HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So I guess Horton is gutless ,, Should have came right back in OT right?
I'd say your arm popping out of its socket is being injured not hurt. He's hurt right now and is still playing unlike hossa.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
VanCity72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
And why?

Grind: Dump:Chase low scoring defensive snoozefests.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/careerstats.h...dersAllSeasons

6 current Bruins players are in the top 20 in the NHL all time Playoff statistics in +/-, wowzers. Lucic in 8th is kinda hilarious.
But how can that be? He's just a no talent goon.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
titaniumexpose
maybe next year :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Pitt fans think the series is boring and that its getting to the point where they may take their giant market to some other sport that doesn't want them. Another built in excuse for the impending bandwagon jumperofferers. I can't stand that franchise, bunch of clown whine bags. Seems like everyone outside of Montreal, Pitt and Vancouver (the Axis of Whine) is loving it. Numbers are high and whichever way it goes, most people consider those first two games instant classics. Its been a war of skill and attrition and heart over whining and diving.
Sorry to burst your fantasy, but you're quoting the idiots. I'm a hockey fan 1st, Pens fan 2nd. And I'm actually cheering hard for the B's. I'm sure there are others out there.

Last edited by titaniumexpose: 06-18-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 04:05 PM
HuskyBruinPride

Some of the Bruins fans in here trashing on Hossa for not playing need to just stop. None of us know what is going on with Hossa and what kind of pain/injury he is dealing with, so none of us have the ability to really question him. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that a player like Hossa would just be like ehhh I could probably play tonight FOR THE CUP, but I'm just gonna sit out for the hell of it because I don't wanna. I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen. Honestly, these type of comments just make Bruins fans as a whole look ignorant and bad.

Having gotten that out of the way, should be interesting to see how the Hawks bounce back for game 4. Last game was the only one that I thought the Bruins clearly looked like the better team all night.

Question for Hawks fans: Any word on Toews and Kane playing together? They've looked scary at times together, but they seem to usually be on separate lines.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBruinPride View Post
Some of the Bruins fans in here trashing on Hossa for not playing need to just stop. None of us know what is going on with Hossa and what kind of pain/injury he is dealing with, so none of us have the ability to really question him. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that a player like Hossa would just be like ehhh I could probably play tonight FOR THE CUP, but I'm just gonna sit out for the hell of it because I don't wanna. I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen. Honestly, these type of comments just make Bruins fans as a whole look ignorant and bad.

Having gotten that out of the way, should be interesting to see how the Hawks bounce back for game 3. Last game was the only one that I thought the Bruins clearly looked like the better team all night.

Question for Hawks fans: Any word on Toews and Kane playing together? They've looked scary at times together, but they seem to usually be on separate lines.
Hossa pulling himself out of warmups when he played a full #2 game makes him look bad, not people like me ripping him like he deserves. You don't play because of a little groin tightness in the SC? what?

Old
06-18-2013, 04:13 PM
BruinInPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity72 View Post
Have you even been watching this series? I'll admit game 3 wasn't as entertaining, mainly because of the ice conditions, but games 1 and 2 were epic. Especially game one.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:18 PM
bosox1001

Quote:
Ahh, as opposed to the Canucks' vaunted style of: Whine, shoot, dive, switch goalies, lose playoff games. Yes, much better.

Game 1 was the most watched (including better than the Canucks/Bruins) SC game since 1997, and was only a few thousand average viewers less than that high. It had, I believe, 119% more viewers than Game 1 of the LAK/NJ snoozefest.

This match up is probably the BEST thing for hockey in the past 20 years, let alone what your ignorant, bitter self thinks.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:21 PM
patty59

Quote:
canucks fan not liking a series between Chicago and Boston?

I'm shocked!

Old
06-18-2013, 04:31 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
Hossa pulling himself out of warmups when he played a full #2 game makes him look bad, not people like me ripping him like he deserves. You don't play because of a little groin tightness in the SC? what?
And not only that, but you take a full warm up and the coach doesn't have your replacement participate in the pre-game skate, proving that this is something that was out of the blue to everyone there but Hossa. And then he's going to play tomorrow like everything is fine? Idk it seems weird to me, too.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:34 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
Tony Amonte sure thought so, heard him ripping on Hossa on a podcast today.
Random ex-player says something contrarian, and there are actually people that give a ****?

Never change, internet.

Anybody that knows the slightest thing about Hossa, both how he's played this season and throughout his extensive Stanely Cup playoffs and Finals career, would know that an assertion that he couldn't or wouldn't play through pain is absolute garbage.

But hey, there's a day off between games, so have to talk about something, I suppose.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:34 PM
bosox1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
And not only that, but you take a full warm up and the coach doesn't have your replacement participate in the pre-game skate, proving that this is something that was out of the blue to everyone there but Hossa.
This is what I've been saying this whole time. There's no way the coaching staff was aware Hossa had an injury that bad that just a pre-game warm up could aggravate it so much that he would miss the game and NOT even have a guy ready to go! I don't know why Chicago fans are trying to cover for that... I can understand the coach going out there and trying to cover for Hossa and not throw him under the bus to the media... but the Chicago media and fans are really putting their blinders up if they are letting this slide. Pulled himself off the ice without letting his coaches know beforehand that maybe there was a chance he wasn't going to be able to go? Terrible thing to do to your teammates.

Put it this way, Chicago fans: Hossa pulled himself out of the game, literally last minute, and apparently without any warning whatsoever to his coaches or teammates and you guys went on to lose the game to fall behind 1-2 in the series with another road game in Boston. If that doesn't upset you, or you see no reason for concern there... then whatever, that's your problem.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Sauve91

Free Carcilloooo

go hawks go

Old
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauve91 View Post
go hawks go
Please, please free Carcillo. He blows so bad.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox1001 View Post
This is what I've been saying this whole time. There's no way the coaching staff was aware Hossa had an injury that bad that just a pre-game warm up could aggravate it so much that he would miss the game and NOT even have a guy ready to go! I don't know why Chicago fans are trying to cover for that... I can understand the coach going out there and trying to cover for Hossa and not throw him under the bus to the media... but the Chicago media and fans are really putting their blinders up if they are letting this slide. Pulled himself off the ice without letting his coaches know beforehand that maybe there was a chance he wasn't going to be able to go? Terrible thing to do to your teammates.

Put it this way, Chicago fans: Hossa pulled himself out of the game, literally last minute, and apparently without any warning whatsoever to his coaches or teammates and you guys went on to lose the game to fall behind 1-2 in the series with another road game in Boston. If that doesn't upset you, or you see no reason for concern there... then whatever, that's your problem.
Well, there are two options....

Option 1) Hossa just quit on the team due to pain despite his extensive history of playing deep in the playoffs and playing through various pain and injuries over the years, or....

Option 2) Hossa tried to play and last minute realized that he just simply couldn't (or that he went from being in pain to it actually being injured near last minute... you know, injuries can happen in practice/warm ups, believe it or not).

Which honestly seems more likely, given everything we've seen, heard, and know about Hossa?

And I think you're not seeing Hawks fans express outrage against Hossa because he, more so than probably any player, has earned the benefit of the doubt from his own actions over the years. At most, Hossa's guilty at not giving his coaches enough of a head's up that he might not be ready, as far as I'm concerned.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Well, there are two options....

Option 1) Hossa just quit on the team due to pain despite his extensive history of playing deep in the playoffs and playing through various pain and injuries over the years, or....

Option 2) Hossa tried to play and last minute realized that he just simply couldn't (or that he went from being in pain to it actually being injured near last minute... you know, injuries can happen in practice/warm ups, believe it or not).

Which honestly seems more likely, given everything we've seen, heard, and know about Hossa?

And I think you're not seeing Hawks fans express outrage against Hossa because he, more so than probably any player, has earned the benefit of the doubt from his own actions over the years. At most, Hossa's guilty at not giving his coaches enough of a head's up that he might not be ready, as far as I'm concerned.
I think it's foolish to think that he wouldn't have played if he could have. These guys live for this. I do find it a little odd that they didn't have Smith take warmup though, they had to know there was a possibility that Hossa couldn't go, right? I'm not buying the not wanting to tip his hand by Q reasoning. Not that it matters if I buy it or not

Just an odd situation

Old
06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
bosox1001

Then why wouldn't he just inform the coaches that he thinks he might not be able to go, so they can dress a guy for warm ups? Obviously a warm-up isn't a big deal... but since when is it normal for a guy to plays in a game misses a pre-game skate? Seems like Hossa left everyone in the dark on this and left Chicago scrambling with not much time left before game time and they're suddenly down one of their best players. So, in my eyes, "jsut" being guilty of not giving coaches a heads up is a pretty big thing, and at the very least unprofessional and rude to your teammates.

This guy, Smith, has played in exactly 1 game all year with Chicago, so maybe just maybe , his new linemates would have liked to know beforehand there was a possibility of skating with him? Maybe just having him on the ice for warm-ups would have helped give them SOME idea of how they would play with each other?

And another thing brought up on local Boston radio today... is Chicago panicking already like Pittsburgh did? Looks like Brandon Bollig was their young player of choice who was really the one getting groomed to step in for the playoffs if needed. He played 25 games with the Blackhawks this year, and added another 5 in these playoffs (including Games 1 and 2 of the SCF). So looks like he was ahead of Smith on the depth chart... but Bollig also happened to turn the puck over in that Game 2 OT loss for Chicago, and suddenly he was the healthy scratch... and not even that, but was also not in the lineup when Hossa was taken out? I don't see a reason why he would suddenly be taken out of the lineup... other than he had the turnover in OT and they're punishing him...

Old
06-18-2013, 04:56 PM
hisgirlfriday

Quote:
Except...

Quenneville said the injury didnt occur in warm-ups, and captain Jonathan Toews said it was something that we were prepared for all day, even though Hossa skated with the team earlier Monday and there hadnt been indication, at least publicly, he was hurt.

Gee I wonder why Hawks fans aren't going insane with rage over Hossa when his coach and captain are standing behind him?

I think the other reason people are not that super mad about the admittedly weird Ben Smith situation is that Ben Smith wasn't the reason the Hawks lost that game and did just as well as anyone could have expected him to play even with participation in warmups and the morning skate.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
hisgirlfriday

Quote:
Then why wouldn't he just inform the coaches that he thinks he might not be able to go, so they can dress a guy for warm ups? Obviously a warm-up isn't a big deal... but since when is it normal for a guy to plays in a game misses a pre-game skate? Seems like Hossa left everyone in the dark on this and left Chicago scrambling with not much time left before game time and they're suddenly down one of their best players. So, in my eyes, "jsut" being guilty of not giving coaches a heads up is a pretty big thing, and at the very least unprofessional and rude to your teammates.

This guy, Smith, has played in exactly 1 game all year with Chicago, so maybe just maybe , his new linemates would have liked to know beforehand there was a possibility of skating with him? Maybe just having him on the ice for warm-ups would have helped give them SOME idea of how they would play with each other?

And another thing brought up on local Boston radio today... is Chicago panicking already like Pittsburgh did? Looks like Brandon Bollig was their young player of choice who was really the one getting groomed to step in for the playoffs if needed. He played 25 games with the Blackhawks this year, and added another 5 in these playoffs (including Games 1 and 2 of the SCF). So looks like he was ahead of Smith on the depth chart... but Bollig also happened to turn the puck over in that Game 2 OT loss for Chicago, and suddenly he was the healthy scratch... and not even that, but was also not in the lineup when Hossa was taken out? I don't see a reason why he would suddenly be taken out of the lineup... other than he had the turnover in OT and they're punishing him...
Since when is it normal for your #1 center to wind up on a line with 4th line wings? But that's what Q had going at one point last night. He is impulsive and changes his mind about lines a lot. That's probably what happened last night with him deciding to put Smith in at the last minute over other players, even ones who participated in the warm-ups.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:03 PM
bosox1001

Because what are his coach and captain going to say? Hossa left us totally hanging and out to dry and we're pissed at him? They wont say that! Come on, I really thought Chicago was a better sports market than this, but I'm really starting to think maybe they're not.

Here are the facts:

1: Hossa played fine and missed no shifts in Game 2
2: Hossa was on the ice for pre-game skate
3: Hossa took himself off the ice immediately after a shot
4: Hossa was scratched from the game last minute
5: Smith was not even dressed or with the team for pre-game skate

If his coach and captain KNEW there was a chance he might not be able to play for Game 3 after Game 2, which supposedly they should have since they are saying the injury didn't happen in pre-game, then why was the replacement not even in the building? Explain that?

And I'm still wondering about why Smith even played at all, instead of Bollig... go back and read my last post for that more question.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
apricissimus

Did NBC come up with calling the Horton-Krejci-Lucic line the "HuLK" line just for the SCF? I swear I never heard them called that until the finals started.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
bosox1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post
Since when is it normal for your #1 center to wind up on a line with 4th line wings? But that's what Q had going at one point last night. He is impulsive and changes his mind about lines a lot. That's probably what happened last night with him deciding to put Smith in at the last minute over other players, even ones who participated in the warm-ups.
Then maybe he's not making the most sound decisions in the most important games of the year..... I don't know. This whole story of Hossa, Smith, Bollig... it doesn't add up at all, and is either total desperation when the series was still only tied 1-1, or there is some wacky stuff going on in the locker room or between the players/coaches that isn't getting in the media.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:06 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
This series has already set hockey back 20 years and I shutter to think what seven games would do.
Christ- 7 games? Were looking at setting hockey back atleast 100 years!!!! Somebody stop these teams!!!! They are ruining everything!!!!!!

Old
06-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
Quote:

Mayers warmed up with team

Its on Q for not playing him and putting in Smith

Old
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
qc

vCash: 69
Hossa was cleared by doctors to play, right?

Closed Thread