HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarret Stoll

Old
06-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Jarret Stoll

Wondering what Stoll's value would be this off season. LA has options at center that are more cap friendly that would allow them to deal Stoll. LA would probably be looking for picks and prospects.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Petro Points

EDM will take him back for Teubert + 2nd

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:21 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Blues could have some mild interest.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Wondering what Stoll's value would be this off season. LA has options at center that are more cap friendly that would allow them to deal Stoll. LA would probably be looking for picks and prospects.
I doubt we move him. I think we finally all saw just how valuable he was to LA when he was out for the SJS series--Sharks were winning faceoffs like an adult punching a kid in the face. Plus, he's an ideal 3rd line C, even if slightly overpaid for it.

But yes, I imagine leading up to the draft, DL would want us to move back into the first round, even if mid-to-late first round, or a strong LW prospect, or something. He's tough to nail down because he's so valuable to LA but I cant see other teams giving up a ton to get him.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Sure the team has options at center, but can they actually win faceoffs is the more important and looming question. Because when Stoll was out of the lineup the Kings were dominated and were on the wrong side of puck possessions in a lot of key situations against the Sharks and Blackhawks because of it.

You know, Boyd Gordon from Phoenix is a UFA and won 57.3% of his draws during the regular season so he could be an option if you're just looking for someone to specialize in that for your team.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Petro Points

EDM offers :
Belanger (4th liner\FO) + Martindale (Toffoli connection 67's) + ANA's 2nd

cheaper replacement + prospect + pick

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
bland

Still amazes me how some Kings fans under value Stoll's worth to the team.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Who's under valuing Stoll's worth? Just gauging interest.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I think this statement goes to most of our roster not just Stoll. As far as tradeing Stoll I don't see it If him missing in the shark series didnt expose his important to this team nothing will. Our faceoff percentage was maybe 25% without him. He is also very important to our pk. If and thats a big if it would take a first and 2nd in 14 and a young roster ready player perferably lw. Yes I realise that is alot for a 3rd line center making over 3 million but hes that important to this team

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:40 AM
funky

Love Stoll. It all comes down to if we split Carter Richards. Move Mike to 3rd line and it actually is an improvement over Stoll. Trade Stoll for offensive winger or cap space to acquire one. With Kopitar Carter and Richie down the middle Fraser is cheap and an adequate 4th liner. Still very strong in the middle

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
EDM will take him back for Teubert + 2nd
We got rid of Teubert for a reason - we don't want him back. At all.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Perro

I love Stoll and thinks he serves a huge purpose but how about
Bernier + Stoll for Simmonds + Read.
I just posted it in the LA board but am impatient and haven't had any responses.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I just posted it in the LA board but am impatient and haven't had any responses.
As much as i do like the idea of getting simmonds back we have no room for him. with carter williams and toffoli ( im not buying into him being a lw) Also the cap affect of adding simmonds no room left for him. he makes to much money.( 3 95 million next year)

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
apadilla

Quote:
A big NO on this deal, don't really want Simmonds back, as he tanked it in '11, any Kings fan who watched saw this big time, as I remember a quote a team management guy said in '11, he said Simmonds was playing as if "he had made it", i.e. he took his foot off the pedal,

now he did come back big time with Philly, but why pull him out of a place he plays big time for, as i'd rather him succeed in Philly than fail in LA,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As much as i do like the idea of getting simmonds back we have no room for him. with carter williams and toffoli ( im not buying into him being a lw) Also the cap affect of adding simmonds no room left for him. he makes to much money.( 3 95 million next year)
I thought of that too. I am just such a homer for Simmonds. I think him locked in at less than 4mil for the next 6 years is great value. Especially as Williams could walk after next year. The difference between stoll and Simmonds cap hit is 700k. Which would make things tight. However if Mitchell Goes on LTIR it would free up the space we would need.
In the end it adds to a position of strength for LA, so it likely doesn't work out.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I see him being similar to Paul Gaustad. Could probably get a 2nd+ or add a pick to him and get a 1st. It would be hard in this draft, but overall, that's what I see his value to be.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If he is traded, it would be either packaged with Bernier or something else for a good LW, or just traded for picks. Since the incentive to trade him would be to shed salary and to play Kopitar/Carter/Richards as the top 3 centres, so a replacement player wouldn't be needed

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I see him being similar to Paul Gaustad. Could probably get a 2nd+ or add a pick to him and get a 1st. It would be hard in this draft, but overall, that's what I see his value to be.
That was a deadline deal. If the Kings want to extract maximum value from him (as Buffalo did with Gaustad), you'd have to wait until the deadline. And then hope someone gets desperate enough to offer a 1st. Players have more value at the deadline, picks have more value at the draft...I highly doubt anyone is offering a 1st for him on draft day.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

I love Stoll and think trading him would be a mistake. But I'd move him for some picks.

Mostly because I wouldnt mind finding a way to make room to sign Danny Briere once he's bought out. I want to continue stockpiling ex-flyers. Its a formula for success.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree. As soon as he's moved, we'll be looking to replace him.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
is the answer jesus

Someone proposed Stoll and Toffoli for Vanek a while back. As a sabres fan I liked that deal a lot. I'd even be willing to add slightly to the deal, something like a conditional pick if Vanek didn't re-sign. The sabres would retain half of Vanek's contract as well to help sweeten the pot.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I'd rather lose Bernier for nothing than trade Stoll. Even if we split the 2nd line ex-Philly centers, I'd get rid of Fraser than Stoll.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Someone proposed Stoll and Toffoli for Vanek a while back. As a sabres fan I liked that deal a lot. I'd even be willing to add slightly to the deal, something like a conditional pick if Vanek didn't re-sign. The sabres would retain half of Vanek's contract as well to help sweeten the pot.
No thank you

Old
06-19-2013, 05:17 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
No thank you
Fair enough. I realize LA is likely looking at re-upping Brown after this year and will need the $ and cap space for that. The fact that Toffoli will produce and do it on an entry level contract for you guys is certainly valuable. Just thought that deal was a hell of a lot closer to what it would take to land Vanek than the Martinez, Bernier and scraps offers some kings fans were offering.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs

I'd rather keep Stoll.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote