HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Letang on the block?

Old
06-24-2013, 02:21 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
Already forgot the isles series?
Nope.

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Kosik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
??? Really?
Something about them being able to get a NTC that kicks in the minute the contract is signed.

Kosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
??? Really?
Yepp.

Quote:
But there's another new CBA provision that the Ducks were able to flex in drawing up these new contracts: introducing the Jeff Carter clause.

(That's not what it's actually called. But it's easy to see why we should call it that.)

Both Perry and Getzlaf's new deals come with no-movement clauses, but where they differ from the no-movement clauses of the past is that they kick in immediately, as opposed to next summer, when the rest of the deal goes into effect. This is, according to Pierre Lebrun, a new wrinkle in the CBA that allows such clauses to be activated right away upon signing an extension.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3054--nhl.html

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
that honestly seems fair. What a dirtball move from Philly that was. Its worked out alright for Carter though

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
supercilious

Haven't read any of the thread

Would Gardiner, Kulemin a 1st and a prospect land Letang from a Pitt pov?

Curious about the value

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Detective 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post

Curious about the value
Honestly, I think it would depending on the prospect. I think it's good value, minimal cap hit returning, and fills the Pens needs.

Detective 45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Hottubber

Quote:

Curious about the value
I think Gardiner and Kulemin would be good additions in a trade. I think a lot of pens fans would like a pick closer to the top 10 tho.

Didn't see the prospect addition but as Detective said, it would depend on who it is but I think its definitely getting close IMO

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Oxide

vCash: 50
Pierre Lebrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pens GM Ray Shero and Kris Letang's agent Kent Hughes spoke again today. Still no resolution. Plan to speak again this week
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...00590414807041

Oxide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:40 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
letang was awful this postseason.

he did nothing on the powerplay and he was the definition of defensive liability in most of the games.

there's no argument when you say "letang had a great postseason because he scored a lot of points", the problem with that is for every point he scored, he directly led to a goal against.

hockey is a two way game, letang played a one way game.
Ah yes.
The incredibly subjective (and extremely invalid) "played poor defensively" because I said so.
Since you're pointing out logistical flaws in arguments, let me point out the massive one in yours.
You've offered no proof.
And since you've basically noted how incredible his points were, you're going to have to offer up a whole lot of examples of his horrible defense in order to justify his entire train wreck of a post season.

Let me help you out. There isn't enough evidence to validate your opinion my friend. He made mistakes for certain. As does Chara or every other player on the ice. I would suggest that you didn't truly watch every Penguin game. I would suggest that you gain a better understanding of defense, and the many ways one can prevent goals. I would suggest that you understand that your argument that he played great offensively but poor defensively can't be used in such a black and white manner. I would suggest that you understand that because he played great in transition he was able to play great offensively.

PM me with the many examples of awful defense if you want. Enough to justify your posting regarding his play.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Pierre Lebrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pens GM Ray Shero and Kris Letang's agent Kent Hughes spoke again today. Still no resolution. Plan to speak again this week
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...00590414807041
Would like to know if they're close or not..seems like this is going to go all the way up to the draft.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:05 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
No, I mean his overall struggles the past 2 post season years.
Well then you're still wrong. Because "overall" he didn't struggle this post season. Isolated points he did, but isolated points hardly make up the whole when added together in this case.

Did you lose a bet regarding your avatar?

Old
06-24-2013, 08:25 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
Already forgot the isles series?
What about the Isles series? The Penguins coaching and Maffy were the culprits in that series. Letang was a great weapon in that series with his speed and transition. He logged a ton of ice time, blocked shots, threw a bunch of hits and out of 6 games (and all of that ice time), was only on the ice for TWO ES goals against. Neither his fault and one shoulda been stopped
Soooo what about his series against the Isles (whom people are really starting to overrate what they did vs the Penguins btw).

Old
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Oilerfan93

7th overall + mps + petry for a signed letang

Oilerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective 45 View Post
I wouldn't take anything Rob Rossi says seriously.. He's a total joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Simon View Post
Its Rob Rossi saying this so take it with a grain of salt. He claimed that Yandle to Pittsburgh was a done deal last year at the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I saw Rossi and stopped reading.
This, Rossi is a tool. Nothing much here, likely Shero does whatever he can to get Tanger to stay.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Honour Over Glory

Player wants to stay and get a fair contract and GM wants to keep him.

