HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Johnny Boychuk To the Flyers.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:00 PM
laforest
R.I.P Buster

vCash: 500
Johnny Boychuk To the Flyers.

The Flyers defense is obviously a weak point, would love to know, what would it take to get Boychuk in a Flyers uniform?

laforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Flyersguru

Flyers projected starting 6:

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Schenn
Grossmann-Gustafsson
Gervais

Meszaros traded....

Why overpay for Boychuk?

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:08 PM
laforest
R.I.P Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Schenn
Grossmann-Gustafsson
Gervais

Meszaros traded....

Why overpay for Boychuk?
Ehh i guess you're right. Maybe just a personal want.

laforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

The Bruins are fine with keeping Boychuk. I doubt they want to help Philadelphia out at all.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:22 PM
duffy9748

Boychuk is a good player but I don't think he is what the Flyers need.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Id take him. Cant think of what it would take though.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Id take him. Cant think of what it would take though.
The Bruins woud want an upgrade at RW. It wouldn't be Read either. Vorachek or Simmonds. Of course the Bruins would add to Boychuk, but then again they don't really need to trade Boychuk in the first place. I don't think this would interest Philly, so there's probably no deal to be had here.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:51 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
The Bruins woud want an upgrade at RW. It wouldn't be Read either. Vorachek or Simmonds. Of course the Bruins would add to Boychuk, but then again they don't really need to trade Boychuk in the first place. I don't think this would interest Philly, so there's probably no deal to be had here.
I wouldnt trade any of those 3 players for Boychuk, I dont care how much you are adding in the case of Voracek and Simmonds lol

Old
06-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
I wouldnt trade any of those 3 players for Boychuk, I dont care how much you are adding in the case of Voracek and Simmonds lol
Like I mentioned .

Old
06-16-2013, 04:20 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I wouldn't trade Boychuk to anyone if I was the Bruins. He is a big game player and he can play top line minutes. He is a great #3 defenseman and it would have to be an upgrade on him to get me to move him.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:22 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
You're definitely right, I think that's what it would take to get a deal done. Obviously the Bruins would be adding some good pieces along with Boychuk, but the Flyers aren't going to pay what it would take and the Bruins probably aren't dealing Boychuk to Philly without getting something quality back.

Quote:
Can't blame you, I'd feel the same way if I were a Flyers fan. There's probably just not a deal to be had between Boston and Philly for Johnny B.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Dr Quincy

Don't know if Flyers fans are watching, but Boychuk has been fantastic in these playoffs, and I've never been a big fan of his. I thought he was completely expendable. I was wrong. He's easily been a better defender than Seidenberg in this run.

I wouldn't deal him for Simmonds (not saying Philly would do that either) just because it opens up a huge hole on D.

Just can't see the B's trading a playoff warrior like JB.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

Boychuk plays on the first pairing and can play great minutes. Terrific defensively, hell of a shot, and is physical. Gonna take overpayment. Don't think the flyers will want to do that, much more options for much less.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersguru View Post

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Schenn
Grossmann-Gustafsson
Gervais

Meszaros traded....

Why overpay for Boychuk?
Cause you would like a legitimate 2-3 d-man to join your group of 4&5 types?

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:40 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Cause you would like a legitimate 2-3 d-man to join your group of 4&5 types?
The problem there isn't the caliber of D (you're selling them short as "4/5"s) it's that they're much more defensive guys then puck movers. Boychuk's a good player, but a bad fit.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
The problem there isn't the caliber of D (you're selling them short as "4/5"s) it's that they're much more defensive guys then puck movers. Boychuk's a good player, but a bad fit.
Ya fair enough. A couple of them are 2 or 3.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:01 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
I'd cough up Read and a mid-round pick for Johnny B, although I'd prefer Read to be included for Bernier. That would set the Flyers offense back a tad to help solidify the future goaltending position, so IDK if giving up Simmonds for Boychuk and a minor + would help more than it'd hurt...and this is coming from a huge Boychuk fan.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Bruins1726

Shayne Gostisbehere

Bruins1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:25 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'd cough up Read and a mid-round pick for Johnny B, although I'd prefer Read to be included for Bernier. That would set the Flyers offense back a tad to help solidify the future goaltending position, so IDK if giving up Simmonds for Boychuk and a minor + would help more than it'd hurt...and this is coming from a huge Boychuk fan.
Simmonds wont be traded, especially not for a deal with the main piece being Johnny Boychuk...Not ragging on Boychuk, but thats like us saying well trade you Coburn for Lucic....just no

Old
06-17-2013, 01:11 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Simmonds wont be traded, especially not for a deal with the main piece being Johnny Boychuk...Not ragging on Boychuk, but thats like us saying well trade you Coburn for Lucic....just no
Simmonds, like Read, is much more tradeable than HF Flyers fans realize and want to admit. Either way, I already said above that none of the pieces would work out for Johnny B because Briere is getting bought out, and Read may head to LA for Bernier...= too much offense lost without replacements coming in.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Who is going to fill Simmonds role if he's traded for a goalie or a defensmen? And why would Holmgren give up a good, young player who he just signed to a six year, cap-friendly deal?

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 07:53 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Simmonds, like Read, is much more tradeable than HF Flyers fans realize and want to admit. Either way, I already said above that none of the pieces would work out for Johnny B because Briere is getting bought out, and Read may head to LA for Bernier...= too much offense lost without replacements coming in.
Simmonds is the least tradable player besides Giroux, Timonen and maybe Voracek...Not sure what you are talking about lol.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:10 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I don't think that works for Boston. I don't see them going into next season with half of their defense having under a full season in the NHL between them. They are good, but I don't think you are going to see any contender turn over half of the defense to such young and inexperienced players. I also think trading Boychuk doesn't make a lot of sense unless they are upgrading his position regardless of what some Bruins fans will tell us.

I also don't expect anyone to offer an upgrade on Boychuk for what Boston would offer.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Simmonds is the least tradable player besides Giroux, Timonen and maybe Voracek...Not sure what you are talking about lol.

Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds in that order are the most "untouchable" Flyers players, and maybe aside from Read, probably the most asked about. Simmonds is much more expendable than he's made out to be.

As usual, HF fans overrating their players. Should he be traded? No...Flyers should chill with overhauling the roster every year. Can he be? Totally.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:10 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Sorry Philly, he's coming to the Oilers

duul is offline   Reply With Quote