HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 10:04 PM
crt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox1001 View Post
Speculation serves no one? What kind of fun is that?
Jesus ****ing Christ, just let it go, dude.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
King King
Lord of Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdrewc View Post
I honestly think no one would have a problem with Marchand if he were on their team. The fact that he gets underneath everyone else's skin is what bothers them. He's doing his job, apparently very well.
Bingo. He's great on the PK, always seems to perform well in the playoffs, and might be the best agitator in the league. He led the Bruins in goals and points this season too, so he's a lot more than just a pest.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:12 PM
northeastern

Quote:
How's the weather up there in Boston sure do miss it?
I got to work and it was 60 out. I left work and it was 60 and raining like hell with flood warnings in effect. I hear it was nice during the day though high 70s but I didn't see or feel it...

been like that for the last two days...

hoping for no rain tomorrow so I can walk around the garden a little before I head into the game. soak it all in.

tomorrow is a huge game. huge. so go bs.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
bosox1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Jesus ****ing Christ, just let it go, dude.
I will never stop speculating, just consider me the Marchand of these forums besides, I find that more fun than, say, certain posts above me saying "Game 4 is huge," as if it takes much speculation or analysis to say being up 3-1 or tied 2-2 makes a huge difference.

I'm hoping for better hockey talk than that but here's my contribution along those lines then, if that's what we'd prefer.... Game 5 will be huge because maybe the Bruins can clinch or the Hawks can take the series lead. And I bet Game 6, if necessary, would probably be huge too, though I am just speculating now.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:26 PM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

Quote:
Is Hossa's definitely back for game 4, any new news, is there talk of shaking up some lines? Lets just move on with relevant issues.

Coach Joel Quenneville wouldn't reveal the nature of Hossa's injury or when it occurred, but he did shed light on the veteran's status for Wednesday night's Game 4 at TD Garden.

"I'm going to say (Hossa's) likely to play," Quenneville said.

That's all we know about whether Hossa will play. Nothing about lines. Maybe will know more after morning skate tomorrow if they're sticking with Stalberg for Game 4 or shuffling things further.

eta:

And at the risk of stirring up the old ish from before we have this from Bickell's NHL.com blog.

First with Hossa, we knew earlier in the day that he could be a game-time decision, but he took warmups and skated all the way through like he was going to play. But, Hossa came into the room about 10 minutes before we were going on the ice and addressed the team, basically telling us that he was sorry, but he didn't feel he could be an effective player for us Monday night because of his injury.

No, I'm not revealing his injury, by the way.

He said he needs a couple of extra days to make it better so he can be an effective player. And, I've got to hand it to Smitty, Ben Smith, for going in without having skated in warmups and playing a good game. He just hopped in there and did his job. I know Hossa didn't want to sit that game out, that much was clear, but we've gotta give it to Smitty because he played well.

I also am curious about this part of Bickell's blog...

And, for my incident with Chara, I almost scored right before that. I hit the post and it went out, and then it was just a battle in front of the net between the two of us. We're two big guys, but clearly he's got the height and the weight advantage. I'll give that to him, but we're just battling out there. It's going to happen.

There were a couple of cross checks, back and forth. It was just a one-on-one battle getting position in front of the net with about 20 seconds left in the game. Both teams want to win and they're going to do whatever it takes to do so.

To be honest, though, we have to show them more of that and more fire on the ice, on the bench in Game 4. We just have to be better.

Guess they are looking to use the fight at the end as a spark for Game 4.

Last edited by hisgirlfriday: 06-18-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old
06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Smokey McCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
this thread is for closers, vancouver fan.
What? Our fans closed that series with authority. The team, not so much. Anyways, let's go Boston! Chicago sucks! You know who I like? This guy Marchand, how awesome is he? And Claude Julien, definitely one of the best coaches anywhere in the game. Screw the Blackhawks, that's what I say.

Oh and by "with authority" I mean that our fans and the authorities were in close proximity to one another.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:08 AM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
What? Our fans closed that series with authority. The team, not so much. Anyways, let's go Boston! Chicago sucks! You know who I like? This guy Marchand, how awesome is he? And Claude Julien, definitely one of the best coaches anywhere in the game. Screw the Blackhawks, that's what I say.

Oh and by "with authority" I mean that our fans and the authorities were in close proximity to one another.
Lol, what authorities?

Old
06-19-2013, 04:13 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post

...I also am curious about this part of Bickell's blog...

And, for my incident with Chara, I almost scored right before that. I hit the post and it went out, and then it was just a battle in front of the net between the two of us. We're two big guys, but clearly he's got the height and the weight advantage. I'll give that to him, but we're just battling out there. It's going to happen.

There were a couple of cross checks, back and forth. It was just a one-on-one battle getting position in front of the net with about 20 seconds left in the game. Both teams want to win and they're going to do whatever it takes to do so.

To be honest, though, we have to show them more of that and more fire on the ice, on the bench in Game 4. We just have to be better.

Guess they are looking to use the fight at the end as a spark for Game 4.
This shows Bikell's a standup guy. He ain't some parrot who complains to make his fellow player look bad or to discredit the officials, or the game. It was a minor hockey scrum and that is all.

Game 3, Chicago was a weak, disjointed, shadowed version of what we're used to seeing, kinda like the temporary meltdown against the DRW. Let's just say it was Boston's night! A big part of that was missing Hossa. The Blackhawks better play with a whole new attitude and identity for game 4. If I was coach Q I'd say " Guy's, there are police and medical personnel on site...do not be afraid to die."

Old
06-19-2013, 04:26 AM
apricissimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh View Post
Lol, what authorities?
The kinds with batons and tear gas?

Old
06-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox1001 View Post
No one is criticizing Hossa for not playing. I cannot stress this enough. People are questioning how it played out. if Chara laid a hit on him and he woke up the next day sore as hell, why wouldn't he say this to the coach? Or if he did inform the coach, why wouldn't he have potential replacements on the ice during warm ups to ensure they have the guy they want and he looks ready to go? Why would they intentionally wait until the last minute to get it done?

There are only three options here:

1) Unprofessional behavior on the part of Hossa for not telling his coach or doctors about this injury until last minute.

2) Poor coaching by Quenneville to knowingly not have a replacement for Hossa on the ice when there was a distinct possibility that he wouldn't be able to go, and failing to inform the players that they'd be playing with someone else until last minute.

3) Everyone is lying and the injury really only manifested itself last minute, but they'd rather deny that and make themselves all look bad for no reason at all.

What would be the other option here?
Tony Amonte is that you?

Old
06-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hossa played injured before and in Game 2 he was worse than usual. I think it already affected his play there

Old
06-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Bill Burr moved to LA so I literally have no reason left to respect Boston. Time for Chicago to take over.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
TCL40

Quote:
I honestly think no one would have a problem with Marchand if he were on their team. The fact that he gets underneath everyone else's skin is what bothers them. He's doing his job, apparently very well.
I am positive I would hate Marchand if he played for another team-much like I hate Hartnell but think he would look great in a spokes B.

For Chicago fans-is there a good reason Quenneville won't play Kane on Toews' line? Seems like they have always made each other better and separating them makes no sense to me but I confess I haven't watched the majority of Hawks games outside of the post season games I have caught.

I am curious to see what adjustments are made for tonight and I see the Hawks coming out hard tonight looking to tie up the series.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Who's reffing tonight?

Old
06-19-2013, 09:11 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Who's reffing tonight?
It doesn't matter

Old
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It doesn't matter
If you don't care or know the answer, then just ignore the damn question.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Game 3's loss has been lingering for almost two days now. I really hope the Hawks are able to redeem themselves. This is really it for them.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Jdrewc

Quote:
I believe he meant it won't matter, the riffing has sucked all year and will continue to.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Jdrewc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Game 3's loss has been lingering for almost two days now. I really hope the Hawks are able to redeem themselves. This is really it for them.
As Bickell said their treating this like do or die and quite frankly, they need to. If Boston goes up two on Chicago it's only going to be Die. Boston is an amazing shut down team and will be able to grind out 1 more win before Chicago can get 2, nevermind 3.The hawks are a great team but I don't believe they've seen a team of the same caliber as Boston this year. Underestimation on either side of the coin w ill turn this series around quick. I believe Both sides know this now.

That being said, Chicago is really gonna need to come out with some sustained intensity tonight!

Old
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
The brakes, pump them.

Quote:
I believe he meant it won't matter, the riffing has sucked all year and will continue to.
Pretty much. Bruins should stick to their plan and their style and they'll be fine. No sense concerning yourselves with the officials, not until they start carrying sticks and shooting pucks anyway.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
featherhawk

Quote:
if that is what he meant, that is what he should have wrote...

Old
06-19-2013, 09:49 AM
apricissimus

Quote:
As Bickell said their treating this like do or die and quite frankly, they need to. If Boston goes up two on Chicago it's only going to be Die. Boston is an amazing shut down team and will be able to grind out 1 more win before Chicago can get 2, nevermind 3.The hawks are a great team but I don't believe they've seen a team of the same caliber as Boston this year. Underestimation on either side of the coin w ill turn this series around quick. I believe Both sides know this now.

That being said, Chicago is really gonna need to come out with some sustained intensity tonight!
In regards to the bolded above, the Bruins have actually been maddeningly frustrating this year with the way they let teams come back in the third period when they have the lead. And lets not forget the difficulty they had closing out the Leafs.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:50 AM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
good luck improving your face off % when you have to face a guy like Bergeron again.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Jdrewc

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherhawk View Post
if that is what he meant, that is what he should have wrote...
I suppose I should speak for anyone else here but at least that's the way I took it. It does seem as though the refs turn a blind eye to the play. I all honesty though thy leave more room for teams to do what ever their going to do to get the job done, which lets face, is what teams do in he playoffs. It really forces the game to come down to which team is the best.

Although it always opens the door for..... You never would have won if you didn't cheat to get there, rant you know the loser will jump on.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
The brakes, pump them.

Pretty much. Bruins should stick to their plan and their style and they'll be fine. No sense concerning yourselves with the officials, not until they start carrying sticks and shooting pucks anyway.
My brakes are pumped. I just get annoyed when someone responds to questions with "who cares?" "doesn't matter" "why are you concerned with...?" It's simply counterproductive.

Now If I said "I wonder who the refs are because this game's outcome will be determined by officiating" then your substantive reply would be a lot more fitting.

Closed Thread