HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXII: Rumours start to heat up.

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I thought Quincey was a pretty good player. I'm surprised you want to give him up so easily.
He was god awful for Det this year. Just horrible. Played like he did for the Avs. I was surprised Wings traded for him. And was surprised how he played after he was acquired. But returned to his old form this year.

I'm sure Det fans will echo the same. I actually think he had a thread on how awful he was on their forum (or main forum) but I can't recall for sure

Old
06-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Jeff Lebowski

If the rumours are true, it doesn't sound like we are getting much of a return for Hemmer. I'd rather keep him. He's one of the most exciting players to watch on this team.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:37 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Why is Smith limited to the 4th line? Could he not be our 3rd line centre next season? I haven't watched much of him, so I am curious.
I said 4th liner, I suppose he could play the 3rd line as well. I just don't think he scores enough to be a consistent 3rd liner IMO.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
If he's really doing that, I'd just waive him and deal with the cap constraint for an extra year to **** him over
You cant waive a player with a NMC.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Horcoff and his agent should not cooperate and force a buy-out. The player comes out ahead financially and controls (based on demand) where he goes. The Oilers will have to take back a bad contract in return in any deal.
From capgeek:

Quote:
KNOWN CLAUSES (note: if player has been traded, clauses may no longer apply): NMC (through 2012-13); NTC (for 2013-14, starting July 1, 2013, player can provide list of 10 teams to which he will accept a trade); no NMC/NTC for 2014-15.
We could always send him to OKC if he wants to be a d-bag about the situation. Or loan him to another AHL team ala Sheldon Souray.

06-22-2013, 10:41 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
If the rumours are true, it doesn't sound like we are getting much of a return for Hemmer. I'd rather keep him. He's one of the most exciting players to watch on this team.
We don't need more excitement, we need physical, 2 way players who are ugly to watch. Hemsky is done here. Smith would be a excellent return for a injury prone, one dimensional winger who scores at around a .5 pgg clip and carries a $5 mil pricetag next season. Smith hits a lot, wins faceoffs at a high level, plays well defensively, can win puck battles and chip in a little offense. Exactly what is needed for the bottom 6.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I thought Quincey was a pretty good player. I'm surprised you want to give him up so easily.
Naw Quincey imo is pretty much a bust, He has only 1 year left on his contract and he will be gone, With Sproul and Oullette coming up Quincey will be expendable. As far as i'm concerned Holland using a 1st on Quincey was a waste. He's been nothing but a turnover machine pretty much all season, I can see both Coloaiacovo and Quincey being expendable and Holland still wants another top notch D-Man and i would'nt be surprised if he does'nt try for either Letang if available and or Yandle.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:46 PM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
We don't need more excitement, we need physical, 2 way players who are ugly to watch. Hemsky is done here. Smith would be a excellent return for a injury prone, one dimensional winger who scores at around a .5 pgg clip and carries a $5 mil pricetag next season. Smith hits a lot, wins faceoffs at a high level, plays well defensively, can win puck battles and chip in a little offense. Exactly what is needed for the bottom 6.
I couldn't agree more with this post!

I know we hate him but would anyone be interested in Cal Clutterbuck? Assuming him and Hall can play nice?

Old
06-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Lol and BBO kills this point seconds after you posted it.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Tarus
FireChia#

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
If he's really doing that, I'd just waive him and deal with the cap constraint for an extra year to **** him over
The whole point of moving Horcoff was that all the losing has broken his spirit(aka, he asked for a trade to a team that can win games), shuffling him off to another crap team -cap floor team trying to save a buck or not- doesn't make any sense what-so-ever for Horcoff.

It's just business, and a buyout was always the likely result from the start.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Spawn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
The Leafs were high enough on Colborne that they played him in games 6 and 7 for Tyler Bozak, even though they could have gone with someone more experienced or more of a defensive player.

I've seen him play, and I don't really want him because he plays a lazy game at times, but his hands are great and he does have size, potential to be a poor man's Joe Thornton.
I don't buy it to be honest. He's a poor man's Joe Thornton in the AHL. He's a hell of a long way from being anywhere close to that in the NHL. A HELL of a long way away.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
To me, this screams that they can't find a good trade and we're likely looking at buyout.
Yep. If the management can't find a trade, I doubt Horcoff can. Both Gregor and Stauffer have been saying that there would be a market for Horcoff and the Oilers wouldn't have to buy him out. I think they are going to be proven wrong here.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:25 PM
CanadianSuperPromise

Here's my crazy idea of a offseason, which would probably put us in cap hell. But even accomplishing a couple of these would be amazing.

Obviously this plan is unrealistic but imo it gives me an idea on what we should look like in the future.
Note: we don't trade Gagner until the next year, giving Smith or the draft pick some time to develop.

Free Agency:

Sign Nathan Horton. Alternative: Bickell
Sign Vincent Lecavalier
Sign Rob Scuderi

Trades:

Boychuk + Peverly
for
2013 37th pick + D Martin Gernat + Conditional pick

Cal Clutterbuck
for
2013 56th pick + 2014 2rd pick

Zack Smith
for
Ales Hemsky+

CAR 2013 5th Overall
for
7th overall + (prospect etc.)

Hall - RNH - Yak
Horton - Lecavalier - Eberle
Paajarvi - Gagner - Peverly
Clutterbuck - Smith - Brown

J.Schultz - Smid
Boychuk - Petry
Scuderi - Belov

Dubnyk

Last edited by CanadianSuperPromise: 06-23-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old
06-22-2013, 11:39 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
I've got no problem with where you're coming from, and I even mentioned in this thread that I think Colborne holds more value to the Leafs than any other team. Even then though, I don't think you really believe that MacT would be acquiring him because he views him as a fringe player and someone who'll amount to nothing. He'll be acquiring him because he thinks (or he got a recommendation from Eakins) that Colborne could still amount to something. That's partially why I think your proposal was a lowball.

You can have Scrivens for a pick though assuming Nonis gets this illusive veteran backup he keeps mentioning.
I believe its inevitable Nonis will get his new goalie and Weiss. Leafs aren't going into the season with Colborne in the top twelve. And since he is no longer waiver exempt, Nonis is just clearing roster spots by potentially moving him and Scrivens for at least something rather than nothing. In EDM, both have a good shot at making the team as filler.

06-22-2013, 11:43 PM
sepHF
hiss hiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
Also question: are Hemsky's injury woes exaggerated? Or is it a mix of things and he's a bit unlucky too.
His shoulders gave out in back to back years due to years and years of abuse from other teams defenseman. Hemsky has always been the kind of guy who doesn't shy away from the tough areas so he's taken some pretty good hits over his career. He ended up suffering a labrum tear in both his left and right shoulders required them to be surgical repaired(thats why he missed so much time in back to back years recently).

Since coming back from his two surgeries he has been almost totally healthy, he played pretty much 69 games straight after coming back from his last surgery, then played the worlds then played the lockout in Czech republic all without sustaining any injuries. This season he ended up fracturing his foot blocking a shot against Detroit somewhere around the midway point of the season... he tried to play through it but it was effecting him too much and he ended up calling it quits with 7ish games left in the year.

I think his injury problems (at least with his shoulders) are in the past and I expect him to be a lot healthier than he has been recently.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
His shoulders gave out in back to back years due to years and years of abuse from other teams defenseman. Hemsky has always been the kind of guy who doesn't shy away from the tough areas so he's taken some pretty good hits over his career. He ended up suffering a labrum tear in both his left and right shoulders required them to be surgical repaired(thats why he missed so much time in back to back years recently).

Since coming back from his two surgeries he has been almost totally healthy, he played pretty much 69 games straight after coming back from his last surgery, then played the worlds then played the lockout in Czech republic all without sustaining any injuries. This season he ended up fracturing his foot blocking a shot against Detroit somewhere around the midway point of the season... he tried to play through it but it was effecting him too much and he ended up calling it quits with 7ish games left in the year.

I think his injury problems (at least with his shoulders) are in the past and I expect him to be a lot healthier than he has been recently.
Wasn't it Petry's shot that hit him too?

Old
06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I think I read that his NMC expired at the end of this season; he has a NTC this coming season (13-14).

Edit: Sorry, read a little further and see that BBO already mentioned that. Regardless, it wouldn't be a classy move by the organization.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:11 AM
ekcut
The Refs shot JFK.

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Trades:

Boychuk + Peverly
for
2013 37th pick + D Martin Gernat + Conditional pick
Not a chance Boston makes this deal

Quote:
Cal Clutterbuck
for
2013 56th pick + 2014 3rd pick
28 other teams will beat this offer

Old
06-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

I would be happy with Smith. Good player that we have none of.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:27 AM
CanadianSuperPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Not a chance Boston makes this deal

28 other teams will beat this offer
The clutterbuck deal is a wash but I believe some bruins fans were offering maracin and a 2nd for the pair. So I think something of that caliber should get it done.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains

Just for fun, UFA heavy roster. 3 trades with teams recently mentioned.

Gagner, Paajarvi, Rajala, 2014 1st to CBJ for Dubinsky, Tyutin (Howsen style deal with his old team).
Hemsky to OTT for Zack Smith.
#7 pick, Nick Schultz to TOR for Gardiner.
Horcoff -2 mill, trade for something, probably a pick.
Possibly swap Potter with Paul Ranger as #7D.

Sign: Clowe, MacArthur, Cullen, Boyes, Jones, Lapierre, Khudobin.

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Matt Cullen ($2.500m) / Brad Boyes ($2.500m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Ryan Jones ($1.500m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Mike Brown ($0.737m)

DEFENSEMEN
Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Justin Schultz ($3.775m)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Anton Belov ($1.525m)
Corey Potter ($0.775m)

GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Anton Khudobin ($1.250m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,775,833; BONUSES: $9,450,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,346,667

Old
06-23-2013, 01:13 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
Sens fan jumping to tell you guys that Smith is a really good return for you if true for Hemsky!! He can definitely play 3rd line C. Very reliable defensively, has a strong inaccurate shot, passes well and can provide a solid 30-35 pts a year including 15-17 goals on a good year when he's on his game.

Also question: are Hemsky's injury woes exaggerated? Or is it a mix of things and he's a bit unlucky too.
The misconception about Hemsky is that he's soft. On the contrary, he usually gets hurt because he goes into the dirty areas and gets hit hard.

As far as injuries, the biggest ones were both his shoulders, both of which have been operated on and held up all last year with no issues, so he's in the clear for now. He was unlucky to get hit in the foot by a puck and was hurt late in the year but that's minor.

He should bounce back offensively with Ottawa if a trade does happen. He just needs top 6 and pp time, and unfortunately we have too many right wingers better than him.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:16 AM
GatoradeG*

If Avs pick up a Centre (in the draft) I would try and pick up Stas for the 2nd line.

Last edited by GatoradeG*: 06-23-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
I think Hemsky would do really well in Ottawa. He'd be familiar with the city as well, playing his junior hockey in Hull/Gatineau.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I think Hemsky would do really well in Ottawa. He'd be familiar with the city as well, playing his junior hockey in Hull/Gatineau.
Hemsky will do very well playing with players who can get him the puck. A GM that acquires a healthy Hemsky under such circumstances could look like a genius. He could be a 70+ point player again. He just hasn't been one for a while because of injuries, and we forget what that looks like on him.

Closed Thread