HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pietrangelo Offer Sheet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2013, 01:26 AM
  #1
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Pietrangelo Offer Sheet

We tried this last year with Weber and it took until the final day for Nashville to match our offer.

With Shattenkirk and Piets both RFA's in a few weeks, if say Paul Holmgren were to offer an 8 year 8 mil. per season contract, would STL match?

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:27 AM
  #2
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,049
vCash: 1666
I think it would have to be in the 9-10m range before St. Louis even considers letting him walk. Basically, a really stupid amount of money.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:28 AM
  #3
nazembiggs*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Match anything, then offer Giroux 9 million a year for 8 years for some revenge.

nazembiggs* is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:29 AM
  #4
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
I almost hope Philly offers something stupid to Shattenkirk.

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:29 AM
  #5
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure that St. Louis would match any possible offer sheet for Pietrangelo, they essentially have to. I could see it making more sense to throw a ridiculous offer at Shattenkirk considering the Blues will have to re-sign both of them and if the Flyers throw a stupid amount of money at Shattenkirk it could become more difficult for STL to retain them both, although I am sure they could find a way to make it work.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:32 AM
  #6
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,596
vCash: 500
Right Phillys going to give Shattenkirk $8 mill and then pay Streit $5.5m-6.0m Sure like to know where there coming up with all this money, Buy out of both Briere and Bryz and putting Pronger on LTIR will only go so far.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:33 AM
  #7
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
I wouldnt be surprised if either were to occur, I would just prefer it be Piets.

From what I have heard both Briere and Bryzgalov will be bought out and Meszaros looks like he will be moved for a draft pick. Add in the fact that Pronger will be put on LTIR, seems like we should have roughly 20 mil. to work with this off season.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:33 AM
  #8
Trends Analyst
Squirrel!
 
Trends Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Match anything, then offer Giroux 9 million a year for 8 years for some revenge.
..but Giroux still has a year left on his deal.

"We'll get you next summer!! (If you dont sign that guy!)"

Trends Analyst is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  #9
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Right Phillys going to give Shattenkirk $8 mill and then pay Streit $5.5m-6.0m Sure like to know where there coming up with all this money, Buy out of both Briere and Bryz and putting Pronger on LTIR will only go so far.
Also, theoretically if this were to happen, Coburn would be made expendable, and I am sure there are a number of teams (NYI, EDM, CGY etc.) that would be in the market for a Dman of his calibur.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  #10
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if either were to occur, I would just prefer it be Piets.

From what I have heard both Briere and Bryzgalov will be bought out and Meszaros looks like he will be moved for a draft pick. Add in the fact that Pronger will be put on LTIR, seems like we should have roughly 20 mil. to work with this off season.
Can your team operate and keep everyone, even after the buyouts, if they signed him for $80 million?

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  #11
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
..but Giroux still has a year left on his deal.

"We'll get you next summer!! (If you dont sign that guy!)"

Not to mention Homer and G's agent have already begun extension talks.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:37 AM
  #12
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Can your team operate and keep everyone, even after the buyouts, if they signed him for $80 million?
Of course, we are one of the richest teams in the sport. We have outrageous ticket prices and have had a 100% sell out rating in all but 1 season in the past 2 decades. Not to mention Snider has stupid amounts of money.

Also, we only owe Briere 2 mil. his contract was heavily front loaded.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:53 AM
  #13
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I almost hope Philly offers something stupid to Shattenkirk.
Haha same. If they give him an outrageous offer they will only hurt themselves.

The chances of them getting Pietrangelo are literally in the negatives. The Blues would instantly match anything.

I just can't wait until we get these two signed and Philly gets neither. Anyone with common sense knows that's what will happen but the reaction of the few delusionals who think Philly will actually get them will be funny.

BlueDream is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:54 AM
  #14
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen
 
iFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Blues will match any realistically offer, no way a team will get as a RFA and I really don't see them trading him.

iFan is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:59 AM
  #15
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,049
vCash: 1666
Not a Flyers fan, but playing around on capgeek I got this:

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jason Akeson ($0.900m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Tye McGinn ($0.775m)
Scott Laughton ($1.107m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Alex Pietrangelo ($10.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Mark Streit ($5.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.613m) /
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,879,167; BONUSES: $2,960,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,380,833
Leaves around 6m to sign a replacement for Bryzgalov and possibly upgrade the top-6. Of course, when Giroux's extension kicks in the following year, well...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 01:59 AM
  #16
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Haha same. If they give him an outrageous offer they will only hurt themselves.

The chances of them getting Pietrangelo are literally in the negatives. The Blues would instantly match anything.

I just can't wait until we get these two signed and Philly gets neither. Anyone with common sense knows that's what will happen but the reaction of the few delusionals who think Philly will actually get them will be funny.
Im not being delusional sir, I simply asked if your gm would match any offer. I know our GM well, and he clearly doesnt give a **** about his relationship with other teams GM's, and I could most def. see him throwing an offer sheet at either of your dmen.

I am not saying we will get him or Shattenkirk, I would welcome either though.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 02:03 AM
  #17
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Im not being delusional sir, I simply asked if your gm would match any offer. I know our GM well, and he clearly doesnt give a **** about his relationship with other teams GM's, and I could most def. see him throwing an offer sheet at either of your dmen.

I am not saying we will get him or Shattenkirk, I would welcome either though.
Philly wont get either I am pretty sure that is why you guys traded for Strait. Because your GM knows offer sheets never work. Also wouldn't Philly be limited to a 7 year contract while the Blues can offer 8?

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 02:04 AM
  #18
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Philly wont get either I am pretty sure that is why you guys traded for Strait. Because your GM knows offer sheets never work. Also wouldn't Philly be limited to a 7 year contract while the Blues can offer 8?
I wasnt exactly sure how the new CBA worked in regards to contract length.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 02:30 AM
  #19
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 12,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think it would have to be in the 9-10m range before St. Louis even considers letting him walk. Basically, a really stupid amount of money.
hey, holmgren's got a lot of this

MasterDecoy is online now  
Old
06-17-2013, 02:37 AM
  #20
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,339
vCash: 380
Well for one, you could only offer 7 years max and yes the Blues will match an 8 mil a year offer.

Dolph Ziggler is online now  
Old
06-17-2013, 03:03 AM
  #21
Wiqkid*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
You really got to make this thread? All its going to do is cause STL fans to get angry and rip on the Flyers front office and defense. Then everyone is going to say that other teams are going to offersheet Giroux, Schenn, Couturier for REVENGE! And that STL will never make a trade with Philly after! oh noz

Wiqkid* is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 03:10 AM
  #22
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 544
I'd be more worried about Feaster than Holmgren.

CB Joe is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 03:16 AM
  #23
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 33,451
vCash: 50
You probably have a bigger chance of being successful with an offer sheet for Shattenkirk than for Pietrangelo.

Freudian is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 03:20 AM
  #24
Wiqkid*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I'd be more worried about Feaster than Holmgren.
This. I hope that idiot offers Pietro 10m/year

Wiqkid* is offline  
Old
06-17-2013, 03:23 AM
  #25
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
We tried this last year with Weber and it took until the final day for Nashville to match our offer.

With Shattenkirk and Piets both RFA's in a few weeks, if say Paul Holmgren were to offer an 8 year 8 mil. per season contract, would STL match?
That seems like something Holmgren would do.

New CBA.......

Quote:
The maximum length of future player contracts is seven years, or eight years for players remaining with current teams.

Avs_19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.