HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ullstrom to HC Lokomotiv

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 02:11 PM
  #51
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
I honestly didn't see him as a long-term answer for the Islanders, maybe a bottom 6 guy but I don't blame him for making this decision.

It's why, especially in the later rounds of the draft, if you like a North American & European kid about equally, it's better to take the North American. It'll be a lot harder for guys like Anders Lee & Cizikas to leave the NHL and go play over in Europe.
Tell that to Rhett Rakhshani, Justin Dibenedetto, Mark Katic and loads of others. European leagues are loaded with North American players these days.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:31 PM
  #52
BelovedIsles
Registered User
 
BelovedIsles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In Your head [;
Country: United States
Posts: 10,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Mistake not giving him a one-way deal. Yes, bottom-6'ers do not make or break a team, that said, I believe he could contribute better than what NYI currently has on the bottom-6; and depth is important.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  #53
Johan35
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Luleå
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Haven't got any info on the length of his deal with Jaroslavl, but sources tell me he's looking at 7 figures/year. I heard Jaroslavl had been high on Ullström for quite some time so hopefully he'll continue his development nicely and return once his deal expires.

Johan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
  #54
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,174
vCash: 250
As with Petrov, what is the term of the contract and when does he become a UFA? If this contract is for more than 2 years we may lose him. I am pretty sure any player can be an UFA at age 27.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:46 PM
  #55
thedonger
Registered User
 
thedonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
thought i read khl contracts are minimum 2 years?

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:55 PM
  #56
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
As with Petrov, what is the term of the contract and when does he become a UFA? If this contract is for more than 2 years we may lose him. I am pretty sure any player can be an UFA at age 27.
It's in a number of threads.

His current contract has one more season on it.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:00 PM
  #57
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
Ullstrom has a great game or two that makes you think he has turned the corner then he reverts back to typical Ullstrom. He is not a Top 6 player on this team and frankly does not play with enough physicality or defense to be a 3rd/4th liner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There was a report that he got sent down because the isles wanted more effort from him. I took that to mean stronger defensive effort and physical play.
Both these SCREAM Blake Comeau/Rob Schremp. We saw how both of those worked out on our rosters, no need for a redux

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
  #58
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That never dawned on me until your post. Good for Lokomotiv, I think Ullstrom can help them. I'm not thrilled that Ullstrom is gone, but I won't cry over it either. We still have his rights so let him develop over there because the numbers game is starting to take shape.
And this is a good thing. Maybe it's finally time for Rookies to earn their spots and have a NHL caliber team. We are so not used to this because of how bad we have been. If this was 6 years ago, Ullstrom would have been a top line player here on LI. Now he is a guy who unfortunately/fortunately we can let go. I liked the kid and what he brought when he played, but at the same time if we have better options I don't blame him or Snow for this.

It's time we have a real NHL squad and players will have to earn their way on this team, not given a spot because "that's all we have". Good times a coming!!!!

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
  #59
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,286
vCash: 500
Ullstrom is a great skater, 2nd only to Grabner on the Isles.
I liked his game and his potential, but if we had no room for him, he could have been better utilized as a trade asset.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
  #60
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 10,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I liked his game and his potential, but if we had no room for him, he could have been better utilized as a trade asset.
Disagree. Might as well let him go over and see what happens. If he improves, you can either trade him at high value or bring him back. Right now, I can't imagine his trade value being all that high.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
  #61
Dutch Frost
Battle Level
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
Ullstrom has a great game or two that makes you think he has turned the corner then he reverts back to typical Ullstrom. He is not a Top 6 player on this team and frankly does not play with enough physicality or defense to be a 3rd/4th liner
So I other words he is Kyle Okposo??

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
  #62
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Somehow I think this move may have been done with Garth's blessings as it solves a potential headache or two with roster space issues. If Ullstrom goes to Russia and does well the Islanders can bring him back to a bigger role and if he doesn't then good riddance.

If AHL salaries were bigger then more of these guys couldbe kept around but when you easily make more money in a second or third rate Euro league then there's always a danger of players leaving.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:04 AM
  #63
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
The 12th forward spot is now officially up for grabs.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:00 AM
  #64
VAIsles
Rest in Peace Radar!
 
VAIsles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Northern VA
Country: United States
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
I seem to remember Ully being injured for a decent stretch last season and this team didn't miss a beat. Nice guy but not that big of a deal. Like Nelson and Lee a lot better. Ully best of luck but to me its not a situation to lose sleep over. Isles will be fine. You gotta think the playoff run and Pens series might get the Isles to seem a bit more attractive to a Briere type who might take less money for a "stick it to the NHL contact." Reading Roenick's book he took less money at the end of his career to prove it that he still had gas in the tank. I remember he did well for San Jose the second to last year of his career.

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
  #65
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
I think Ullstrom is an under appreciated player. Admittedly, I have been higher on him and his abilities than most fans and experts since he was drafted, so I'm biased but I am really surprised that so many feel him leaving is not really a big deal. I don't view him as expendable as most do.

When I look at Ullstrom I see a kid that has a good shot, good frame, very good puck skills, very good vision, ability and a willingness to win pucks on the boards and corners on a regular basis at the highest of levels (NHL) a player that goes to the net hard and tries hard defensively and has decent technical skills defensively for example intercepting passes and taking pucks off the oppositions sticks with his hands/body. Where he is deficient is his placement defensively and sometimes reading a play defensively. Some say his Hockey IQ is low, and I feel this may be true on the defensive side, but not on the offensive side. I would argue that offensively he is very creative and usually makes the right play.

IMO he is exactly the type of winger that the Isles need given their personnel and system (Petrov is another one exactly like Ullstrom only with better defensive skills and people joke about him and write him off as well). Ullstrom needs to brush up on his defensive reads and positioning, but really that's the only fault he has and he still is capable of making nice plays in his own zone, especially winning the puck and getting to and through the neutral zone.

If the Islanders view him as expendable becuase his defensive game isn't up to snuff, that's fine (I GUESS) but I better not ever see them sign someone like Boyes again (I wont even mention Moulsons defensive ineptitude, but I guess I just did). Perhaps Moulson is a better scorer than Ullstrom, but I think Ullstrom is a better creator and playmaker and Ullstrom given top 6 minutes and 2nd PP time could easily score 20 goals in an NHL season and add at least as many assists while being an asset along the boards and transition game.

Lastly, The Islanders were strong last year because of their depth and ability to plug rookies in. Im sure there will be even more injuries this season than last, and to have talent guys like Ullstrom just walk is a mistake to me. Especially a guy like Ullstrom who is NHL ready, no questions about it, he can play.

Oh and I wanted to say that as much as I liked Ullstrom, I liked him even more after he was demoted and clearly wasn't happy about it but continued to produce and go about his business. It speaks to the kind of person he is, and I think he will be missed.

I guess I just think this is a bigger loss than most fans realize or care to admit.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  #66
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I think Ullstrom is an under appreciated player. Admittedly, I have been higher on him and his abilities than most fans and experts since he was drafted, so I'm biased but I am really surprised that so many feel him leaving is not really a big deal. I don't view him as expendable as most do.

When I look at Ullstrom I see a kid that has a good shot, good frame, very good puck skills, very good vision, ability and a willingness to win pucks on the boards and corners on a regular basis at the highest of levels (NHL) a player that goes to the net hard and tries hard defensively and has decent technical skills defensively for example intercepting passes and taking pucks off the oppositions sticks with his hands/body. Where he is deficient is his placement defensively and sometimes reading a play defensively. Some say his Hockey IQ is low, and I feel this may be true on the defensive side, but not on the offensive side. I would argue that offensively he is very creative and usually makes the right play.

IMO he is exactly the type of winger that the Isles need given their personnel and system (Petrov is another one exactly like Ullstrom only with better defensive skills and people joke about him and write him off as well). Ullstrom needs to brush up on his defensive reads and positioning, but really that's the only fault he has and he still is capable of making nice plays in his own zone, especially winning the puck and getting to and through the neutral zone.

If the Islanders view him as expendable becuase his defensive game isn't up to snuff, that's fine (I GUESS) but I better not ever see them sign someone like Boyes again (I wont even mention Moulsons defensive ineptitude, but I guess I just did). Perhaps Moulson is a better scorer than Ullstrom, but I think Ullstrom is a better creator and playmaker and Ullstrom given top 6 minutes and 2nd PP time could easily score 20 goals in an NHL season and add at least as many assists while being an asset along the boards and transition game.

Lastly, The Islanders were strong last year because of their depth and ability to plug rookies in. Im sure there will be even more injuries this season than last, and to have talent guys like Ullstrom just walk is a mistake to me. Especially a guy like Ullstrom who is NHL ready, no questions about it, he can play.

Oh and I wanted to say that as much as I liked Ullstrom, I liked him even more after he was demoted and clearly wasn't happy about it but continued to produce and go about his business. It speaks to the kind of person he is, and I think he will be missed.

I guess I just think this is a bigger loss than most fans realize or care to admit.
I completely agree with you. I thought Ullstrom had 20 goal potential, and he had a pretty decent set of tools to be a consistent 3rd line energy kind of player IMO. I felt the same way when we let Bergenheim walk as I do right now about Ullstrom signing in Russia.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  #67
Chairman Wang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Portugal
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I guess I just think this is a bigger loss than most fans realize or care to admit.
Agree, 24 goals in 40 AHL games only a year ago is nothing to sneeze at. That is as impressive as other more recent Islander prospects. Granted, he may not be as polished as some other prospects... but, shouldn't that be the organizations responsibility to do so?

The last year and a half seems to have been poor handling/development coupled with some bad luck with injuries at some key times. I still think his size and raw skill-set suggested possible top six player with a little guided development.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
  #68
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,174
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
It's in a number of threads.

His current contract has one more season on it.
Chapin - I was asking about Ullstrom's new contract. The articles I looked at online didn't indicate the term of his new deal in the KHL. I realize he is still under contract with the Isles, but there's nothing preventing him from doing a portion of a season just like Radulov to satisfy the final year.

I'm not happy that this went down. Ullstrom was a decent prospect. I would like to hope this was strategy by Snow to kyte a prospect overseas, opening up one of the 50 salary slots to more kids, but I don't think that that's what just happened.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:07 AM
  #69
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I think Ullstrom is an under appreciated player. Admittedly, I have been higher on him and his abilities than most fans and experts since he was drafted, so I'm biased but I am really surprised that so many feel him leaving is not really a big deal. I don't view him as expendable as most do.

When I look at Ullstrom I see a kid that has a good shot, good frame, very good puck skills, very good vision, ability and a willingness to win pucks on the boards and corners on a regular basis at the highest of levels (NHL) a player that goes to the net hard and tries hard defensively and has decent technical skills defensively for example intercepting passes and taking pucks off the oppositions sticks with his hands/body. Where he is deficient is his placement defensively and sometimes reading a play defensively. Some say his Hockey IQ is low, and I feel this may be true on the defensive side, but not on the offensive side. I would argue that offensively he is very creative and usually makes the right play.

IMO he is exactly the type of winger that the Isles need given their personnel and system (Petrov is another one exactly like Ullstrom only with better defensive skills and people joke about him and write him off as well). Ullstrom needs to brush up on his defensive reads and positioning, but really that's the only fault he has and he still is capable of making nice plays in his own zone, especially winning the puck and getting to and through the neutral zone.

If the Islanders view him as expendable becuase his defensive game isn't up to snuff, that's fine (I GUESS) but I better not ever see them sign someone like Boyes again (I wont even mention Moulsons defensive ineptitude, but I guess I just did). Perhaps Moulson is a better scorer than Ullstrom, but I think Ullstrom is a better creator and playmaker and Ullstrom given top 6 minutes and 2nd PP time could easily score 20 goals in an NHL season and add at least as many assists while being an asset along the boards and transition game.

Lastly, The Islanders were strong last year because of their depth and ability to plug rookies in. Im sure there will be even more injuries this season than last, and to have talent guys like Ullstrom just walk is a mistake to me. Especially a guy like Ullstrom who is NHL ready, no questions about it, he can play.

Oh and I wanted to say that as much as I liked Ullstrom, I liked him even more after he was demoted and clearly wasn't happy about it but continued to produce and go about his business. It speaks to the kind of person he is, and I think he will be missed.

I guess I just think this is a bigger loss than most fans realize or care to admit.
I agree ITM, and to say even more about what we lost.......we were praised for our "team speed" by opponents. Now we just lost our second fastest skater. Make no mistake, Ullstrom can fly. If we have become complacent because we have Grabs, that is a comparison no team can make between players as Grabs is IMO the fastest skater in the NHL bar none. So we just lost one of our team strengths. Nino, Strome, Lee, Nelson are not slow but not in the same category of skater.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:22 AM
  #70
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,725
vCash: 500
Wow I can't believe this just happened, pretty shocking. Capuano clearly never liked him for some reason. ****ing pissed.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
  #71
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Wang View Post
Agree, 24 goals in 40 AHL games only a year ago is nothing to sneeze at. That is as impressive as other more recent Islander prospects. Granted, he may not be as polished as some other prospects... but, shouldn't that be the organizations responsibility to do so?

The last year and a half seems to have been poor handling/development coupled with some bad luck with injuries at some key times. I still think his size and raw skill-set suggested possible top six player with a little guided development.
considering Nino had 26 or 27 in 74 games this year and he is the 2nd coming, I think it is a respectable stat line.

He will be missed for sure. Cappy, possible Garth as well, just wanted to hammer him into the bottom of the lineup. I think he could have really blossomed on the top line. Great skater and scores goals, not shy either. Dissappointing. Must have been a tough decision for Ullstrom.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
  #72
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I think Ullstrom is an under appreciated player. Admittedly, I have been higher on him and his abilities than most fans and experts since he was drafted, so I'm biased but I am really surprised that so many feel him leaving is not really a big deal. I don't view him as expendable as most do.

When I look at Ullstrom I see a kid that has a good shot, good frame, very good puck skills, very good vision, ability and a willingness to win pucks on the boards and corners on a regular basis at the highest of levels (NHL) a player that goes to the net hard and tries hard defensively and has decent technical skills defensively for example intercepting passes and taking pucks off the oppositions sticks with his hands/body. Where he is deficient is his placement defensively and sometimes reading a play defensively. Some say his Hockey IQ is low, and I feel this may be true on the defensive side, but not on the offensive side. I would argue that offensively he is very creative and usually makes the right play.

IMO he is exactly the type of winger that the Isles need given their personnel and system (Petrov is another one exactly like Ullstrom only with better defensive skills and people joke about him and write him off as well). Ullstrom needs to brush up on his defensive reads and positioning, but really that's the only fault he has and he still is capable of making nice plays in his own zone, especially winning the puck and getting to and through the neutral zone.

If the Islanders view him as expendable becuase his defensive game isn't up to snuff, that's fine (I GUESS) but I better not ever see them sign someone like Boyes again (I wont even mention Moulsons defensive ineptitude, but I guess I just did). Perhaps Moulson is a better scorer than Ullstrom, but I think Ullstrom is a better creator and playmaker and Ullstrom given top 6 minutes and 2nd PP time could easily score 20 goals in an NHL season and add at least as many assists while being an asset along the boards and transition game.

Lastly, The Islanders were strong last year because of their depth and ability to plug rookies in. Im sure there will be even more injuries this season than last, and to have talent guys like Ullstrom just walk is a mistake to me. Especially a guy like Ullstrom who is NHL ready, no questions about it, he can play.

Oh and I wanted to say that as much as I liked Ullstrom, I liked him even more after he was demoted and clearly wasn't happy about it but continued to produce and go about his business. It speaks to the kind of person he is, and I think he will be missed.

I guess I just think this is a bigger loss than most fans realize or care to admit.
Completely agree with you (and let me just say I always enjoy your posts and respect your opinion). I went to every home game last year and I am really bummed by this as I really enjoyed his all around game and was hoping for better things from him this year if he was given the chance. I agree that he is exactly the kind of player this team needs who has skills, speed, a good frame and defensive ability..I just hope he comes back because if not this is a loss in the long run.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
  #73
ItsthatSimple
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Wow I can't believe this just happened, pretty shocking. Capuano clearly never liked him for some reason. ****ing pissed.

His decision was inevitable, The islanders haven't been able to retain players who are of considerable value. It's sad to see the Islanders so close to becoming a top threat in this league but to always fall short, just like the mets. PICK UP JAGR!!! ESTABLISH SOME EXPERIENCE AND LEADERSHIP GUIDE THESE YOUNG MEN AND TURN THIS TEAM AROUND.... god bless america.

ItsthatSimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
  #74
redbull
springtime hockey!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I agree ITM, and to say even more about what we lost.......we were praised for our "team speed" by opponents. Now we just lost our second fastest skater. Make no mistake, Ullstrom can fly. If we have become complacent because we have Grabs, that is a comparison no team can make between players as Grabs is IMO the fastest skater in the NHL bar none. So we just lost one of our team strengths. Nino, Strome, Lee, Nelson are not slow but not in the same category of skater.
I don't know.

Boulton/?? - Cizikas - Martin
Grabner - (Aucoin) - (McDonald)
Bailey - Nielsen - Okposo
Moulson - Tavares (Boyes)

There are three slots at forward, assuming Bouton will likely platoon with someone, I think McDonald will be the 4th liner (with Cizikas/Martin.

Best bets as of today:
Nelson, Niederreiter, Strome, Lee, Sundstrom, Persson/Kabanov (I'd put Ullstrom right at the top in terms of NHL readiness but probably after Strome when you consider 2013-14 upside.

I also think Snow will go outside the organization to address one forward (hopefully a goalie and dman as well, but not holding my breath)

I can see why Ullstrom couldn't be guaranteed a one-way contract. Although I'd have probably given him one because, in the end, it's not that much money. He'd probably make 700-800k and if he were waived, he'd likely be claimed and we'd lose him outright. Having him in Europe gives the Isles an option since they retain his rights (but I'm sure he'd have to clear waivers if he comes back in 2013-14, not sure about next year (like Joensuu?) or Rakhshani?

I also think Aucoin may come back and it's possible (likely) that Snow thinks Aucoin gives the Islanders much more depth/experience/versatility than Ullstrom.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
  #75
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I don't know.

Boulton/?? - Cizikas - Martin
Grabner - (Aucoin) - (McDonald)
Bailey - Nielsen - Okposo
Moulson - Tavares (Boyes)

There are three slots at forward, assuming Bouton will likely platoon with someone, I think McDonald will be the 4th liner (with Cizikas/Martin.

Best bets as of today:
Nelson, Niederreiter, Strome, Lee, Sundstrom, Persson/Kabanov (I'd put Ullstrom right at the top in terms of NHL readiness but probably after Strome when you consider 2013-14 upside.

I also think Snow will go outside the organization to address one forward (hopefully a goalie and dman as well, but not holding my breath)

I can see why Ullstrom couldn't be guaranteed a one-way contract. Although I'd have probably given him one because, in the end, it's not that much money. He'd probably make 700-800k and if he were waived, he'd likely be claimed and we'd lose him outright. Having him in Europe gives the Isles an option since they retain his rights (but I'm sure he'd have to clear waivers if he comes back in 2013-14, not sure about next year (like Joensuu?) or Rakhshani?

I also think Aucoin may come back and it's possible (likely) that Snow thinks Aucoin gives the Islanders much more depth/experience/versatility than Ullstrom.
I think you might see Nelson start on that 4th line wing early in the season and garth address the RW position externally. Thats about all the changes i see coming. I would like to see Aucoin replaced, but I think cappy and garth liked him. I dont see many changes coming to this team. Maybe a dman/goalie via a Nino trade.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.