HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 11:58 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
If I'm a Hawks fan I am really disappointed in Hossa right now. How does he not play tonight? Was his injury that bad? He looked fine in the pre-game skate. I know i'm not in his head and I don't know the pain he was feeling, but if he was good enough to be on the ice pre-game he should have played. This game was very important for Chicago and he is one of their best players.

Any word on his availability for Wednesday yet?
One player doesn't determine how the whole team plays -- at least not for the Hawks. No doubt losing Hossa was a big blow, but that is not an excuse for how bad they played tonight. Even if Hossa plays, I don't think the Hawks win -- that's was a pathetic showing.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Mathew Barzal
Yes. Yes we McCann.

vCash: 500
Bruins have the ability to switch gears when it counts. gg Hawks.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:04 AM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

Quote:
If I'm a Hawks fan I am really disappointed in Hossa right now. How does he not play tonight? Was his injury that bad? He looked fine in the pre-game skate. I know i'm not in his head and I don't know the pain he was feeling, but if he was good enough to be on the ice pre-game he should have played. This game was very important for Chicago and he is one of their best players.

How can you judge a player when you don't know the extent of his injury?

Old
06-18-2013, 12:06 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Maybe if Keith was in the lane, that pass doesn't get through?

Seabrook tied up Lucic, he's doing his job on that play. Oduya isn't even close to being in the passing lane.

Anyway, seems like Chicago waited til the last minute to show up. Boston is so strong this year, defensively, at least since the end of the first round.
Keith wasn't on the ice. Seabrook can't let that pass get through.

Seabrook "tied up" Lucic? He didn't even touch Lucic.

Last edited by CPHawksFan: 06-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 12:14 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Keith wasn't on the ice. Seabrook can't let that pass get through.
It was a high and perfect saucer pass on effectively a 5 on 3, what more could Seabrook have done?

Old
06-18-2013, 12:16 AM
finchster

Crawford has been the best player for the Hawks in the finals, that guy doesn't deserve any blame at all.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:24 AM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
Yeah there is no way Chicago could ever come back from down 3-1 to an original six team, with home-ice advantage, in these playoffs. Never I tell you!
what does original 6 have anything to do with it

Old
06-18-2013, 12:24 AM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

Quote:

Thanks for your concern but as a Hawks fan, I personally give Hossa the benefit of the doubt. Given the way things went down with the mystery "upper-body injury" and him seeming to prepare to play and then when the adrenaline would be pumping for the pre-game skate him opting not to play, my guess is he was probably concussed at some point recently. And if that's the case, better for himself and the Blackhawks that he wasn't on the ice getting a flying elbow to the head from Degoonivans, so we don't have to see him getting taken off the ice on a stretcher two Stanley Cup Playoffs in a row.

But even if he had a different injury, it's completely implausible that he didn't have a very good reason for staying out of this game.

Quote:
Day-to-day. And if his not playing was this much of a secret, Q will probably try to be super secretive about when he comes back too.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:25 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
It was a high and perfect saucer pass on effectively a 5 on 3, what more could Seabrook have done?
Didn't realize it was a saucer pass until you mentioned it...yeah not much he could do there I guess.

Beautiful pass by Jagr.

Last edited by CPHawksFan: 06-18-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 12:25 AM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Just bringing up something that the Bruins have in common with the Red Wings.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:53 AM
hirawl
Used Register

lol at people trying to find someone to blame for that #2 goal. A 5 on 3 pp with beauty of a saucer pass to the far post? You want to put the blame on someone put it on the hall of fame hockey skills of Mr. Jaromir Jagr.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:53 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
One player doesn't determine how the whole team plays -- at least not for the Hawks. No doubt losing Hossa was a big blow, but that is not an excuse for how bad they played tonight. Even if Hossa plays, I don't think the Hawks win -- that's was a pathetic showing.
Oh ya, definitely. I didn't mean to make it sound like that. It just seemed so out of nowhere and he looked good skating, from the clips I saw pre-game, so I was just wondering how Hawks fans felt. Seems to me this was something Q wasn't expecting, hence the scramble to get Smith in the lineup, I figure it would have helped the team more to have had an earlier indication we wasn't going to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapeze11 View Post
How can you judge a player when you don't know the extent of his injury?
Well ya, I mentioned this specifically in my post. I can't pretend to know how he is feeling. Just like I said above, it is disappointing to me, or would be if it were a Bruin, that he goes through all the pre-game stuff and then suddenly pulls out. I know Hossa is a veteran, but I would have thought the Hawks would have liked some earlier indication. The fact that there was no notice til right before puck drop is weird to me, and makes me wonder why he could go through all that other stuff and not give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post

Thanks for your concern but as a Hawks fan, I personally give Hossa the benefit of the doubt. Given the way things went down with the mystery "upper-body injury" and him seeming to prepare to play and then when the adrenaline would be pumping for the pre-game skate him opting not to play, my guess is he was probably concussed at some point recently. And if that's the case, better for himself and the Blackhawks that he wasn't on the ice getting a flying elbow to the head from Degoonivans, so we don't have to see him getting taken off the ice on a stretcher two Stanley Cup Playoffs in a row.

But even if he had a different injury, it's completely implausible that he didn't have a very good reason for staying out of this game.
The only reason I never considered that was because I never really saw any play where that may be the case. You could be right, and I would never make light of a concussion. Trust me as a Bruins fan I know how they go. He very well could have had a legit reason to miss, but I feel like Hossa has a bit of a rep. for sitting out games. Not necessarily in the playoffs, but I've seen that happening before.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Because that's exactly what the Hawks did to the Red Wings.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Markus078

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Crawford has been the best player for the Hawks in the finals, that guy doesn't deserve any blame at all.
It's amazing. Like you said I also think Crawford is playing well, it's just Rask who is at another level right now.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:14 AM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

Quote:
I know Hossa is a veteran, but I would have thought the Hawks would have liked some earlier indication. The fact that there was no notice til right before puck drop is weird to me, and makes me wonder why he could go through all that other stuff and not give it a go.
In the Hawks-Kings series, the exact same thing happened with Mike Richards. He got hit hard in a clean hit by Bolland resulting in a head injury at the end of Game 1 and was a game-time decision for Game 2 and went out for warm-ups but wound up scratching in that one because he wasn't 100 percent when he came out for warm ups.

Quote:
The only reason I never considered that was because I never really saw any play where that may be the case.
I didn't either, so my guess that Hossa's injury is a concussion is nothing more than my own speculation. But there was so much hitting going on in Game 2 that unless it was a penalty it may not have stuck out. The other thing is I distinctly remember Hossa missing a shift at one point during Game 2 because at the time I was excited thinking Q had finally decided to put Toews and Kane on a line together. The announcers said it had something to do with Hossa going in the locker room to fix a skate but now I'm curious.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Bmessy

Can we all agree that this series so far has been pretty amazing?
All of the long series predictions have been absolutely true, and I love it.
Also... I feel GIFs are the best thing the internet ever created. Just what you need

Old
06-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Phenomenon13

With the leadership group and experience the hawks have that was a rather disappointing showing. Toews in particular seems to really lose control of his emotions on a few plays. Somebody on the hawks needs to step up and make some plays.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Arcade

vCash: 1070
I don't see the rest of the games going over 2 goals per game regardless of who wins. Both teams know when to lock it down defensively.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Tomas W

Advantage Boston...

Old
06-18-2013, 04:46 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
A lot of chatter about how good Crawford is. See thread on that this forum, but not much talk about how Rask has been standing tall so far this series including his latest game, a shutout. I feel that if Rask and the Bruins D can continue to play this strong, it is going to be very, VERY difficult to beat the B's!
Because Rask isn't that good. He's just riding the coattails of his D and the defensive system that his team plays.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:52 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:

Doesn't he have a reputation for not having a very high pain tolerance level? I think I heard last night that he's consistently missed 15-20 games a season over the past few years, and most for seemingly minor injuries that most others play through.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Smokey McCanucks

Hossa out? The Department of Player Safety has decided to suspend Raffi Torres for 20 games.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:34 AM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
A lot of chatter about how good Crawford is. See thread on that this forum, but not much talk about how Rask has been standing tall so far this series including his latest game, a shutout. I feel that if Rask and the Bruins D can continue to play this strong, it is going to be very, VERY difficult to beat the B's!
It's come to an expectation with Rask now after what he did to Pittsburgh which is why I'm guessing he isn't getting "chatter". On the other hand, Crawford really didn't get that much love on HF until after the Kings series and game 1 of this series. No doubt Rask has been dominant.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Scotty Pucks
Jagr Peanut Butter

Wednesday so huge. Blackhawks win and this series goes 7 games where anything can happen. B's win and they take it in 5, IMO. I think B's win and take it in 5.

Jagr said Julien wanted him on the ice with EN so he could score, get the monkey off his back.

Then Jagr added, “He wants me to get the monkey off my back and I told him, ‘I love the monkey, man.’”

Old
06-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
Doesn't he have a reputation for not having a very high pain tolerance level? I think I heard last night that he's consistently missed 15-20 games a season over the past few years, and most for seemingly minor injuries that most others play through.
The guy he was talking with was upset about the game. Head injuries aren't something that people get, only to decide to go out for a pre game skate like nothing happened. We know by now that if he had a concussion then Hossa wouldn't have even taken the flight.

Closed Thread