HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXII: Rumours start to heat up.

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 03:11 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Taking a couple of guys in Yandle and Boychuk who were sheltered quite a bit on their teams and throwing them on our first pairing is a recipe for disaster, imo.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:19 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Taking a couple of guys in Yandle and Boychuk who were sheltered quite a bit on their teams and throwing them on our first pairing is a recipe for disaster, imo.
Then what do we do? Take a risk or play it safe like Tambo?

Old
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Then what do we do? Take a risk or play it safe like Tambo?
Depends what you're risking.

It'll take more than just Gagner to get Yandle and probably more than a 2nd+Gernet for Peverley/Boychuk, so you're giving up a ton of assets for a pairing that has a good chance of not even being able to handle the competition that Smid/Petry can handle.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:50 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
So Detroit's pick is at 18. There's been talk of Detroit possibly being interested in Horcoff, and Omark had chemistry with Brunner and Zetterberg in Switzerland. With Filpulla probably moving on could something centered around this work:

To EDM: - DET 1st (#18)
-Quincey

To DET: - EDM 2nd (#37)
- Horcoff (Oilers retain half of salary)
- Omark
- Hartikainen
- Whitney

Detroit gets a veteran center in Horcoff to replace Filpulla, and some skill in Omark to offset the loss of Filpulla. Detroit could be a good place for Whitney to bounce back and he could probably be signed at around 1.75 - 2.0M, a savings of 1.75 - 2.0M for Detroit compared with Quincey's salary. Hartikainen adds some long term value as a prospect. The Oilers get a veteran D in Quincey with one year left at 3.75M who is 27 and hopefully motivated to bounce back from a down year in a contract year and they move up to a position in the draft where Lazar, Gauthier or Morrissey might still be available. I think this combination of players is more appealing to Detroit than to other teams. Thoughts?
Do we offer dinner first?

Who am I kidding, with this trade, of course not.

MacT takes what he wants. Gives what you don't want.

Old
06-22-2013, 03:59 PM
jeetz

Quote:
So Detroit's pick is at 18. There's been talk of Detroit possibly being interested in Horcoff, and Omark had chemistry with Brunner and Zetterberg in Switzerland. With Filpulla probably moving on could something centered around this work:

-Quincey

- Omark
- Hartikainen
- Whitney

Detroit gets a veteran center in Horcoff to replace Filpulla, and some skill in Omark to offset the loss of Filpulla. Detroit could be a good place for Whitney to bounce back and he could probably be signed at around 1.75 - 2.0M, a savings of 1.75 - 2.0M for Detroit compared with Quincey's salary. Hartikainen adds some long term value as a prospect. The Oilers get a veteran D in Quincey with one year left at 3.75M who is 27 and hopefully motivated to bounce back from a down year in a contract year and they move up to a position in the draft where Lazar, Gauthier or Morrissey might still be available. I think this combination of players is more appealing to Detroit than to other teams. Thoughts?

- Omark

This would be fair IMO

Old
06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetz View Post

- Omark

This would be fair IMO
No way Detroit moves their first for this package, maybe a roster player but not their first.

Old
06-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Fantasy time:

Trades:

- Gagner for Yandle. Something around those two. Phoenix wanted a young offense producing C, we need a puck moving D. Neither are perfect at their craft, but they should fill some holes on the other team. I'm not convinced MacT sees Gagner as a part of the future here. Especially with the consistent rumors we want to trade up for Barkov/Monahan.

- 2nd + Gernat for Boychuck and Peverly. We do Boston a solid and take on some good players, but ones who are squeezed out of Boston's lineup for some picks and a decent D prospect. Boychuk is a guy who has shown to be good defensively and physical, while having a good shot from the point Peverly can play a variety of roles.

- 7th + 2nd + Musil for 5th overall. Draft Barkov. I assume this trade is only done if Barkov(maybe Monahan) is on board. We seem to be infatuated with Barkov, so we'll see how serious the interest is.

- Ales Hemsky for Nick Spaling + 4th. Hemsky goes to a team that could use offense. We get a good PKer and 4th line player.

- Compliance buyouts on Horcoff and Smyth.

Free Agency:

Brooks Laich: I assume Washington will buy him out. He's a guy who can play a variety of roles. At both LW and C. He's gritty and has shown he can put up points at a pretty decent rate. 2 years at $3M/yr.

Maxim Lapierre: A physical pest who's shown ok ability on the dot and even played some PK for the Canucks. Would add another demension to our bottom six. 3 years $1.5M/yr.

Matt Hendricks: I'm not sure he'll reach FA, but if he does, a good 4th liner. Again good on the dot, but also physical and can skate. 2 years $1.1M/yr.

2013-2014 Oilers

Hall(6)-RNH(3.75)-Eberle(6)
Laich(3)-Barkov(2.25)-Yakupov(3.75)
Lapierre(1.5)-Peverly(3.25)-MPS(1.5)
Spaling(0.8)-Hendricks(1.1)-Brown(0.8)
Lander(0.8)

Yandle(5.5)-Boychuk(3.3)
Smid(3.5)-Petry(1.75)
Schultz(3.5)-Schultz(3.75)
Belov

Dubnyk(3.5)
Khudobin (2.5)

Cap total= ~62.5M
Would be shocking, Laich is the real Capitals leader and they missed him this year. When he came back, he was great.

Old
06-22-2013, 04:29 PM
jeetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
No way Detroit moves their first for this package, maybe a roster player but not their first.
With Detroit's draft record, I do not think they put as much value on 1st round picks as other teams. Unless a specific player that they are targeting is availible, I believe they would feel Horcoff as their 3rd line center at 2.5 cap hit, O'mark who player with Zeterberg during the lockout AND a pick early in the second round would be enticing to Detroit for 18th overall

Old
06-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:

-Quincey

- Omark
- Hartikainen
- Whitney

Watch them turn Hartikainen into another Tomas Holmstrom.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:07 PM
CapsandOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Would be shocking, Laich is the real Capitals leader and they missed him this year. When he came back, he was great.
Agreed. I have always wanted him to be thew Captain of the Capitals because he is the true leader. Sadly I think the only reason Ovie was named Captain after Clark left was to fill seats and make more money.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:19 PM
GDU

could someone please explain to me why we are not all over getting jonathon bernier?

probably instant upgrade over DD and possibly solves our net problems for next ten years...

sometimes this organization just baffles me, they admit DD isn't a 1, yet wont pull the trigger to get a guy who has shown every bit the ability to be a 1... at worst you would have two young goalies platooning and hugely upgrade the situation from last year...

Old
06-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
could someone please explain to me why we are not all over getting jonathon bernier?

probably instant upgrade over DD and possibly solves our net problems for next ten years...

sometimes this organization just baffles me, they admit DD isn't a 1, yet wont pull the trigger to get a guy who has shown every bit the ability to be a 1... at worst you would have two young goalies platooning and hugely upgrade the situation from last year...
IMO part of it is that Lombardi might not be too keen on moving him within his own division.

06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Depends what you're risking.

It'll take more than just Gagner to get Yandle and probably more than a 2nd+Gernet for Peverley/Boychuk, so you're giving up a ton of assets for a pairing that has a good chance of not even being able to handle the competition that Smid/Petry can h
andle.
Of course it depends on what the Oilers part with but you can't worry about the fact that Yandle and Boychuk didn't play the toughest competiton elsewhere. Those are the type of guys that will be available because teams are not willing to give up their top minute guys unless the Oilers give up one of the Big 4 up front so in reality, if the Oilers can pick up guys like Yandle and Boychuk at a fairly reasonable rate, they should do it and play one of them on the top pairing.
It's better than depending on Smid and Petry to carry the load again.

In any event, i doubt that the Oilers can get 2 top 4 guys without shipping out a top 4 guy of their own, likely one of Smid or Petry so it's unlikely to happen.

Old
06-22-2013, 05:51 PM
blackwater

vCash: 50
Quote:

Explain to me where they've said DD isn't a number #1 goalie. Mact has stated he wants goaltending depth within the organization, but he's never said that DD is not a number #1. That's just putting words in his mouth.

And judging by the numbers, there's no guarantee that Bernier is an upgrade over dubnyk. Bernier is 3 years younger mind you, so there's possibly more room for improvement vs dubnyk. And I do agree with you that it would be a good situation to have them battle for the #1 spot, and push each other. I just think Lombardi is asking for the moon right now, and I don't believe the oilers are that desperate to overpay for Bernier

Old
06-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:

Mystery box syndrome

Old
06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
The Oilers have 3 trades done right now. They will announce them after the finals.
BlueChip01 any hints?

Is the 7th overall pick involved?

Old
06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
SDig14

Quote:
The Oilers have 3 trades done right now. They will announce them after the finals.
Trades or do signings count as well?

Old
06-22-2013, 06:24 PM
oilers4life5

I bet we trade Omark and a 5th to Detroit for a 3rd pick and 4th round pick.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:27 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Has BlueChip1 been vetted at all by the mods here?

Old
06-22-2013, 06:29 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Has BlueChip1 been vetted at all by the mods here?
I said this a few pages ago but based on my experience he is legit. Others can think what they want though

Old
06-22-2013, 06:31 PM
sOiled

I'm more excited hearing it from Bluechip than from Terry Jones

Old
06-22-2013, 06:32 PM
GO99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
I said this a few pages ago but based on my experience he is legit. Others can think what they want though
I called the lockout ending hours before it was. Arena got booked right before I posted.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:32 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:

Probably because he's yet to show that he's an improvement over Dubnyk. I assume it would take a pretty good asset to get LA to move him and it wouldn't be worth it if he wasn't an upgrade over DD.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I believe bluechip.

With MacT putting out his "BOLD" statement combined with the fact that it was basically also outright stated that Hemsky and Horcoff are done in Edmonton AND also based on the fact that players like nearly all the bottom 6 are likely to be cleared out + some of the defense group obviously won't be back... that's basically half the team likely gone.

To expect that there wouldn't be any trades would be less believable imo.

I agree... it's going to be a massively busy summer for a lot of teams around the league and my bet would be that MacT is probably going to be the busiest GM in the NHL.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
frag2

Quote:
Care to let us know if it involves our core?

BECAUSE IT BETTER NOT INVOLVE OUR CORE!!!

I just wish the finals were a best out of 5

Closed Thread