HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm-Tor

Old
06-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Weast
Ryan O'Money

vCash: 500
Edm-Tor

I recall hearing this proposal a while ago, not sure if was on this site (If it is feel free to delete this).

7th Overall

Morgan Reilly

Not sure if anything needs to be added, but it just seems to tend to both sides weaknesses, assuming if Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board

Weast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:51 PM
ShortSideFlick

Pretty sure it was Gardiner not Rielly

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:56 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

For Lindholm... MAYBE

I like Monahan but I wouldn't trade Rielly for him.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:57 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Rielly was #5 last year. So i am sure it does not address our needs. Ivwould hate to giveup on gards even for 7th. Chances are against the 7th even being a fulltime nhler. Gardiner has far exceeded his expectations already.

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:00 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
For Lindholm... MAYBE

I like Monahan but I wouldn't trade Rielly for him.
Monahan is pretty good TBH. seen him live a lot, real deal.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Not happening. If TB or Fla want him we'll add for Barkov if we really want that center

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Larry Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs View Post
I recall hearing this proposal a while ago, not sure if was on this site (If it is feel free to delete this).

7th Overall

Morgan Reilly

Not sure if anything needs to be added, but it just seems to tend to both sides weaknesses, assuming if Lindholm or Monahan are still on the board
Leafs say no. Rielly may have equal value to a guy like Lindholm but Rielly has that extra year of development and I think holds a bit more value. Wouldn't trade Rielly for a draft pick unless it was in the top 4 this year.

Larry Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

would only trade Reilly for a top 2 pick. And a trade for Jones is lateral at best. Reilly has an extra year of development too...Pointless for the leafs

Leafs Win The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Weast
Ryan O'Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Win The Cup View Post
would only trade Reilly for a top 2 pick. And a trade for Jones is lateral at best. Reilly has an extra year of development too...Pointless for the leafs
Well if Reilly and Jones are about even in value than I have been MASSIVELY underrating Reilly

Weast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:24 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Well if Reilly and Jones are about even in value than I have been MASSIVELY underrating Reilly
It's okay, it happens to all of us

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:29 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Jones has a higher upside by all accounts. You must dream this stuff up because i never agree with you. Not a lateral move.

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:32 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Reilly is a great prospect, but if the Oilers are moving the pick or dropping far in the draft, I'd hope it would be for immediate help.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:37 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

No way. Rielly has been progressing nicely. Only way I move Rielly or Gardiner is for a top 4 pick with the selection being one of Mac or Barkov.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
you have, he's gonna be a stud, hence why I'm not trading him

Old
06-19-2013, 07:40 PM
4thlineforlife

Id do this deal. By all accounts the 3 forwards at 7 have top line upside and Nurse has top pairing upside. So Id want to get a guy like Reilly who has top pairing upside. To be fair, its not like Reilly blew away anyone this year with his progression (not to the extent Trouba has) so I dont think his value has went up that much. And with the top 10 being deeper this year is roughly a 5,6, or 7th pick. In those spots Lindholm/Monahan/Nischuskin are all be talked about equally

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:46 PM
4thlineforlife

Quote:
I almost read this post as saying a trade between Reilly and Seth Jones is lateral at best, I think my eyes are tired after work. I think you mean Nurse

4thlineforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Reilly is a great prospect, but if the Oilers are moving the pick or dropping far in the draft, I'd hope it would be for immediate help.
I agree. IF something like this went down the Oilers would be more interested in Gardiner for your reason, and because Eakins worked extensively with him and is known to be very high on him.

On the Leafs end, we just drafted Rielly, he's been progressing well, and management was spouting all "we'd have taken him 1st OA" crap. Liles is a decent enough stop gap until Rielly is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
No way. Rielly has been progressing nicely. Only way I move Rielly or Gardiner is for a top 4 pick with the selection being one of Mac or Barkov.
All baseless, but it could be that Tampa/Florida/Nashville IF willing to move the pick said they wouldn't drop more than x number of spots. So Nonis says "if I can turn Gardiner into the #7 pick, what else am I going to have to add to it?"

Old
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I almost read this post as saying a trade between Reilly and Seth Jones is lateral at best, I think my eyes are tired after work. I think you mean Nurse
I meant it exactly as I wrote it

Old
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
TheMadHatTrick

Quote:

7th Overall

Morgan Reilly

I would make that deal but only if one of Monahan or Lindholm are there. Rielly has an extra year of development, but Monahan is also more physically mature than him and could possibly play in the NHL from a physical standpoint next year. Lindholm has already been playing with men and could also play in the AHL if not the NHL right away. I think Rielly is back in the WHL next year based on what I saw of him with the Marlies. Valuewise I believe they are about equal.

Last edited by TheMadHatTrick: 06-19-2013 at 07:59 PM.
TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Id do this deal. By all accounts the 3 forwards at 7 have top line upside and Nurse has top pairing upside. So Id want to get a guy like Reilly who has top pairing upside. To be fair, its not like Reilly blew away anyone this year with his progression (not to the extent Trouba has) so I dont think his value has went up that much. And with the top 10 being deeper this year is roughly a 5,6, or 7th pick. In those spots Lindholm/Monahan/Nischuskin are all be talked about equally
Rielly fell to #5 because of concerns about his knee. He has thus far proven everyone wrong about that, which automatically makes him more valuable knowing what we know now. He also played on a terrible Moose Jaw team and contributed a significant amount of offence to that team, so maybe you are just looking at point totals and drawing conclusions.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Aceonfire*

It is going to be for Gardiner not Reilly.

And for all the Leaf fans saying the value isn't close. How else do you expect to get a #1 center...

You have to give to get, D is one of your strengths and Rielly will likely be better than Gardiner.

Look at it from our POV. We are giving up one of Monahan, Lindholm, Nicushkin, Nurse for a young D that has been inconsistent and has already had concussion issues.

Not knocking the kid, but you have to check both pros and cons.

There is way more risk from Edmonton's side.

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
I'f rather deal Franson + 21 for #7.

06-19-2013, 07:59 PM
McDangler97
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
I'd rather have Gardiner
We need players who can help now
Although I have no idea why T.O would trade Gardiner for a pick

McDangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Don't take this as trying start anything, but I have disagree about Rielly's progression not blowing anyone away. A defenseman putting up 54 points in 60 games on a SERIOUSLY weak team is damn impressive.

For what it's worth HF ranks Rielly as the top D prospect who hasn't played in the NHL yet (only hamilton and schultz ahead of him). We finally have a prospect that HF respects so these rankings are now absolutely valid and completely reasonable

Old
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Oh joy, you're back.

Anyway I'm not sure the Oilers do this. They need a 2C pretty badly. And although they need Defense as well. They already have an OFD in Schultz who so far has done more and looked better then Rielly.

At #7 theres a very good chance the Oilers will get one of Monahan or Lindholm.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote