HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXII: Rumours start to heat up.

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
NJD might have a need for a guy like Hemsky.

Especially if Elias moves it along.

edit: Then again, they could go after Cammalleri as well. Lamoriello would probably be able to fleece Feaster pretty good.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
@TheCityOfChamps: 1/2 The Edmonton #Oilers & Toronto Maple #Leafs are closing in on a deal that would send the 7th overall pick to Toronto, while Edmonton ... ... would receive Toronto's 1st round pick & Jake Gardner. Minor pieces may also be involved in the trade. Trade freeze in affect.

@TheCityOfChamps: Its believed that if the #Oilers trade down & get the #Leafs pick, they'd look to move up using another pick or a player like Ales Hemsky.
I know some of u are very high on #7th selection(and rightfully so) but if that was the deal, then you guys would make out like bandits.

Gardiner may have had few struggle this year after the concussion he suffered but right around the corner, when the playoffs started, he was man possessed against the hungry bears and was easily one of our top 3 player behind Kessel and Reims and also quite easily the best d-man in the series for us.

Gardiner + 2nd would be realistic and somewhat fair for the #7th pick.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:32 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Their top6 RWers right now are Steve Bernier and Matt D'Agostini haha.

They seem like the perfect team to make a big move and move up for Nichushkin.
Top RW prospect: Mike Sislo
Ouch.

I don't think they even have the assets to make a move like that. They need to start stockpiling, they have some solid D prospects. But things are pretty bleak up front, especially with all the question marks around Matteau.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:35 PM
ZugNugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
I know some of u are very high on #7th selection(and rightfully so) but if that was the deal, then you guys would make out like bandits.

Gardiner may have had few struggle this year after the concussion he suffered but right around the corner, when the playoffs started, he was man possessed against the hungry bears and was easily one of our top 3 player behind Kessel and Reims and also quite easily the best d-man in the series for us.

I agree. Gardiner + 21st seems like an over-payment for the 7th. The Oilers would have to take that and run.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:42 PM
plikestechno

Why would we want Gardiner? We already have a better version of Gardiner in Justin Schultz with a much better attitude. I hope this trade doesn't happen from an Oilers perspective. I don't know why everyone's down on 7? There's going to be an amazing player there. 21st is way too far of a fall. I'd rahter have the Oilers just get another NHLer thrown in than the 21st pick if thats the case.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:42 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
@TheCityOfChamps: 1/2 The Edmonton #Oilers & Toronto Maple #Leafs are closing in on a deal that would send the 7th overall pick to Toronto, while Edmonton ... ... would receive Toronto's 1st round pick & Jake Gardner. Minor pieces may also be involved in the trade. Trade freeze in affect.

@TheCityOfChamps: Its believed that if the #Oilers trade down & get the #Leafs pick, they'd look to move up using another pick or a player like Ales Hemsky.
there is no trade freeze in place. the moment the season ends for a team they can start trading. there is however an unofficial agreement that no upstaging the finals with big deals

Old
06-19-2013, 11:44 PM
plikestechno

Gardiner would really love playing for Eakins I'm sure after his free Jake Gardiner crap that he pulled this year. No thanks. We already have someone like him except better.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Why would we want Gardiner? We already have a better version of Gardiner in Justin Schultz with a much better attitude. I hope this trade doesn't happen from an Oilers perspective. I don't know why everyone's down on 7? There's going to be an amazing player there. 21st is way too far of a fall. I'd rahter have the Oilers just get another NHLer thrown in than the 21st pick if thats the case.
Gardiner is a LHD mobile dman who has experience playing with Jesus Schultz in college and has played under Eakins for a few years as well.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Gardiner-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Belov
Klefbom

I am a fan.

EDIT: But Monahan!

Old
06-19-2013, 11:57 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IMO he's worth about $4 million for what he brings to the table. Anyone with any kind of offensive ability and IQ playing between Nail and Hall should be able to flirt with 55+ points in a season when they are in their primes. That said if Gagner gets better in other areas of his game by sizable margins then he'd be worth what he'll likely be getting. Personally I'm worried that we will overpay him and be stuck with him.
That's a perfectly valid opinion to have. I just think that with our lack of C depth and RNH being questionable to start, I'm not going to be too concerned over 500K-750K. Plus, I still think Gagner can improve. He's young, determined, smart and has fantastic hands. What if he can become a yearly 60p-70p player? I think that is worth 4.75 even if he misses a check on the rare occasion, or is 48% on the draw?

Besides, it seems like we're moving Horcoff and Hemsky. We need players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Wow, surprised how against Henrique for Klefbom people are.
I'd definitely need some time to think over that one.
Henrique really struggled this season. I know he looked strong as a rookie, but I am really high on Klefbom. Unless MacT had a secondary deal moving Gagner out for a top 4 d-man with top pairing potential, I don't think I would be in favour of it.

But like I said. I am a big Klefbom fan. I think he could still end up better than Brodin and we know how he impressed this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Their top6 RWers right now are Steve Bernier and Matt D'Agostini haha.

They seem like the perfect team to make a big move and move up for Nichushkin.
Maybe, but what could they offer up? Their prospect pool isn't great and they don't have a lot of talent in the lineup. I certainly wouldn't move Klefbom and the 7th for Henrique. Actually I wouldn't even move the 7th. i like Lindholm or Monahan more than Henrique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post

First off that is a crap twitter account don't pay it any mind.

That said, we have little else to talk about. Gardiner may have looked strong against the Bruins, but that doesn't erase his season played mostly in the A or the concussion concerns. I agree Gardiner + 21st is too much for just the 7th. But I think the value is closer to the Oilers adding a good prospect like Marincin or Musil instead of the leafs pick dropping down an entire round.

Last edited by s7ark: 06-20-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old
06-19-2013, 11:58 PM
ZugNugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Gardiner-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Belov
Klefbom

I am a fan.

EDIT: But Monahan!
Trade for Stastny. Resign him next year at a more reasonable cap hit.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:02 AM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Gardiner would really love playing for Eakins I'm sure after his free Jake Gardiner crap that he pulled this year. No thanks. We already have someone like him except better.
I thought the "free Jake Gardiner" stuff was because people wanted him in the NHL?

Old
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Trade for Stastny. Resign him next year at a more reasonable cap hit.
Stastny has been playing so uninspired...I don't know if I want him, only if we needed a replacement for Gagner if we move him.

Old
Hemsky4PM

The Leafs aren't going to trade Gardiner. Are people taking crazy pills? He was a top 4 D for the Leafs in the playoffs. If they did move him, it would be in a package to try to land Barkov.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Carl Gunnarsson + 21st for 7th overall.

Not Jake Gardiner. He was exceptional in the playoffs against Boston.

Gunnarsson is extremely reliable with high IQ. Perfect fit in Edmonton.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post

Gotta say that's a pretty good offer.
Just get the feeling that Mac T would really go after Gardiner because of the Schultz and Eakins connection.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

I like Gunnarsson, but I am not sure he has the offense we need in a top 4 D. If I were MacT I'd hold out for Gardiner and if the leafs wouldn't part with him, take whichever of Monahan or Lindholm falls to 7.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Spawn

Quote:

Gardiner or bust imo. Rather just take the whoever is there at 7 otherwise.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Qrispy

Gunnarsson is solid but unspectacular. I wouldn't trade down to 21st for a player like that tbh.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

That @TheCityOfChamps guy is always posting rumours etc. on Twitter as if they're fact but I can't think of a single thing that he's been right on.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Explain this to me. Gardiner does a ton of charity work for the Leafs and never once complained about being in the AHL. He actually praised Leafs management saying they're doing what's best for him and the organization and it's up to him to learn from Eakins. Eakins praised Gardiner for his attitude and said he never once brought a negative attitude to the rink. Eakins also said when he asked Gardiner he said he wants to be in the NHL - Eakins said something along the lines of "If Jake didn't tell me he wants to be in the NHL than he would have a terrible attitude".

If anything, one can make the Schultz has a bad attitude full of entitlement (although I'm not going to make that). As for why would you want Gardiner? Well he is an exceptional puck moving D with top pairing potential. He has proven chemistry with Justin Schultz and the two compliment each other perfectly. Eakins wants to play a transitional game and Gardiner is a great player for that. Eakins also loves Gardiner and his playing style.

As a Leafs fan, I'd rather not trade Gardiner for the 7th overall pick. You Oilers fans should be ecstatic about the possibility of Gardiner for the 7th overall pick however. I pray the Leafs don't make this trade. If we were to trade Gardiner to the Oilers I would have a hard time justifying the trade unless it was Gardiner + for RNH/Yakupov/Eberle (didn't mention Hall because that's even more unlikely although I doubt you would trade any of those players for Gardiner).

I saw a proposal on these boards of Gunnarsson + 21st overall for the 7th overall pick but I don't feel that would be enough to get it done personally. I mentioned Franson + 21st would be fair value wise, but I think the Leafs would say no as they wouldn't be able to replace Franson.

Overall, I don't think there is a deal to be made between the two teams if it means a top 4D (Franson, Gardiner, Phaneuf, Gunarsson) for the 7th overall pick UNLESS the Leafs have another deal ready to acquire a D (Coburn, Robidas, Michalek, etc...)

Old
06-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Lindo

Realistically (Nonis and MacT) they were talking about anything and Kypreos is literally just grasping at anything here. I'm sure MacT is interested in offers to move down (Kypreos video said to 10-12 would be the most preferred) but I'm also sure he's talked about moving up too.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Gotta say that's a pretty good offer.
Just get the feeling that Mac T would really go after Gardiner because of the Schultz and Eakins connection.
Gunnarsson is an awesome defenceman to have.

He's the most reliable defenceman we've had since he arrived. Unspectacular but he's mobile, makes good passes, great stick and effective wrist shot that almost always hits the net. It's tough to contemplate giving up your most reliable player on the back end but we have Morgan Rielly, Matthew Finn and Stuart Percy coming up in a couple years, as well as guys like Jesse Blacker, Petter Granberg and Korbinian Holzer.

Gunnarsson is the guy you guys should want.

Whether it's in a trade for the 7th or something else.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:38 AM
GrandLarseny
Off to the KHL

Quote:
Gunnarsson is an awesome defenceman to have.

He's the most reliable defenceman we've had since he arrived. Unspectacular but he's mobile, makes good passes, great stick and effective wrist shot that almost always hits the net. It's tough to contemplate giving up your most reliable player on the back end but we have Morgan Rielly, Matthew Finn and Stuart Percy coming up in a couple years, as well as guys like Jesse Blacker, Petter Granberg and Korbinian Holzer.

Gunnarsson is the guy you guys should want.

Whether it's in a trade for the 7th or something else.
Yeah for real, I really like Gunnarsson. I think he's really underrated. Although, didn't Holzer take a step back this year?

Anyways, I really hope one of Lindholm/Monahan/Nichy are available to us. Anyone else is really a tier under for me, and I'm not sure who I'd take out of Ristolainen/Zadorov/Nurse.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

If Bozak walks, any interest in a Gagner for Gardiner swap? The Oilers would have to have another deal in place to acquire a replacement, but is that the potential basis of a deal?