HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
  #51
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
So Microsoft has done a 180 and have gotten rid of DRM, online check ins and game trading.
What was DRM?

Game trading never really affected me, I take religious care of my games and never buy used. I also always keep my games, since I replay ALOT of games 2-3-4 years down the road, even those with limited replayability since I will have mostly forgotten them by then.

They didn't scrape the game sharing thing though did they? I heard about that and was super psyched, sharing games with friends is something I do a lot and the new game sharing sounded ****ing awesome.

I will be buying an Xbox One, and I will be getting my friends to do the same. I just much prefer their stuff to PS. Be getting my buddies to do the same. All the stuff that made the ps3 "superior" is gone or matched anyways (free online gaming, blu-ray capability).

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  #52
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
Go BROWNS
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
The fact that they even thought that their DRM was a good idea tells me all I need to know.

PS4 will have better RAM, the exclusive games look much better, the controller is much improved, I can play PS4 games on my Vita remotely. Saving $100 on the console and receiving a library of game with PS+ on launch is awesome. Gaikai streaming will bring PS1, 2 and 3 titles to the PS4. 500GB hard drive that I can remove and replace with 1TB or more if I want.

I guess it helps that I'm a Sony guy who already owns a few things. But really... who thinks that the always-on 24hr check-in is a good idea? If your internet goes down for a couple days you wouldn't have even been able to play it.

There are lots of people who trade in games to get new ones. I'm a bit of a game hoarder sometimes, but if I can get rid of a couple games I haven't played in a year for a new game, that's great. If you sold a game to your friend (who you had to be friends with for more than 30 days on XBL), they have to keep it forever and couldn't sell it to one of their friends. I don't understand it, I guess.

Just my opinion.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
  #53
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
The fact that they even thought that their DRM was a good idea tells me all I need to know.

PS4 will have better RAM, the exclusive games look much better, the controller is much improved, I can play PS4 games on my Vita remotely. Saving $100 on the console and receiving a library of game with PS+ on launch is awesome. Gaikai streaming will bring PS1, 2 and 3 titles to the PS4. 500GB hard drive that I can remove and replace with 1TB or more if I want.

I guess it helps that I'm a Sony guy who already owns a few things. But really... who thinks that the always-on 24hr check-in is a good idea? If your internet goes down for a couple days you wouldn't have even been able to play it.

There are lots of people who trade in games to get new ones. I'm a bit of a game hoarder sometimes, but if I can get rid of a couple games I haven't played in a year for a new game, that's great. If you sold a game to your friend (who you had to be friends with for more than 30 days on XBL), they have to keep it forever and couldn't sell it to one of their friends. I don't understand it, I guess.

Just my opinion.
Xbox 360 had a removable hard drive, haven't heard anything to indicate that that is no longer the case with Xbox One. Xbox 360 also had different sales for different hard drive sizes, so you could pick your own. No longer the case?

Nobody thought that that was a good idea. But I think you are overstating it. I would lose my mind if my internet was down for a few days anyways. How many times has that REALLY happened?

Haven't really been following gaming as much recently, but both system both have had solid exclusives. And by looks you can rarely tell all that much about a game.

Meh, it just seems to me like PS is "in" and Xbox is "out". Whatever, I will be Xboxing it up. But all this talk makes me want to crack out my PSP which I haven't played in like 3 years, it was awesome back in the day though.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:16 PM
  #54
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
Go BROWNS
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
It was confirmed that the One will have a 500GB non-removable HD. I assume they could have different sizes in the future.

My uncle has a cabin we go to quite often that doesn't have internet access. If we were going out there for a few weeks I might feel inclined to bring my gaming machine and play, but I'd only have a day to do my playing.

Maybe I'm a bit too anti-Xbox but I was pretty much on the fence until E3. Still doesn't matter to me which system someone chooses. I guess seeing all the polls and angry gamers was the "oh ****" moment.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:16 PM
  #55
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 460
good on them for getting rid of the drm stuff. now if they offered a version without the kinect they may have me considering being a customer again .

tacogeoff is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:37 PM
  #56
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Man, James Gandolfini dead at 51.

Brutal.

Lynk is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:56 PM
  #57
ps241
It's closing time.
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,469
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Man, James Gandolfini dead at 51.

Brutal.
Brutal is right Lynk!! he and his wife had just had a baby daughter in October as well.

RIP James

ps241 is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 08:28 PM
  #58
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,066
vCash: 72
Really one of the best television actors of all time. Huge loss.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
  #59
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,571
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
So Microsoft has done a 180 and have gotten rid of DRM, online check ins and game trading.
The hubris alone that it would have taken for them to have decided on that course of action in the first place is enough to sour me on them for a long time.

Huffer is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:45 PM
  #60
Jet
Moderator
Big Ben
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,283
vCash: 50
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.

__________________
Go Jets Go!
Jet is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:47 PM
  #61
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.
Once we get our One's you need to add me as friend

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:48 PM
  #62
Jet
Moderator
Big Ben
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Once we get our One's you need to add me as friend
Yeah man... game it up!

Jet is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #63
Jet
Moderator
Big Ben
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,283
vCash: 50
Jays: Winners of 8 in a row, and only one game under .500

Starting to hope for an exciting late summer - fall

Jet is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 09:57 PM
  #64
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Jays: Winners of 8 in a row, and only one game under .500

Starting to hope for an exciting late summer - fall
I was sooooo pumped for Blue Jays season this year. That April took the wind right out of my sails (it's been like 10 years since I have been pumped for baseball), but now I may have some hope. However the past few years it has been late July/early August that have destroyed the Jays when the divisional play ramps up, so we'll see.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
  #65
Jet
Moderator
Big Ben
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I was sooooo pumped for Blue Jays season this year. That April took the wind right out of my sails (it's been like 10 years since I have been pumped for baseball), but now I may have some hope. However the past few years it has been late July/early August that have destroyed the Jays when the divisional play ramps up, so we'll see.
Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Before, it was always a very young team with an inexprienced staff that overperformed and faded when things got serious.

This year, they had a gorgeous starting rotation, great bullpen, hitting, and lots of veterans. I think now they are back in it, they will only get stronger. GO JAYS GO!

Jet is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
  #66
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,850
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.
Ah! Nice to hear. I too shall stick with the One AOP.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  #67
Aela*
#MeatisMurder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,536
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
i hope the jays pull it together like they have been, they look real good when they put it all together, but other than the past while that hasn't happened a whole lot this season.

also after looking at the exclusives i'd pretty much rather buy a pc right now

Aela* is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 10:22 PM
  #68
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Before, it was always a very young team with an inexprienced staff that overperformed and faded when things got serious.

This year, they had a gorgeous starting rotation, great bullpen, hitting, and lots of veterans. I think now they are back in it, they will only get stronger. GO JAYS GO!
I hope your optimism is validated. I am a bandwagon Jays fan, I have no illusions about that (I don't bandwagon ANY other teams in MLB though). Let's see, if Jays are still in it by mid-August I will be here talking Jays with you

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
  #69
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,335
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.
Eh. I still much prefer the PS over the Xbox, but I'll go where the games I want are, which are mostly RPGs. I've spent an assload of time on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen since its release.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
  #70
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,596
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Jays: Winners of 8 in a row, and only one game under .500

Starting to hope for an exciting late summer - fall
Go Yankees!!!

bigplay41* is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 11:06 PM
  #71
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,707
vCash: 500
anyone ever wanted to get into DBZ but found it to drag on... well no longer, here is a season compressed into 2 minutes:


garret9 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 11:10 PM
  #72
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
Go BROWNS
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Ugh, I tried to follow the Jays somewhat this season. I gave up less than 10 games in. If they can push their way to a fight for the division maybe I'll watch some more.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 01:15 AM
  #73
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow
 
Mathmew Purrrr Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: meow
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,946
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Go Yankees!!!
sorry to inform you but they are destined for the basement

smoke and mirrors can't last forever

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 02:10 AM
  #74
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Ah! Nice to hear. I too shall stick with the One AOP.
Sweet. When Xbox One gets out I will buying and I'll add you as friend as well. Xboxers unite!

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
06-20-2013, 03:50 AM
  #75
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,350
vCash: 50
Microsoft used their ejection seat - the right choice to do. You don't **** with the internet generation guys... I thought an enterprise like Microsoft would have known about that.

GermanJetsFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.