HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part III]

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 04:48 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part III]

Part I
Part II

Continue.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:15 PM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Luce sounded very impressed with Barkov and mentioned how they looked into his medical records. I'm sure that's procedural but it does sound like we could pick him, lol

Old
06-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Crossbar

From the "Jones, Drouin then MacKinnon.." thread on NHL Draft 2013 forum, dress rehearsal....

Old
06-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Sports24-7

Craig Button in the TSN Draft preview mentioned that some people think Drouin can play center. It certainly does make a little bit of sense looking at his skill set. So my thought are:

1. To the draft experts on this board, do you think Drouin can play center?

2. If you (or the Panthers) do, does that elevate him a bit in your eyes and make him more of a contender at 2?

Regardless of whether he's a winger or a center, I'm starting to think maybe he wouldn't be a better choice than Jones. I still might lean towards Jones right now, but it's pretty close in my eyes. Drouin and Huberdeau on the same line is scary good considering their skill sets. If Drouin turns in to a Kane or St. Louis, is that really someone you want to pass on if you have the opportunity to draft him?

Old
06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
From the "Jones, Drouin then MacKinnon.." thread on NHL Draft 2013 forum, dress rehearsal....

That would be a complete nightmare for me. Drouin is the one player out of the three that I really don't want and MacKinnon would go Tampa of all places.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:32 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Craig Button in the TSN Draft preview mentioned that some people think Drouin can play center. It certainly does make a little bit of sense looking at his skill set. So my thought are:

2. If you (or the Panthers) do, does that elevate him a bit in your eyes and make him more of a contender at 2?

Regardless of whether he's a winger or a center, I'm starting to think maybe he wouldn't be a better choice than Jones. I still might lean towards Jones right now, but it's pretty close in my eyes. Drouin and Huberdeau on the same line is scary good considering their skill sets. If Drouin turns in to a Kane or St. Louis, is that really someone you want to pass on if you have the opportunity to draft him?
drouins skating isn't as elite as kaners was

however, florida needs a 1C, a 1D and markström to become a true starter. in my book, drouin is a bit too small and not physical enough to be a great center, but there's always waysa round it.

if jones is avaible we can eventually fill the need of that #1D that every cup winner have had for so long. look at what pronger managed to do with edmonton, flyers etc. a good 30min d-man does so much in the playoffs

Old
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I'm at a wedding so I can't baby sit you all tonight. Try to behave yourselves until I get back.

Why is my table always the last one called to the damned buffet.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Sports24-7

If Mac does in fact go #1, maybe the best move would be trade down to 4. There is talk that Nashville really likes Jones. Their GM said he's the best player in the draft. If they were to offer us a package that was worth while, you could just sit at 4 and take whichever of Drouin or Barkov is there and still come out of this with a blue chip prospect.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Boooooth10

^ And why would Tampa pass on Jones?

Old
06-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
^ And why would Tampa pass on Jones?
Not really sure what you mean. The Preds would take Jones at 2. That's the crux of the trade.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Boooooth10

Wow. Just ignore me. I've been outside in the heat for way too long.

Old
06-29-2013, 06:01 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Seth Jones near than Avalanche logo is the biggest tease of the weekend.

Old
06-29-2013, 06:05 PM
batting1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Seth Jones near than Avalanche logo is the biggest tease of the weekend.
That would be great...

Old
06-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Beezeral

I have been team call Avs bluff up until today. go out and get that pick. give them pick 1 in the 2nd round if you have 2, but make sure you get mackinnon tomorrow

Old
06-29-2013, 07:13 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/l...-latest/latest

Old
06-29-2013, 07:31 PM
gudzilla

Erin Brown ‏@rinkside 1m

Observation from meeting with #FlaPanthers today: lots of talk about Jones and Barkov. Not much about MacKinnon. Very little Drouin.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:51 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Finally got the Columbus interview on Jones working, and I can agree with whoever said in the last thread that Kekalainen looked like Blofeld minus the cat.

I would have said president of Hells Angels thou.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
Erin Brown ‏@rinkside 1m

Observation from meeting with #FlaPanthers today: lots of talk about Jones and Barkov. Not much about MacKinnon. Very little Drouin.
No Barkov please. I like his skill I just don't see him becoming anything close that what to be projected. Also I fear he'll be injure prone.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
gudzilla

Erin Brown ‏@rinkside 2m

Worth noting. #FlaPanthers GM Tallon says he believes #Avs Sakic, Roy being honest when they say they'll draft MacKinnon.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Erin Brown ‏@rinkside 1m

Perhaps some more head games with Colorado, showing them we don't covet MacK as much as they do (certainly not at the cost of Guds), Barkov in case we move down to #4 and Tampa goes with Drouin? Carolina canceled their meeting with Jones lol!

Old
06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post

For me it was never about position. I don't value him as highly as MacKinnon and Jones because he's small, doesn't have elite top end speed, and has a lot of adjustments to make if he is to have success in the NHL. I could see him as a center in the NHL, but it's more a hope and a prayer than a likelihood. Like FP mentioned, his size doesn't make it highly likely, plus he isn't very good defensively which is a big black mark. He does have other attributes that could make the transition possible, but IMO he is better suited to wing.

I don't think Drouin and Huberdeau would be necessarily that great because they both look to pass first, especially Drouin. Actually I think MacKinnon(obviously) and Barkov would be better fits for Huby.

Drouin might turn into a St. Louis, but of course it's not a guarantee. Just like MacKinnon could turn into Stamkos, Jones could turn into Bourque, Barkov could turn into Kopitar. No guarantees though. All of the top 4 have tremendous upsides.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Erin Brown ‏@rinkside 1m

Not surprising. They know MacKinnon is going #1, and Drouin is the least safe of the top 4 and also the least likely to make the NHL next season. I never thought Tallon would consider Drouin very seriously.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:46 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Carolina canceled their meeting with Jones lol!
To me it means they want to trade back and very likely will.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
We want MacKinnon. DT make it so! I don't want a dman at #2 overall. I don't want another fragile european and I know you won't draft Drouin. We want MacKinnon!! I don't care what it costs to move up. I'm sick and tired of not having a legitimate 1rst line.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
We want MacKinnon. DT make it so! I don't want a dman at #2 overall. I don't want another fragile european and I know you won't draft Drouin. We want MacKinnon!! I don't care what it costs to move up. I'm sick and tired of not having a legitimate 1rst line.
Tallon is not going to gut our prospect pool just to get MacKinnon. If the rumors are true, the price is ridiculous. Jones has the same value as MacKinnon and Barkov isn't far behind. It doesn't make sense to give that much up.

Closed Thread