Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Old
06-20-2013, 12:14 PM
cat400

vCash: 500
The 1972 Stanley Cup Champions won two games in their opponents' rink and won the final series in 6 games.

No reason why this year's edition can't duplicate the feat.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I mentioned this in the other Thread but what do you think about taking Both Daugavins and Thornton out of the lineup and replacing them with Soderberg and Caron?

Would you do it or would you wait until we have home ice and last change?
Do it yesterday.

Yeti-Jesus-Caron is a much better line than Dog-Jesus-Thornton.

Jean_Jacket41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Do it yesterday.

Yeti-Jesus-Caron is a much better line than Dog-Jesus-Thornton.
Agreed, said the same thing to my friend yesterday. Dauguvins is just useless and a complete liability. Thornton isn't nearly as effective without Paille & Campbell IMO.

I know it won't happen, but we can dream.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
DerekD
Rookie User

Bruins impressive

Hawk fan here but certainly not to troll, I just wanted to say how absolutely shocked I was, not having watched Boston, at the top-line speed that they have. We are used to watching the Hawks fly around and make other teams look slow, and now it appears that you are used to the same thing. The difference is that your forwards are bigger for the most part.

I think it's going seven and I don't have any idea on an outcome, I just know that I will not be able to watch/listen if it goes to OT.

Good luck the rest of the series, and if there is a team that I wouldn't mind finishing 2nd to, it would be the Bruins. Couldn't be happier that you beat Vancouver in 2011, a team that many Chicago fans are not too crazy about.

DerekD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
MoreOrr
B4

My thoughts, coming here just to say that...

What a life-sucking game that was!

How anyone who's a fan of Playoff hockey, Stanley Cup Finals hockey, could like a game like that I cannot understand. The only positive to take out of it as a Bruins fan is that in the end Chicago did only win by 1 goal.

The team has had some bad moments in the Finals, especially that 1st Period in game 2, but then they found life and came back with a storm. Last night neither team could sustain any kind of strong play. Oh there were goals alright, but the result of uncountable defensive errors. Other than about 4 or 5 players, the Bruins looked spent for the greater part of the game. Chara was particularly useless.

They've got 3 days off now, but I'm really wondering if this team has enough in the tank to actually win 2 more games in the series. I'm imagining they'll bounce back for 1, but I'm not sure about 2. Again though, the only positive is that Chicago didn't look much better.

There, that's my 2 cents.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Broonzfanz

One Positive was Torey Krug ..... The kid played a regualr shift in OT and looked fine. Really noticeable because Chicago's rookie D Leddy never touched the ice

Broonzfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

If that's Chicago's best,they're doomed. Bruins stunk and so did Rask.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 341
I did not post after the game early this morning when I got home because I was too tired and had to try and sleep.

The B's did not play their game. The D was not good.

They will have to get it together and win Sat.

GO B'S!

06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
mksee

We had our chance.

Last night we had a chance to put a strangle hold on the cup. A win and it will be ours. I knew that I am sure the Bruin players did too. Then they decided to not show up. We gave them game 1 and we gave them last nights game. How can a team play that badly with the cup at stake? They are toast... CHI in 6

I hope I am wrong.

mksee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksee View Post
We had our chance.

Last night we had a chance to put a strangle hold on the cup. A win and it will be ours. I knew that I am sure the Bruin players did too. Then they decided to not show up. We gave them game 1 and we gave them last nights game. How can a team play that badly with the cup at stake? They are toast... CHI in 6

I hope I am wrong.
No need to hope. You are.

Jean_Jacket41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broonzfanz View Post
One Positive was Torey Krug ..... The kid played a regualr shift in OT and looked fine. Really noticeable because Chicago's rookie D Leddy never touched the ice
Someone needed to take the place of Chara, Ference, Seidenburg, and McQuaid. On the defensive side, only Krug and Boychuck played well, but as a team most of them were defensively inadequate.

Krug, Boychuck, Seguin, Bergeron, and Peverley were the only ones who had a good game.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksee View Post
We had our chance.

I hope I am wrong.
Overreaction much? Do you really see the Bruins losing 3 straight?

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

I had mentioned at the conclusion of last night's game that I thought the better team won and it was received with some controversy that I wasn't able to attend to, as I was *ahem* tied up.

I haven't read everything in this thread, but this is the way I saw the game in brief point form.

- the Blackhawks executed better and scored not only more goals, but better ones.

- the Bruins were sloppy and lacked focus. They let down their guard last night, which is something they NEVER did against the Penguins. Rask didn't stand a chance.

- the officiating was spotty and called the game in the Bruins' favor.

- major reason we were in the game at all, was due to some WEAK goaltending from Mr. Crawford. Straight shots three feet off the ice to his glove side. If Tuukka had let those goals in, he would have been crucified for costing us the game. A brutal performance from the Chicago 'tender.

There are those who thought we played a better game from the second period on... I wonder in what way? Faceoffs?

The right team won last night.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
If that's Chicago's best,they're doomed. Bruins stunk and so did Rask.
That wasn't Chicago's best, that was neither team's best.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Someone needed to take the place of Chara, Ference, Seidenburg, and McQuaid. On the defensive side, only Krug and Boychuck well, but as a team most of them were defensively inadequate.

Krug, Boychuck, Seguin, Bergeron, and Peverley were the only ones who had a good game.
Debatable. Yeah he had 2 goals, but he had some lazy lazy backchecking as well. If you're going to throw Bergeron in there as having a good game, Jagr did too. Yeah he didn't backcheck on the OT goal, but he was a force all night long.

Old
mikelvl

This group of Bruins has dealt with crippling losses in the past and they are more than able to do so again. They played horribly last night. Hopefully the extra day of rest will give Chara and Seidenberg in particular the time to get their rest and their legs back. Lucic was not Lucic last night. Seidenberg with horrible decisions to pinch. They can't possibly play that way and win. They have to return to their game.

But, are the Hawks (definitely the best team the B's have faced all year) too strong for the Bruins? Have the B's run out of gas this year? Do they have it in them to play their game and beat the best team in hockey two out of three including at least one on the road?

I have no idea what is going to happen next. No result would surprise me at this point. But why do I think Overtime in Game 7 is on the horizon?

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I'm just worried about them not winning 2. Is that objective enough?

Old
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Someone needed to take the place of Chara, Ference, Seidenburg, and McQuaid. On the defensive side, only Krug and Boychuck played well, but as a team most of them were defensively inadequate.

I felt both Ference / Kelly played better then Krug / Seguin.

Overally, not the best effort....but we need to start outshooting Chicago. Crawford is their weakest link.

06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
No but, they could lose 2 out of 3 and that is all the Hawks need to win it all.

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

- the officiating was spotty and called the game in the Bruins' favor.
There seemed to be more penalties than normal last night; but again I think that's another sign that both teams were having an off-night defensively and they were committing fouls to try to make up for errors in their play.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Barry Pederson was on D & C this morning with some good observations. D & C were all for blaming Chara and Seidenberg but Pederson was adament in disagreeing. Said the vast majority of the defensive breakdowns were the forwards' fault, that even the greatest defensemen in the world can't cope when they're continually outnumbered. The hallmark of the Bruins is team defense, and they totally got away from that.

The good thing is that it's fixable. They can and will be better.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFan64 View Post
No but, they could lose 2 out of 3 and that is all the Hawks need to win it all.
Certainly possible, but what I said was a direct response to sai poster saying Hawks in 6 now because they lost last night.

Would I be surprised if the hawks won in 6? Yes. I just don't see the B's losing 3 in a row given how they've played since Game 7 in round 1. Would is shock me if the Hawks won in 7? Nope. Would it shock me if the B's won in 7? Nope. Would it shock me if the B's won in 6? A bit, but I think they have a better chance of doing it, than CHI.

This is about as evenly matched of a series as you could get. Both teams could've swept if the breaks went their ways, both teams would be up 3-1 as well.

Bruins just need to play their game, tighten up the defense and they'll win.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:02 PM
bruins seguin 19*

heart

it takes heart to win lord stanley to drink the brandy. bruins have heart. see lucic , bergeron for examples.

bruins seguin 19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
There seemed to be more penalties than normal last night; but again I think that's another sign that both teams were having an off-night defensively and they were committing fouls to try to make up for errors in their play.
Agreed. Some of the calls were weak calls as well, against both teams. The hook against Krug was pretty garbage, as was the hook Krejci I believe gave to the Hawks.

I wouldn't say the game was called in the Bruins favor though, there was nothing glaring against either team.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:04 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Defense was atrocious. Chara, Seidenberg and Ference were all lousy.

Not worried. This is going 7, and the B's will win in septuple OT on a goal from Jagr followed by a salute.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote