Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Off-Season Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 03:02 PM
grN1g

vCash: 500
I think flower is a good goaltender but hes just loss all confidence where hes at.

i think a change is what he needs to get back on track. I would be very excited if we could somehow manage to get Letang & the flower in a trade tho, that would be awesome.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
For anyone who still has thoughts that Fletcher would go with a Harding-Kuemper tandem:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ClutterPuck">@ClutterPuck</a> no chance</p>&mdash; Michael Russo (@Russostrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statuses/348461855745921024">June 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: Just realized I have no freaking clue how to provide a link to a specific tweet/conversation.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:10 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
For anyone who still has thoughts that Fletcher would go with a Harding-Kuemper tandem:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ClutterPuck">@ClutterPuck</a> no chance</p>&mdash; Michael Russo (@Russostrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statuses/348461855745921024">June 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edit: Just realized I have no freaking clue how to provide a link to a specific tweet/conversation.
Link
Quote:
@Russostrib Any way the #Wild go with Harding & Kuemps next season? How far away is Kuemps from being able to take over #1 spot?
Quote:
@ClutterPuck no chance

Old
06-22-2013, 03:13 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Hopefully the follow up is Minnesota is looking at all options and will rather sign a goaltender than trade for one.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Hopefully the follow up is Minnesota is looking at all options and will rather sign a goaltender than trade for one.

Why not go after Bernier in a trade..it sounds like they are pretty hot on his heels right now trying to acquire him per Russo and some TSN analysis.

If the price is something along the lines of Clutterbuck+Kuemper I'd trade for Bernier every time. Its a bummer we don't have that first round pick cause I'd easily trade a first for Bernier.

The kid is 24 and had a .922 save percentage this year. Just ridiculous potential. Just needs some playing time, kinda like Tuka Raask when he was Thomas's backup all those years. Easily could be goalie of the future for this team.

Make it happen Fletch!

Old
06-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I'll consider the off-season success if they get Bernier with a decent trade (I don't believe in the Fleury case at all) and Filppula or Weiss. I don't care about minor signings/trade. Although acquiring Mitchell was, IMO, a great minor signing. I don't think he get as much recognition as he should for what he did last season. He's my new favorite Wild.
Completely agree. No to Weiss yes to Filpulla.

Mitchell should get more minutes once we get rid of "I like to try but I can't shoot the puck Clutterbuck"

Old
06-22-2013, 05:32 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Why not go after Bernier in a trade..it sounds like they are pretty hot on his heels right now trying to acquire him per Russo and some TSN analysis.
Because LA thinks that Bernier is worth a top prospect/1st round pick or even both? We're not going to get Bernier for Clutterbuck + Kuemper. LA wants a guy back like Zucker + Kuemper.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Because LA thinks that Bernier is worth a top prospect/1st round pick or even both? We're not going to get Bernier for Clutterbuck + Kuemper. LA wants a guy back like Zucker + Kuemper.
Pretty much. I'd love to have Bernier but I'm starting to accept that the cost is just too much. Would rather just re-sign Backs and be done with it.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
LA fans. Different situation.

Kuemper is the only piece we actually know from Russo. Still too much.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:

Thats a pretty steep price considering the whole league knows they are trying to move him after making it public they would trade him. I don't think his value is much more than a 1st round pick. Look at goalies who have been moved in recent years.

-Sergei Bobvrovsky traded to Columbus for 2nd round pick and 2 4th round picks

-Anders Lindback traded to Tampa Bay for 2 2nd rounders a 3rd rounder

-Ben Bishop traded to Ottawa for a 2nd round pick

-Jaraslov Halak to St. Lious for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz

-Sergie Varlamov to Colorado for a 1st and a 2nd.

Looking at that and comparing the different goalies and potentials and ages...thinking about where those goalies were at the time they were traded I'd say that Bernier falls in between a Varlamov and a Bobvrovsky.

I'd say a 1st round pick would be fine compensation. I'd have no problem with Fletcher moving Keumper, Clutterbuck and if it so takes a 3rd rounder. That would be a great trade for the Wild.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Beegoalie

On a separate note and not to change the subject but holy did Columbus steal Bobvrovsky from Philly! What a move that turned out to be.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:51 PM
HDZx

vCash: 50
Guys... Kuemper is 23 Bernier is 24... Kuemper's value is not that high and he is not a blue chip

Old
06-22-2013, 06:02 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Thats a pretty steep price considering the whole league knows they are trying to move him after making it public they would trade him.
LA really doesn't need to trade him though. The reason why the whole league knows that Bernier is on the move is other teams have inquired for the past two seasons. LA doesn't have to move Bernier at all.

Quote:
I'd say a 1st round pick would be fine compensation. I'd have no problem with Fletcher moving Keumper, Clutterbuck and if it so takes a 3rd rounder. That would be a great trade for the Wild.
Except LA (and probably the league) doesn't think Clutterbuck + 3rd rounder = 1st. Quantity=/=quality. LA wants a guy like Matt Read, Matt Frattin or Jason Zucker back. They don't want pieces, they want a legitimate top 6 winger back, something that Clutterbuck isn't.

It would be a great move for Minnesota because they would be fleecing LA and not giving what LA wants.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Guys... Kuemper is 23 Bernier is 24... Kuemper's value is not that high and he is not a blue chip
For once I agree with you. The only thing I really like about Kuemper is his size. I don't think he's future starting material, probably a career back-up.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
On a separate note and not to change the subject but holy did Columbus steal Bobvrovsky from Philly! What a move that turned out to be.
Bobrovsky will come back to Earth, would not sustain that play in a full season. Also, Philly has no defense, anybody would look terrible. Hard to judge goalies in a bad system.

Quote:
If Fletcher thought Kuemper was not a potential starter, he wouldn't have traded Hackett. Bernier is two years older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
For once I agree with you. The only thing I really like about Kuemper is his size. I don't think he's future starting material, probably a career back-up.
Which is why trading Hackett was such a dumb mistake. Nobody established anything. I don't think Kuemper has set a ceiling for himself yet but he's still a couple years away. So is Hackett.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Good point but I bet most of us wouldn't like the "+" in a potential deal.

Either way, hopefully this puts more pressure on Backstrom's clan to make a faster decision. Time is running out.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:17 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Hackett was moved because he, in combination, had so few NHL games, poor season, and a new deal that would require waivers if moved up/down. He had little value in any deal and was more or less a throw in.

Gustafsson is/has been looked at as the future #1, IMO.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-22-2013, 07:38 PM
OpRedDawn*

It's just an annoying thought. Like, we've always had solid goaltending as a team and don't usually have to give up much to acquire it.... and going after bernier just kinda goes against that.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Who is the guy ? That's my question.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
LA really doesn't need to trade him though. The reason why the whole league knows that Bernier is on the move is other teams have inquired for the past two seasons. LA doesn't have to move Bernier at all.

Where have you been Koala?? Dean Lombardi and co. publicly promised Bernier that he would be moved before next season after he asked for a trade. He will be moved. If they don't move him they have a Luongo situation. I don't think they'd go there.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

If Fletcher thought Kuemper was not a potential starter, he wouldn't have traded Hackett. Bernier is two years older.

Has nothing to do with it. He either chose to keep Keumper over Hackett. Or Buffalo chose Hackett over Kuemper. You decide which one you think it was.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Has nothing to do with it. He either chose to keep Keumper over Hackett. Or Buffalo chose Hackett over Kuemper. You decide which one you think it was.
http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocen...ed-share-video

-Wild first called about Pominville about a month ago.
-Discussed other players but ultimately Wild wanted Pominville.
-Picks were the first thing on the table, players were added.

Pretty much the most "inside" thing I could find about that trade.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Hackett was moved because he, in combination, had so few NHL games, poor season, and a new deal that would require waivers if moved up/down. He had little value in any deal and was more or less a throw in.

Gustafsson is/has been looked at as the future #1, IMO.

What I've been thinking for years.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We shouldn't of added the players.. I'm not happy we traded the picks.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

I'm really looking forward to watch Gustafsson play in Iowa.

Closed Thread