HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kris Letang on the block?

Old
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I would like to see him in Denver.
Methinks Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy share your sentiment.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:37 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Talbot moved for family reasons.
And this doesn't apply to Briere how?

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club

vCash: 0
letang might be a good #2 for phaneuf.

1st 2013 + matt finn + kulemin for letang.

pitts always had a hard-on for kulemin, so this trade might be attractive to them... (keep in mind, matt finn was a projected mid 1st rd pick in last year's draft but dropped to us in the second round)

OR

gardiner + kulimen for letang

thoughts?

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterCallSaul View Post

pitts always had a hard-on for kulemin, so this trade might be attractive to them... (keep in mind, matt finn was a projected mid 1st rd pick in last year's draft but dropped to us in the second round)

OR

thoughts?
No thanks to both. Also lol at Letang being a #2 to Phaneuf

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
I would like to see him in Denver.
Well... I for one would like to listen to Erik Johnson +.
He is good, should become very good/great, fits our needs and capsituation....

But Colorado needs to add, and I dont really know what it should be.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
radapex

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
I have no idea. Harrington, Pouliot, and Maatta are not ready yet imo. Dumoulin should be ready for next year, and take over a role in our defense.
Martin-orpik
Despres-?
Engo-Dumoulin
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Harrington steps right into the NHL next season. Kid's a stud.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Beauner

Quote:

OR

thoughts?
That's no where near quality value for Letang.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Tony Romo

I would assume if the leafs were to make an offer it would have to start with reilly ++

Tony Romo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
No thanks to both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauner View Post
That's no where near quality value for Letang.
alright, so what exactly is the return that pitts is asking for him?

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Well... I for one would like to listen to Erik Johnson +.
He is good, should become very good/great, fits our needs and capsituation....

But Colorado needs to add, and I dont really know what it should be.
Avs really aren't in a position to trade EJ, they should build around him.

Is it fair to assume that the Penguins would want a cheap young scoring winger, a goaltending prospect (Avs have 4 with NHL potential) and a young defenseman who could fill in for Letang down the road?

Personally I think the Avs would behighly interested in Letang and I think they could look to move Paul Stastny to get assets that would be attractive to the Pens.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Why would they trade Letang and keep Fleury?

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:50 PM
DRL

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Tyson Barrie + Calvin Pickard + 1st 2014 would be something that might work for both teams.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
radapex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
Why would they trade Letang and keep Fleury?
1) The Penguins are loaded with good defense prospects, and have literally 2 goalie prospects in the organization - both of whom were drafted last year. It's much easier for them to replace Letang than Fleury.

2) Shero said doesn't feel he can replace Fleury's regular season production with the options that are out there. Despite his playoff implosions, Fleury's been a workhorse for them in the regular season.

3) I firmly believe that part of Gilles Meloche resigning as goalie coach was that Fleury gets 1 year with the new coach before the organization dumps him.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Would Pittsburgh consider a straight 1 for 1 swap for Alex Edler? Letang is likely the better player, but it is certainly close. Letang is no doubt better offensively (although Edler is no slouch either) where as Edler is more physical and is slightly better defensively. The value for Pittsburgh here is more or less in the contract. If Letang is asking for 7mil per year and Pittsburgh can't afford that, Edler is a comparable player at a comparable age signed longterm for 2mil less per season.

The advantage for Vancouver is three fold. First, it helps create a shake-up without sacrificing our defensive depth. Second, we are extremely deep on the left side and weak up the left; this trade would help correct that. And third, we could use a right handed PP QB to help solidify what seems to be a stale PP these past 2 years.

Just a thought, it could work out well for both teams under the right conditions. As a Canuck fan I wouldn't be willing to add much, and I would want to know that we could get Letang locked up before hand.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Would Pittsburgh consider a straight 1 for 1 swap for Alex Edler? Letang is likely the better player, but it is certainly close. Letang is no doubt better offensively (although Edler is no slouch either) where as Edler is more physical and is slightly better defensively. The value for Pittsburgh here is more or less in the contract. If Letang is asking for 7mil per year and Pittsburgh can't afford that, Edler is a comparable player at a comparable age signed longterm for 2mil less per season.

The advantage for Vancouver is three fold. First, it helps create a shake-up without sacrificing our defensive depth. Second, we are extremely deep on the left side and weak up the left; this trade would help correct that. And third, we could use a right handed PP QB to help solidify what seems to be a stale PP these past 2 years.

Just a thought, it could work out well for both teams under the right conditions. As a Canuck fan I wouldn't be willing to add much, and I would want to know that we could get Letang locked up before hand.
maybe a deal centered around Edler for Letang, but it doesn't make sense from Vancouver's standpoint.

one of the offers in here was Edler + Kassian/Jensen + 1st 2014 + conditional 3rd 2014 (becomes 4th if Letang doesn't re-sign). that could be the possible return Shero may ask for, but i don't see either side getting a deal like that done.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Beauner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Tyson Barrie + Calvin Pickard + 1st 2014 would be something that might work for both teams.
No. It really wouldn't. Pittsburgh has tons of D prospects and Pickard is meh. Would rather have an established guy. The 1st is alright.
Quote:
alright, so what exactly is the return that pitts is asking for him?
If I'm Shero, I'd start with Gardiner/Gunnarson, Kulemin and a 1st. Even then it's iffy.
Quote:

It wouldn't be bad but I think some additions by both sides, in the form of draft picks, would need to be done to even it out.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Shwag33

Quote:

Edler would get half what letang will in a trade.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
blankall

The issue in Pitts is salary.

What about:

Glencross
Giordano
+ (maybe their own 1st or even Tanguay if there is any interest)

Gives the Pens two great players in their prime, signed on the cheap. Glencross' is gritty and his greatest skill is getting into scoring positions. He'd put up 30+ goals a year on Pitts with either of Malkin or Crosby. If the Pens are looking for a cheap top 4 defenceman, Giordano is one of the best bang for the buck. He's also got a cannon of a shot that could help replace Letang's offence.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
glasgow26

San Jose's beat writer, David Pollak, is speculating that the Sharks might be among the teams interested. While I'd love Letang in teal, I just don't see what the Sharks could offer. Couture and Burns are off the table and their prospect pool is essentially empty aside from Hertl and Nieto. I guess Pavelski++ could be a starting point, but I doubt the Penguins want another center.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
CreeksideStrangler

I would take Letang for Kule, JML and 1st

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Dupree13

Quote:
Avs really aren't in a position to trade EJ, they should build around him.

Is it fair to assume that the Penguins would want a cheap young scoring winger, a goaltending prospect (Avs have 4 with NHL potential) and a young defenseman who could fill in for Letang down the road?

Personally I think the Avs would behighly interested in Letang and I think they could look to move Paul Stastny to get assets that would be attractive to the Pens.
So build around Letang instead. Maybe the Pens could throw in another D depending on what else the Avs would add.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
No thanks to both. Also lol at Letang being a #2 to Phaneuf
Agreed, lookout Reimer

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:27 PM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post

Edler would get half what letang will in a trade.
If you don't consider contracts. Edler is locked up at 5, and that's a steal. I'd be willing to add to Edler, but wouldn't do more than Edler + 1st.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The issue in Pitts is salary.

What about:

Glencross
Giordano
+ (maybe their own 1st or even Tanguay if there is any interest)

Gives the Pens two great players in their prime, signed on the cheap. Glencross' is gritty and his greatest skill is getting into scoring positions. He'd put up 30+ goals a year on Pitts with either of Malkin or Crosby. If the Pens are looking for a cheap top 4 defenceman, Giordano is one of the best bang for the buck. He's also got a cannon of a shot that could help replace Letang's offence.
I wouldnt mind this deal, really like Glencross but pens are going to ask for one of the other 2 first rounders you have.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Letang to Philly would be hysterical.

Talbot, Gustafsson and 11th overall.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote