HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stanley Cup Final: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (4) Boston Bruins Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 11:55 PM
N o o d l e s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BollandRocks View Post
Waaaaaaah. The diving call on Handzus was weak. The missed cross-check to Shaw should have been called. And the goal in Game 2 should have counted. I don't care. My team is up 3-2 and I hope they score more goals on calls that Boston fans can whine about. It's so ridiculous to suggest that the missed tripping call would have not only resulted in a tying goal for the Bruins but apaprently a game win, too. Waaaaah. Play better next time so you don't need calls to win games. That's what the Hawks did after Game 2's blatant missed goal.

Whatever. You deserved to lose because you didn't play well enough to win. the rest is just a fan being bitter. Somehow you'll blame the Bergeron injury on "Chicago ice" or some other lame garbage next.

So then you agree there shouldn't have been any calls made on that play, right?

Old
06-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

This series was going 7 no matter what happened.

Bruins will win on Monday and then 50/50 game 7.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Probably because your "posts" are pretty biased. Not as bad as a few other Bruins fans in here, but you're definitely baby-ing it up. Waaaaah.
Please. I haven't cried about anything. Stop fabricating.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Carl Soderberg w/ my favorite 'shut down the interviews' leave-line of the playoffs: "I have to go and shower now." #Bruins
http://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/348649953163345920

Old
bills44

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Ya cause a Canucks fan chiming in called a Bruins player dirty has nothing to do with bias.
one of your brethren called anyone who disagreed with him in the GDT "biased". He has a bit of an persecution complex, I think.

Old
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
A guy lifting his stick and another diving like he got shot.
No more Sam Adams for you...Hawks beat the Broons, handle it.

Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
Understandable. Since I assume that you watched the game, you can probably point out maybe "half a dozen" instances tonight where a player was deliberately cross-checked in the face? Just the players involved will suffice.

This was not someone "shoving" another player, and his stick riding up. This was deliberate. Look at his ****ing arm motion... My point is that you are RIDICULOUS. Yes, guys shove each other and sometimes sticks come up. This...was not that. This was an idiot deliberately cross-checking someone in the face.
I can't find any instances of guys getting cross checked in the face cuz that's not what I described. Relax. I said guys are shoving each other in front of the net, almost always after whistles, and often up high. You agree on that.

We disagree on what McQuaid did. It's fine. Everything will be OK.

Quote:
Waaaaaaah. The diving call on Handzus was weak. The missed cross-check to Shaw should have been called. And the goal in Game 2 should have counted. I don't care. My team is up 3-2 and I hope they score more goals on calls that Boston fans can whine about. It's so ridiculous to suggest that the missed tripping call would have not only resulted in a tying goal for the Bruins but apaprently a game win, too. Waaaaah. Play better next time so you don't need calls to win games. That's what the Hawks did after Game 2's blatant missed goal.

Whatever. You deserved to lose because you didn't play well enough to win. the rest is just a fan being bitter. Somehow you'll blame the Bergeron injury on "Chicago ice" or some other lame garbage next.
Handzus grabbed Hortons stick and leaped forward. That's a dive. They called that one correctly for both guys.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
BollandRocks*

Quote:

So then you agree there shouldn't have been any calls made on that play, right?
I would have been perfectly fine with a no-call but Handzus certainly didn't do anything. He got hooked. Whatever. It's hockey. I just don't like that Handzus was called for diving because he didn't.. though I've been seeing posts from you and it's guys like you that make me hope the Hawks win on a super questionable penalty shot that rips your hearts out

Old
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
DoubleDouble*

vCash: 860
I just took my dogs for a walk. Anyone know where I can find Julien's postgame?

Old
06-22-2013, 11:59 PM
sedins2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftans22 View Post
1. You are ******** over Chicago dominating you in the playoffs
2. You are ******** over getting destroyed and humiliated in the finals in 2011 by the Bruins
3. These are facts

This is an open forum I will do whatever I please.
1. Last time we played Chicago in the PO's we beat them.
2. Going to game 7 isn't destroyed. You just use that word to make yourself sound better then you were. I would say you destroyed Pittstburg, but not Vancouver.
3. You have no idea how much I am enjoying watching Bruins fans cry about reffing.

Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
Maybe they did and they just got beat. It happens. It's not like it's easy to win a SCF game.
I'm not going to lie, I don't even remember what I thought about game 4 Too much going on personally, and these games take a lot out of me. Tonight I think the Bruins could have had a much better effort for much of the game. Chicago was the much better team.

Old
HawkinMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Handzus grabbed Hortons stick and leaped forward. That's a dive. They called that one correctly for both guys.
It was a pretty stupid dive, too. There was a 2-on-1 that had already developed. It would've been tough, but he still could've made the play if he wasn't lying on his stomach. Pointless penalty for a worse result than what may have happened.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:00 AM
BollandRocks*

Quote:
Clean play by Frolik then to play the puck in the air and make a rookie fall down at the end of the game. Fair non-call on both sides. Good game. Hawks win.

You can have your rose-colored glasses back now.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Ya cause a Canucks fan chiming in called a Bruins player dirty has nothing to do with bias.
You're right about that. No bias needed, it's an obvious observation for fans of any team.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedins2233 View Post
1. Actually it was LA who beat us, nice try though. And last time we played Chicago in the PO's we beat them.
2. Going to game 7 isn't destroyed. You just use that word to make yourself sound better then you were. I would say you destroyed Pittstburg, but not Vancouver.
3. You have no idea how much I am enjoying watching Bruins fans cry about reffing.
1. It doesn't matter how much you enjoy Bruins fans cry about reffing
2. We can just rewatch Games 6 and 7 of 2011 Cup Final
3. Do you realize how silly you look by typing things out like this yet

Old
06-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Quote:
I can't find any instances of guys getting cross checked in the face cuz that's not what I described. Relax. I said guys are shoving each other in front of the net, almost always after whistles, and often up high. You agree on that.

We disagree on what McQuaid did. It's fine. Everything will be OK.

What, exactly, did McQuaid do there, if not crosscheck him in the head?

Old
06-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Fred Murtz

NBC Sports Post Game Report part 1

Old
N o o d l e s

Quote:
I would have been perfectly fine with a no-call but Handzus certainly didn't do anything. He got hooked. Whatever. It's hockey. I just don't like that Handzus was called for diving because he didn't.. though I've been seeing posts from you and it's guys like you that make me hope the Hawks win on a super questionable penalty shot that rips your hearts out
He went down REAL easy. Whatever, good for you, but I think you guys have already gotten your penalty shot on a questionable call for the playoffs.

Old
danpantz

Quote:
Clean play by Frolik then to play the puck in the air and make a rookie fall down at the end of the game. Fair non-call on both sides. Good game. Hawks win.

Or you could read the blackhawks fan post above you and take off your rose-colored glasses.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:03 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
It was a pretty stupid dive, too. There was a 2-on-1 that had already developed. It would've been tough, but he still could've made the play if he wasn't lying on his stomach. Pointless penalty for a worse result than what may have happened.
Quote:

I'm not sure what you're getting at? It's two completely different plays.

Fair non call both sides? No, Handzus WAS called on his dive. They got that one right. Actually a fellow Chicago fan above agrees as well. It was very bad and very obvious.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:05 AM
HawkinMI

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're getting at? It's two completely different plays.

Fair non call both sides? No, Handzus WAS called on his dive. They got that one right. Actually a fellow Chicago fan above agrees as well. It was very bad and very obvious.
I usually don't complain about players diving because so many of them do it, but Handzus did it when his own team had a scoring chance. Are you kidding me?

Old
rtr1105
1995 2000 2003

My favorite hockey team is not good enough to win the Stanley Cup. Therefore, I will make excuses for this by blaming their losses on the officiating. But if others felt that the officiating was benefitting my team, I would just shrug it off and say that it is playoff hockey and they need to let them play.

Old
BollandRocks*

Quote:
Of COURSE they got it right because it didn't result in a Chicago power play. Why else would YOU think they called it right? Whatever. hawks won a game they deserved to win and our forwards are finally starting to get into the heads of the Boston D-men.

And nothing makes me happier than watching Marchand turn into a non-factor. He'll be even less than nothing with no Bergeron.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:06 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Of COURSE they got it right because it didn't result in a Chicago power play. Why else would YOU think they called it right? Whatever. hawks won a game they deserved to win and our forwards are finally starting to get into the heads of the Boston D-men.

And nothing makes me happier than watching Marchand turn into a non-factor. He'll be even less than nothing with no Bergeron.

You're going up against even your own fan base in this one.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

The only reason crying about officiating keeps getting brought up is more and more people keep saying it's happening.

Not a single post in the past couple pages from a B's fan has been crying about calls.

Closed Thread