HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Predict the biggest move for Canadian team this summer.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
McShogun99

vCash: 500
I predict that Edmonton will have a huge off season.

- Will trade for Luongo (something like Anaheims 2nd and Teubert)

- Will trade for Hartnell (something like 2014 first or Marincin)

- Will package Gagner and 7th overall for an upgrade at C

- Will trade Yakupov for a young top pairing D

as for small predictions,

- Horcoff gets bought out

- Hemsky+ traded for pick that lands Lazar

- Mulltiple bottom six UFA's signed

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing View Post
So Philly buys out Briere and Bryzgalov to acquire the contract of Luongo? Addition by subtraction at its finest.
would it REALLY shock you if Philly did that?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:26 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Edmonton: Trades Hemsky for a Dman. Drafts Nurse, and still doesnt make the playoffs
Calgary: Attempts to make the playoffs by trading all their youth they just acquired for old washed up vets and fails.
Winnipeg: Nothing
Montreal: Nothing, goes out first round in the playoffs. Subban fights one of his own teammates in the last 5mins of the 4th loss as they are swept.
Toronto: Comes out of the gate firing, fans make fun of everyone saying how great they are then blows a seal and stumbles barely missing the playoffs. Fans blame bruins and Ottawa for something.
Ottawa: Nothing.
Vancouver: Trade luongo for a half bag of Lays chips after Gillis eats one. Cause you just cant eat just one. Misses the playoffs too.

Last edited by MaritimeHockeyNut: 06-18-2013 at 09:32 AM.
MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:26 AM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
would it REALLY shock you if Philly did that?
Nothing Holmgren does should shock anyone.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Nothing Holmgren does should shock anyone.
that's my point

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M0RE YEAR View Post
That would be great. what do you think the sens would have to give up to get boyle?
A lot I think. A combo of Conacher and Puempel was mentioned in one of the threads, but I think Wilson would likely want one of those plus our first. Is it overpayment? Probably. Is Boyle worth it? Yes.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
sommervr

Edmonton is going to do something big and probably stupid.

Leafs will try and get a 1C by any means possible short of trading Gardiner/Rielly.

Compliance buyouts will be part of any crazy big deal this summer.

sommervr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Who do you think will be the biggest move for the 7 Canadian teams this summer ?

Toronto Clarkson
OTT Briere
Montreal Bolland
Win Ryder
Edm Yandle
CGY Brad Richards
Van Weiss
Why would Richards join the horror show that is Calgary right now when he probably wants a cup before he walks away?

Where would Weiss play on a team with Sedin and Kesler down the middle?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:07 AM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Vancouver has zero need or interest in Weiss.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
For Ottawa I think we'll trade Jared Cowen, Milan Michalek and this year's 1st to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan. Also we'll sign Danny Briere in free agency.

Also I think Edmonton will surprise everyone at the draft by trading Jordan Eberle, their 1st rounder this year to a team for a stud defenseman.
Not a bad trade. All 3 pieces from Ottawa are solid - Well done.

Sens win, because of the best player - but Ducks get some real value.

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:33 AM
pearcey

Quote:
For Ottawa I think we'll trade Jared Cowen, Milan Michalek and this year's 1st to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan. Also we'll sign Danny Briere in free agency.

Also I think Edmonton will surprise everyone at the draft by trading Jordan Eberle, their 1st rounder this year to a team for a stud defenseman.
So we trade a top 4 defensemen leaving us with 2 defensemen to play in the top 4 next year. We get rid of 1st liner for another 1st liner still leaving us with a hole on the first line and we give them our first in an extremely deep draft? No thanks. We also aren't helping Anaheim address there need of a 2nd line center and we are also sending more cap there way and both the players you suggested we trade to the Ducks contracts needed to be extended in the 2014 off season and they will both be getting raises. Terrible trade for Ottawa and bad financial deal for the Ducks.

pearcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:56 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
So we trade a top 4 defensemen leaving us with 2 defensemen to play in the top 4 next year. We get rid of 1st liner for another 1st liner still leaving us with a hole on the first line and we give them our first in an extremely deep draft? No thanks. We also aren't helping Anaheim address there need of a 2nd line center and we are also sending more cap there way and both the players you suggested we trade to the Ducks contracts needed to be extended in the 2014 off season and they will both be getting raises. Terrible trade for Ottawa and bad financial deal for the Ducks.
Yeah, there'll be none of that deal thanks!

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Who do you think will be the biggest move for the 7 Canadian teams this summer ?

Toronto Clarkson
OTT Briere
Montreal Bolland
Win Ryder
Edm Yandle
CGY Brad Richards
Van Weiss
Seriously doubt that Weiss will go to Vancouver There saying that if Weiss does'nt resign with Florida that he will play closer to home In Toronto most likely either Toronto or Detroit since he has family there in both places. And both Toronto and Detroit are the only 2 clubs that he will accept a trade to.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I see the Leafs getting their man Clarksson. Nj is in financial disarray. Nj will be out of the Bernier running.
Philly after recent moves won't pursue Bernier. Leafs don't have any interest either. Leafs will trade Liles to the Islanders to replace Streit. They may take back some cash. Leafs then offer a deal to Mason Raymond. They will go after Scuderi but his wife chooses to remain in the US.
Canucks trade Booth for a bag of pucks and buyout Ballard.
They fail to replace Raymond. Ryder turns down an offer from them. They get stuck with two # 1 goalies.
Montreal signs Brunner and Fillipupla
Jets get Horton and Boyes
NHL announces a new franchise in Quebec and immediately rewards the # 1 pick first overall in the 2013 draft to them. They don't start play until 2014 though.
They end up dealing the pick to Edmonton. Edmonton passes on Jones to select MacKinnon because you can never have enough centers.
Edmonton finally gets size by signing Antropov as a free agent.
I seriously doubt that Detroit will let both Brunner and Filppula walk? If that does happen then Ken Holland deserves to be fired, Filppula will walk and Brunner will be resigned at the last moment.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Max Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Not a bad trade. All 3 pieces from Ottawa are solid - Well done.

Sens win, because of the best player - but Ducks get some real value.
Yeah it's a great deal for the leafs since they don't have to face 20 min a night of 6,5 240 lbs Cowen. He's a top four d man on any team in the league and is only 22 so his game is not even close to complete yet.
Cowen alone is maybe a reasonable trade, adding a 20+ goal scorer and a 1st round pick is horrible

But I see why the leafs would like it

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:41 AM
BigHabs

Amnesty Buy Out Tomas Kaberle

Trade for Andrej Meszaros(Retained Salary) for picks out of Philly.

Trade Raphael Diaz + something small to Minnesota for Cal Clutterbuck(RFA), then sign him to a new contract.

Sign: Bryan Bickell / Rob Scuderi

Re-Sign : Ryan White

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Bourque Desharnais Bickell
Galchenyuk Eller Gionta
Moen Prust Clutterbuck

White

Markov Emelin
Subban Scuderi
Meszaros / Gorges

Drewiskie / Boullion / Tinordi

Price
Budaj

Last edited by BigHabs: 06-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
GRECOHAB

CALGARY: Will resign Jarome Iginla, and will go after alot of UFA's, probably overpaying, (they have the salary) and my guess is they land Zidlicky and McArthur. Bottom seiling team, top-3 pick next year.

TORONTO: They will let Bozak go, and try to land Clarkson, and one of Weiss or Ribeiro. I think Clarkson stays at Newark and Ribeiro at Washington. Weiss is a possibility but is Nonis willing to overpay? (>5,5M). Big if, unless they trade Grabovski somewhere. Also they resign Kessel sooner than later. Playoffs a possibility but they wont adress the goalie's matter and they will pay.

EDMONTON: Finally the year they make the playoffs. Not good enough to make noise, and time is ticking as cap issues are already at the horizon. They dont trade any youngster and they unload Hemsky for cheap and Horcoff with a buy out. They land via free agency Cooke, Leopold and Murray.

OTTAWA: They try to land a big winger (Ryan) but fail, so they turn to Ryder at a contract around 5M. Alfredsson isn't coming back, and they will trade the 1st round pick to a team for a top-4 defenseman (Kulikov would be my guess). They make the playoffs but are doomed for an early exit.

VANCOUVER: Welcome Torts...They will try to unload at least one defenseman, probably Edler or Bieksa, and will buyout Luongo and Ballard. They need some extra offense so i can see a trade of Desharnais+Moen+Leblanc for Bieksa. They will sign a goalie back up, probably Emery, and will offer the best contract to Clowe. Bubble team may or may not make the playoffs.

WINNIPEG: They go after alot of free agents but they can land the big stars because it is Winnipeg after all. They let Antropov go and replace him with Roy, lose at the Ryder's and Horton's sweepsatkes, and they resign all their RFA's. If there is some sagnificant salary left, after the resignings, i see them landing a bought out player, my guess Upshall. Playoffs? Hmm...Very tough out West...

MONTREAL: I talked about Bieksa moving to Montreal and that pretty much concludes the moves at defense. Kaberle will be bought out but the others remain. They will try to land Bickell (no luck) so they will settle with Torres to replace Moen at the 4th line RW. There will be a hole at the 3rd line C position, and i can see them inquiring for Bozak (but for <4M) or bringing back familiar faces Koivu, Lapierre for short term contracts. They might take a run at Jagr too... Playoffs... probably, but not very optimistic down the road. Huge challenge year for Price.

GRECOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing View Post
So Philly buys out Briere and Bryzgalov to acquire the contract of Luongo? Addition by subtraction at its finest.
Then, once their horrible defence gets him shelled all season they buy Luongo out next summer and chase the next shining star sure fire cant miss #1 goaltender.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:59 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Those expecting Winnipeg to do little this off season are in for a surprise IMO. We have the least amount of players signed (12), tons of cap space, and I think most of the UFA's will be let go except for Clitsome. Expect Wheeler, Bogosian, and Little to get 5-8 year contracts. We also have 4 signed d-men, and 4 more who are waiver eligible RFA's. That doesn't include Clitsome. Choices have to be made there.

After signing everyone (excluding Clitsome) there's still around 9 million left for a backup goalie and two forwards. I would fully expect Chevy to get close to the cap this year. But the one poster is right, it's next summer when we really turn it up. Jokinen comes off, and Stuart probably gets sold as a rental.

We're also not too worried about the big bad west, the Jets are actually bigger than most of the teams.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:

Atrocious.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:14 PM
billsoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Those expecting Winnipeg to do little this off season are in for a surprise IMO. We have the least amount of players signed (12), tons of cap space, and I think most of the UFA's will be let go except for Clitsome. Expect Wheeler, Bogosian, and Little to get 5-8 year contracts. We also have 4 signed d-men, and 4 more who are waiver eligible RFA's. That doesn't include Clitsome. Choices have to be made there.

After signing everyone (excluding Clitsome) there's still around 9 million left for a backup goalie and two forwards. I would fully expect Chevy to get close to the cap this year. But the one poster is right, it's next summer when we really turn it up. Jokinen comes off, and Stuart probably gets sold as a rental.

We're also not too worried about the big bad west, the Jets are actually bigger than most of the teams.
Oilers need a dman like him.
How much?

billsoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsoilers View Post
How much?
It very much depends on what Chevy does this off-season. Right now it's only Stuart and Enstrom on contract on the left side. Does Kulda stay (LHD - RFA) or go to the KHL? Does Clitsome (LHD - UFA) stay or go to another team? How satisfied is he with the young D on this team? If the planets line up, Stuart is definitely available, more likely at the deadline.

It wouldn't take much, he's a bottom pairing guy. A 2nd should do it. Just throwing that out there.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsoilers View Post
How much?
He said rental.. Stuart will be 41 by the time Edmonton is looking for rental players.

I think we'll talk to Horton's agent for a minute before they say they're not interested. We will then call Briere and get politely turned down. Antropov, Hainsey and Wellwood all sign elsewhere. Somehow, we get Hemsky for a prospect and a 3rd.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
He said rental.. Stuart will be 41 by the time Edmonton is looking for rental players.
Nothing wrong with picking up a rental player if you're in a playoff run. But for a team like Edmonton you better be sure he re-signs.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Langdon Alger*

After the Rangers buy him out, Calgary will sign Brad Richards to a one-year, $5.5 million contract. Calgary has money and cap space to burn; the top-line centre spot is available there; there's the obvious connection to Feaster; and Richards isn't getting anywhere near the long-term deal he'll want after the last two seasons.

Sign the deal, let Richards pump up his numbers with no pressure, then move him to a contender at the deadline. Win-win.

Other than that, two of Tanguay, Stajan and Cammalleri get moved for futures.

Last edited by Langdon Alger*: 06-18-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote