HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ehrhoff

Old
06-17-2013, 04:46 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Would Wingels, Irwin (or Demers) and a pick do it?
For me no, but for other Sabres fans perhaps. My mind frame is that on our current roster Ehrhoff is the only veteran. Myers is in no way shape or form a leader right now and while Weber has the intangibles he barely has a full year of NHL experience under his belt in terms of games played. I dont believe any team should go without ONE single vet dman let alone one on a sweetheart contract.

The Sabres are gonna struggle to score goals-period(even more so if Vanek is shipped out), and trading away one of the at least top 30 best offensive dmen in the league is begging for trouble...

And in regards to you saying and a pick, for me the pick would have to be your first this year for me to even consider it which Im sure for a team looking to restock the pipe is a non-starting point...

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:51 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

It couldn't happen until the deadline, but does Ryan O'Reilly generate any interest? Or rather, would Buffalo be willing to add to Ehrhoff to get ROR?

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:51 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I would love to have Ehrhoff back in Vancouver, it was dumb of Gillis to let Ehrhoff and Torres go.
The $18M that Ehrhoff got paid over the last two years might be a big part of that...there's a chance ownership wouldn't even let Gillis offer that kind of contract after the Luongo deal (which I believe they forced Gillis to offer).

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:55 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
It couldn't happen until the deadline, but does Ryan O'Reilly generate any interest? Or rather, would Buffalo be willing to add to Ehrhoff to get ROR?
This question would be better asked at the deadline for 2 reasons

1. see how the draft panned out for both teams. If you guys take Jones there may not be as big a need for Ehrhoff and if we get another center or two we may not have the need for O'Rielly with prospects like Girgensons and Larsson who have potentially equal ceilings to O'Rielly.

2. By the deadline the Sabres should have a much better idea of whats going on with Myers as well as how youngsters Pysyk, McCabe, and McNabb are progressing. if they all look okay and weber keeps on progressing Ehrhoff looks more expendable to me.

I think itd be an interesting base for a deal come deadline time especially if Colorado was in a playoff race and in need of Ehrhoff...

Old
06-17-2013, 05:59 PM
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Done in a millisecond. Wingels is the real value there, an while I absolutely love him, I'd move him in a heartbeat to get Error back.
I thought sharks fans were in love with sheppard, what happened? he's a good young center with solid upside as far as I'm concerned.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:01 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Id love Ehroff on the Flyers...though its extremely unlikely what would buffalo want from us from a value standpoint? I see you guys are overloaded at center.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:06 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
I certainly would have interest, he fits the role (top 6, shutdown center) the Sabres need perfectly. It would keep Hodgson on the 1st line, allow Grigorenko to play the 3rd line and get heavy offensive zone starts while RoR does the heavy lifting.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:22 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Id love Ehroff on the Flyers...though its extremely unlikely what would buffalo want from us from a value standpoint? I see you guys are overloaded at center.
Coots or Laughton+ is really all I see as feasible since Voracek/Simmonds arent going anywhere again likely non-starters for you guys.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Beerz

For Nashville I'd be asking for the 4th for Ehrhoff +

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:41 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
For Nashville I'd be asking for the 4th for Ehrhoff +
our 2nd and Luke Adam....

Old
06-18-2013, 12:13 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
And Nashville is doing this why, the kindness of their heart?

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 02:30 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Switch Adam to 2098 7th rounder, bumps up the value from our end a little bit

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

1st + Jensen or something around Kesler for Ehrhoff + a little bit.

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:36 AM
JuniorNelson

The era that Ehrhoff excelled in, in Vancouver, is over. Vigneault is gone. Will Ehrhoff flourish under a different coach, with a different partner, playing a different scheme? FFS!

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
The era that Ehrhoff excelled in, in Vancouver, is over. Vigneault is gone. Will Ehrhoff flourish under a different coach, with a different partner, playing a different scheme? FFS!
He has done quite well in other systems before and a quality player can adapt. The Keith Ballards of the world can't and wither away. Playing with his old parter, with the same PP personal and the same twins should be enough familiarity for Ehrhoff. I don't think a coaching change means that we couldn't go get him or that he would be unsuccessful here

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote