well. Right now I'm at work so I don't have a data cap. When I'm at home, though, I have a Verizon card with an 8 gig cap, and I can tether off of my phone with a 6 gig cap. Streaming games would kill that.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
HockeyMomx2

Conditioning is a definite advantage to the Bruins so far.They just didn't finish in game 1. They did in Game 2. They have Chicago on their heals from the 3rd period on each game.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Jdrewc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
Conditioning is a definite advantage to the Bruins so far.They just didn't finish in game 1. They did in Game 2. They have Chicago on their heals from the 3rd period on each game.
I noticed that in the wcf against la. They looked real tired. I surprised Chicago held us out on game one but I suppose Chicago to thank the bounces for that. Didn't seem like we could buy one on game one

Old
06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
Lucic dominated that last game without a shot on net.

Kid was hitting everything that moved. It was impressive. You could literally see the impact his hits were making too.
Lucic hit Kane after it looked like Kane was beginning to heat up, and Kane completely disappeared. I saw him go and give Lucic some **** for hitting him.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:38 PM
cupojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrewc View Post
I noticed that in the wcf against la. They looked real tired. I surprised Chicago held us out on game one but I suppose Chicago to thank the bounces for that. Didn't seem like we could buy one on game one
So the only reason Hawks won game 1 was because of lucky bounces, and the reason Bruins won game 2 was because they were the better team? Do you not see anything wrong with that thought process? Especially considering the Blackhawks outshot the Bruins in both games? IMO the majority of the time the better team will create their own "luck"

Both teams have had lucky bounces and both teams have had dominant stretches in these two games. For me it is really hard to predict who wins the best out of the next 5, although Bruins do have a slight advantage in that they have 3 home games left, while Hawks only have two.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:39 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
This series is reminds me way too much of how it was vs the leafs in game 567.

Hawks have so much speed , especially the d's, but there is so much you can pinch in, without getting burnt. And i think in the 2nd and 3rd hawks defense were not taking anymore chances. Bruins forward did an awsome job checking the d's as much as possible as well as the Bruins d's were punishing hakws forwards evertimes they tried to dump and chase. So in the third it was all bruins adv

Hawks best chance is to have one of their d's carry the puck as far into the Bruins zone, without getting burnt. Otherwise having one guy vs three or two bruins won't do anything for you.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:44 PM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwitch View Post
Question for Hawks fans: given they aren't producing when apart, why haven't Kane and Toews been put back together?
Supposedly it's because Q didn't want both Toews and Kane on the ice at the same time as Chara.

Closed Thread