HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tampa Bay - Edmonton

Old
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Obiwan Eberle

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay - Edmonton

To Edmonton:
3rd Overall
Vincent Lecavalier...Oil buy him out and he resigns at a lower rate in Tampa

To Tampa Bay:
7th Overall
and David Musil

This helps the Oil as they get Barkov.

Tampa has needs on D as they stand to lose a lot of their vets very soon. Tampa has also expressed interested in Nichushkin and he may still be there at 7...as well the money spent on Lecavalier not only affects their salary cap, but their bottom end.

Damn, I'm bored..someone hurry up and win the cup so we can get to it

Obiwan Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
2 Weekes Notice

I don't think TB does it for fear of getting nailed for cap circumvention (Bettman finds a way)/renewed chance that Jones is there at 3. However, this is the first of these offers for a Vinny buyout trade that wasn't completely insulting, so cheers to you for that, OP.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:32 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Let's give this guy a hand for creativity!!! If Betman doesn't mind this, it would be one helluva crazy hockey story.

Hopefully Edmonton takes Barkov with the pick if Jones isn't there. Few years down the line Edmonton ships either Gagner or Hopkins out the door for depth at another position, I assume.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Archangel

vCash: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan Eberle View Post
To Edmonton:
3rd Overall

To Tampa Bay:
7th Overall
and David Musil

Tampa has needs on D as they stand to lose a lot of their vets very soon. Tampa has also expressed interested in Nichushkin and he may still be there at 7...as well the money spent on Lecavalier not only affects their salary cap, but their bottom end.

Oiler need to like add Eberle or something

Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Draiskull

vCash: 642
Quote:
To Edmonton:
3rd Overall

To Tampa Bay:
7th Overall
and David Musil

and what if the deal is made and EDM decides to not buy out Lecavalier?
I dont think a deal like this will be made for a big ticket player. Couldve worked for a guy like Briere... PHI trades him away.. gets bought out... sign him for cheap.

Draiskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
Yeah... Edmonton is going to give up Eberle just so that they can blow millions of dollars on a guy who isn't going to play for him.

Man things would be interesting if you were GM of the Canucks.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
NeutralZone

While Katz is loaded, he's pretty tight with the purse strings. He expects to make a profit off the team, you could see it in his hardball arena negotiations. I can't see him agreeing to what is essentially a cash trade like this.

If he was willing though, Edmonton fans would love this trade.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:00 AM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
I'd keep Lecavalier.

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
A91
Oilers + Real Madrid

Tampa won't give up a top 3 pick in what's said to be the best draft since 03 just to get rid of lecavlier.

If anything it would have to be 7+Ebs for 3+Connolly/Purcell and I still don't see either team doing it, definitely not the Oilers.

Edit:Just realized how bad my response was, the main point is to get rid of Lecavlier. 3+lecavlier for 7+Smid maybe?

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall04 View Post
Tampa won't give up a top 3 pick in what's said to be the best draft since 03 just to get rid of lecavlier.

If anything it would have to be 7+Ebs for 3+Connolly/Purcell and I still don't see either team doing it, definitely not the Oilers.

Edit:Just realized how bad my response was, the main point is to get rid of Lecavlier. 3+lecavlier for 7+Smid maybe?
There isn't a team in the league that considers taking Lecavlier's paycheck for that value. We're talking about tens of millions of dollars here...

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:59 AM
First round bust

Quote:
To Edmonton:
3rd Overall

To Tampa Bay:
7th Overall
and David Musil

I think oiler fans are going to have to live outside the top 5 this year, I can't see anyone of them moving you there pick.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:16 PM
NeutralZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by First round bust View Post
I think oiler fans are going to have to live outside the top 5 this year, I can't see anyone of them moving you there pick.
I see Carolina as a possibility. They know Edmonton and Calgary are unlikely to take Nichushkin, and probably not Nurse either if Edmonton is trading up. That means unless they are keen on Lindholm or Monahan, they don't lose much of anything trading down.

However, moving up to 5 also doesn't help Edmonton much unless Barkov is available, in which case Carolina isn't going to trade. It's getting Barkov or MacKinnon that Edmonton really wants, and that probably means top 4 and I don't see it happening.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
I don't think TB does it for fear of getting nailed for cap circumvention (Bettman finds a way)/renewed chance that Jones is there at 3. However, this is the first of these offers for a Vinny buyout trade that wasn't completely insulting, so cheers to you for that, OP.
I don't think it's cap circumvention because they gave up value to move the contract. It's not like they got Lecavalier at a cheaper price with no consequences. Also i really don't see how it's against the rules to trade a player and the other team buy him out. What they can't do is have an agreement that Lecavalier for sure signs in Tampa after, but i'm sure they'd be savvy enough to not ever say that.

In saying that i have a hard time thinking Katz would be willing to eat that much money just for a prospect. I'd love it if he was willing, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
Are you serious?

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Let's give this guy a hand for creativity!!! If Betman doesn't mind this, it would be one helluva crazy hockey story.

Hopefully Edmonton takes Barkov with the pick if Jones isn't there. Few years down the line Edmonton ships either Gagner or Hopkins out the door for depth at another position, I assume.
Similar offer was done in a post for a Buffalo-Tampa Bay proposal. Buffalo 8th for 3rd + LeCav and they then buy him out.

First issue----unsure if the rules would allow teams to do this. You cant do buyouts on players inSeptember if they werent on the roster at the trade deadline. I can not find anything that says yes/no on deals during the June/Julyt buyout time.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Stammer Time*
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Who are these vets we are going to lose and apparently can't live without?

Stammer Time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
TOGuy14

I don't think Katz would do this.

Sure he is filthy rich, but they way he held negotiations over the new arena deal (ie his laughable thread to move the team over a few million in differences) make me think he isn't exactly amenable to spending $24-30M to move up a few spots in a draft.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote