HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lindros played balls to the wall!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Lindros played balls to the wall!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but he showed me something tonight vs Columbus. He should have a comeback year like Nedved did last year. I know it was only one game against a minor league caliber team, but he played hard and mean. He took some penaltys, but its preseason. He looks like he could have a year like he did a couple years ago with the FLY line. If we could get those numbers out of him with the jacked up Nedved line leading the pack then we just may just be okay this year.

Lundmark didn't look that great, but it was only one game. I'd still like to see him get a couple of games with Lindros to see what he's got but we shall see. I keep hearing about this Holik-Lundmark chemistry but I didnt see it. If he could step up and play with Lindros then Sather could move Carter for a defenseman and maybe a real live checking winger....but before I get ahead of myself......

Old
09-25-2003, 05:00 PM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Eric looked great out there tonight, it was good to see. Let's just hope he can keep it up.

I'm not worried about Lundmark, I thought he did fine tonight. He played on the PK and had a few chances. Did he shine? No but he didn't screw up either. He seems to have this microscope on him every game. Hey they won, let's just enjoy that.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:05 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I don't know about you guys, but he showed me something tonight vs Columbus. He should have a comeback year like Nedved did last year. I know it was only one game against a minor league caliber team, but he played hard and mean. He took some penaltys, but its preseason. He looks like he could have a year like he did a couple years ago with the FLY line. If we could get those numbers out of him with the jacked up Nedved line leading the pack then we just may just be okay this year.

Lundmark didn't look that great, but it was only one game. I'd still like to see him get a couple of games with Lindros to see what he's got but we shall see. I keep hearing about this Holik-Lundmark chemistry but I didnt see it. If he could step up and play with Lindros then Sather could move Carter for a defenseman and maybe a real live checking winger....but before I get ahead of myself......
I agree about Lindros he did look good. It looks like he has his chip back on his shoulders. I thought the whole line had good chemistry. It is a good sign to have are #1 and #2 line seem to click well together. And how about Dunham, good game.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Ive been saying al off-season Lindros will bounce back and he sure is showing signs of it. Looked a little like the Lindros of old, the type of player we thought we got when we traded for him. The line looked great too, Rucinsky showed great vison of the puck jamming in a rebound and a loose puck in front of the net.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Edge

lets not get carried away yet, its the first signs of life he's shown in a while but he did that last season too.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
lets not get carried away yet, its the first signs of life he's shown in a while but he did that last season too.
He played like he has something to prove. Didnt see that all of last year. He's not out of it yet but I'm optomistic.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:34 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Nobody's getting carried away but at no point last year was Eric as crisp or as sharp in his kating as well as hands as he was tonight.

He played with a ton of confidence he he didn't have to force things to make them happen as he was trying to do last year.

Hopefully it continues and I for one think it will.I think Eric did a little gut check after his miserable yr and has a ton of pride regardless of what some may think and he identified alot of what went wrong last yr and put a ton of work into addressing them to have it corrected for this year.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Not to mention he did a lot to improve himself in the off season. There's a lot of reason to get carried away but I don't see anyone doing that yet.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:34 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

yes if I recall correctly last season, Lindros came out and did a bit of physical play and seemed to get more than a few minor penalties. Then he got the stick infraction that resulted in a 1 game suspension, or perhaps I don't recall it correctly.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Barnaby

hey 37-93-27

thats a cool avi

Old
09-25-2003, 08:10 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
hey 37-93-27

thats a cool avi
Thanks

Old
09-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Fletch

Lindros' play was nice to see...

but he did that in spurts last season too. I think we'll have to wait until January to evaluate what he's done. As for Lundmark...he's still getting pushed around a good deal.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:37 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:

Thankyou, and remember kids Esa Tikkanen played awesome in preseason a couple year back too.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Thankyou, and remember kids Esa Tikkanen played awesome in preseason a couple year back too.
Nothing negative is allowed about Esa.... Please hold your criticism for the current regime

Old
09-26-2003, 11:21 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Nothing negative is allowed about Esa.... Please hold your criticism for the current regime
:p

I was a big fan of Esa until his last stand with NY, but he'll always go down in my book as one of my fave hockey players.

I hope Lindros proves me absolutly wrong as goes with the rest of the team, I just think we'll see a repeat or worse of last years team.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:50 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
:p

I was a big fan of Esa until his last stand with NY, but he'll always go down in my book as one of my fave hockey players.

I hope Lindros proves me absolutly wrong as goes with the rest of the team, I just think we'll see a repeat or worse of last years team.
I look at it that the team can't get any worse. The Nedved line will do more than our #1 Lindros line last year and Lindros line should be better then last year so as the #2 line they should be solid. Holik should bounce back and Jamie should improve. With a full year of Dunham and Kovalev this team SHOULD be better.... whether or not they are we shall see but Im optomistic about the playoffs.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:55 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
I look at it that the team can't get any worse. The Nedved line will do more than our #1 Lindros line last year and Lindros line should be better then last year so as the #2 line they should be solid. Holik should bounce back and Jamie should improve. With a full year of Dunham and Kovalev this team SHOULD be better.... whether or not they are we shall see but Im optomistic about the playoffs.
IT can't get any worse and that's the problem. A team should be able to get alot worse.
The Nedved line SHOULD do better but we'll see....
Holik is one of the players i have faith in.
Jamie is easily one of my favorites but I'm kinda sad to see that he didnt' put on much wieght (from what I've heard, I could be wrong) he needs to pack on about 10-15lbs and bulk up and he'll be an amazing player.
Dunham is solid and will be able to steal a few for us now and again.
Kovalev is hit or miss it seems....if he hits 70% of the time (meaning he can be effectiv) I'll be happy.. isn't that sad?

Don't take me the wrong way I love the Rags, and that's why it pains me to see them like this.
Too many ifs and shoulds.....

Old
09-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Clown, supposidly Jamie put on a lot of muscle in the upper body. Even JD commented on it last night.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Barnaby

You want Jamie to get stronger which he supposedly did... I guess we'll see after a few games but you dont want him to gain 15 pounds cuz his speed is a big part of his game. Remember Dube? Put on too much muscle so he lost his speed and sucked.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:20 PM
dedalus

I'm sorry but I simply can't get worked up about Eric Lindros deciding to wake up for a game against some AHL team. All it shows me is that he's picking his spots, which has been his MO since day one in this league.

He's a pooch yet I genuinely hope he lights it up big time so that he can be traded for value at the deadline.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I'm sorry but I simply can't get worked up about Eric Lindros deciding to wake up for a game against some AHL team. All it shows me is that he's picking his spots, which has been his MO since day one in this league.

He's a pooch yet I genuinely hope he lights it up big time so that he can be traded for value at the deadline.
If he lights it up and the Rangers are anywheres within 15 points of the playoffs then he isn't going anywhere.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Edge

lundmark is stronger but he's not there yet. i do however think he'll end up around the 200-205 mark.

I dont think he's really done anything to hurt himself yet, and if he can be a solid contributer thats all you can hope for. I think he's still finding his game but one thing worries is that this team stil hasnt given some of these younger guys roles. Like in NJ the kid knows what they want him to do, in ny its often trial by fire. after seeing how many young players the devils have helped along and seeing how the rangers have done, i'd say the swamp men have the right idea.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:54 PM
dedalus

Quote:
If he lights it up and the Rangers are anywheres within 15 points of the playoffs then he isn't going anywhere.
Yep, my biggest fear, a repeat of the last three years when anybody with half a brain knew the team was finished, but Sather failed to acknowledge the obvious and therefore failed to use the deadline productively.

Closed Thread