Just like it would of really happened Flames win the Cup

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2005, 12:42 AM
King_Brown

vCash: 500
Just like it would of really happened Flames win the Cup

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10017

We are the Champs of 04/05 after being robbed the year before.

Old
05-31-2005, 02:10 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Brown
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10017

We are the Champs of 04/05 after being robbed the year before.
Keep crying that you got robbed, are you guys going to put a sign up on highway two as well.

Old
05-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Is this supposed to be some kind of a consolation prize or something, a fake Stanley Cup? Are we going to have a fake Stanley Cup parade, and a fake Stanley Cup banner ceremony at the start of next season? Reality is we probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year (and if we would have, we'd have been first or second round knockouts, maybe third.) Can you say one-hit wonder?

GO FLAMES GO!

Old
05-31-2005, 02:24 AM
King_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbites
Is this supposed to be some kind of a consolation prize or something, a fake Stanley Cup? Are we going to have a fake Stanley Cup parade, and a fake Stanley Cup banner ceremony at the start of next season? Reality is we probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year (and if we would have, we'd have been first or second round knockouts, maybe third.) Can you say one-hit wonder?

GO FLAMES GO!
Dumbest post ever.

Old
05-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Badger Bob

We had this up almost six months ago. Where were you guys then?

Old
05-31-2005, 11:19 AM
MainFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbites

GO FLAMES GO!
Dude, that's a little harsh don't you think?

Old
05-31-2005, 12:19 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainFlame
Dude, that's a little harsh don't you think?
Is it harsh?

The guy says we might make not make the playoffs.. or we might make it to the Conference final.

What a moron.

Old
05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
Keep crying that you got robbed, are you guys going to put a sign up on highway two as well.
Yes, a sign seems fitting. Just to make you mad.

Old
05-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Eb0la11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Is it harsh?

The guy says we might make not make the playoffs.. or we might make it to the Conference final.

What a moron.
Well said... Basically this guy was saying that we either could finish dead last or in the top four. Somewhere inbetween... nice call, moron.

Old
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Well I guess if someone were as idiotic enough to match the retarded "city of champions" sign north of us.

Old
05-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11
Basically this guy was saying that we either could finish dead last or in the top four. Somewhere inbetween... nice call, moron.
Where in my post did I say we would finish "dead last" or in the "top four?" I merely said we would be lucky to make the playoffs, and if we did, we could maybe manage to win a couple rounds (just like we did last year.) The Flames are a 6th-10th place team at best (not enough scoring depth beyond Iggy.)

Old
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Well I guess if someone were as idiotic enough to match the retarded "city of champions" sign north of us.
Yeah that is almost funny unlike Calgary we have a history in Edmonton thus that is why we keep our sign around why do you keep that stupid 1988 Olympic sign around ?

Old
05-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Yeah that is almost funny unlike Calgary we have a history in Edmonton thus that is why we keep our sign around why do you keep that stupid 1988 Olympic sign around ?
You mean the one that said "Home of the 1988 Winter Olympics" ?

That is true. City of champions? When was the last time they won something great?

Don't you worry, I understand the dynasties in Edmonton, and admit to the Oilers greatness in the 80's... but that was the 80's. The title for that time would have ment something. Now, its nothing more then a city trying to hold onto its former glory.

PS: I live in Edmonton

Old
05-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Yeah, no kidding. Having up a sign featuring Calgary as the host of the '88 Olympics is fitting; a sign advertising "City of Champions" when the city has won very little in the last 15 years is not.

Until Edmonton hosts the Olympics, Calgary will always be more internationally recognized than Edmonton. It takes a true champion city to be able to host the biggest, most popular event on the face of the planet. Calgary has reached this level.

But I forgot - Edmonton had the Track and Field Championships.

Old
06-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists of Fuhry
Good point, I'm still trying to decide which Flames' board has more jokers on 'em. Why filter thru all the garbage on CalgarySuck.com when you can have the condensed version here.
Garbage on "CalgarySuck", eh? care to explain that one? I would like some examples of why it sucks. Or are you just insinuating that it sucks because some Oiler bashing goes on from time to time? Newsflash buddy, it happens on Oilfans.com as well.

If it isn't about Oiler bashing, then please explain to me how it's any more inferior than other boards.

Quote:
.... King-I'd draft phaneuf before crosby-Brown, Flame's - I'm so in love with Sutter - Draft Watcher... and you... Mr.Mast*rbate-all over phaneuf - don are always good for a laugh.
Good for a laugh, eh? I'd say your posts more appropriately suit that description... especially when you attack other poster's names. Classy.

Quote:
Enjoy your hard earned EA Cup boys.
Make it to the playoffs and get to the the stanley Cup playoffs with your Oilers, then come back and put up.

Until then, shut up.

Old
06-01-2005, 03:42 AM
se7en*

I don't see why we should be bitter about anything against Calgary. But if it makes you feel better to convince yourself otherwise, have at it.

Here is the perception of the "BoA" from most Edmonton sports fans: http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=85

It's not like we're shaking our fists from our jalopy's or whatever car-of-choice Calgarians prefer at your '88 Olympic sign.

FistsOfFuhry—I know the idea of the Flames and Stamps being anything but Alberta's 2a & 2b teams is ridiculous, but tone it down. Don't get worked up and get yourself banned or something.

Last edited by se7en*: 06-01-2005 at 03:50 AM.
Old
06-01-2005, 03:51 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootchie Cootchie
Here is the perception of the "BoA" from most Edmonton sports fans: http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=85
"Most" Edmonton sports fans? That link was just YOU rambling about your perception of the BoA.

Old
06-01-2005, 03:59 AM
se7en*

Well it's certainly not unreasonable to assume. I think this "rivalry" is a joke—it's almost as one-sided as Toronto/Ottawa, in the CFL too. I am not taking anything away from Calgary, but like I said, what did Calgary sports teams do to us to merit any real anger?

Closed Thread