HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I didn't even know that.

It was more that when I saw this I thought wow.
Related to the recent events or not that is quite crazy.
Crime and race is a crazy topic. All the stas are a little astounding. Blacks are 15% of the general US population but 40% of the prison population. Whites are 70% of the general population but only 30% of prison population. So that means 1/4 blacks are convicted criminals and only 1/23 whites. Can that be correct? See? Crazy!

Last edited by Gm0ney: 07-15-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added the white general/prison pop. numbers
Old
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Anyone have any ideas or interest in an avatar theme or do you guys mostly like making your own? I'm not a Photoshop wizard by any means but I'd be willing to help contribute if there are ideas! The avatar I'm using is based off the ones I did for the WJC this past season.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Anyone have any ideas or interest in an avatar theme or do you guys mostly like making your own? I'm not a Photoshop wizard by any means but I'd be willing to help contribute if there are ideas! The avatar I'm using is based off the ones I did for the WJC this past season.
Dallas had a theme around a dissing they took in the local media......Phoenix had a homeless theme that was great......Thrashers had a scrubs theme I believe? They can be pretty funny.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Yes I love Dallas' theme, I laugh at the "Goatlender" one every time. Not sure if people would want a "inside joke" type of theme or just something like what you have or what I have where it's simply players with a template.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
We should do a Trayvon Martin themed Avatar!

Old
07-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Ugh, if I had time I'd make all the players into Archer like characters similar to this:

I might start doing it over the summer as a pet project.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:50 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Ugh, if I had time I'd make all the players into Archer like characters similar to this:

wow dude impressive work

Old
07-15-2013, 08:07 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

Nice work, sir. What did you use?

Old
07-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
It's from here.

http://archer.blogs.fxnetworks.com/2.../hey-everyone/

07-16-2013, 08:18 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

That looks awesome. A cartoon theme would be kind of cool.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Just bought movie tickets for a movie on August 21st.

Can't stop the signal!

Old
07-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Just bought movie tickets for a movie on August 21st.

Can't stop the signal!
Hmm wha? What does this Mortal Instruments thing have to do with Serenity?

Old
07-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Hmm wha? What does this Mortal Instruments thing have to do with Serenity?
Lol, what the hell is Mortal Instruments?

I was at World War Z this weekend and I one of the previews mentioned Serenity is coming back to select theatres this summer, and there is a showing in St. James on August 21st. I am a huge huge Firefly fan, but only got into it after Serenity so I never saw it in theatres, I am super excited

Old
07-16-2013, 10:58 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Vito Correlationi makes me chuckle

Old
07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Lol, what the hell is Mortal Instruments?

I was at World War Z this weekend and I one of the previews mentioned Serenity is coming back to select theatres this summer, and there is a showing in St. James on August 21st. I am a huge huge Firefly fan, but only got into it after Serenity so I never saw it in theatres, I am super excited
Ah, ok. Mortal Instruments, I believe, is some movie where 20-something, waifishly thin Euro-trash model actors/actresses play kick-ass 'half-angels' called 'shadowhunters' who are protecting the world from demons. Also naturally they are broodingly romantic, and just trying to find love at the same time. But sadly, no one really understands them. Or something like that. Blech. :p Where is the :vomit: emoticon?

Old
07-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Ah, ok. Mortal Instruments, I believe, is some movie where 20-something, waifishly thin Euro-trash model actors/actresses play kick-ass 'half-angels' called 'shadowhunters' who are protecting the world from demons. Also naturally they are broodingly romantic, and just trying to find love at the same time. But sadly, no one really understands them. Or something like that. Blech. :p Where is the :vomit: emoticon?
I looked it up.

Meh Lena Headey is in it. That's always good That's all I could come up with for positives

Old
07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
I looked it up.

Meh Lena Headey is in it. That's always good That's all I could come up with for positives
Yeah. Well, it is teen-fantasy-romance stuff, so I guess it is what it is. The genre is here to stay it seems. I'm going to coin a new phrase here: 'Fantangsty'.

On that note I can't claim to be some movie snob: I just saw (and enjoyed) a movie with giant robots fighting giant monsters FFS.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:31 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
GST cheque time! Wait. I owe the Gubment some money. Looks like no GST for me until January, or something.

^^;

Old
07-17-2013, 11:35 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

James Wright is also in town, he talked to the prospects on Tuesday about his road to the NHL, according to Andrew Copps twitter.

Jason Jaffray is also in town according to his twitter for the players cup.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
GST cheque time! Wait. I owe the Gubment some money. Looks like no GST for me until January, or something.

^^;
Could be worse, student loans have me in debt 5 figures.

Old
07-18-2013, 01:03 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post

^^;
What is this "GST cheque thing" you go on about?

Just kidding.

Listen, to all you young folks, please accept a bit of advice form an old guy - take your GST refunds, and your income tax refunds and either invest in an RSP or a RHOP, or at the very least stick the money in a TFSA.

Start planning for your future now, because the future has an awful way of becoming the past very quickly.

Mrs. Monty and I got lucky - our house has almost quadrupled in value in just over 12 years, and she now earns way more than me, enough that she has had to start using my RSP contribution excess. Otherwise, we'd be in a pickle when it comes to retirement. I only started saving in my mid-forties, and it looked like we would be homeless by the time I retired.

But here's the reason I recommend starting it now - my son, who started saving a RSP when he worked at the RBC 10 years ago while he was getting his first degree, has seen his RSP grow to more than double in value, and yet he hasn't made a contribution in more than five years. As soon as he starts adding to it again when he gets a job post-graduate, by the time he retires 30 years from now it will be worth several million dollars.

Start saving now!

Old
07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Amen Darth.....it seems like it is away off in the future but it will arrive much faster than you think.

Ok I am generally not the complaining type but I am not a fan of those rants on TSN 1290 that Beau does (I think that's his name)? They are really cheesy!

Old
07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
What is this "GST cheque thing" you go on about?

Just kidding.

Listen, to all you young folks, please accept a bit of advice form an old guy - take your GST refunds, and your income tax refunds and either invest in an RSP or a RHOP, or at the very least stick the money in a TFSA.

Start planning for your future now, because the future has an awful way of becoming the past very quickly.

Mrs. Monty and I got lucky - our house has almost quadrupled in value in just over 12 years, and she now earns way more than me, enough that she has had to start using my RSP contribution excess. Otherwise, we'd be in a pickle when it comes to retirement. I only started saving in my mid-forties, and it looked like we would be homeless by the time I retired.

But here's the reason I recommend starting it now - my son, who started saving a RSP when he worked at the RBC 10 years ago while he was getting his first degree, has seen his RSP grow to more than double in value, and yet he hasn't made a contribution in more than five years. As soon as he starts adding to it again when he gets a job post-graduate, by the time he retires 30 years from now it will be worth several million dollars.

Start saving now!
Listen to this guy. Most of my government cheques just go right into my TFSA or savings. I never blow that stuff frivolously.

RBC phoned me one day and said "usually when they see those with that amount in their savings account they suggest getting a TFSA" so I've got one of those and a high interest savings account. I'm still in university so I haven't invested in RSPs yet but that's my first plan once I've graduated and am employed. I've got a friend whose parents set up that sort of stuff so I'm going to go to them once I'm ready.

When I worked in high school and throughout the summers in university, I've essentially saved all I could besides spending on gas, books, school and food. I'm a bit "luckier" than most in that I get some monthly government money (being a dependent) but I try and save as much as I can.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Amen Darth.....it seems like it is away off in the future but it will arrive much faster than you think.

Ok I am generally not the complaining type but I am not a fan of those rants on TSN 1290 that Beau does (I think that's his name)? They are really cheesy!

Im a big 1290 fan.....but I agree 110%......Every time those rants come on the radio I want to drive my car into a tree at top speed

Please 1290 producers cut him OFF!!!!

Old
07-18-2013, 03:18 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post

Nice avatar, ps241. I hope this means what I think it does when the GDTs return.

Closed Thread