HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXII: Rumours start to heat up.

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2013, 03:36 AM
AK Dandyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
A wretched season on a team that had a wretched year. He's been a valuable contributor on a team that prior to this year was consistently in the playoffs.

He's the kind of guy you might need to take a chance on if you are the Oilers. Buy low, on a team that is in cap trouble and count on him rounding back into form on a new team with a new coach. 28 year old top 4 d-men are not frequently available. You gotta take a chance sometimes I think.

If not Coburn you could also take a chance at Meszaros. Probably cheaper to acquire but he's only a 1 year player and than a UFA. Don't know his injury status though. He only played 11 games this year.
Coburn may be decent, but his $4.5M per for 3 more seasons is not a good contract for a defensive d man.

Meszaros I wouldn't touch. He's not the same 4 or 5 seasons ago since his 2009 shoulder injury, and the injuries has resurfaced a few times since. I doubt any team would take him straight up.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Usual_Suspect

Lol. I'm not annoyed at MV.

I just view the thread differently I think. Thanks for posting your perspective MV.

I look at the information here as having some merit. Media, people with information, or people with suggestions.

I guess I prefer to post/discuss things that have a chance at being true. Rather than just debating proposals from a source that's known to be false. Eklund has made a killing off this type of thing so I guess others believe there's a place for it.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Breaking new Oiler fans cheering for Hawks to win in 6 skyrocketed tonight

Old
06-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Tarus
FireChia#

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
No need to get all tense boys. All we know is that we will be shi**ing on Cgy and Van fairly quickly.
Sounds big. Guess Mact really wanted to go out and get strong players that can play the type of game he likes.

My guess -

Paajarvi and the 7th to Dallas for Toby Peterson.

Plan the parade people!

Closed Thread