HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier Race Down to 3 Teams (TOR, PHI, MIN)

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2013, 04:52 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Yeah Carchidi is a ****ing moron. Our other beat writer suggested that Couturier and a 2nd for Ben Bishop at the TD would have been a good move for us too...Amazing these dickheads have jobs.

That Giroux deal....lol
Really? Wow that is stupidity at it's finest.

Old
06-23-2013, 04:54 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 View Post
Really? Wow that is stupidity at it's finest.
I couldnt even begin to tell you lol

Old
06-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

I think DL is waiting till the Finals end before he jumps on whatever deal he likes.

Old
06-23-2013, 05:49 AM
in on the beat

i have a feeling the flyers ink bernier

Old
06-23-2013, 06:11 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
i have a feeling the flyers ink bernier
Ink Bernier...? As in trade for him and sign him to an extension? Or an offer sheet? Do you know what an RFA is?

Old
06-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
people are neglecting the fact that no matter what his value should be from prior trades like halak, bishop, etc, if a GM believes Bernier to be more valuable to his team going forward, then lets say the Isles first round pick, the GM will make the trade

snow isnt going to have to validate the trade from similar past trades, he will validate it by saying he believes the NYI are a better team today than they were yesterday
Is Tim Thomas returning next season?

Old
06-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
The isles are much more interested in Ryan Miller than they are in Bernier. Unless Bernier comes at a steal price don't expect the Isles to trade for him

Old
06-23-2013, 08:11 AM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
The isles are much more interested in Ryan Miller than they are in Bernier. Unless Bernier comes at a steal price don't expect the Isles to trade for him
Any source behind that speculation?

Old
06-23-2013, 08:13 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Ink Bernier...? As in trade for him and sign him to an extension? Or an offer sheet? Do you know what an RFA is?
You don't have to be that rude. "Inking" Bernie can be interpreted as signing him to an offer-sheet.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:32 AM
The Wall

DO NOT WANT for Toronto. Reimer has proven he is a top ten goaltender in the league and is a huge fan favorite. Use the assets on a top DMan or centre but at goalie we are set.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:36 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
DO NOT WANT for Toronto. Reimer has proven he is a top ten goaltender in the league and is a huge fan favorite. Use the assets on a top DMan or centre but at goalie we are set.
Top 10 you say???

id probably argue he is top 3 in the league a lock for many vezina's in years to come hahahah

Old
06-23-2013, 08:39 AM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
TOP 10

Anderson and Lehner are better and thats only from my Sens team lol

Old
06-23-2013, 08:40 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
Top 10 you say???

id probably argue he is top 3 in the league a lock for many vezina's in years to come hahahah
I'd say its pretty close between Lundqvist and Reimer for tops in the league.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Top 10 you say???

Cool, nice being a troll eh bud?

While I don't think he's a top 10 goalie in the league, this year he finished 8th in SV% last year, and led the Leafs to their first playoffs in 9 years - with it being well established on these boards that the Leafs get outshot in a majority of their games.

Argument that he was top 10 in the league last year is pretty accurate

Old
06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
I'd say its pretty close between Lundqvist and Reimer for tops in the league.
Lundqvist is old news he lost to the bruins in 5, Reimer single handedly took the B's to 7 and if the team didn't let him down they would be playing and probably beating chicago right now... am I doing this right ? lmao

Old
06-23-2013, 08:45 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
Cool, nice being a troll eh bud?

While I don't think he's a top 10 goalie in the league, this year he finished 8th in SV% last year, and led the Leafs to their first playoffs in 9 years - with it being well established on these boards that the Leafs get outshot in a majority of their games.

Argument that he was top 10 in the league last year is pretty accurate

Did you not read what the poster wrote above my reply? Reimer is not a starter on 3/4 of the teams in the league

Old
06-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Highlander23

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did you not read what the poster wrote above my reply? Reimer is not a starter on 3/4 of the teams in the league
Ok bud, a philly fan talking about goalies, the irony

Old
06-23-2013, 08:54 AM
FloridaKingsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Bernier will be dealt on or before June 30 th. This is getting annoying though. The longer this drags the worse Lombardi looks. He needs to make a deal soon.
I don't think Lombardi cares how he looks. He is going to get the max he can. As he should. If people are willing to pay it, well then that is the value of Bernier. Should he just take the quickest and least offer he can find? This is capitalism. Supply and demand 101.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Pepper

I can't see Toronto trading for Bernier, Reimer was very good for them and it would be kinda pointless to give assets for a goalie who has never been a starter in the NHL. Yeah, Bernier could be better than Reimer but is it worth the risk? Especially if the price is 1st round pick.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Please enlighten us with a few actual "facts" concerning the trading of Bernier.

Not speculation or hyperbole but flat out empirical evidence. You are basing everything that you have said on nothing more than your own speculative opinions which if you believe the media at all is the opposite of what they are reporting to be the truth.
To be fair, there is no way to provide empirical evidence on anything pertaining to this. For instance, show me empirical evidence that Toronto is seriously trying to trade for Bernier. You physically couldn't until after the fact.

Quote:
Now I am not saying that the media is perfect or anywhere close to it but I will say that for so many of them to be reporting so much you would have to think that at least a couple of them would check their sources.
I think you give the media too much credit. If a players agent tells you Toronto is in on it..... do you question it? Who would you call that is more in the know that would actually talk? Ever think that maybe DL phoned in a favor with Leiweke? It wouldn't be the first time in history someone used the media to drive perception.... wouldn't be the first time this weekend.

Quote:
I mean you don't think that the guys who report for outlets like CSN ESPN and TSN are going to simply take what one person says and run with it every time without at least trying to contact the teams mentioned, do you? Sure some of the other guys might go on rumors and innuendo but not all of them would so saying that all of this is due to one GM contacting the media and all of the rest of them just going along with the group is completely naive at best and likely worse if you ask me.
Some sources are stronger than others. If it cam from Phillys assistant to the letter opener, I'm sure they go the extra mile.... but again, if it comes directly from a player agent? That's a pretty strong source.... it might as well be coming directly out of the players mouth.

Quote:
Sure are allot of other NHL folks and media outlets who disagree with your way of thinking is the best I can say.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what Bernier ends up fetching. If he gets significantly more than what we've been hearing, then that would tell me there is either some truth to the rumors, or at the very least one of the GM's believed it to be true.

I contend that the GM's (NHL folks) see right through it and are standing relatively pat.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:58 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander23 View Post
Ok bud, a philly fan talking about goalies, the irony
My username is LALALAND, I have a Pic of Rick with the Hollywood sign in the back... give your head a shake France

Old
06-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Jester9881

Can anyone honestly say that Toronto being in on this makes any sense at all? They're going to use resources to attain Bernier when they're set in goal and have other needs?

I just don't buy it.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:00 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Can anyone honestly say that Toronto being in on this makes any sense at all? They're going to use resources to attain Bernier when they're set in goal and have other needs?

I just don't buy it.
Toronto isn't set in goal... it was a half season. 82 games is a much bigger grind

Old
06-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Toronto isn't set in goal... it was a half season. 82 games is a much bigger grind
If that's the case (I kinda disagree), would Bernier help? At this point, Reimer is more proven than Bernier as a starting goalie.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:03 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
If that's the case (I kinda disagree), would Bernier help? At this point, Reimer is more proven than Bernier as a starting goalie.
Bernier has a much higher pedigree than Reimer, In my opinion if he is dealt to Toronto - JB45 is the full time starter by November

Closed Thread