HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Free Agency & Offseason Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2013, 08:13 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Rob has turned down a few of our offers and there has been back and forth. We will see how it all works out. Never say never but I stand by what I said ten days ago so far. As of yesterday Rob hasn't seen anything he wants to sign from us and he will be looking to move East.

I heard that yesterdays offer was DL's "best offer" so it could be game over.

Iggy to Dallas. Call it a hunch.
That sucks.

I really hope Lombardi is trying to get a left winger in before the season.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
That sucks.

I really hope Lombardi is trying to get a left winger in before the season.
I'm less concerned about it now than I was before the draft. If Mitchell is truly healthy, then LA's only real weakness, on paper, is the second line left wing and we have quite a few players that can be a stopgap there, or even some that could take the reigns (Toffoli or Frattin). They will both get their shot, and when you look at our depth chart and prospect list, left wing is looking stronger by the second. The future is pretty bright at all positions now. There really shouldn't be any major complaints about the roster next year. If our key players step up, we should be looking at another long and successful season.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Amazing how one draft can really change things. All hail Lombardi!

Old
07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Fat Elvis

I see Scuds getting 3-4 years 13-16 million for the Islanders.

LA then would go into next season hoping and praying that Mitchell is OK and then he and Scuds would just swap out.
I don't know if any other of the dmen are quite ready, except maybe Campbell. But dang, I wouldn't be real comfortable with relying on him for much. Miller and Forbort may shock us all, but I'm not betting on that next year.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Richie10

I respect your sources, Tonelli, but Dallas doesn't make a lot of sense for Iginla unless he just wants to go back to the team that drafted him. Dallas isn't contending for a Cup anytime soon and if that's a top priority for Iggy I don't see how he talks himself into signing there.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I respect your sources, Tonelli, but Dallas doesn't make a lot of sense for Iginla unless he just wants to go back to the team that drafted him. Dallas isn't contending for a Cup anytime soon and if that's a top priority for Iggy I don't see how he talks himself into signing there.
They are making a really big push for him and he has some heavy connections with mgmt and coaching staff there now.

I agree it isn't a great choice if he wants to win a cup though Dallas is doing allot to get better and quickly too.

I think Iggy will end up in Beantown or I did up until today. Now after what I have heard about Dallas I am not so certain. I would say 40/60 at this point.

As long as it isn't us I am alright with wherever he ends up.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:07 PM
CandianKingsFan14

If we cant sign Scuderi we could always grab a cheap ufa defensive defenceman,

but I dont know who we would be intrested in.

Also if were looking at lw for a reasonable price, since were up by the cap what

about Mason Raymond? He has size and speed also good defensivley and is capable

of putting the puck in the net.

Also Iwould look at MacArther too.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:08 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'm less concerned about it now than I was before the draft. If Mitchell is truly healthy, then LA's only real weakness, on paper, is the second line left wing and we have quite a few players that can be a stopgap there, or even some that could take the reigns (Toffoli or Frattin). They will both get their shot, and when you look at our depth chart and prospect list, left wing is looking stronger by the second. The future is pretty bright at all positions now. There really shouldn't be any major complaints about the roster next year. If our key players step up, we should be looking at another long and successful season.
I don't know if Frattin would be that much of a force of leftwing on 2nd line.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I think he "can" be and am hopeful he will be but I agree that we don't really know either way yet.

That said if you look at how both DL and DS want our lines to be set up he fits in.

LW = Banger/Net Presence
C = Pivot/Set Up
RW = Sniper/Skill Presence.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams

Frattin/Richards/Carter

King/Stoll/Toffi

Cliffy/Lewis/Nolan
Fraser/Vey

I actually like those lines and think that they give us allot of room to try different things. I am not certain we go into the playoffs with that line up but it can easily get us back there and in solid form too.

Just spitballing.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think he "can" be and am hopeful he will be but I agree that we don't really know either way yet.

That said if you look at how both DL and DS want our lines to be set up he fits in.

LW = Banger/Net Presence
C = Pivot/Set Up
RW = Sniper/Skill Presence.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams

Frattin/Richards/Carter

King/Stoll/Toffi

Cliffy/Lewis/Nolan
Fraser/Vey

I actually like those lines and think that they give us allot of room to try different things. I am not certain we go into the playoffs with that line up but it can easily get us back there and in solid form too.

Just spitballing.
i think you pretty much nailed it only think i see the lw set up a touch different. Frattin seem to be a shoot first player and i think honestly hes going to be giving a shot with kopitar feeding him.
Also i like Clifford over king. I think hes got more offensive upside, Just needs to stay on the 3rd long enuff to get the right chemistry with toffolli and stoll. I honestly see King being replaced by andy andy.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i think you pretty much nailed it only think i see the lw set up a touch different. Frattin seem to be a shoot first player and i think honestly hes going to be giving a shot with kopitar feeding him.
Also i like Clifford over king. I think hes got more offensive upside, Just needs to stay on the 3rd long enuff to get the right chemistry with toffolli and stoll. I honestly see King being replaced by andy andy.
Yep. We have plenty of room to find perfect fits for everyone.

I have been pushing AA for some time now and still want to see him make the team. That said we will keep King and hope that he starts playing up to his size again this coming season. If he doesn't we won't keep him around that is for certain. Clifford could easily end up as the 3LW over King and might should do so.

I still like the idea of rolling 4 solid balanced lines but there aren't many who agree with me and probably rightly so. I think we will see a couple of different set ups next year either way so by the time the playoffs roll around we will have a few nice changes before we go into the playoffs imo.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
At least this season we will have a training camp and enough time to play with the lines early in the season to figure it all out.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:41 PM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFirstCup View Post
This probably went under the radar but what do you guys think about signing Benoit Pouliot? Tampa didn't qualify him yesterday so he's now a free agent. He's only 26, plays LW, was a top 5 overall pick, had a pretty good season last year and will be super cheap to sign. I say why not? Not many decent LW's out there we can sign for under $1 million like Pouliot.
Tap..tap..tap...is this thing on?

Old
07-03-2013, 11:29 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I really don't want to see Dwight king playing third line because he is a 4th liner imo. If Frattin is gonna be the plug at second LW. Hopefully we can upgrade our 3left wing or at least let king go. He really doesn't bring anything.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:29 AM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
I really don't want to see Dwight king playing third line because he is a 4th liner imo. If Frattin is gonna be the plug at second LW. Hopefully we can upgrade our 3left wing or at least let king go. He really doesn't bring anything.
Except being the Kings franchise leading goal scorer in the Conference finals

Old
07-04-2013, 12:30 AM
HTK

I am sure I will get some flack for this but I want Ballard. He is not as good as Scuds but he is VERY physical and would hopefully come very cheap. Not to mention he is great skater. I think he gets a bad rap in Vancouver.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Can/does Peverley play LW?

Old
07-04-2013, 02:43 AM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
I can watch this over and over and over and over and over...

Old
07-04-2013, 11:42 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
We haven't seen his ceiling yet in the NHL, that's why he's on the Kings. I think the scenario is a Toffoli/Frattin rotation on the 2nd and 3rd line. Whether or not Frattin is scoring goals he's gonna be playing the Sutter/Lombardi system to a T each night. The Kings can either out score you or out grind you each night, they can roll out 4 lines and with Mitchell, Greene and Regehr for a full season you're not gonna get easy goals from in close.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:45 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
At least this season we will have a training camp and enough time to play with the lines early in the season to figure it all out.
That's a good point. I don't think the schedule last season was kind to physical players or teams like the Kings. I can't imagine being a stay at home defensemen, grinding out 20 minutes, blocking shots, hitting guys in the corner and then playing again 1 night later.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
deeshamrock

Waiver list growing fast:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: "@TSNRyanRishaug: Mikhael Grabovski on unconditional waivers"/Buyout coming.

TSNRyanRishaug: Darrel Powe, Johan Hedberg, Aaron Asham, also on waivers
Eric Belanger also on waivers, unconditional, buyout coming

The Isles have room and that would be nice for Grabovski, playing behind Tavares gives them a good 1-2 punch'

and Giroux is looking to get a huge raise (overpayment)
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...

If that goes thru, looks like a few more Flyers will be finding new homes for 14-15.

Old
07-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Wow sounds like Seguin to Dallas for Eriksson according to Dregers tweet.

‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

Old
07-04-2013, 01:09 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow, Tyler Seguin in our division? Looks like the Stars aren't joking around this off-season.

Old
07-04-2013, 01:10 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

@Mirtle: Kings sign Keaton Ellerby to a one-year deal.

Ugh. I thought we were over this guy. I guess that means goodbye to Scuderi

Old
07-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I'd rather play against Seguin than Eriksson...

Closed Thread