HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1438455

Old
02-07-2014, 08:12 AM
BoxerMax

I find it funny that no one is mentioning anything about DeAngelo. Does anybody know exactly what is going on?

Old
02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Schlerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I find it funny that no one is mentioning anything about DeAngelo. Does anybody know exactly what is going on?
- wish I knew. not on eastern roadie so something's up. lots of noise happening though, team for sale then not for sale etc etc; currently an unstable scenario all round, must have some sort of impact on coaches and players. don't know if there's a connection but who knows..

Old
02-07-2014, 09:42 AM
hardoil3232

Quote:
sting should have traded him for draft picks before the trading dead line

Old
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
bobbygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
sting should have traded him for draft picks before the trading dead line
Got to believe his NHL draft stock is plummeting with these kind of disciplinary issues. There are a bunch of NHL organizations that won't even touch a guy if they figure he's got disciplinary problems. Real bad time for him to be pulling this stuff.

Old
02-07-2014, 11:43 AM
fanofdo

Interesting discussion on the Sarnia sale on another board, mostly from non Sarnia people.... http://www.thenoof.com/forum/viewtop...717139#p717139

Old
02-07-2014, 11:44 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
Got to believe his NHL draft stock is plummeting with these kind of disciplinary issues. There are a bunch of NHL organizations that won't even touch a guy if they figure he's got disciplinary problems. Real bad time for him to be pulling this stuff.
Agreed - but seeing Dan Carcillo in the NHL makes you believe some teams are willing to look past it.

Old
02-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Greatger
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
Interesting discussion on the Sarnia sale on another board, mostly from non Sarnia people.... http://www.thenoof.com/forum/viewtop...717139#p717139
its too bad that "other board" is not accepting any North Bay fans. I take what's said on there with a grain of salt.

Old
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
fanofdo

Another set of posts questioning the Sting's lack of ability to field a full team....

http://www.thenoof.com/forum/viewtop...9dab33c0d20724

Interesting how most of the fans from the rest of the league view Sarnia. Some calling for the league to step in.

Old
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Another set of posts questioning the Sting's lack of ability to field a full team....

Interesting how most of the fans from the rest of the league view Sarnia. Some calling for the league to step in.
Having multiple injuries and suspensions kind of make it hard to ice a full roster. Glad the Sting aren't hurting the Jr B teams by making them short players as they try to position themselves for the playoffs.

Old
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Having multiple injuries and suspensions kind of make it hard to ice a full roster. Glad the Sting aren't hurting the Jr B teams by making them short players as they try to position themselves for the playoffs.
As another poster said, the rest of the league has injuries also. Seriously, read the posts. Most of these posters have been active on boards for a long time. Their assessment is that the organization needs a change in ownership.

On one level I admire your loyalty - doesn't last long though. Look at the facts. Sarnia fans might want to pay for a pathetic product on the ice, but as someone pointed out, other teams don't want to see that dribble on their ice.

Old
02-07-2014, 09:39 PM
bobber

Quote:
I don't buy the Junior B theory. Rangers call up players from the Dutchies and it has no effect on their squad. They simply play in both leagues. Sarnia played 15 players again tonight. Looks very suspicious in my book.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:05 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
As another poster said, the rest of the league has injuries also. Seriously, read the posts. Most of these posters have been active on boards for a long time. Their assessment is that the organization needs a change in ownership.

On one level I admire your loyalty - doesn't last long though. Look at the facts. Sarnia fans might want to pay for a pathetic product on the ice, but as someone pointed out, other teams don't want to see that dribble on their ice.
As you have said in the past. Please back up that post. Who could the Sting call up to fill the roster at this point in the season?

Old
02-08-2014, 01:09 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
I don't buy the Junior B theory. Rangers call up players from the Dutchies and it has no effect on their squad. They simply play in both leagues. Sarnia played 15 players again tonight. Looks very suspicious in my book.
The Dutchies are in a league of their own right now in their conference. The problem with the Sting calls ups is both teams they use players from are in tight playoff races. And both teams are playing this weekend. If the Sting were at home, I am sure they would have used one or two call ups.

They had 15 skaters tonight, and will have at least 16 tomorrow night.

Old
02-08-2014, 07:26 AM
bobber

Quote:
The Dutchies are in a league of their own right now in their conference. The problem with the Sting calls ups is both teams they use players from are in tight playoff races. And both teams are playing this weekend. If the Sting were at home, I am sure they would have used one or two call ups.

They had 15 skaters tonight, and will have at least 16 tomorrow night.
Boxer the point is the Sting is the only team in the league not carrying a full roster at the moment. The Rangers called up B players from the Dutchies even when they were trying to break the record for win streaks held by Stratford. They also called up two players from Tier 2 recently. Every team has players missing. Oshawa played in Ktown last night. They had suspensions from the night before and had six rookies in the line up. Other teams manage to fill their rosters at this time of year but the Sting just cannot seem to manage that for some mysterious reason?

Old
02-08-2014, 07:33 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Boxer the point is the Sting is the only team in the league not carrying a full roster at the moment. The Rangers called up B players from the Dutchies even when they were trying to break the record for win streaks held by Stratford. They also called up two players from Tier 2 recently. Every team has players missing. Oshawa played in Ktown last night. They had suspensions from the night before and had six rookies in the line up. Other teams manage to fill their rosters at this time of year but the Sting just cannot seem to manage that for some mysterious reason?
Bobber stop being negative. We have bad luck here in Sarnia, the world is picking on us. Back your post up - give us names of who you would call up.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:57 AM
bobber

Quote:
Bobber stop being negative. We have bad luck here in Sarnia, the world is picking on us. Back your post up - give us names of who you would call up.
Sorry shouldn't be ragging on the Sting. Hope the team stays where it is and gets the ownership straightened out. I always liked the name and logo. Would not want that to change.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:02 PM
fan75

Quote:
For almost the entire month of January Kingston was unable to dress 18 skaters. The lowest being last Saturday in Saginaw when they could only dress 15.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:23 PM
jwalk

Quote:

I'm not up to speed on the potential top picks coming into the draft. Is there a big gap between the potential number 1 and the next few picks ? Is this a Stamkos type situation where there is potentially a big advantage in getting the top guy ?

Old
02-09-2014, 07:10 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
I'm not up to speed on the potential top picks coming into the draft. Is there a big gap between the potential number 1 and the next few picks ? Is this a Stamkos type situation where there is potentially a big advantage in getting the top guy ?
Not sure, maybe Dean Youngblood82 will comment. It does seem from reading the prospects posts below, that there are more defence rated in the top few picks than we normally see.

Old
02-09-2014, 07:51 AM
ImaBullsfan

Hey Guys, just a observation from last nights game in Belleville, i was watching Sarnia coach Trevor Letowski during the game and he wasnt talking to the players or getting involved at all. When the time-out came he just stood there with his hand on his chin? and the assistant coach drew up the plays? Is that normal for him? Seemed like the two other coaches were running the bench. Just curious

Old
02-09-2014, 10:17 AM
lazyboy

Yes that is the norm as to how the Sarnia bench is run. During timeouts it is usually Delmore who has the team's attention. During play both assistants diagram out plays for players getting off the ice (especially DiMuzio). The only time Letowski takes an overly active role would during a momentum timeout as opposed to an x and o's timeout. I don't think its a poor reflection on his coaching ability, I think its just the way its delegated. Other teams also employ this time of in game coaching.

Old
02-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Duke Guy

Davis Brown is not playing today as a result of his match slew foot yesterday. What is the typical # of games for this infraction?

Old
02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
mkraayen

Brown got a one game suspension, will be back Thursday vs London. And Jake Chychrun is consensus number one pick.

Old
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Herman the German

Enough with the line balance act,,,play the good players with the good players and hope to heck you put your money on the right colour and you make playoffs. Put all your eggs in one basket and go for broke. Bad weekend, team worked hard but...no wins...good players no points, that tells the story.

Closed Thread