HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I don't know if Horton will sign here, but I don't think Boston can keep him.

He is 28 years old one of the youngest legit top 6 forwards on the market now, having a killer playoffs, he is going to want to get paid.

He is finish off a deal where his cap hit was 4M, but he was paid 5.5M in real dollar, and IMO that is going to be the min he'll get on a new deal, maybe even 6M.

Boston literally can't afford him, I believe they have 10.8 in cap space and need to re-sign Rask who will eat up atleast 6.5 to 7 of that, also a backup goal, 1 extra forward, then wtv is left is for Horton or his replacement.

Only way they can make it work is if they buy out both Peverly and Kelly, Kelly might be traded for a pick, but Peverly at his salary and play, no way he gets traded without another contract coming back.
How about not re-signing Jagr? The Bruins couls apare him more easily than Horton.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
DJ Breadman

Why would anyone want Horton? He is coming off concussion problems and is now playing hurt in the playoffs, needs off season shoulder surgery, also jagr is not coming here he called the habs last off season and asked if they where interested and they said no

Old
06-19-2013, 03:42 PM
kernkraft

FYI TSN just posted their off-season game plan for the Habs:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425872

Old
06-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
And all the ones that come to Motreal become pansies. Sorry but true.
Because there's no one to protect them. Being an ******* and acting like a ****head isn't better.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Moen has had ONE down year, not sure why people are so obsessed with crapping on him. He had as many fights with us as his Anaheim days, plus he had his best NHL season last year(2011-12) before he got hurt.

Guys like Gallagher Emelin Subban Prust etc don;t seem to care wether they have "backup" or not. I'd still like to have a big heavyweight for certain games though.
Moen has been a ***** the moment he stepped foot on the ice with a Habs jersey. He played well but he was a pansy.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Emelin adds his own 'vatup'
And then he gets beat up.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
FYI TSN just posted their off-season game plan for the Habs:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425872
Look at that, someone who agrees with me on Bourque and his ability/production despite his size. I would happily move him for the right price.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:16 PM
4Beliveau

I'd go after Letang...

To MTL
Letang

To PIT
Markov
Dias
Kristo

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Letang
Tinordi-Bouillion/Drewiskie

Old
06-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
How about not re-signing Jagr? The Bruins couls apare him more easily than Horton.
They can't afford him either.

The problem is that Tuuka Rask is about to get paid, and that pretty much everyone significant on the Bruins is making real money now. They don't have cheap performers in their lineup. Marchand is the cheapest top sixer with 4.5, everyone else is 5+ (as likely Horton will be) and their third line has two 3 million dollar forwards.

So its lose Horton or dismantle the bottom six for marginal savings.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
I'd go after Letang...

To MTL
Letang

To PIT
Markov
Dias
Kristo

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Letang
Letang is no way near the kind of player we need in defense right now. I mean, he does have great skills and he's a great offensive d-man, but he sucks on defense. Sorry.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
I'd go after Letang...

To MTL
Letang

To PIT
Markov
Dias
Kristo

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Letang
Come on, you can't be serious. He was just nominated for the Norris and is in the prime of his career.

Any deal for Letang would start with Galchenyuk/Gallagher which is a deal breaker right there. Pie in the sky. And besides, we have too many offensive D's as is.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
billy piton

Quote:
I'd go after Letang...

To MTL
Letang

To PIT
Markov
Dias
Kristo

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Letang
i'd do it if letang wants to re-sign with the habs for 6m per year. i don't think habs could carry two 6.5-7.5m d-men. the trouble is, shero wouldnt trade letan if he was willing to re-sign for 6m.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Laboeuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Letang is no way near the kind of player we need in defense right now. I mean, he does have great skills and he's a great offensive d-man, but he sucks on defense. Sorry.

Letang is a top 3 defenseman in the league right now yet he's not good enough to play for us? Honestly I would give up Gallagher for Letang if we are lucky. Defense with his ability is hard to come by let alone trade for one.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Come on, you can't be serious. He was just nominated for the Norris and is in the prime of his career.

Any deal for Letang would start with Galchenyuk/Gallagher which is a deal breaker right there. Pie in the sky. And besides, we have too many offensive D's as is.
i don't think so... letang is too expensive for the pens and markov is pretty good replacemet, plus they get another solid pieces. you can post this proposač on the main board and see what pens' fans think of it...

Old
06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Laboeuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
i'd do it if letang wants to re-sign with the habs for 6m per year. i don't think habs could carry two 6.5-7.5m d-men. the trouble is, shero wouldnt trade letan if he was willing to re-sign for 6m.
I think Shero would move MA Fleury before trading Letang. He would then swing a deal for Jonathan Bernier and resign Vokoun so he's set.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Look at that, someone who agrees with me on Bourque and his ability/production despite his size. I would happily move him for the right price.
He looked great this year...i can;t believe people want to throw this guy away so quickly....before he got hurt he looked like erik cole of the previous year....he's fast, he's physical, and he's a 2 time 27 goal scorer...for a 3.3 cap hit, the glimpse of potential we got from him i think we owe him another season. i think he can pot 20-25 for sure next year.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/story/?id=425872

Old
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
I think Shero would move MA Fleury before trading Letang. He would then swing a deal for Jonathan Bernier and resign Vokoun so he's set.
dunno who would take maf at 5m... anyway, there is a strong rumor about letang being shopped, and i didn't hear anything about maf. we'll see, i guess....

Old
Laboeuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
i don't think so... letang is too expensive for the pens and markov is pretty good replacemet, plus they get another solid pieces. you can post this proposač on the main board and see what pens' fans think of it...
How is Letang too expensive for the Penguins?
They will move Paul Martin, Fleury, Niskanen before they move Letang. Don't listen to the media, they want something to write about.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
billy piton

Quote:
How is Letang too expensive for the Penguins?
They will move Paul Martin, Fleury, Niskanen before they move Letang. Don't listen to the media, they want something to write about.
if he asks 7m+ long term contract, he is easily too expensive for the pens. you can't have almost 40% of salary cap tied between three players. especially if you have some doubts about his defensive game...

Old
06-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Letang is a top 3 defenseman in the league right now yet he's not good enough to play for us? Honestly I would give up Gallagher for Letang if we are lucky. Defense with his ability is hard to come by let alone trade for one.
I'm not saying he's not good enough to play for us. All I'm saying is we don't need another defenseman being paid 6m+ and playing like **** in defense. Letang's advantage right now is he plays with Crosby & Malkin. Would like to see him in Calgary or Florida how he would play. He's not a top 3 defenseman.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:20 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Pretty shallow analysis. Disappointed that the author didn't think the defense needed any upgrade, clearly we weren't watching the same teams.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:59 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Lots of "undersized" players there.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:14 PM
hersky77

6) James Wisniewski, Columbus Blue Jackets: In the past, the only thing that might save Wisniewski’s job is the Columbus Blue Jackets’ need to hit the cap floor. However, there is relatively new management in Ohio. John Davidson proved that he can put together a financially stable business model, while guiding his team to improve the on-ice product. He and GM Jarmo Kekalainen have already made improvements, trading for Marian Gaborik at the deadline. This leaves Jimmy boy in the dust, considering he has not lived up to his massive contract.

Would love to has the wis back in montreal, he did not want to leave in 2010 but Gauhtier chose Markov over him.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Pretty shallow analysis. Disappointed that the author didn't think the defense needed any upgrade, clearly we weren't watching the same teams.
He's analyzing 30 teams over a month. Of course its shallow. Its for people not already generally away of the team's situation.

Closed Thread