HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor Playoff Performance Shows That LA Kings Anze Kopitar Is Not An Elite Player…Yet

Old
06-12-2013, 11:58 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Poor Playoff Performance Shows That LA Kings Anze Kopitar Is Not An Elite Player…Yet

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
He is also not a Jedi....yet

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Exactly what I said, he can get a pass for some of you but playing that crappy for such a long time. That's not elite at all. Stoll replacing him said Alot.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Great article, Gann, but that title betrays it a little bit imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Exactly what I said, he can get a pass for some of you but playing that crappy for such a long time. That's not elite at all. Stoll replacing him said Alot.
Here we go again.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
sinister6000

Kopitar needs to change his mind set at 5 on 5, he can score more goals than Brown and Williams. But he would rather make plays, instead of putting head down, drive to the net and score goals. He could score 40 goals if he shot the puck as much as Jeff Carter. Carter and Toffoli know what they are on this team to do, score goals. Kopi has the size, speed, and skill to be as good as Malkin, Toews, Stampkos, E.Staal. but he has to want be a elite center in the nhl. I'm not sure if Sutter wants him cheat offensively, just so he can rack up the points 5 on 5. 4 years ago the management told him to be a great 2 way center, rather than just a point getter.

sinister6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister6000 View Post
Kopitar needs to change his mind set at 5 on 5, he can score more goals than Brown and Williams. But he would rather make plays, instead of putting head down, drive to the net and score goals. He could score 40 goals if he shot the puck as much as Jeff Carter. Carter and Toffoli know what they are on this team to do, score goals. Kopi has the size, speed, and skill to be as good as Malkin, Toews, Stampkos, E.Staal. but he has to want be a elite center in the nhl. I'm not sure if Sutter wants him cheat offensively, just so he can rack up the points 5 on 5. 4 years ago the management told him to be a great 2 way center, rather than just a point getter.
Agree. Especially when you see him charging around like a bull on the boards and in the corner. Hope he recovers fully and gets the speed and strength going again. He needs elite conditioning to survve a full season and slumps!

Old
06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
damacles1156

Kopitar doesn't even need to cheat on offense....He simply needs to shoot the puck more, and go to the net....

Kopitar has a very , very,very good shot. His size ,IQ and Hands are good enough that; if he would just go to the net more he would pot 5 to 10 more goals a year...

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
The Big Giant Head

Lets face it, Kopitar is not old but if he doesnt get it together in the next couple seasons then he may never. He might just end up being a really great 1st line center. I agree he needs to be a little more selfish with the puck and shoot more but im less concerned about goals and more concerned about his ability to almost completely disappear from some games or for long stretches. He needs to build more consistency to his game and that may be something that comes from coaching and play style rather than himself as a player. Sutter has yet to have a full season behind the bench and Kopi came in to last season with a bum knee and a shortened season with no training camp.

Im curious to see what Sutter can do with Kopitar with an 82 game schedule and a training camp to get things going.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Lets face it, Kopitar is not old but if he doesnt get it together in the next couple seasons then he may never. He might just end up being a really great 1st line center. I agree he needs to be a little more selfish with the puck and shoot more but im less concerned about goals and more concerned about his ability to almost completely disappear from some games or for long stretches. He needs to build more consistency to his game and that may be something that comes from coaching and play style rather than himself as a player. Sutter has yet to have a full season behind the bench and Kopi came in to last season with a bum knee and a shortened season with no training camp.

Im curious to see what Sutter can do with Kopitar with an 82 game schedule and a training camp to get things going.
What Sutter should do is sit Kopitar down in front of a TV and make him watch every game from the 2012 run. Pretty simple, PLAY LIKE THAT.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Perro

Crosby had a crap last round of the playoffs. I guess he is not elite.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

i think this compressed season plus long last season haas taken a bigger toll on our players then they will admit. I think having a extra day or two to rest u wouldnt be as banged up. I think with a full training camp kopitar comes back to life along with serveral others. oh yeah about this us wont beat the black hawks untill we get better offensively I say we would have beat the hawks if we had one more player at the deadline and been totally heathy

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i think this compressed season plus long last season haas taken a bigger toll on our players then they will admit. I think having a extra day or two to rest u wouldnt be as banged up. I think with a full training camp kopitar comes back to life along with serveral others. oh yeah about this us wont beat the black hawks untill we get better offensively I say we would have beat the hawks if we had one more player at the deadline and been totally heathy
I think we beat the Hawks had Quick played to his capabilities. I don't even think he needed to be 'lights out'....but he let in some bad goals.

Old
06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
bmr

The reason we lost that Hawks series is Kopitar and Brown, secondly to Quick. Not having Mitchell was definitely a factor.

It was Quick's worst series and Kopitar and Brown were basically invisible. Brown was injured, but who knows what was going on with Kopitar. He was dominant in last year's playoffs. Let's give him the offseason to make sure that knee is healed and lament about his performance. I'm expecting him to have a 100 point season in the next couple of years.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
What Sutter should do is sit Kopitar down in front of a TV and make him watch every game from the 2012 run. Pretty simple, PLAY LIKE THAT.
I am more in favor of shaking him until he plays like that

Old
06-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Cool. Now write one about Toews.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Old
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Crosby had a crap last round of the playoffs. I guess he is not elite.
He had a pretty awesome season when he was playing. Completely different scenarios.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
cool. Now write one about toews.
yyyyuuuuupppp

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Won't need to....until they lose. That's the difference.

Old
06-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Won't need to....until they lose. That's the difference.
Gonna be a bit short on elite players in the league if the criteria is they must make the cup final year after year

Old
06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I keep hearing that Kopi was getting married and that MAY have contributed to his prolonged slump. Anyone got a date on that? Hopefully it was yesterday and he get's back on the wagon immediately after the honeymoon.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Gonna be a bit short on elite players in the league if the criteria is they must make the cup final year after year
Not if they are playing well despite losing.....

Old
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There's a laundry list of star players who disappointed in the playoffs.

Crosby
Malkin
Toews
Kane
Datsyuk
Perry

Hell, even the best line going right now with Lucic-Krejci-Horton was criticized in the first round. This kind of crap happens every year and then people on message boards start labeling players as choke artists.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:06 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

He's an elite player, he just isn't one consistently.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM
likid

Kopi will be much more apreciated here on this board once he retire or is he traded. Then will some people realise what role Kopi had in that team...

likid is offline   Reply With Quote