HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 12:15 AM
windycity

vCash: 500
my final thoughts for the night:

Psyched Hawks won!

Especially happy they trolled the Bruins to do it

Toews ia a warrior

Chara is a dirty pos, glad he was schooled all through the finals, LOL at Toews putting tying pass through his giant dopey legs while he fell down blocking rask from getting his stick down to cover the 5-hole

Old
06-25-2013, 12:15 AM
thom

Pierre Gautier winning a cup after 30 yrs.Should we cry or applaud him?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:17 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Kane is a high end player that brings it when the stakes are at their highest.

Cammy did that for us...but was tossed away. Gionta to a lesser extent brought it in the playoffs, but people want him gone. If you disappear in the playoffs, you are useless to me (see Markov, DD, etc). Guys like PK, Cammy, Gio, etc...who bring it will always get props from me.

Edit: CBC really dislikes the Habs, don't they?
I liked Cammy very much.

Fact is that Gauthier got rid of him because he told the truth about our team.
Cammy is a clutch player.
He is gone but he did had the Habs logo imprinted on his heart.
I may be wrong, but I thought it was genuine.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:20 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Nah man I'm not here to troll but Rask wasn't at fault either of the last 2 goals Chicago scored. Maybe you could make a case of him being to far out in the Blachkawks GWG but other then that he was pretty much great the latter half of this postseason. The injury to Krejci in game 3 against the Flyers on 2010 was pretty killer.
You guys played great in the post season and had a very good chance to win it all. For what it's worth, I thought Rask was the best goalie in the playoffs, by a very small margin, but was outplayed tonight by his counterpart. Goes like that sometimes.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:22 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Rask chokes again.

Epic collapse late in third this season.

In 09-10, led the series 3-0 and then led 3-0 in game 7, loses 4-3. HAHA.
Quote:
Give me a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Rask didnt choke
Rask was the top contender for the Conn-Smythe for the Bruins.

I am sure he ranked second or third for the trophy.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:26 AM
MDN

Quote:
Their playoff montages of the Habs:

PK-Max fight
Ottawa scoring in the dying seconds to tie the game
Lars laid out on the ice
White getting his ass kicked.
Makes me glad I was watching the game on NBC, but it's Toronto, media, can't expect much else.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:27 AM
25get

Quote:
LOL read this and laughed because it sounds so correct. I guess we should see who wins more games against Detroit next year; Shall be interesting guys. have a fun summer!
Actually, this is the end of the season.
We shall see a few changes this summer.

I am expecting the next two weeks to be very exciting...

Old
06-25-2013, 01:09 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

And the cute one :

Old
06-25-2013, 01:16 AM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Proud of my boy Pierre Gauthier - so sensible, so conservative

Old
06-25-2013, 03:11 AM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
In other good news: Bergeron should be royally f'd to start next season. I've broken ONE rib and it took forever to heal (still makes a sound when I laugh) his might take a long time to heal + all those other injuries. Bodes well for us.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:35 AM
optimus2861

I'm one of the guys who thought after game 3 that Boston was on the way to the Cup and even thought they'd take it in 5 games.

I'll take one fresh plate of crow and eat it happily this morning

Old
06-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Was hoping for a Chicago vs Pittsburgh final. My money was on Chicago but it was a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Chara was extremely dominant in a losing cause. Yes, he had a tough past few games but he still showed himself to be a great blueliner and worthy of the HOF. If there was any doubt before it should be erased now. Even though he lost, his ticket is punched.
He was a liability a lot in the finals. He's definitely lost a step IMHO.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Considering most of the hawks goals were scored when he was on the ice I'd say something wasn't right.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:38 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Considering most of the hawks goals were scored when he was on the ice I'd say something wasn't right.
The rest of the league basically figured out what Montreal's known for a long time now. Take Chara head-on and he'll look really bad.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Their playoff montages of the Habs:

PK-Max fight
Ottawa scoring in the dying seconds to tie the game
Lars laid out on the ice
White getting his ass kicked.
Yeah they really should have spent more time highlighting all the good things the Habs did in the playoffs.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
And Keith?
Top ten blueliner in the league now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Chara probably deserves to be in the HOF but not based on this Finals, he was terrible.

Honestly, if the NHL enforced the rules in the playoffs the same way they do the regular season, the Hawks win in 5 maybe 4.
He had a brilliant postseason and was great.

He couldn't handle the onslaught of everyone focusing on him once the Toews/Kane line was reunited but I don't fault him for that. Guy was still a monster.
Quote:
I don't get how as a team that has not gotten past the 2nd round except for once in the last 20 years laugh at a Bruins team that went to the finals twice in 3 years and won a cup. I hate the Bruins with every fiber of my body, but I'm deff not going to get cocky when they lose. Can't do that until we actually start winning games in the season that actually matters.
Quit being a Debbie Downer.

A rival just got embarrassed. Nothing wrong with being happy about it.

I know I'm glad they didn't win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Not so sure about.

I was always wondering how Chara would react to being hit.
His span and size always allowed him to avoid being hit.

You can expect other teams to take note on how the Hawks were able to bring Chara out of his game.
This is the first PO where I see players going after Chara.

Do not misunderstand but Chara dominated the other PO but against the Hawks he did had a lot of problems.
His last three games were -3, -2 and -1.
You can be sure that other teams are taking notes.
He had two games with -1 against the NYR and one against TOR.

When the stakes will go higher, expect other teams to send big players against Chara.
The Hawks just plain had too much talent.

And Toews sustained a LOT of punishment. You have to have to be willing to pay the price to win and most players aren't willing to do that.
Quote:
He wasn't a liability. The Hawks had to basically triple team him to get anything done. Yes, the stats are ugly but so were the goals scored against the Bs. Basically Toews, Kane and company were just too good. But they were too good for everybody.

No shame in losing to them. Toews had to endure insane punishment in front of the net. The Bs lost in spite of Chara's performance not because of it. The big man was a beast throughout the playoffs. Chicago had to adjust their entire game plan to beat him. Credit goes to them for finding a way to do it but it wasn't easy.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
The rest of the league basically figured out what Montreal's known for a long time now. Take Chara head-on and he'll look really bad.
Also he's old and lost a step. I said this at the start of the playoffs and a few of you raged saying no he hadn't and Boston would be contenders for a decade more.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:02 AM
windycity

Quote:

He had a brilliant postseason and was great.

He couldn't handle the onslaught of everyone focusing on him once the Toews/Kane line was reunited but I don't fault him for that. Guy was still a monster.
Yeah in the finals he was the blind Cyclops flailing around uselessly while Odysseus (OToewsseus?) and his men darted around him. He was very good up to the finals - he was terrible against the Hawks.

Last edited by windycity: 06-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old
06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Kipper retires.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
I liked Cammy very much.

Fact is that Gauthier got rid of him because he told the truth about our team.
Cammy is a clutch player.
He is gone but he did had the Habs logo imprinted on his heart.
I may be wrong, but I thought it was genuine.
I love when people throw around terms like "Fact" when it's really your OPINION.

The word out of the habs is that Cammy was not liked by his teammates and was considered a suck after he wasn't names the teams captain.

He was a fantastic player for us when he tried, but after his teammates tuned him out, he was just going through the motions. Add his salary and term and that's more likely the reason he got traded. Not because he told the "truth" about his team.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Oilers radio commentator Bob Stauffer speculated Edmonton could chase Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn this offseason due to Philadelphia's salary cap issues.
Stauffer speculates that Coburn and his $4.5 million cap hit could be a liability for the Flyers after Philly agreed to terms with defenseman Mark Streit. While it's unclear if Coburn is on the trading block after a sub-par 2013 season, the link between him and the Oilers makes sense. The 28-year old could be an ideal fit the Oilers, who are in desperate need of size on their back end, and his defense-first game could also pair well with some of Edmonton's offensive-minded blueliners.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He wasn't a liability. The Hawks had to basically triple team him to get anything done. Yes, the stats are ugly but so were the goals scored against the Bs. Basically Toews, Kane and company were just too good. But they were too good for everybody.

No shame in losing to them. Toews had to endure insane punishment in front of the net. The Bs lost in spite of Chara's performance not because of it. The big man was a beast throughout the playoffs. Chicago had to adjust their entire game plan to beat him. Credit goes to them for finding a way to do it but it wasn't easy.
Toews only started to light it up late in the finals, didn't do a lot the first 3 rounds.

Chara was out of position on a lot of goals, just last night there are 2 glaring examples, gets caught in between on a pich on Toews goal and let his man to go in no man's land on tieing goal. Being big and hacking guys in front doesn't make you a "beast".

Old
06-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I love when people throw around terms like "Fact" when it's really your OPINION.

The word out of the habs is that Cammy was not liked by his teammates and was considered a suck after he wasn't names the teams captain.

He was a fantastic player for us when he tried, but after his teammates tuned him out, he was just going through the motions. Add his salary and term and that's more likely the reason he got traded. Not because he told the "truth" about his team.
It will be a long loong time before any Hab scores 13 goals in two PO rounds.

It may not happen for 20+ years.

I can't even imagine Stamkos doing it... or any other NHLer for that matter...

Not in the modern NHL with these outstanding goaltenders we see today.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Nah man I'm not here to troll but Rask wasn't at fault either of the last 2 goals Chicago scored. Maybe you could make a case of him being to far out in the Blachkawks GWG but other then that he was pretty much great the latter half of this postseason. The injury to Krejci in game 3 against the Flyers on 2010 was pretty killer.
Agreed, hopefully it doesn't hurt his contract talks. He deserves to be the highest paid goalie in the NHL.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Oilers radio commentator Bob Stauffer speculated Edmonton could chase Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn this offseason due to Philadelphia's salary cap issues.
Stauffer speculates that Coburn and his $4.5 million cap hit could be a liability for the Flyers after Philly agreed to terms with defenseman Mark Streit. While it's unclear if Coburn is on the trading block after a sub-par 2013 season, the link between him and the Oilers makes sense. The 28-year old could be an ideal fit the Oilers, who are in desperate need of size on their back end, and his defense-first game could also pair well with some of Edmonton's offensive-minded blueliners.
Another terrible move from the Flyers if that happens, getting rid of a solid defenseman in Coburn for an offensive one in Streit, just what they need

Closed Thread