HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which kids are ready

View Poll Results: Which kids do you think are ready.
Tyler Johnson 54 79.41%
Andrej Palat 47 69.12%
Mark Barberio 17 25.00%
Richard Panik 56 82.35%
Matt Taormina 19 27.94%
Brett Connolly 46 67.65%
JT Brown 14 20.59%
JT Wyman 13 19.12%
Andrej Sustr 4 5.88%
Dmitri Korobov 6 8.82%
Vlad Namestnikov 6 8.82%
Nikita Kucherov 2 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-26-2013, 08:38 PM
2015cupwinners

vCash: 500
Which kids are ready

Which kids do you think are ready. You can make multiple selections.

Syracuse playoff stats, http://www.syracusecrunch.com/sports...x?path=mhockey

Last edited by 2015cupwinners: 06-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.
2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:57 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

I voted Palat, Johnson, Panik, Connolly, Brown, Taormina, and Wyman although he's not really a kid. I think all these guys can play in the NHL but I think only Palat, Johnson, and Panik actually make the team out of camp. I think they're a clear cut better than everyone else. I'm also hesitant to say Barberio. I'm not so sure he's good enough defensively right now to stick it in the NHL.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:01 PM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

I voted Palat, Johnson, and Panik. Connolly could use one more season in the A I think. Recall him in case of injury.

But the other three are ready. And, if I'm honest with myself, even though our center depth isn't great, I could see Johnson being traded.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I voted Palat, Johnson, and Panik. Connolly could use one more season in the A I think. Recall him in case of injury.

But the other three are ready. And, if I'm honest with myself, even though our center depth isn't great, I could see Johnson being traded.
I don't see him getting moved unless a good defender is coming back.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Glide5

Ya, Johnson, Panik, and Palat seem like the three who will make it out of camp. Connolly and Barberio probably need another year, but are excellent back-ups when we will need them. Taorimina and Brown both could also be good back-ups, but I dont see either making it out of the training camp.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:23 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 163
Obviously, the big three (TyJo, Palat, Panik).

I think both Connolly and Barberio would benefit from another year (mainly) in the AHL.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Puckerz

Sustr is gonna surprise people!

Puckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
CaptBrannigan

Was lucky to see a Crunch playoff game this year and Palat and Gudas were both head and shoukders above everyone else. Panik was injured and didn't play. Johnson was good but appeared greatly dependent on Palat to do the work and make the space but is a great finisher. Desjardins looked terrible. I don't think his style will work for long stretches in the league, he plays like a low rent Quick. These are of course one game observations.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:38 PM
chasespace

Palat, Johnson, and Panik showed they're ready for the NHL during their stint last season.

Barberio, Brown, and Sustr will most likely be the first ones called up.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Sky04

Connolly isn't ready from what we've seen last year, he completely loses his confidence once he hits NHL ice, he doesn't do his thing in front of the net, and is very conservative with his play in the big league.

It's really not worth giving up a roster spot in the top-6 just so Connolly can develop confidence and he really isn't suited for a 3rd/4th line NHL role.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Syracuse Crunch fan

I went with the Crunch top line like most. I still see Connolly getting traded. Brown and Vlady need another year. Barberio...he's good, and played very well in stretches. Want to see him dominate. At this point he's a bottom pair guy, but could be a second pair if he takes another step. He's got to do that here. He won't get the ice time with the big club to take that step.

Syracuse Crunch fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan View Post
I went with the Crunch top line like most. I still see Connolly getting traded. Brown and Vlady need another year. Barberio...he's good, and played very well in stretches. Want to see him dominate. At this point he's a bottom pair guy, but could be a second pair if he takes another step. He's got to do that here. He won't get the ice time with the big club to take that step.
What about korobov? I hears he's a rock out there. Any truth to that? How far away do you think he is?

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Korobov is going to be a much more patient path to the NHL. I think hes quite solid, but the GR series exposed him a few times and he should have some stuff to work on this offseason.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:24 AM
HoseEmUp

Johnson, Palat, and Panik. Connolly doesn't look ready, sky's post hit the nail on the head.

HoseEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:25 PM
dbieon12
Seen Stamkos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Connolly isn't ready from what we've seen last year, he completely loses his confidence once he hits NHL ice, he doesn't do his thing in front of the net, and is very conservative with his play in the big league.

It's really not worth giving up a roster spot in the top-6 just so Connolly can develop confidence and he really isn't suited for a 3rd/4th line NHL role.
Not that I disagree, but is there any other viable way for Connolly to get NHL-level confidence?

Old
06-29-2013, 09:49 AM
zeykshade

Brett Connolly is 21 ('92).
When he used his decent size in the AHL, he was a real force around the net. When he slacked off or shied away from the traffic areas, he disappeared.
He took major steps this season in Syracuse. He was consistently producing with Devos and a revolving winger.

He wasn't trusted in the playoffs in defensively important situations. That's not awful though, he doesn't project as a 3rd/4th line winger with PK ability. Johnson, Palat, Brown, Wyman, Angelidis...these guys did the heavy lifting in defensive situations. They're all older and better at the two way game than Connolly. None of those other players has the ceiling Connolly does though.

I think Brett Connolly's confidence is the only issue holding him back. I'm really interested in camp for him.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
Not that I disagree, but is there any other viable way for Connolly to get NHL-level confidence?
I think it's something he needs to work out himself, it's just more like general self confidence. There's less pressure in the AHL, significantly lower fans, not everything you do is mirco-analyzed, he seems a lot more comfortable there.

Not really sure what others can really do for him about this though, I'm sure he's been told a plethora of times by the veterans and coaches to just relax out there.

IMO I don't see the "drive" in Connolly to prove himself and go above and beyond, he just seems like he wants to "fit in" in the NHL, this is probably the main reason I supported trading Connolly over a guy like Conacher, who's just dead set on proving critics wrong.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
What about korobov? I hears he's a rock out there. Any truth to that? How far away do you think he is?
As was said earlier, Korobov is still a couple years away. He has a lot of potential to be a solid two-way guy. He played his best when paired with Gudas, was not nearly as good when he didn't have him as a partner. Another year here with more confidence will do him a lot of good. I would put him third on the Crunch after Barberio and Taormina right now (didn't see enough of the new kids to really say).

Syracuse Crunch fan is offline   Reply With Quote