Yes, that definitely means the GM wants to move a 26yr old Norris Candidate and a top 3 point player on defense (last season, best even strength point producer). Aside from the haters and their expert opinions on his play in the playoffs, if Letang was ever truly on the market, 29 teams would be calling Shero.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan93 View Post
I was thinking almost the exact same deal.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You 2 obviously saw the amateur blog that called for this trade. 1) it's not valid because Shero hasn't tried to see what he can get yet. 2) That package isn't what Shero would ask for if he did contact Edmonton.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:40 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Considering the following factors, that isn't a good deal for the Penguins.
A) The deal the Penguins got for an UNSIGNED Staal exceeds the value of this package.
B) you want to give less value, for a better player and then require him to be signed?
C) Petry wouldn't come close to filling the hole left by Letangs departure and as far as MPS goes, I'm not really as enamoured with him as I once was.

Just a bad deal for the Penguins. The only thing I'd accept from that package (if you put it in a different proposal) for Letang would be the pick.

Old
06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
stardog

Wow, what a bad turnover between Kieth and Seabrook there.
As did Chara on the game tying goal as well as Boychuk on the go ahead goal.
Based on the time of game, where it occurred and the situation, according to poster Shawg33's theory, this has in fact, ruined the two of their chances at having anything but an abysmal playoffs.

Last edited by stardog: 06-24-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old
06-24-2013, 09:54 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerfan93 View Post
Nope. Eberle or Yakupov? Yes. Or Letang+ for Eberle and Smid?

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
superhenderson13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
What a load. Go spread your sensationalist ******** elsewhere.
yawn let me guess... you're one of those fans who think the penguins lost because they didn't get the breaks, bylsma is a great coach, and some changes to the bottom 6 and this team will be fine.

let me know when you're ready to have a big boy discussion, ill be waiting.

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:43 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Nope. Eberle or Yakupov? Yes. Or Letang+ for Eberle and Smid?
Wha? First of all, to use a 90's phrase, in your dreams. Secondly why the hell would Pittsburgh swallow that much salary.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
superhenderson13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
Ah yes.
The incredibly subjective (and extremely invalid) "played poor defensively" because I said so.
Since you're pointing out logistical flaws in arguments, let me point out the massive one in yours.
You've offered no proof.
And since you've basically noted how incredible his points were, you're going to have to offer up a whole lot of examples of his horrible defense in order to justify his entire train wreck of a post season.

Let me help you out. There isn't enough evidence to validate your opinion my friend. He made mistakes for certain. As does Chara or every other player on the ice. I would suggest that you didn't truly watch every Penguin game. I would suggest that you gain a better understanding of defense, and the many ways one can prevent goals. I would suggest that you understand that your argument that he played great offensively but poor defensively can't be used in such a black and white manner. I would suggest that you understand that because he played great in transition he was able to play great offensively.

PM me with the many examples of awful defense if you want. Enough to justify your posting regarding his play.
ah yes, here we go... the "I know more about hockey than you because I disagree with you" idea... oh and my favorite... "I disagree with your opinion, so clearly you didn't watch any games while I watched them all"

take your 8th grade insults and arguments somewhere else.

there isn't enough to validate my opinion? did you watch the islanders series? the bruins series? did you watch him get fancy with the puck and try to skate with it instead of simply clearing it? did you watch him send the puck blindly up the boards where it was easily intercepted by a point man? did you watch him send pucks up the middle of the ice? did you see him allow guys to simply skate right to the front of the net?

did I ever say I expected kris letang to be perfect? no. I didn't.

kris letang is not the guy you win Stanley cups with when he is your highest paid dman. especially for 7+ million for a guy who cant even QB a PP.

yes, letang is a super offensive defensemen. if the penguins give him 7 million, there goes the penguins getting a real top d partner who you can trust in the last 2 minutes while up by 1.

if it was game 7 and the penguins were up 1 with 2 minutes left, would you put letang out there? I know I wouldn't.

so, just because we don't share the same opinion, doesn't mean you're right and i'm wrong. it means we have a difference of opinions.

and by the way... do yourself a favor and get over yourself, people might take you a little more seriously.

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
Quote:

Curious about the value
I'd take it. Gardiner is a reasonable replacement for Letang, Kulemin and Malkin hopefully have great chemistry, and I think the 1st and prospect fill in the value gap.

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:14 PM
#1GuinFan

vCash: 3116
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post

and by the way... do yourself a favor and get over yourself, people might take you a little more seriously.

quoted with the hope that perhaps you may take your own advice.

You see Letang one way, others seem him another way. If he gets dealt, we'll know his value to the rest of the league. In the meantime, you may want to dial down the arrogance. Stardogs been around a long time, knows his hockey, from your posts I'd say you do not - but that's just my opinion, so I can't be wrong according to you.

#1GuinFan is offline   Reply With Quote