Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Old
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Barry Pederson was on D & C this morning with some good observations. D & C were all for blaming Chara and Seidenberg but Pederson was adament in disagreeing. Said the vast majority of the defensive breakdowns were the forwards' fault, that even the greatest defensemen in the world can't cope when they're continually outnumbered. The hallmark of the Bruins is team defense, and they totally got away from that.

The good thing is that it's fixable. They can and will be better.
Don't wish to be a negative nelly, but Yes, first this team IS much much better than what they showed last night. I now also feel fairly sure that they're a better team, marginally or to whatever degree it may be, than the Hawks.... But they looked defensively dead in the water last night. Defensively, have they played a worse game at anytime in the Season? The Bruins are an energy team, but last night it looked as though the energy had all gone. I'm not now 100% sure that they can get that energy back enough to win two more games.

And yes, the forwards definitely do need to help out the defense, but our top-D just aren't playing as top-D. Chara hasn't looked himself in quite some time, IMO.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Mainehockey33
HF Boards Founder

I hope no one wants to get rid of Boychuk after these playoffs, the guy is a ****ing beast and easily the toughest Bruin.

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:07 PM
northeastern

Chi played well bruins did not. I'm not scared. Win Saturday

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

I still don't understand why Boychuk is not getting any PP time.

06-20-2013, 12:08 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
I hope no one wants to get rid of Boychuk after these playoffs, the guy is a ****ing beast and easily the toughest Bruin.
Love Boychuk, but he's playing over his head right now. Wouldn't be a bad idea to gauge the market for him and see if you could get an overpayment.

That being said, he probably stays, and I hope he does.

JRull86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:08 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
I still don't understand why Boychuk is not getting any PP time.
He is getting PP time, but he should get more.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Barry Pederson...said the vast majority of the defensive breakdowns were the forwards' fault, that even the greatest defensemen in the world can't cope when they're continually outnumbered. The hallmark of the Bruins is team defense, and they totally got away from that.
I had noticed that too and caught myself asking, "What happened to the Bruins' defensive layers?" Clearly they were unable to provide a team defense solution to the Hawks offense last night. And you are right: it is fixable.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Mainehockey33
HF Boards Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Love Boychuk, but he's playing over his head right now. Wouldn't be a bad idea to gauge the market for him and see if you could get an overpayment.

That being said, he probably stays, and I hope he does.
He's definitely over his head in the scoring depot but he always brings solid defensive play, hard hitting, durability and a rocket of a shot. I think the Bruins would miss him a lot if they got rid of him, more so then they would miss Ference.

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:13 PM
foucs

I didn't like how Chara was crying to the refs.. actually screaming at them when Toews accidently skated into Raskl and hugged him... it reminded me of Crosby. Speaking of which..in the Boston-Pitsburgh series, i lost all respect for Chara when they showed him punching Crosby square in the jaw in a small scrum.
I have Zero respect for him!

foucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EverettMike

(If you read what I am about to write and think I have given up on this series, please don't respond, because I haven't. I still think the Bruins are more likely to win it than lose it. Thank you in advance.)

God-****ing-dammit we are ****ing giving this mother ****ing series away **** **** ****.

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
He is getting PP time, but he should get more.
He had no PP time last night....and CJ played Peverly on the point.

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlacknGold Barbarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksee View Post
We had our chance.

Last night we had a chance to put a strangle hold on the cup. A win and it will be ours. I knew that I am sure the Bruin players did too. Then they decided to not show up. We gave them game 1 and we gave them last nights game. How can a team play that badly with the cup at stake? They are toast... CHI in 6

I hope I am wrong.
Ummm....no. Once again, each game in this series is its own animal. The teams are that evenly matched, and with the exception of Game 3 either team could have won any of these games. Winning last night would not have put a stranglehold on the Cup, nor is losing last night the end.

I know this is blasphemy, but not every game is a "must win," a term that has become overused to the point of abuse. Game 1 is a "must win" because you want to set the tone, Game 2 is a "must win" because you need to split the away games, Game 3 is a "must win" because it's the first game at home and you need the crowd in it, Game 4 is a "must win" because if the series is tied that's the same as handing Chicago the Cup. Game 5 is a "must win" because a loss makes game 6 a must must win. Heck, some people thought game 4 against Pittsburgh was just like a Game 7 because....I don't know, it sounds more dramatic or something. This is all just a little silly.

Stunk to lose last night, but I don't think it tells us anything about which team is winning the series.

BlacknGold Barbarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by foucs View Post
I didn't like how Chara was crying to the refs.. actually screaming at them when Toews accidently skated into Raskl and hugged him... it reminded me of Crosby. Speaking of which..in the Boston-Pitsburgh series, i lost all respect for Chara when they showed him punching Crosby square in the jaw in a small scrum.
Oh no!

Old
06-20-2013, 12:15 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
He's definitely over his head in the scoring depot but he always brings solid defensive play, hard hitting, durability and a rocket of a shot. I think the Bruins would miss him a lot if they got rid of him, more so then they would miss Ference.
For the record I do agree with you. He's a steady guy, perfect as a 3/4 on this team. Hits hard, usually is defensively responsible. Hard shot, etc., making reasonable money. And that is hard to replace.

However, if you can fleece some poor team into overpaying for someone like him, you do it.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
I have Zero respect for him
!
Yep, same here. He needs to keep his focus and his mental energy on the game and not be complaining to the Refs. It's the Finals, those complaints aren't going to serve much if any purpose.

Oh, the bolded part is Not true of me. The rest yes.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I'm sure he's heartbroken.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Scary O Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Defense was atrocious. Chara, Seidenberg and Ference were all lousy.

Not worried. This is going 7, and the B's will win in septuple OT on a goal from Jagr followed by a salute.
In a perfect world that would be true, I hope it comes to pass but the B's had better get their heads back in it because they're headed in to a tough building.... But I remember them heading in to the Bell centre in 2011 down 2 games and we all know what happened that year. Hard back checking forwards and a laser beam aimed at Crawfords glove side and they'll pull it off! Seems to me Boston skips a year while they win cups.....
1939, 1941, 1970, 1972, 2011,.......looks like I'm gonna have another Stanley cup patch to sew on my "Habs suck" 75th anniversary jersey

Scary O Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
He had no PP time last night....and CJ played Peverly on the point.
Sorry, you're probably right since you seem to be sure about it. But certainly he's been on the PP in other games; can't understand why he wasn't last night.

Old
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
K.

Oh and Crosby deserved it. Don't mouth off after the play, and act like the general ***** he is. All this BS about his jaw getting targeted intentionally? Wear a cage if your jaw is still that hurt. Zero ****s given from me.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Nose Face Killah
🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝

I still say bruins in 6.

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
DarrenBanks56

whoever wins saturday is gonna win the series.
bruins had a chance to go up 3-1 in the series with home ice, and blew it.
they came out playing like crap for some reason.

it will come back to haunt them.

i honestly would spot shift seguin on the 2nd line every other shift saturday.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:21 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
I'm pretty sure nobody cares that you don't respect one of the greatest Bruins defensemen in history and a future Hall of Famer. How is your summer going down in Pittsburgh anyways?

Wahhhh Wahhhh Wahhhhhh

mikelvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:22 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
whoever wins saturday is gonna win the series.bruins had a chance to go up 3-1 in the series with home ice, and blew it.
they came out playing like crap for some reason.

it will come back to haunt them.

i honestly would spot shift seguin on the 2nd line every other shift saturday.
The 2011 Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 would like to speak with you.

Nothing is going to be determined onSaturday except which team is one win away and which team is 2. One team will be more likely to win the Cup, the other will be less likely.

Old
bruinmann77

The Bruins last night IMO blew their chance for a cup,with a very lackluster defense and overall sloppy play. Not sure we going to overcome this this is a vegy good hawks team. who have the next 2/3 at home. BUT ME GUT SAYS THE CUP WILL BE RAISED MON>
but not sure by whom

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DarrenBanks56

i love jags, but he just pisses me off.
even how he had his leg hanging over the boards in ot. the eventual icing hit his leg and stopped the puck. The hawks line had been out there for over a minute at that point and no timeouts available.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote