HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Crimson Skorpion - Independent Wrestler (In Training)

Old
06-23-2013, 08:39 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Next time CS posts a pic of himself, I want to see a DB beard, please.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Obligatory Daniel Bryan plug that actually applies here.

Beard confidently.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:36 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Quote:
He should grow more hair on his head.

I'm sincerely happy for you, man.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:37 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post

Shut up, Jacob.

06-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Actually, I'll be buzzing soon.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:57 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Quote:
Shut up, Jacob.
Is that your new catchphrase? Fine.

Shut up, Michael.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Is that your new catchphrase? Fine.

Shut up, Michael.
Can't believe you would do that. How could you?

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Angel de Lys
Mrs. CrimsonSkorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Actually, I'll be buzzing soon.
Not too buzzed, I like it when your widow's peak shows

Angel de Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Angel de Lys
Mrs. CrimsonSkorpion

Quote:

CS used to have long hair many, many years ago. He gradually kept cutting it shorter, sometimes he'd go back to long, until he eventually started buzzing.

Angel de Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:

There I am, far right.

I'm the one in the back. Had to run from one end of the auditorium to the other.

Old
06-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
heh, Boogli is a graduate from Grenier's school. I forget his name, but I chatted with him at my friend's show. Nice guy.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
heh, Boogli is a graduate from Grenier's school. I forget his name, but I chatted with him at my friend's show. Nice guy.
Kids love him too. Got one of the bigger pops of the night.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Great stuff, man! Just saw the pics now.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:07 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Heh. Boogli.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
First class is this Friday. Did some YT watching and stumbled upon Peter Polaco's personal YT page. For those who don't recognize the name, that's Justin Credible. He's started his own vlog series called "Pro Wrestling 101" and I suggest any aspiring wrestler to watch the videos (only two right now, but more to come).

http://www.youtube.com/user/polacopeter73?feature=watch

I'd link the videos directly but his language is a little colorful so as per site rules, there is the link for your viewing. His storytelling video in particular is VERY true and something I've been telling Mrs. CS for months now, many times over.

Old
07-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Update coming, once I get home.

Ow...

Old
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

That's a sign of a proper class.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Alright, here's my experience for my first class...

I got there about 5:45 and started helping out with clearing the storage (where the ring is stored, along with all the barricades and other stuff for the event). Once more people showed up, we set up the ring. Frame, bars, turnbuckle posts, ropes, apron, canvas, everything. Quite a fun experience and I really gained a lot of knowledge from doing this.

Next up, we did some stretches to loosen up. Generic stuff; neck stretches, arm stuff, leg stuff, the basics. Following that was a cardio drill where we had to do three laps around the ring, run out the auditorium, down a flight of stairs and back up the other side and finishing with a lateral jump over a three foot box. After that was completed, we did 25 jumping jacks and 10 push-ups. Next, came the bumps...

First drill was the three-man bump. Three guys sit in the middle of the ring, locking legs and then throwing themselves into a bump while sitting down. This was done five times per group of three. Next came the small bump, where we run up to the trainer, crouch down and the trainer gives us a light tap for us to take a bump. After that was a variation between the one foot bump (take a bump while leaving the left foot on the canvas), no foot bump, candlestick bump (handstand into a bump), one-handed bump, no hand bump.

-My bumps were good but it showed I had three years of time off. A lot of rust. My main focus point was to land the bump where I stepped off. Instead of doing that, I was often lunging forward and landing away from the starting point.

-My candle stick bumps seemed good, just need to work on the finish.

-Regular bumps need to work on the finish as well. I was landing more my midlle-lower back than I was my upper back, right around the shoulder blades.

Next came the chain drill. Body slam, suplex, elbow drop leg drop. Pretty simple stuff. I remember doing this a few years back, so I was comfortable giving and taking the moves.

- My body slam was almost perfect, just one minor flaw. I had to transition the hand around the guys neck to the back of his head, to allow proper follow through motion when I released.

- Same as the suplex. I grabbed the middle of the waist band but was supposed to grab it around the waist. My knuckles are supposed to hit his hip, which allows for more support, rather than pushing the guy's stomach in.

- Elbow drop and leg drop were about footwork. I have to be in a better spot, as I was landing a bit akward.

After that was a set of dropkicks, big boots and spinning heel kicks. First we did them standing still in the middle of the ring and then we did all three moves following an irish whip into the ropes (whip the guy, as he comes back you deliver the move).

- My dropkicks surprised everyone, myself included. We were mainly aiming for the chest and on my first attempt, I caught the trainer right on the chin. I was told I had great vertical height, but need to work on my landing. You have to jump, get both feet on the guy's chest, push off, contort your body to the side and land on your stomach. I was doing the most of it, but would panic towards the end and land awkwardly on my side. I was told it was normal for someone who is trying it for the first time.

- My big boot was good as well. I'm able to get my foot up about 6'2" in the air, so I was landing the boot right to the head. Problem was timing. Once the guy hits the ropes, you have to get the boot up.

- Spinning heel kick gave me the most problems. Landing the move was easy, landing was the problem. I was hitting the move right to the chops each time, but I was landing on my side and hip instead of my back. Think about the bump someone takes on a swinging neck breaker. That's pretty much the motion you make when executing this move. Funny enough though, they understood why I was doing it and said if it's more my style than you can't really change that. No two people perform the same move the same way. Everyone does it differently, so that was pretty comforting to hear.

As the class was winding down, the trainer pulled me into the ring and helped me with my main trouble... hitting the friggin' ropes. First off, let me tell you... it's harder than you think. You start off on one side, take two large steps, pivot, grab the rope AS you're pivoting, bounce off and do it again. The entire thing was giving me troubles and to boot, my back was suffering a bad case of rope burn. Yes, even with a shirt on, those damn ropes eat away at your skin. I did this for about 10-15 minutes and have to work on my pivot and grabbing the rope. My feet are ending up too close to the ropes, which is resulting in less recoil on the bounce and less momentum. A work in progress, as I was told.

After that, I had some fun and learned how to give and take a few submission moves. We focused on the figure four leg lock and cattle mutilation. Figure four is something else... It's easy to lock it in but you have to be careful with the amount of pressure you give. If you push down the thigh too hard on the guy's ankle, you can end up breaking his leg, legit. Lucky for me, I was told I could give this move without putting any pressure and making it believable because of the fact that I have long legs, which give the effect that our legs are tangled up pretty tight.

The cattle mutilation is a fun move, doesn't hurt to take. I first took it and then gave one myself. Botched the first attempt when I went to flip over and forgot to bridge.

Class finished with an 8-minute sparring match between two guys that have tons of experience. Fun thing to watch, especially since they were in character and playing their heel/face roles. Once the match was done, the trainer gave some critiques from the notes he took down.

Class fully ended at 11:15pm and we chatted up about other stuff; hockey, video games, Comiccon, etc...

My experience: Ouch. It's going to take some working on and some patience. I was getting pretty frustrated on the ropes and the trainer could see that, as he continuously told me to relax and not to get too upset. Just my personality though. It registers in my head, I know what to do but when it comes time to execute it, it's not working out which really pisses me off.

This morning... Lordy Lord, did it hurt to get up. My back still has the markings of the ropes, my neck is stiff and my lower back aches. Next class is on the 19th and will be a special one as retired local indy wrestler Don Paysan will be running the class.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:46 PM
duckchobbins

Awesome update. Sounds like a blast actually. I've heard from others that hitting the ropes is one of the harder things to master, so you're not alone!

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:27 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Those ropes, man. They're not made for elasticity, That's for sure.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Damn CS. Make it happen, brotha. I'm pulling for ya.

Make some shirts so we can rock them in support! V-neck preferably.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Dempsey

I wrestled all over the pacific northwest from 2004 - 2009, mostly for ECCW, under the name Mike Dempsey. I had most of my success down in Oregon and have worked several guys who've been on WWE before or after our matches. I've been working out lately to possibly make a comeback. If you make it out to BC, send me a message!

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:17 AM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
I wrestled all over the pacific northwest from 2004 - 2009, mostly for ECCW, under the name Mike Dempsey. I had most of my success down in Oregon and have worked several guys who've been on WWE before or after our matches. I've been working out lately to possibly make a comeback. If you make it out to BC, send me a message!

Old
07-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

Quote:
I'm impressed. Loved the set up to the finish.

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
duckchobbins

Big E stole your finisher!

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote