HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Subban (Norris Winner)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
  #26
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Of Bear View Post
Probably the least desirable Norris winner in modern times. Not worth the overpayment it would take to get him
Only to people that have a hate on for him, for whatever reason. When you win the Norris when you are as young as he is? You are highly coveted, rightly so.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
  #27
NHLNUT04
HFBoards Sponsor
 
NHLNUT04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Edmonton need defense really bad. I would trade RNH at this point.

NHLNUT04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:23 PM
  #28
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand View Post
Edmonton need defense really bad. I would trade RNH at this point.
I love RNH, and I suspect he will be a top 5 nhler for a fair while in his career. However, he would have to put up a season as a dominant #1C before the habs would be interested in that trade at all. That's ignoring that they have galchenyuk who they hope will be a #1C.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
  #29
MPStoEberletoHall*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 5,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand View Post
Edmonton need defense really bad. I would trade RNH at this point.
No chance the Oilers do that. I'd do Eberle + Petry + 2014 2nd round pick

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:36 PM
  #30
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,510
vCash: 500
I think both Philly and Toronto would seriously overpay to get Subban.

Toronto is co-owned by media companies - Bell and Rogers and I often watch/listen to HockeyCentral at Noon, which is on Roger's Sportsnet and they have a serious man-crush on all things PK Subban. Heck, they even hired him as an analyst to work there during the lockout last year, plus he's a local boy who's done very well for himself.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  #31
McGreat One
Registered User
 
McGreat One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand View Post
Edmonton need defense really bad. I would trade RNH at this point.
I wouldn't. If we trade RNH to fill a need for defence then we will have a need for a #1 center. Subban had a great season, no doubt, but I'm not willing to trade away our #1 center, who has the potential to become a real star in this league, for a player who had 1 consistent season of putting it all together. That's not saying RNH has more value or that Subban will never have another norris winning season, but until he can show it on a more consistent basis then it's just too risky from an Oiler POV.

McGreat One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
  #32
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I don't really like PK, but he would get a lot in return. I would say a 1st, A young roster player, and a couple of prospects (at least 1 of which is a top 5 prospect.) at least!

Much like Letang, people will say stuff about spotty d-zone play, etc., and that they wouldn't give up much for him. However, Norris winners don't grow on trees, and they hold high value amongst GMs. If traded, he would get a lot back....and those same fans that said they wouldn't give up a lot for him, would change their opinions about his value once he was wearing their team's sweater.
Pretty much this. Except the part about not liking PK

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  #33
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand View Post
Edmonton need defense really bad. I would trade RNH at this point.
you mean straight up?

Habs pass.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  #34
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
No matter what fan say pk was the best dman in the league this year .... And that a fact jake !! He won the Norris and that enough said !!

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  #35
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
I wouldn't. If we trade RNH to fill a need for defence then we will have a need for a #1 center. Subban had a great season, no doubt, but I'm not willing to trade away our #1 center, who has the potential to become a real star in this league, for a player who had 1 consistent season of putting it all together. That's not saying RNH has more value or that Subban will never have another norris winning season, but until he can show it on a more consistent basis then it's just too risky from an Oiler POV.
Thats funny, you saying you would need a norris winner to prove more when RNH has yet to prove anything really....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
  #36
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Thats funny, you saying you would need a norris winner to prove more when RNH has yet to prove anything really....
You could go back and forth all day like this. Subban won the Norris yes, in a shortened season where he played at a much higher level than he ever has before. RNH hasn't proved much, but he has had one of the best rookie seasons in a long time.

Subban is certainly more valuable now, but I expect when all is said and done RNH will be markedly superior. That's my opinion, but Hopkins has an incredible skillset, and has only been held back by his size. You're welcome to mark this post for future reference.

Once Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov get going together, they'll be unstoppable.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:37 PM
  #37
IceDaddy
Registered User
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
You could go back and forth all day like this. Subban won the Norris yes, in a shortened season where he played at a much higher level than he ever has before. RNH hasn't proved much, but he has had one of the best rookie seasons in a long time.

Subban is certainly more valuable now, but I expect when all is said and done RNH will be markedly superior. That's my opinion, but Hopkins has an incredible skillset, and has only been held back by his size. You're welcome to mark this post for future reference.

Once Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov get going together, they'll be unstoppable.
Consider it marked good sir.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
  #38
PuckInTheNards
Registered User
 
PuckInTheNards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 500
Karlsson straight up...

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
  #39
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Karlsson straight up...
and pandora's box was open yet again

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:49 PM
  #40
CaptainsHockey
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
He's probably worth a roster player, prospect and a 1st or 2nd pick. But come on, how is this anything besides a Habs fan reminding everyone that Subban won the Norris. He's a great player and probably deserved the trophy but this is so blatantly reminding other fanbases that "Hey, we have a great player that you'd have to give up a lot to get, he even won a trophy"...

CaptainsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  #41
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BargainBinVille
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Karlsson straight up...
As a Habs fan, I would say no...Markov's still a force & with Beaulieu in our back pocket, Habs don't need Karlsson as much as we need what Subbie provides.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:59 PM
  #42
Scuba-Steve
Registered User
 
Scuba-Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Québec
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendpatrol View Post
He's probably worth a roster player, prospect and a 1st or 2nd pick. But come on, how is this anything besides a Habs fan reminding everyone that Subban won the Norris. He's a great player and probably deserved the trophy but this is so blatantly reminding other fanbases that "Hey, we have a great player that you'd have to give up a lot to get, he even won a trophy"...
I'm a Habs fan but i approve this post !

Scuba-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
  #43
Revansky
Registered User
 
Revansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
I'm a Habs fan but i approve this post !
same here !

Revansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
  #44
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
You could go back and forth all day like this. Subban won the Norris yes, in a shortened season where he played at a much higher level than he ever has before. RNH hasn't proved much, but he has had one of the best rookie seasons in a long time.

Subban is certainly more valuable now, but I expect when all is said and done RNH will be markedly superior. That's my opinion, but Hopkins has an incredible skillset, and has only been held back by his size. You're welcome to mark this post for future reference.

Once Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov get going together, they'll be unstoppable.
Shortened season...blah blah blah.....he at least stepped up his play, and that unstoppable force did what?

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:15 PM
  #45
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Karlsson straight up...
I'm thinking more Wiercioch and a 1st. PP specialist for PP specialist.

Wiercioch got 6.26 points per 60 on PP, Subban got 6.73.

Wiercioch got 0.90 points per 60 at ES, Subban got 0.96.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
  #46
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I'm thinking more Wiercioch and a 1st. PP specialist for PP specialist.

Wiercioch got 6.26 points per 60 on PP, Subban got 6.73.

Wiercioch got 0.90 points per 60 at ES, Subban got 0.96.
I'm thinking your avatar needs updated

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:21 PM
  #47
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy
 
Mcnofool6110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Subban is a beast. 1st, two roster players, and a bonafide prospect. He just won the Norris.

His value is around 6/7 million, and that's what I hope he signs for.

Mcnofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:22 PM
  #48
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BargainBinVille
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I'm thinking more Wiercioch and a 1st. PP specialist for PP specialist.
Subbie is far more than just a PP specialist...that's not much better than offering Diaz and a 1st for Karlsson...both offers fall far short.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:24 PM
  #49
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Subbie is far more than just a PP specialist...that's not much better than offering Diaz and a 1st for Karlsson...both offers fall far short.
Agreed....karlsson is injury prone, they'd need to add

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:28 PM
  #50
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Subbie is far more than just a PP specialist...that's not much better than offering Diaz and a 1st for Karlsson...both offers fall far short.
How is he more than a PP specialist? He had 12 ESP this year...

Karlsson had 9...in 17 games

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.