HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Predict the biggest move for Canadian team this summer.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:15 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Predict the biggest move for Canadian team this summer.

Who do you think will be the biggest move for the 7 Canadian teams this summer ?

Toronto Clarkson
OTT Briere
Montreal Bolland
Win Ryder
Edm Yandle
CGY Brad Richards
Van Weiss

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

marc bergevin buys a taco but leaves it in a taxi

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:18 AM
SeidoN
Pacing Well

how about we wait and see if any of those are even accurate?

EDIT: just to clarify, are you speculating on big moves the CAN teams could make, or asking which is the biggest move of the 7 predictions you listed?

SeidoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Brooklanders*

I see the Leafs getting their man Clarksson. Nj is in financial disarray. Nj will be out of the Bernier running.
Philly after recent moves won't pursue Bernier. Leafs don't have any interest either. Leafs will trade Liles to the Islanders to replace Streit. They may take back some cash. Leafs then offer a deal to Mason Raymond. They will go after Scuderi but his wife chooses to remain in the US.
Canucks trade Booth for a bag of pucks and buyout Ballard.
They fail to replace Raymond. Ryder turns down an offer from them. They get stuck with two # 1 goalies.
Montreal signs Brunner and Fillipupla
Jets get Horton and Boyes
NHL announces a new franchise in Quebec and immediately rewards the # 1 pick first overall in the 2013 draft to them. They don't start play until 2014 though.
They end up dealing the pick to Edmonton. Edmonton passes on Jones to select MacKinnon because you can never have enough centers.
Edmonton finally gets size by signing Antropov as a free agent.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Just One Cup

Not sure which team but I'm thinking Seattle? I kid, if edm got Yandle i think it would have the biggest impact of the bunch.

Just One Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:38 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
how about we wait and see if any of those are even accurate?

EDIT: just to clarify, are you speculating on big moves the CAN teams could make, or asking which is the biggest move of the 7 predictions you listed?
I am asking who you think the "prize" addition to to eac Canadian team will be

Old
06-18-2013, 05:50 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Not sure which team but I'm thinking Seattle? I kid, if edm got Yandle i think it would have the biggest impact of the bunch.
I think Edm will be up to something big

Old
06-18-2013, 08:01 AM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

Habs take the DiPietro buyout off NYI hands, drop them #25, #55, Kaberle & Weber, net Niederreiter & move up 10 spaces in the first round of the 2013 draft to #15, drafting Anthony Mantha...also sign Stalberg for 3 years/3 mill per.

Leafs buyout Komisarek, fail at Clarkson (stays in Jersey), overpay Kadri (who, as it turns out, isn't their answer at #1C), don't trade for Luongo (Reimer & Scrivens each have so-so years), draft Frederik Gauthier at #21, and miss the playoffs.

Sens do nothing of note, draft Robert Hagg at #17, and continue along their merry way to another 2nd round playoff exit.

The 'Peg go all-in on Weiss being able to play with Kane (it doesn't go as planned), draft Bo Horvat at #13, and miss the playoff again.

Flames rebuild (slowly, painfully), draft Sean Monohan at #6, Zack Fucale at #22, and Steve Santini at #28.

Oilers, while having all the young talent in the world, still suck & miss the playoffs...everyone knows they're drafting Darnell Nurse at #7, so we need not talk about it.

"Nucks draft Madison Bowey at #24, sign Filppula, dump Luongo on the Panthers for a snow cone machine and not much else, Schnieder has a very up-and-down year, and they are swept in the first round by the Ducks.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Buckets and Gloves
#NotMyBruinsGm

Oilers actually making an attempt to assemble an NHL caliber roster and try to win games.

Not sure how they will do it, but have a feeling the acceptance and almost encouragement of losing is going out the door with Tambo.

Lots of changes in Edmonton I suspect either way they will be major players.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I see the Leafs getting their man Clarksson. Nj is in financial disarray. Nj will be out of the Bernier running.
Philly after recent moves won't pursue Bernier. Leafs don't have any interest either. Leafs will trade Liles to the Islanders to replace Streit. They may take back some cash. Leafs then offer a deal to Mason Raymond. They will go after Scuderi but his wife chooses to remain in the US.
Canucks trade Booth for a bag of pucks and buyout Ballard.
They fail to replace Raymond. Ryder turns down an offer from them. They get stuck with two # 1 goalies.
Montreal signs Brunner and Fillipupla
Jets get Horton and Boyes
NHL announces a new franchise in Quebec and immediately rewards the # 1 pick first overall in the 2013 draft to them. They don't start play until 2014 though.
They end up dealing the pick to Edmonton. Edmonton passes on Jones to select MacKinnon because you can never have enough centers.
Edmonton finally gets size by signing Antropov as a free agent.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:36 AM
BonkTastic
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Habs take the DiPietro buyout off NYI hands, drop them #25, #55, Kaberle & Weber, net Niederreiter & move up 10 spaces in the first round of the 2013 draft to #15, drafting Anthony Mantha...also sign Stalberg for 3 years/3 mill per.

Leafs buyout Komisarek, fail at Clarkson (stays in Jersey), overpay Kadri (who, as it turns out, isn't their answer at #1C), don't trade for Luongo (Reimer & Scrivens each have so-so years), draft Frederik Gauthier at #21, and miss the playoffs.

Sens do nothing of note, draft Robert Hagg at #17, and continue along their merry way to another 2nd round playoff exit.

The 'Peg go all-in on Weiss being able to play with Kane (it doesn't go as planned), draft Bo Horvat at #13, and miss the playoff again.

Flames rebuild (slowly, painfully), draft Sean Monohan at #6, Zack Fucale at #22, and Steve Santini at #28.

Oilers, while having all the young talent in the world, still suck & miss the playoffs...everyone knows they're drafting Darnell Nurse at #7, so we need not talk about it.

"Nucks draft Madison Bowey at #24, sign Filppula, dump Luongo on the Panthers for a snow cone machine and not much else, Schnieder has a very up-and-down year, and they are swept in the first round by the Ducks.

Wouldn't hate this. Basically, this means all our young kids would get another 1st round series win under their belts, continue their development.

As for the Sens, I think while there is a chance Murray goes out and pulls the trigger for a top-line winger, adding a guy like Briere is a realistic, if not boring, scenario. Murray will make a trade, but he's got a hole on the blueline with Gonch leaving to Dallas, and if anything, 2013 proved we have a scoring defecit up front, too.

Sesn will probably be decently active. Oilers & Canucks will be the two most active among Canadian teams as far as big pieces are concerned.

IN ORDER OF MOST ACTIVE TO LEAST ACTIVE:
(my best guess, at least)
1) Edmonton will make a big, splashy, risky trade to try to push them into the playoffs. MacT is going to pull the trigger on a big deal, and also some over-the-top UFA signing. Maybe they risk a Bryzgalov deal?

2) Something needs to happen in Vancouver to address the Luongo situation. Also, after getting swept, I don't think that Luongo and Vigneault will be the only casualties this offseason for the Canucks.

3) Sens will make a trade, for sure. What I'm not sure of, is whether it'll be for a forward or a defenceman. Also, not sure if we're trading "futures" (draft picks, non-roster prospects currently in the system) or one of Zibanejad/Silfverberg/Other roster players in order to make that trade.

4) Toronto needs a center to replace Bozak, they'll go after Weiss, or Richards if he's bought out. Most of that team's core is set though. Clarkson would be their blockbuster add, if you consider David Clarkson as a "blockbuster".

5) Calgary will probably go the Florida route for a few years (pick up some underperforming vets to plug holes in the hope they can find their game again, then trade them for picks at the deadline, all the while letting their kids develop) and aim for the playoffs in ~2015-16.

6) Winnipeg... I have no idea. They're probably scared off of bringing in a big name guy after the Jokinen contract last year. They might move a blueline piece, but I think their big moves won't come until next year, after they test the waters in the West and figure out what they will need to add to compete in a much tougher division. Just a gut feeling.

7) Montreal overachieved this year (compared to where everyone thought they'd be... chill Habs fans, I'm not knocking your team here), they'll probably just tread water as far as major additions go and hope that their young guys (Patches, Eller, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu, Tinordi) can continue to improve.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Sloth Slothersons*

Edm trades Hall for Seguin

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:41 AM
junyab

Vancouver will offload a goalie.
Edmonton will deal a forward for a defencemen.
Toronto/Calgary/Ottawa/Montreal will do nothing major.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

The Coyotes move to Quebec.....does this count?

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:45 AM
SpezDispenser

Ottawa signs Briere as a UFA and acquires Dan Boyle at the draft.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:52 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Wouldn't hate this. Basically, this means all our young kids would get another 1st round series win under their belts, continue their development.

As for the Sens, I think while there is a chance Murray goes out and pulls the trigger for a top-line winger, adding a guy like Briere is a realistic, if not boring, scenario. Murray will make a trade, but he's got a hole on the blueline with Gonch leaving to Dallas, and if anything, 2013 proved we have a scoring defecit up front, too.

Sesn will probably be decently active. Oilers & Canucks will be the two most active among Canadian teams as far as big pieces are concerned.

IN ORDER OF MOST ACTIVE TO LEAST ACTIVE:
(my best guess, at least)
1) Edmonton will make a big, splashy, risky trade to try to push them into the playoffs. MacT is going to pull the trigger on a big deal, and also some over-the-top UFA signing. Maybe they risk a Bryzgalov deal?

2) Something needs to happen in Vancouver to address the Luongo situation. Also, after getting swept, I don't think that Luongo and Vigneault will be the only casualties this offseason for the Canucks.

3) Sens will make a trade, for sure. What I'm not sure of, is whether it'll be for a forward or a defenceman. Also, not sure if we're trading "futures" (draft picks, non-roster prospects currently in the system) or one of Zibanejad/Silfverberg/Other roster players in order to make that trade.

4) Toronto needs a center to replace Bozak, they'll go after Weiss, or Richards if he's bought out. Most of that team's core is set though. Clarkson would be their blockbuster add, if you consider David Clarkson as a "blockbuster".

5) Calgary will probably go the Florida route for a few years (pick up some underperforming vets to plug holes in the hope they can find their game again, then trade them for picks at the deadline, all the while letting their kids develop) and aim for the playoffs in ~2015-16.

6) Winnipeg... I have no idea. They're probably scared off of bringing in a big name guy after the Jokinen contract last year. They might move a blueline piece, but I think their big moves won't come until next year, after they test the waters in the West and figure out what they will need to add to compete in a much tougher division. Just a gut feeling.

7) Montreal overachieved this year (compared to where everyone thought they'd be... chill Habs fans, I'm not knocking your team here), they'll probably just tread water as far as major additions go and hope that their young guys (Patches, Eller, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu, Tinordi) can continue to improve.

Clarkson a blockbuster no but he would be a significant peice

Old
06-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Clarkson a blockbuster no but he would be a significant peice
I heard again this morning that Bozak contract talks are not going well (apparently, he thinks he's worth 5mil), so while i'd take Clarkson.....Nonis better be looking at centers very hard.....Mr.Weiss....paging Mr.Weiss.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Peter

Edmonton: acquires a legit #1 goalie (like a Miller/Luongo type)
Calgary: moves Tangs or Cammy for prospect/picks
Winnipeg: trades Burmi and Kane for veteran goal scoring and leadership (like a Kesler type)
Montreal: moves Markov now that value is high again to move up in draft
Toronto: ha ha ha ha ha
Ottawa: signs or trades for a #3 or #4 defenceman
Vancouver: trades Luongo and gets a lot more than most on here think they will

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Don't think the Habs do anything big. Our "biggest" move will be drafting 6 times in the top 90.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:10 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I heard again this morning that Bozak contract talks are not going well (apparently, he thinks he's worth 5mil), so while i'd take Clarkson.....Nonis better be looking at centers very hard.....Mr.Weiss....paging Mr.Weiss.
I hate the guy but Mike Ribeiro is significantly better then Weiss

Old
06-18-2013, 09:11 AM
ReimerIsFuture

Leafs will mainly get rid of some salary but I see a few decent moves arising.

-Liles to NYI for a 3rd and a 6th.

-Grabovski gets bought out, ends up in Calgary.

-Leafs slightly overpay for Clarkson.

-Nonis tries at Weiss but ultimately fails.

-Scrivens gets traded to Edmonton (hometown-ish) for a 2nd or a prospect.

-Sign Emery

-Gardiner gets traded for Sean Couturier

-Leafs trade Komisarek to NYI for RDP and the #15

-Leafs trade down from #21 to get #26 and #44 from Anaheim

-Leafs draft Max Domi at #15, Madison Bowey at #26, Justin Bailey at #44, and Eric Comrie at #51

-Amnesty buyout RDP

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Couturier - Kulemin
Frattin - Colborne - Clarkson
Orr - McClement - D'Amigo

Phaneuf - Rielly
Franson - Fraser
Blacker - Gunnarsson

Reimer
Emery

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:11 AM
One M0RE YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa signs Briere as a UFA and acquires Dan Boyle at the draft.
That would be great. what do you think the sens would have to give up to get boyle?

One M0RE YEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Red Winger 87
He's the Man(tha)

vCash: 1500
One of the big 4 or a couple of high draft picks in Edmonton gets traded for a #1 defenceman.

Luongo gets traded to...Philadelphia for picks.

Red Winger 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
tony d
Ocean Spray

For Ottawa I think we'll trade Jared Cowen, Milan Michalek and this year's 1st to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan. Also we'll sign Danny Briere in free agency.

Also I think Edmonton will surprise everyone at the draft by trading Jordan Eberle, their 1st rounder this year to a team for a stud defenseman.

06-18-2013, 09:21 AM
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
One of the big 4 or a couple of high draft picks in Edmonton gets traded for a #1 defenceman.

Luongo gets traded to...Philadelphia for picks.
So Philly buys out Briere and Bryzgalov to acquire the contract of Luongo? Addition by subtraction at its finest.

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote