HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 12.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  #551
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 71,574
vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Okay. Why aren't you posting this for the guy who originally stated his production dropped after Lavoie left? Unlike you I didn't have the time to check his facts...assumed he had the right info. What's important in my post is that Lavoie and Carrier rarely played togather...and that Carrier's production dropped after he was originally injured..not because of a "linemate" being traded.
Actually, I did sort of point it out, without link though. So Carrier played a few games with that ankle injury is the conclusion out of this...

As for the interview discussion, some teams do interview players again a day or two before the draft once everyone is in the city where the draft is held.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #552
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Grant McCagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
That guy is lying about 8 players interviewing, teams interview probably at least 4 max. Weeks prior to the draft. It's common, they want to make sure the player is the right fit. Not all teams do it but some teams do if they need some more info.
Why are you talking like you are an expert on what all teams do prior to the draft? How exactly would you know this? Who do you scout for? Actually - the way you are posting. like you know what all teams do in regards to the draft...is this Bettman?

There's not a team in the history of the league who has brought 8 guys in to interview the week of the draft. Argue it all you want with no facts to back you up...all you are doing is speculating....yes teams have brought a player in for an extra interview...I never said they don't...but 8? Then you throw a wild number out ther off the top of your head with no basis of facts..that there have been teams that bring in say...four guys..yeah that's it.

You are acting quite condescending...with the "um" and then all these "matter of fact" posts. How many times have you seen McCarron live? You are an expert on him as well apparently...and you also know Pulock is going to be good based on his stats..that's pretty damn impressive.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
  #553
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs76sk View Post
If everything was "logical sense" then the top draftees would always turn out to be the best players. You speak like you are a fortune teller. Please don't speak like you can predict the future when you can't. Who knew that Chuckie's knee was fully healed and he would come back stronger than before? What if the knew wore down throughout this season and he made a sharp cut and blew it out again? Then you would be saying "Oh, we should have taken Reilly, why oh why did we take such an injury risk". All I'm saying is, it's easy to say "I told you so" after the fact.

Now, I'd like to hear all these "big players" that you are high one. So far, all I have heard is that you don't want Petan, and you want big players. Please name some of the guys you want. Surely you can't be high on every player over 6ft in this draft.
1--I said I wanted Galchenyuk on these boards before the last draft for months. I argued with Oilers and Habs fans about him being the best pick for us whether we picked at #1 OR #3. Go back and find some of the old threads leading up to the last draft and you will see I am not saying "I told you so" after the fact, I said it well before the fact. I had a LOT of arguments with Oilers fans when I kept saying Montreal should not rtade up to the 1st overall by selling Subban because we should pick Galchenyuk at #3 since he will still be there. Even if Galchenyuk got injured during the season, he would have been the right pick for us. His knee has as much of a chance of blowing out as Yakupov has of getting ANOTHER concussion.

2--If we are picking #25, and the following are there, I take them ahead of Petan all day long:

Morin
Wennberg (PIPE DREAM!!!)
Ristolainen
Horvat
Rychel
Mantha
Bowey
Heatherington

Those are the immediate guys I would take at #25 (too bad most of them won't be there...sigh..) over Petan (in order in case there is more than one). The same is true at position #34 and 36. If we could get 3 of those guys I would send Timmins a bottle of whatever the heck he drinks and give every kid in my school one free pass on their first detention next year...lol.

Please keep in mind, all of those guys are projected as having both size and skill (for the forwards) or size and strength and toughness, for the defencemen. I honestly believe the difference in point production between Petan and any of the guys on that list would be countered by other aspects of the player picked (for example: Morin could clear the crease, protect Price, fight, hit, skate well, and move the puck well!). If I am picking for the Bruins, sure, I take the chance on Petan because I have the size and toughness in my top 6 I need, and I could use a little more offensive flair. If I am picking for the Canadiens, I take the bigger almost as skilled guy over Petan in this draft.

Finally, I am not a fortune teller or a seer. However, I DO know my hockey and research players and watch quite a bit of hockey. It allows me to speak knowledgeably about the players and to be very successful in hockey pools (never finishing below 2nd). I am not perfect, but I can evaluate talent and get more correct hits in my "guesses" than not. I called Tinordi and Galchenyuk before they happened, along with a few others over the years. I even called Beaulieu going at 17 when he dropped, all the while screaming at my television for the Habs to take Saad. In any case, I am just a guy like many others who watches these things and engages in dialogue about them. Am I claiming I will be 100% right about all of the guys I listed being better than Petan? Heck no. Do I truly believe there is a significant chance that any one of those guys will better help our team in the near future than Petan? Heck yes. Sorry if I argue hard for what I believe in, and I am not trying to be offensive, I am simply passionate and an aggressive writer (I also get peckish when called a "fool" for no good reason...). Be good and enjoy the process.

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  #554
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
The Wheat Kings were among the worst teams in the league and he was injured. That may explain why his points dropped.

If you say his defensive game is terrible or didnt improve, you didnt see him play at all. I saw 2 or 3 games early in the season and he was fine in his own zone. Apparentely he improved.
I would say they were a decent team with him in the lineup and they looked like an absolute mess without him. It's not very often that I've seen one player make that much of a difference when he was there and when he wasn't.

Eric Roy had the deer in the headlights look when Pulock was gone and looked quite confident and able when he was there, as an example, Roy would of been ranked higher in the draft if Pulock had been healthy all season.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:32 PM
  #555
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Grant McCagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Actually, I did sort of point it out, without link though. So Carrier played a few games with that ankle injury is the conclusion out of this...

As for the interview discussion, some teams do interview players again a day or two before the draft once everyone is in the city where the draft is held.
You pointed out what? You can come to whatever conclusion you want...I let folks know that Lavoie and Carrier were not linemates, and that he played with an injury.

Getting tired of the overzealous correctors and pseudo draft experts that are adamant about players they have never seen play other than one or two crappy webcasts. I don't suspect i'll be posting any more.

Some of you seem to want to argue about nothing. No teams are bringing multiple players to their city for interviews the week of the draft. Is that not clear to everyone? Pick apart someone else's posts...I don't have time for the quibbling any more.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  #556
GrindNMuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Why are you talking like you are an expert on what all teams do prior to the draft? How exactly would you know this? Who do you scout for? Actually - the way you are posting. like you know what all teams do in regards to the draft...is this Bettman?

There's not a team in the history of the league who has brought 8 guys in to interview the week of the draft. Argue it all you want with no facts to back you up...all you are doing is speculating....yes teams have brought a player in for an extra interview...I never said they don't...but 8? Then you throw a wild number out ther off the top of your head with no basis of facts..that there have been teams that bring in say...four guys..yeah that's it.

You are acting quite condescending...with the "um" and then all these "matter of fact" posts. How many times have you seen McCarron live? You are an expert on him as well apparently...and you also know Pulock is going to be good based on his stats..that's pretty damn impressive.
Okay, first of all i said that guy is wrong about the 8 players interviewed by the Hab's. And Yes teams do interview and have them come check on the organization, arenas etc.

And Pulock will be a good defensemen in the NHL. He still has to work on some defensive skill, soon as he does that he will be good.

And McCarron, i have seen him probably 15-20 times live.

Thank you

GrindNMuck is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
  #557
habsoutwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Pullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Third year in the WHL.. his stats didn't progress. Consistently looks out of sorts in his own end, I question his defensive IQ.. I don't see a stand-out skill in his own end and the only thing you can say is NHL ready is probably his slap shot.
First time poster, long time viewer. As far as not progressing, I think this may have a lot to do with Brandon's team going south these past 3 years. Pretty easy to look good with Braden Schenn and Jeff Calvert having the puck all the time!

habsoutwest is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #558
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
To habs76sk

One last thing, I would even strongly consider Diaby at the #36 spot over Petan. He is a big defensive defenceman who can really run roughshod over people. He is already 6'5" and 223 pounds! Imagine how amazing he will be when he stops growing! He is already a strong skater and that is usually one of the problems with big, tough defencemen, a lack of skating or mobility. If this kid is there are 34, depending upon what else is around, I would be very happy to see Montreal reach out and grab him. He is a bit of a sleeper, and some guys have disdained him because he does not have great hockey sense or offensive upside, but he knows how to play his position in his own end and does not allow people to get near the goalie. One of the best things about this kid is his compete level, he does not quit or back down. Man, I really hope we can land him. I find it hilarious that ISS has him ranked at 188. There is no way he falls that far down the charts.

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
  #559
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey
 
Viggo Mortensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gondor
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Getting tired of the overzealous correctors and pseudo draft experts that are adamant about players they have never seen play other than one or two crappy webcasts. I don't suspect i'll be posting any more.

Some of you seem to want to argue about nothing. No teams are bringing multiple players to their city for interviews the week of the draft. Is that not clear to everyone? Pick apart someone else's posts...I don't have time for the quibbling any more.
Grant, don't take all that too personal. The closer we get to the draft, these pseudo draft experts all come out of the wood like there's a fire in the forest, and I also find some of them really annoying. But I really like what some people (like you) bring to this thread and it would suck to lose your input on prospects

Viggo Mortensen is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:44 PM
  #560
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
To habs76sk

One last thing, I would even strongly consider Diaby at the #36 spot over Petan. He is a big defensive defenceman who can really run roughshod over people. He is already 6'5" and 223 pounds! Imagine how amazing he will be when he stops growing! He is already a strong skater and that is usually one of the problems with big, tough defencemen, a lack of skating or mobility. If this kid is there are 34, depending upon what else is around, I would be very happy to see Montreal reach out and grab him. He is a bit of a sleeper, and some guys have disdained him because he does not have great hockey sense or offensive upside, but he knows how to play his position in his own end and does not allow people to get near the goalie. One of the best things about this kid is his compete level, he does not quit or back down. Man, I really hope we can land him. I find it hilarious that ISS has him ranked at 188. There is no way he falls that far down the charts.
I'm not sure about #34/#36 but, based on who I have ranked around #55, I think it would be an okay pick there.

His father was a professional soccer player in Africa IIRC.

Draft is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:49 PM
  #561
GrindNMuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
To habs76sk

One last thing, I would even strongly consider Diaby at the #36 spot over Petan. He is a big defensive defenceman who can really run roughshod over people. He is already 6'5" and 223 pounds! Imagine how amazing he will be when he stops growing! He is already a strong skater and that is usually one of the problems with big, tough defencemen, a lack of skating or mobility. If this kid is there are 34, depending upon what else is around, I would be very happy to see Montreal reach out and grab him. He is a bit of a sleeper, and some guys have disdained him because he does not have great hockey sense or offensive upside, but he knows how to play his position in his own end and does not allow people to get near the goalie. One of the best things about this kid is his compete level, he does not quit or back down. Man, I really hope we can land him. I find it hilarious that ISS has him ranked at 188. There is no way he falls that far down the charts.
I don't see Diaby going higher than 50, He's ranked 37 on Central Scouting for North American skaters, but thats just North American Skaters, thats not including European skaters. So i see him going 45th (Anaheim) to 55th pick (Montreal)

GrindNMuck is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
  #562
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
To habs76sk

One last thing, I would even strongly consider Diaby at the #36 spot over Petan. He is a big defensive defenceman who can really run roughshod over people. He is already 6'5" and 223 pounds! Imagine how amazing he will be when he stops growing! He is already a strong skater and that is usually one of the problems with big, tough defencemen, a lack of skating or mobility. If this kid is there are 34, depending upon what else is around, I would be very happy to see Montreal reach out and grab him. He is a bit of a sleeper, and some guys have disdained him because he does not have great hockey sense or offensive upside, but he knows how to play his position in his own end and does not allow people to get near the goalie. One of the best things about this kid is his compete level, he does not quit or back down. Man, I really hope we can land him. I find it hilarious that ISS has him ranked at 188. There is no way he falls that far down the charts.
I suggested the same thing a few weeks back. The suggestion wasn't warmly received. In fact, I have posted and continue to believe that acquiring Diaby is critical to the success of the Habs in this draft, but that is based more on my impressions regarding Diaby than first hand knowledge, so take it for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
  #563
Whitesnake
Here we go again!
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,473
vCash: 725
Not enough Swedish and Finnish reports about some really intriguing prospects. Strange that nobody talks about Joose Antonen that much. I placed him way high in my bottom 2 rounds of my list, yet only because we don't have a 4th or 5th 'cause that kid is a big time sleeper. Same for Carl Dahlstrom, Alex Henriksson, Niklas Hansson and Curz-Rydberg, Linus Arnesson, Fredrik Bergvik (one of my favorites for a goalie pick) and Peter Cehlarik (though we do talk him more often...) And how about a big Saku for a change? Saku Maenalanen. I mean, there might not be a whole lot of BIG names coming from those 2 countries, but somehow, when all is said and done, I think we will be surprised by the quality of it.

In the North American part of the world....I'm also a little surprised to not see Greg Betzgold's name a little more often. Not saying top 2 rounds but I think he has to be considered higher than on most lists.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
  #564
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,273
vCash: 500
Oh cmon Grant. Don't leave us Some of us like the insight. Ignore the dolts.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
  #565
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,602
vCash: 6007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Seems like every year , every PWF types main issue are consistency. You can see it in this draft with Baptiste, Mantha, Dickinson, Rychel and many more but it seems that consistency will always be a problem with these type of players. As good as they are , Pacioretty, Horton and Lucic all had bad stretches this year
Wondering if it isn't just the nature of the beast -- the wear and tear that a physical style of play entails, requires greater recovery time and more often than not, means that players who play that way, have more injuries to deal with and/or may be playing with injuries that they are keeping to themselves.

If one extrapolates from this past season, another contributing factor is the very little recovery time between games, at several junctures, due to the highly condensed nature of the shortened season sched. Probably some or all of the players you name were even more exposed, as a result.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:06 PM
  #566
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Oh cmon Grant. Don't leave us Some of us like the insight. Ignore the dolts.
I'm surprised he managed to stay on board this long. Hfboards is where intelligent hockey talk goes to die.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:11 PM
  #567
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,273
vCash: 500
Not awfully impressed with Betzold. Petes are weak and he's done okay with them. Maybe a 7th? But I'd rather go for a lower ranked goalie then.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:14 PM
  #568
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
You pointed out what? You can come to whatever conclusion you want...I let folks know that Lavoie and Carrier were not linemates, and that he played with an injury.

Getting tired of the overzealous correctors and pseudo draft experts that are adamant about players they have never seen play other than one or two crappy webcasts. I don't suspect i'll be posting any more.

Some of you seem to want to argue about nothing. No teams are bringing multiple players to their city for interviews the week of the draft. Is that not clear to everyone? Pick apart someone else's posts...I don't have time for the quibbling any more.
Wish you wouldn't, really enjoy your insight knowing that you know what you are talking about. People who come on this site, regardless of their knowledge, love talking about the Habs and debating their views. Some are over the top, but passion can get you carried away. Knowing that, just ignore, engage with who you want and know many look forward and appreciate your input.

yianik is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
  #569
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not enough Swedish and Finnish reports about some really intriguing prospects. Strange that nobody talks about Joose Antonen that much. I placed him way high in my bottom 2 rounds of my list, yet only because we don't have a 4th or 5th 'cause that kid is a big time sleeper. Same for Carl Dahlstrom, Alex Henriksson, Niklas Hansson and Curz-Rydberg, Linus Arnesson, Fredrik Bergvik (one of my favorites for a goalie pick) and Peter Cehlarik (though we do talk him more often...) And how about a big Saku for a change? Saku Maenalanen. I mean, there might not be a whole lot of BIG names coming from those 2 countries, but somehow, when all is said and done, I think we will be surprised by the quality of it.

In the North American part of the world....I'm also a little surprised to not see Greg Betzgold's name a little more often. Not saying top 2 rounds but I think he has to be considered higher than on most lists.
Finland hasn't produced a single big time(or even moderately time) non-goalie NHLer in the last 10 drafts and every big Finnish prospect has busted. They're on the same path Slovakia went down. Hockey development in Finland is a failure.

Ezpz is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
  #570
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
If one extrapolates from this past season, another contributing factor is the very little recovery time between games, at several junctures, due to the highly condensed nature of the shortened season sched. Probably some or all of the players you name were even more exposed, as a result.
I think Pacioretty spoke about this in an interview on the habs' website. He said he didn't feel that he prepared well enough for the condensed season. As the season wore on, little things piled up, he started missing workouts and skates. He said these things kinda built on one another leading to a disappointing physical performance, if not disappointing in terms of points production.

I think it might just be true that powerforwards end up taking some nights off, inevitably. Perhaps it's not even the physical wear, but maybe it's mentally taxing as well.

As this post is related to Baptiste, from watching him for a couple games at the U18, I have to say that at least he can do all this great stuff. Some of his best play was when all the chips were down against the U.S. He made some really great plays in that game.

A little while back a few people on the board were quite high on was a player who played with Baptiste at the U18: Yan-Pavel Laplante. I personally didn't think he was that great, but it was a limited viewing of him.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:17 PM
  #571
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 450
Does anyone have anything on Tristan Jarry? His numbers are eye-popping on first note, but I'd like to have a first hand opinion on the guy.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
  #572
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I'm surprised he managed to stay on board this long. Hfboards is where intelligent hockey talk goes to die.
The ability to use the ignore function idiotic posters is one of the many redeeming qualities of hfboards

Shutdown is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:24 PM
  #573
Whitesnake
Here we go again!
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,473
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Finland hasn't produced a single big time(or even moderately time) non-goalie NHLer in the last 10 drafts and every big Finnish prospect has busted. They're on the same path Slovakia went down. Hockey development in Finland is a failure.
Well it will change with Barkov this year. And it will also changen with Ristolainen. Lehkonen is a REALLY interesting prospect. And a few others. Though as you noticed, names I mentioned were mostly Swedish...true that Finland wasn't incredible lately, this year, though still not in quantity, will have some quality to it.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:27 PM
  #574
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
You pointed out what? You can come to whatever conclusion you want...I let folks know that Lavoie and Carrier were not linemates, and that he played with an injury.

Getting tired of the overzealous correctors and pseudo draft experts that are adamant about players they have never seen play other than one or two crappy webcasts. I don't suspect i'll be posting any more.

Some of you seem to want to argue about nothing. No teams are bringing multiple players to their city for interviews the week of the draft. Is that not clear to everyone? Pick apart someone else's posts...I don't have time for the quibbling any more.
Way to go Grant, I never seen you in this light... Way to judge people you don't know

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
  #575
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 71,574
vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Does anyone have anything on Tristan Jarry? His numbers are eye-popping on first note, but I'd like to have a first hand opinion on the guy.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eport/2441523/

Quote:
Next up for Red Line is Tristan Jarry. He has long legs and good athleticism and does a great job of staying square to shooters, even when sliding on his knees around the crease. He also shows excellent anticipation and cross-crease mobility, getting a strong push off either skate. Unfortunately, he does play too deep in his net and occasionally loses his angles and has a tendency to kick out too many rebounds. But his flaws are the type that are easily coachable.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.