HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers vicious circle?!

Old
07-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

vCash: 500
Flyers vicious circle?!

Yes first iam happy with the buy outs of Briere and Bryzgalov. I never want Bryzgalov and iam really happy that we got rid of him! Briere isnt done in my eyes he will bounce back in Montreal, but he had a very high cap hit, so iam ok with this buy out!

But what the hell did Homer/Snider do with the cap space?

- They signed a overaged defenseman to a 35+ contract who can easily be the next pronger (injured but works against the cup!)
- Now the signed a slowed down Center who plays a solid offensive game without being good at defense.

We now are against the cup another time. So the whole league knows, that we are sellers, and the price for our players are automatically lower than before!

Its always the same:

1. Buy players that are old and already slowing down, but want NMCs and a contract till their career ending, or over it!
2. Spend over the cap so you must dump solid or good players for nearly nothing!
3. Draft Goons who maybe reach their highest ceiling in being a 4th line /pk unit player

And now we maybe trade away one of our young centers for Vinny.... Iam not satisfied with that!!

Whats your oppinion?

Last edited by JeffMangum: 07-05-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:23 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Refer to Salary Cap Thread: Raise Watch (Giroux, Schenn, Couturier) thread. We are cool.

Enjoy next cup run.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:36 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

I was hoping this was a thread about a new thing they were doing to rival the Flyers Wives Carnival.

I am disappointed.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote