Notices

Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Old
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
bruins repeat time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Bring in Soderberg so he can be used throughout the bottom six. See if you can find some chemistry.
I hope he is a far better player than I saw in the regular season. I will never get how guys get attacked on here and he somehow impressed a lot of people by doing nothing. I was excited as most when he arrived and still am for the future but I don't know how anyone is expecting much from him without putting a---he will be much improved now with it

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Southern Gentleman B

Okay, Hawks had something to say about our hopes for a 3-1 lead so we have to face some adversity. Confidence is shaken a bit, but maybe we set ourselves up to a degree and now we have three days to think it over.

Our normal fourth line isn't the most talented on the team, but they are the most disciplined. I think we missed their ability to get us back playing our style when things got out of control early. Risky stuff playing wide open with all kinds of space in the neutral zone for Hawk rushes. Too many times we got beat to dumpins and Chicago players made confident first passes to initiate speed rushes with open lanes.

Krejci needs to get back to doing what he does best, create scoring opportunities and let Lucic worry about pounding away on Toews.

Rare sight seeing Bergeron get beat back by Handzus, but that guy quietly does so many good things on the ice it never ceases to amaze me.

Series tied 2-2, right where we were two years ago and we know how that turned out.

Southern Gentleman B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
weaponomega

The Bruins were drawn into playing the exact type of game Chicago wants them to play. Back and forth, high tempo, odd man rushes, etc.

That is not Julien type hockey. If the Bruins play their suffocating, no speed through the neutral zone, smart pinches, hard back checking, they will contain Chicago.

The Blackhawks haven't really solved Rask, at least compared to how the B's appear to have figured out Crawford. Most of the goals on Rask were dirty goals - nothing clean.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bruins repeat time

Besides the fact the bottom 6 isn't really the problem now. Yes Milan got a goal but that line has really been shut down. The hawks played leddy 2-37 which is a far bigger fatigue risk than the bruins playin thornton and daugs 6 minutes

Old
06-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I don't think he stunk personally....I think he got hung out to dry pretty badly...

....but the game winner from out on the wide point wasn't screened and wasn't deflected. It's a save that he's usually gonna make. He got clowned on that like Crawford got clowned on JB55's goal, so you gotta call both those pretty crappy ones to allow.
He was screened by two players : Seidenberg and someone else, I think Marchand but I'm not sure. He leaned to the left to try to see something and the shot came to his right side so he had no time to react.

Edit : It was Bergeron and Seidenberg, with Chara and Toews just next to Rask. Here's a screenshot I just took :

Last edited by Sevren: 06-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:41 PM
bruins repeat time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Gentleman B View Post
Okay, Hawks had something to say about our hopes for a 3-1 lead so we have to face some adversity. Confidence is shaken a bit, but maybe we set ourselves up to a degree and now we have three days to think it over.

Our normal fourth line isn't the most talented on the team, but they are the most disciplined. I think we missed their ability to get us back playing our style when things got out of control early. Risky stuff playing wide open with all kinds of space in the neutral zone for Hawk rushes. Too many times we got beat to dumpins and Chicago players made confident first passes to initiate speed rushes with open lanes.

Krejci needs to get back to doing what he does best, create scoring opportunities and let Lucic worry about pounding away on Toews.

Rare sight seeing Bergeron get beat back by Handzus, but that guy quietly does so many good things on the ice it never ceases to amaze me.

Series tied 2-2, right where we were two years ago and we know how that turned out.
I agree with most of this ---we can sure as anything still win this it just stinks to miss a chance against a team who hasn't been great on the road in the playoffs to put a major major stranglehold on the series

Old
06-20-2013, 01:45 PM
bruins repeat time

Rask made some great saves and didn't have much of a chance on any hawk goals. Could have he played better--I guess but its funny people think goalies have 100 percent control on how many goals a team scores. Game 4 was without a doubt the biggest gap in goalie play against each other and we were on the right side of that.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Thing is ... we haven't lost in regulation since game 6 in round 1.
And yet we're tied at 2. Bummer.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Charbacca08

I felt as if I was watching someone play NHL 13 all night. One of the oddest games I have seen in a while.

Charbacca08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Whiskey Sam
Puck Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
(If you read what I am about to write and think I have given up on this series, please don't respond, because I haven't. I still think the Bruins are more likely to win it than lose it. Thank you in advance.)

God-****ing-dammit we are ****ing giving this mother ****ing series away **** **** ****.
I'm with you. Haven't given up, but it is extremely frustrating to see how we've thrown away two games.

Whiskey Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
BruinsPortugal

wow just watched the goals...that was some terrible defense. bergeron getting beat by handzus(wtf?), Chara taking a nap on the ice...

lets take the next one!

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
Bruins do way better away rather than home, just to let you know
I hope that you're right since 2 of the next 3 will be on the road.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
People complaining about Jagr last night? Really?

Didn't see his play a a major contributor to last night's loss.

I can name ten other players, at least, who I would single out ahead of him.
No kidding!

I guess people just get comfortable with blaming certain players (or stat lines, or whatever the case may be).

Yeah... An EASY 10 players to single out over Jagr. Easy. Jagr wasn't a problem last night.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
No kidding!

I guess people just get comfortable with blaming certain players (or stat lines, or whatever the case may be).

Yeah... An EASY 10 players to single out over Jagr. Easy. Jagr wasn't a problem last night.
Pretty much this. Game doesn't even make it to OT without him. He was mediocre in game 1, and just absolutely horrendous in the first period of G2, but he's been one of the better players on the ice for both teams since.

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:57 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
No kidding!

I thought Jagr looked pretty damn good actually. When he's carrying the puck through the neutral zone, or even touching the puck in the neutral zone he doesn't handle it well. When he's in the corners and behind the net he is fine. He made several really slick passes from the boards right into the slot last night.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:04 PM
C77

Jagr was great in the offensive zone and bad defensively.

Basically what should be expected from him.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
bruinmann77

Bruins need to play there game if Not hawks will win at home. sorry don't like our odds unless we win Sat. But again the stanley cup champ will be crowned in Boston Monday

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Regina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Thing is ... we haven't lost in regulation since game 6 in round 1.
And yet we're tied at 2. Bummer.
Really ?

Nice stat

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
... Game 4 was without a doubt the biggest gap in goalie play against each other and we were on the right side of that.
Yea, that needs puttin out again.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
caz16

vCash: 50
It isn't so bad IMO, in some ways a 3-1 lead would concern me. If it went 3-2 after the next game, memories of the series against the Leafs would appear. If the Hawks made a comeback to tie the series at 3, they would probably beat us. They are not the Leafs and a miracle comeback wouldn't be happening.

I don't get the negativity at all, I realize there were bad plays but after all was said and done, they lost in OT. There were chances and a bounce made the difference. We did beat the Hawks on home ice once already and stats mean nothing. Bruins fans should know this from past experience both in positive and negative ways.

There is no way to predict the outcome. The joy or sorrow will be immense but it is the possibility of that joy that keeps us passionate.

Hurry up Saturday!

caz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

The Bruins gave up more odd man rushes yesterday than they have in the past 10 games combined. Dman pinching at the Blue line without high forward covering. Gap between fwd and D was way to big.

I think the Bruins will be much much better Saturday. That being said,the Hawks will come out flying Tuukka will have to be at his best..The Bruins will progressively get better as the game goes on.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekD View Post
Hawk fan here but certainly not to troll, I just wanted to say how absolutely shocked I was, not having watched Boston, at the top-line speed that they have. We are used to watching the Hawks fly around and make other teams look slow, and now it appears that you are used to the same thing. The difference is that your forwards are bigger for the most part.

I think it's going seven and I don't have any idea on an outcome, I just know that I will not be able to watch/listen if it goes to OT.

Good luck the rest of the series, and if there is a team that I wouldn't mind finishing 2nd to, it would be the Bruins. Couldn't be happier that you beat Vancouver in 2011, a team that many Chicago fans are not too crazy about.
Nice first post. I want the B's to win but have no hate for Chicago or the fans there.

06-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
(If you read what I am about to write and think I have given up on this series, please don't respond, because I haven't. I still think the Bruins are more likely to win it than lose it. Thank you in advance.)

God-****ing-dammit we are ****ing giving this mother ****ing series away **** **** ****.
A little luck would be nice.

You going to game 6 ? I hope so.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Will be up in Boothbay Harbor, ME for game 5. Now to find the right bah............

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

honestly did not expect this to be 2-2 with a working power play. Power play with Paille on it looks nice, good adjustment. But man, the D...

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote