HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak????

Old
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Louis St Blues

vCash: 500
Halak????

Does anyone know if this guy will ever play again? One of the best playoff clinics ever in goal with the Habs and he's on the bench...again. Elliot can not take us there folks and we have a team that can do this...very frusturating.

Louis St Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
france62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis St Blues View Post
Does anyone know if this guy will ever play again? One of the best playoff clinics ever in goal with the Habs and he's on the bench...again. Elliot can not take us there folks and we have a team that can do this...very frusturating.
Elliott is playing pretty good, and Halak hasn't played in almost 1 month due to his groin injury, unless Elliott starts playing really really bad, I don't think we'll see Halak, and if Elliott keeps this up, I'm pretty sure Halak is traded this summer, hopefully to an Eastern team

france62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Seriously?

Jaro wouldn't have done any better than Elliott in the first 3 games, and Elliott was hardly to blame for the goals lost in the last game either.

He'll need to wait his turn, because Elliott is the least of our problems.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX

vCash: 200
Yeah...He's sure done a great job at either losing the starter position or getting hurt.

Lord Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

vCash: 150
So we take out one of the hottest goalies in the league for a guy who has struggled all year and hasnt played in almost 2 months?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Louis St Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
So we take out one of the hottest goalies in the league for a guy who has struggled all year and hasnt played in almost 2 months?
I would assume that he has been practicing...I hope I’m wrong but not long ago Elliot was one of the worst goalies in the league and he goes to Peoria for a couple games and comes back a superstar…really. This is the same guy we had in goal last year and got swept and you think I’m crazy for wanting a change because it's starting to look like groundhog day. How many quality chances have we even allowed so far… give our defense the credit not Elliot for being mediocre. We are one of the best defensive teams if not the best in the playoffs GAA means nothing…we need wins baby.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
BBSuns

You ride the hot tender into the playoffs. If Jaro hadn't gone down, he'd likely be in net right now.

BBSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
I would assume that he has been practicing...I hope I’m wrong but not long ago Elliot was one of the worst goalies in the league and he goes to Peoria for a couple games and comes back a superstar…really. This is the same guy we had in goal last year and got swept and you think I’m crazy for wanting a change because it's starting to look like groundhog day. How many quality chances have we even allowed so far… give our defense the credit not Elliot for being mediocre. We are one of the best defensive teams if not the best in the playoffs GAA means nothing…we need wins baby.
If you take out those 6 games from earlier this season. Elliott is putting up legendary numbers. What has Halak done for this team? He has now lost his job 3 times, 2 to Brian Elliott and 1 to Jake Allen. The only reason he didn't lose his job the first season was because Ty Conklin was our backup.

Eliott has been excellent this series and none of the goals he let up so far would have been savable by Halak the sieve.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Use the Schwartz*

He'll be packaged off for a number one center this off season.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
I know a perfect place for this.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
You say GAA means nothing. But how would inserting Halak help us score more goals?

Old
05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Louis St Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
You say GAA means nothing. But how would inserting Halak help us score more goals?
Sorry?...Elliot's 1.67 GAA means nothing with the defence he has in front of him. We need to win games brother...if the Blues score three goals in in game nobody should beat us with the defensive game we have.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:26 PM
halaktarasenkofan

Quote:
Sorry?...Elliot's 1.67 GAA means nothing with the defence he has in front of him. We need to win games brother...if the Blues score three goals in in game nobody should beat us with the defensive game we have.
let them be in deni!! they gonna regret halak like montreal is doing now!!!

halaktarasenkofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Elliott has allowed 7G in four playoff games...

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
So.......you think that Elliott is letting in one or two goals too many each game? The Blues should be winning every game 1-0?

The Blues' main problem is needing to get 35-40 shots on goal to score a paltry 2 goals. Their problem is not being able to take advantage of scoring opportunities.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:59 PM
intangible

Did anyone else catch that Halak wasn't even celebrating when we tied it up? Just sat there like the weak, mentally incapable goalie he is. If there's anything that's killing this team, it's that kind of loser attitude infiltrating our locker room.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:08 AM
BergMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Did anyone else catch that Halak wasn't even celebrating when we tied it up? Just sat there like the weak, mentally incapable goalie he is. If there's anything that's killing this team, it's that kind of loser attitude infiltrating our locker room.
I get that everyone is mad right now but Blaming the back up goalie for a loss doesn't really make sense.

In my opinion this whole team just needs shooting drills after shooting drills. Watching other games it makes me feel like our players have the worst accuracy in the league. It almost feels like our goals are half luck and half stuff ins. We have a great qualtity of players that only show flashes of high level play. As other teams say about us, we don;t have any gamebreaker forwards.

BergMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Yep, it's Halak's fault we are losing...

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yep, it's Halak's fault we are losing...
We always need a scapegoat. Always.

Might as well be a Halak. What's he done for us lately? Kept the bench warm? Opened the door well?

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Bluesman91

I don't think he is stating Halak is why we are losing a game. But he really shows no emotion or really any happiness towards this team. Obviously none of us are in the locker room but Halak really just doesn't seem like a guy that gets along well with the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he's requested a trade.

However while Elliott has played good, I wouldn't mind seeing Jaro in Game 6 to say, "If you're the playoff hero we thought you'd be, here's your chance and prove why you should still be on this team."

And you guys should know well how much of a Halak hater I am lol.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
He'll be packaged off for a number one center this off season.

I'd be fine with that and this is coming from a former Halak supporter. Just can't trust a guy who is this fragile. It's going to take Halak, Perron and Shattenkirk to acquire a top line #1 center.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:54 AM
intangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I don't think he is stating Halak is why we are losing a game. But he really shows no emotion or really any happiness towards this team. Obviously none of us are in the locker room but Halak really just doesn't seem like a guy that gets along well with the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he's requested a trade.
Exactly right. This is a guy who was brought in to be our starter, given starter money, and was supposed to be a leader. Now he pouts on the bench because he's outplayed by a glorified backup and an AHLer. Life is tough, buddy. But those kinds of attitudes do rub off, especially on a team as mentally inconsistent as the Blues.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Duel Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Seriously?

Jaro wouldn't have done any better than Elliott in the first 3 games, and Elliott was hardly to blame for the goals lost in the last game either.

He'll need to wait his turn, because Elliott is the least of our problems.
This.

Thank you.

JustOneB4IDie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:23 AM
HockeyGuy73

I think people are misreading Halak. Ever since he came here, he has been an even keel kind of guy. Even when he was playing, he rarely showed emotion. Whether or not he should be in goal for game 6, I dont think so. Not unless he can score some goals from back there.

HockeyGuy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Megalodan
Registered Loser

i would have been in favor of putting in halak to keep the lineup sharp and players on their toes, while putting a little fire under our competitive goalies' butts. too late for that, now.

Megalodan is offline   Reply With Quote