HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Just coming to the end of season 2 on breaking bad......really well written and poigniant episode (Phoenix) dealing with addiction.
This is when it gets really good.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 984
Drinking Fireball Whiskey. According to the label, "product of Canada". Thank you Canadia!!!

Old
07-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

vCash: 50
that had to be the weirdest, creepiest, just flat-out irrational prosecution press conference after a defeat in a high-visibility case that I've ever seen.

"we lost, praise be to jesus!"
"no justice, I love our country!"
"hi my name is anna corey but you might know me better as dolores umbridge"

****ing bizarre

Old
07-14-2013, 12:40 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
This is when it gets really good.
Yea I just finished season 2 and the last two episodes were really dark and intense.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:43 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Uh oh.

Not Guilty.

Log on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
This won't be fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
that had to be the weirdest, creepiest, just flat-out irrational prosecution press conference after a defeat in a high-visibility case that I've ever seen.

"we lost, praise be to jesus!"
"no justice, I love our country!"
"hi my name is anna corey but you might know me better as dolores umbridge"

****ing bizarre
What case guys?

Old
07-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
What case guys?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-1...guilty/4819134

Old
07-14-2013, 12:53 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
Drinking Fireball Whiskey. According to the label, "product of Canada". Thank you Canadia!!!
haha we get mad promo's of that at our bar

I poor it for free to all the big spenders

Old
07-14-2013, 12:54 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Meanwhile a black woman got 20 years for firing warning shots at an abusive husband who she filed a restraining order at

Old
07-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Meanwhile a black woman got 20 years for firing warning shots at an abusive husband who she filed a restraining order at
What?!?!?!?!

Old
07-14-2013, 01:51 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
What?!?!?!?!
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...catid=57433184

It's quite sad:

Old
07-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Had some this morning myself!

"You're fired" = chug

Old
07-14-2013, 03:10 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Had some this morning myself!

"You're fired" = chug
you actually fired?

Old
07-14-2013, 07:18 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
Got it thanks.....remember the incident well and didn't realize it was at trial.

I will watch the round tables this morning which should be fascinating.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

On Saturday night a co-worker of mine fell to his death at my summer construction job. Just wow.

I do not want to talk about specifics (since I am not allowed nothing has been released publicly yet), but damn that is scary.

I know that my jobsite stresses safety above all else, since I have several times refused what I deemed unsafe work and was not only treated with respect but eventually I was even promoted. We stress safety, to have something like happen there is unreal to me (I work 2 weeks, 1 week off, I am on my week off so I wasn't on site).

The guy was 25 years old.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:25 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Terrible news Holden. Sounds like you already are, but stay safe.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:58 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
On Saturday night a co-worker of mine fell to his death at my summer construction job. Just wow.

I do not want to talk about specifics (since I am not allowed nothing has been released publicly yet), but damn that is scary.

I know that my jobsite stresses safety above all else, since I have several times refused what I deemed unsafe work and was not only treated with respect but eventually I was even promoted. We stress safety, to have something like happen there is unreal to me (I work 2 weeks, 1 week off, I am on my week off so I wasn't on site).

Brutal news

Old
07-14-2013, 11:52 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

Quote:

Woah that sucks o.O I feel for you!

Old
07-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/

Awards:
Quote:

Terrible news.

Stay safe man.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:

God that is awful. It's crazy that it still happens nowadays, but I guess it's up to the individual as well as the company to ensure safety. Sorry to hear.

07-14-2013, 01:58 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 279
Quote:

Terrible news to hear, but I'm glad that there is a company that will not criticize and ostracize a person who will refuse unsafe work. There are those people who feel they have to do it, though. It's too bad, really.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Repoman

At my place of employment I still catch guys not following safety protocols. I can't believe they would risk their and other peoples safety for 15-20$ an hour. Then I get employees grieving suspension's to the union when they do break the rules... I think there is still a lot of catching up North America needs to do in terms of safety culture in the work place.

Sad to see anyone lose their life on the job.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
The prosecutor who brought the charges and sent that woman up the river for 20 years was the same as in the Zimmerman case - Anglea Corey. Small world.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Zimmerman wasn't a Stand Your Ground case, I don't believe. But FLA definitely has very pro-defender SYG laws. If you break into someone's house, it's fair game for the residents to shoot you - which isn't the case everywhere in the US, and definitely not in Canada.

Also, Zimmerman is apparently Hispanic. Does that count as "White" in that chart? It's generally counted as a separate visible minority in the US.

The media seems quite invested in playing up the race angle of this case. It's pretty irresponsible, IMO. I'm fairly certain that if Zimmerman has a more traditionally Hispanic last name, you'd never have heard of this case.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:29 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
The prosecutor who brought the charges and sent that woman up the river for 20 years was the same as in the Zimmerman case - Anglea Corey. Small world.
I didn't even know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Zimmerman wasn't a Stand Your Ground case, I don't believe. But FLA definitely has very pro-defender SYG laws. If you break into someone's house, it's fair game for the residents to shoot you - which isn't the case everywhere in the US, and definitely not in Canada.

Also, Zimmerman is apparently Hispanic. Does that count as "White" in that chart? It's generally counted as a separate visible minority in the US.

The media seems quite invested in playing up the race angle of this case. It's pretty irresponsible, IMO. I'm fairly certain that if Zimmerman has a more traditionally Hispanic last name, you'd never have heard of this case.
It was more that when I saw this I thought wow.
Related to the recent events or not that is quite crazy.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:

Whoa, that's terrible. Sorry for him and his family. There are always risks in construction jobs but when something happens at your own workplace, it's a big shock. Take it easy.

Closed Thread